Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Efexeye posted:

if they put the strap on Reigns the show ends with thunderous boos and no one benefits from that either
I would've preferred if Rusev and ADR were able to dispatch Roman in a decisive way while Sheamus climbed the ladder. Roman beating everyone up and just "LOL you lose anyway" makes everyone look ineffectual. He could still have done the chair rampage afterwards and it would've made marginally more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Eltoasto posted:

It was fine. Tables matches are inherently lame because you can't really use them as weapons and the only thing you can really do is set up tables that people forget about.

actually it was very bad. tons of blown spots, stroman and dreamer looked lost half the time, and multiple dumb teases with no payoff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Mania was real bad though?

mania ruled

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MotU posted:

I completely missed TLC. What matches should I go back and watch, or was the whole show good top to bottom?

WATCH/MARRY/gently caress

WATCH: TAG TEAM LADDER MATCH

MARRY: Paige

gently caress: WWE CREATIVE

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
I look forward to Kalisto wearing an rear end brace the same way Rey had to wear the big clunky knee braces.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dreamer did approximately 2 moves in the match and spent the rest of it either sleeping or setting up tables.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dreamer did approximately 2 moves in the match and spent the rest of it either sleeping or setting up tables.

well he name is Dreamer not BeingAwaker

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Luigi Thirty posted:

Probably the way it should be tbh

Nice to see the Wyatts get a win. Strong Bro Man's chokeslam ending spot was cool and good.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
guy I came up with this amazing joke where you misspell Brawn Strowman's name and uh

oh man uh

the rest of the joke is you pretend it's funny I guess? It's hilarious thogh

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DynamiteKidd posted:

guy I came up with this amazing joke where you misspell Brawn Strowman's name and uh

oh man uh

the rest of the joke is you pretend it's funny I guess? It's hilarious thogh

My client, my BEAST, BORK LAZNOR

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That spot Kalisto did tonight was so awesome it would be a crime to just fade him back into obscurity. They have to do something with the Lucha Dragons.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Zyla posted:

WATCH/MARRY/gently caress

WATCH: TAG TEAM LADDER MATCH

MARRY: Paige

gently caress: WWE CREATIVE

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

That spot Kalisto did tonight was so awesome it would be a crime to just fade him back into obscurity. They have to do something with the Lucha Dragons.

have hunico disappear on a raft and push Kalisto as the reincarnation of Rey

bartok
May 10, 2006

Any highlights from the Austin Podcast? The WWE Network hosed up and kept looping while Shawn was talking about his 15 year old son wanting to enlist so I turned it off.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zyla posted:

have hunico disappear on a raft and push Kalisto as the reincarnation of Rey

Sin Cara should be the revolving door partner for every incoming luchador until they're big enough to go off on their own.

Hunico's a solid hand but doesn't do much to stand out, so a lucha mentor role would be good for him. They've actually pretty consistently been protecting Kalisto, like how he managed to beat Ryback in the title tournament and then looked really good in the next round.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
So in the end can we say that Sheamus did indeed smash Roman's taint as he promised on Monday?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Good job with Roman wwe. Now to keep it up i think raw should start with an, at minimum, 25 minute Roman promo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

mania ruled

The only good things about Mania were Rusev's tank and Rollins cashing in. The rest was boring generic garbage.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That angle after the main event was great. I don't know what they're going to do on Monday, but it was the absolute best Roman has looked since the Shield were an active group. More of that, and he's a star.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

The only good things about Mania were Rusev's tank and Rollins cashing in. The rest was boring generic garbage.

much like your posts

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

at least roman had a better reaction in the end than at survivor series.

TheFuglyStik
Mar 7, 2003

Attention-starved & smugly condescending, the hipster has been deemed by
top scientists as:
"The self-important, unemployable clowns of the modern age."
I totally expect them to poo poo up the angle in the most efficient way possible. :flaccid:

Handing Reigns a chair every time they used to hand him a mic is the way, going forward. The WWE fan hivemind has got this one right.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

also get home safe ric.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Others have said it, but I just want to reiterate how great it was that the announcers acted like Roman was some goddamn uncontrollable crazy person who could snap at anyone at any moment.

"STOP THIS, ROMAN! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? THIS IS INSANE!" as he hit Hunter with the chair 59 times and then beat the piss out of him on the outside is the kind of Reigns they should push going forward. No more goofy one-liners written by a 50-something advertising executive.

Just Roman Reigns going nuts on people with inanimate objects and having to be restrained by refs. People reacted positively to it, too. There were a lot of "THANK YOU RO-MAN" chants to end the show.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

AfroLine posted:

also get home safe ric.

is this because he was as coked to the gills as he appeared to be?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i can't tell if they had commentary not act like roman reigns is a hero because they don't know what they're doing or if it's because they know how untrustworthy the desk is so they need to do the opposite

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So one ppv ends with roman getting screwed and then crying like a dumb little baby as people poo poo on him and another ends with Roman getting screwed and then destroying everything as people cheer and chant his name. Hmmmmmmmm.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Watch Stephanie cut a 50 minute promo on Roman how he sucks and is a loser and is gonna get fired and all Roman does is stand there

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Ugh they're gonna have Roman beat HHH as the curtain jerker at Wrestlemania ti get into the Main Event. You know that's where this is heading.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oldpainless posted:

So one ppv ends with roman getting screwed and then crying like a dumb little baby as people poo poo on him and another ends with Roman getting screwed and then destroying everything as people cheer and chant his name. Hmmmmmmmm.

what's his rumble number

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Survivor Series - wahhhh I lost
TLC - this isn't fair! You're being mean! You're gonna be sorry!
Royal Rumble - I don't wanna go to bed!!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's really simple. HHH is a heel. And because he is HHH, he thinks he is the biggest baddest most important heel now and forever.

How to get someone over as a face? Have them beat down this big bad Cerebral Assassin Badass heel a lot. (And because I am HHH and do whats best for business I am happy getting beat down a lot.)

Now here comes the thing. If HHH Cenas this beatdown, and comes out with a long Authority promo then its hosed and back to business as usual. However if Roman decisively beats him up, (or intimidates him in any way), on RAW, then they have finally figured out how to push Roman Reigns.

And if they do that, his path to getting the title in a few months will be ACE.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's really simple. HHH is a heel. And because he is HHH, he thinks he is the biggest baddest most important heel now and forever.

How to get someone over as a face? Have them beat down this big bad Cerebral Assassin Badass heel a lot. (And because I am HHH and do whats best for business I am happy getting beat down a lot.)

Now here comes the thing. If HHH Cenas this beatdown, and comes out with a long Authority promo then its hosed and back to business as usual. However if Roman decisively beats him up, (or intimidates him in any way), on RAW, then they have finally figured out how to push Roman Reigns.

And if they do that, his path to getting the title in a few months will be ACE.

how does any of this address the fact that he has boring matches and sucks at talking

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I, for one, am super excited for the mean and rough Roman Reigns beat up his boss and showed everyone that this Big Dog rules the yard.

Believe that

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

how does any of this address the fact that he has boring matches and sucks at talking

He got that pop that one time, he's bulletproof now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gonz posted:

Just Roman Reigns going nuts on people with inanimate objects and having to be restrained by refs. People reacted positively to it, too. There were a lot of "THANK YOU RO-MAN" chants to end the show.

Whoa whoa whoa… we're done with our gimmick PPVs until Extreme Rules. We can't be having that each week

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roman reigns doesn't know how not to have a four star match

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone tell me how Charlotte suddenly got so good at the not wrestling parts of wrestling because she was on fire tonight

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Astro7x posted:

Whoa whoa whoa… we're done with our gimmick PPVs until Extreme Rules. We can't be having that each week

That didn't stop Dean Ambrose from attacking someone with items from a hot dog cart last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone tell me how Charlotte suddenly got so good at the not wrestling parts of wrestling because she was on fire tonight

I'm not 100% sure, but I think she's Ric Flair's daughter

• Locked thread