Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

TheRealestMatt posted:

That's the thing. I wish it was way WAY worse.

You got "unlucky" in that you seem to have dodged a lot of the bugs I got hit with. Like, a lot of it was enemies having trouble with high platforms or floor-over-floor stuff where they'd magically teleport to ground level if they touched a ledge, or being unable to progress because your AI buddies got their limbs caught on something half a level back, etc. Even that very first section with the bats killed me a few times because enemies from way up high would suddenly appear next to me out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can see Pat's pov on the charge-up. In Bloodborne, the charge-up is the alternative way you have at your disposal to set enemies up for critical attacks, and as he and Woolie learned in the main playthrough, it sometimes works on bosses too (breaking Amelia's limbs, crit-attacking the Cleric Beast) when bullets do not. So from his perspective, the charge-up does a lot of damage, and can then likely be followed up on with a crit attack for a lot of massive fuckoff damage. To sane people, that's not worth the risk of instant death with no guard. To Pat, it is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
After years of Pat talking up the ~realistic lightsaber mod~ for jedi outcast this is super tepid

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Matt, in the new Bloodborne playthrough title cards, shouldn't your little Matt fingers be all orange from cheeto dust? You're eating cheetos in the back!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just realized that Ivan is probably the most successful implementation of gunjumping in a game. No wonder Liam's in his element.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

After years of Pat talking up the ~realistic lightsaber mod~ for jedi outcast this is super tepid

That's because you're finding it now, and not as a dumb kid thirteen years ago. Finding out about the console command when you're twelve years old playing the game for the first time makes it seem like the coolest and edgiest poo poo ever!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

quote:

I went to one Best Buy and three GameStop locations before I found a retail copy of Devil's Third for sale. Best Buy had none in stock for the entire district, and only three GameStop stores in the state had copies of Devil's Third available for customers who hand't placed a pre-order. GameStop also let me know that, as far as they could tell, their online store only had 420 copies of the game available for sale for the entire country. Unless demand picks up and Nintendo of America issues a reprint, Devil's Third may end up being one of the more rare games the publisher has ever released.
From a Destructoid article. Wow, that's pretty crazy. Where else was the game available?

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 14, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I had no idea yakuza 5 was even being released in english, I've played them all even the psp and zombie one. So cool!

Now 0 is coming out in english too, I thought sega gave up on this series years ago.

Also that jedi mod owns, force push stormtrooper arms off everyday.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Visidan posted:

I thought sega gave up on this series years ago.
They gave up on localizing them because they don't really sell well enough to justify translating and localizing the frankly ridiculous amounts of text in those games. Sony presumably gave them a few million reasons to reconsider.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
With the surprise announcement of Yakuza 0 at PSX I hope they maybe got convinced to keep at it thanks to Yakuza 5 preorders. But then again one of the localizers had already said that sales of Yakuza 5 wouldn't affect future localization decisions in a stream a month or so ago.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie dumping on the shooting in Outcast is the worst

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

Woolie dumping on the shooting in Outcast is the worst

Agreed. I hate it when Woolie's right.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I recently booted up Jedi Outcast and yeah the shooting isn't amazing. I'm not sure if it's because it's not meant for modern mice or maybe it's was always not great but I had a lot of trouble playing it.

Game becomes amazing once you get the light saber though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Y'all are a bunch of cowardly Pats

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
We will live on as toilets. Our Salt, eternal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Brb slipping into my depression of Pat-shame like I'm sliding myself into an envelope

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The Kins posted:

They gave up on localizing them because they don't really sell well enough to justify translating and localizing the frankly ridiculous amounts of text in those games.

Well I mean and Sega were dumb and deserve all the venom they get over that series. We only got a digital option for 4 and Dead Souls last year. Before that it was hunt down a physical copy which could be hard for people in some places or buy off ebay and then Sega really gets none of the money. Then Sega have a little fit because people aren't buying the super niche title enough, pout and no more Yakuza for the west until our lord and savior Gio Corsi came along.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That Star trek beyond trailer is really terrible, hope Pat goes nuts on the podcast

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie watches the prequels way too much

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
At all?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Depths posted:

That Star trek beyond trailer is really terrible, hope Pat goes nuts on the podcast

I don't care at all for Star Trek (i'm sure it's fine and enjoyable, and I love when they talk about the show on the podcast) but even I could tell right away that the new trailer was a hosed up Not Star Trek

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Remember when Uncle Owen and Luke rescued R2 from Lava Beast Jawenko in Episode 4? Best part of New Hope by far.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Depths posted:

He was on Twitter earlier giving up all hope

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Yardbomb posted:

We only got a digital option for 4 and Dead Souls last year. Before that it was hunt down a physical copy which could be hard for people in some places or buy off ebay and then Sega really gets none of the money.

I remember the deal K-Mart had where if you buy Yakuza 4 you get 3 at a super discount (or free? been a long time), but finding 3 was in the few stores they had was impossible. I had to end up e-mailing some corporate dude to get it.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i haven't seen them and i feel like i should at least watch them once before seeing the new one

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I really wanna get into Yakuza but apparently I need to play them all in order? Small wonder It's so niche.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

I really wanna get into Yakuza but apparently I need to play them all in order? Small wonder It's so niche.

You don't

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Solaris Knight posted:

Who said that? You can pick up any of them up. Most of them have like a recap of what happen in the other games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I sorta just stepped into Yakuza 3 and watched the whole recap and was like "Yeah, that was definitely some Yakuzaing." Then I played Yakuza 3 and fought the CIA Agent man and a dude named Daigo and thought "This game is really good."

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shindragon posted:

Who said that? You can pick up any of them up. Most of them have like a recap of what happen in the other games.

5 doesn't btw

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baal posted:

Yeah, I sorta just stepped into Yakuza 3 and watched the whole recap and was like "Yeah, that was definitely some Yakuzaing." Then I played Yakuza 3 and fought the CIA Agent man and a dude named Daigo and thought "This game is really good."

THE RUSE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hubris.height posted:

i haven't seen them and i feel like i should at least watch them once before seeing the new one

I feel like that is an overall poor life choice but if you feel you need to know, do it

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Anybody else playing EDF 4.1? Or am I the only one?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never really cared for EDF, tbh. Not that I think it's bad, but I get sort of burnt out of them very quickly.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TheRealestMatt posted:

enough people that its still easy to find games online

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Then I played Yakuza 3 and fought the CIA Agent man and a dude named Daigo

Do what Woolie couldn't.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I beat Daigo, I'm the realest Street Fighter

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

one day Daigo will stop disappointing me

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

lets hang out posted:

5 doesn't btw

You don't really need the others to get 5 tbh, but fortunately some internet schmucks recorded all of 4 which would get you all caught up anyway!

TheRealestMatt posted:

It had no chance of getting me vs Y5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Been meaning to get a copy, but hopefully soon.