Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I care moe about the fact that WWE is definitely ruining Team BAD, which wasn't good before except for Sasha anyway, than about potentially screwing up the really hot Roman segment that closed the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think she's Ric Flair's daughter

Yeah but his son was pretty terrible so something must have happened.

Maybe it was the nanny.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Whoa whoa whoa… we're done with our gimmick PPVs until Extreme Rules. We can't be having that each week

No.
elimination chamber
is back

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

but seriously where the gently caress is the Madden tournament finals

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i saw the gif of the hhh chair sell and it made me remember the go-home angle to mania 30 when hhh was bumping his rear end off while fleeing daniel bryan and i remembered that hhh is the greatest of all time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

epitasis posted:

i saw the gif of the hhh chair sell and it made me remember the go-home angle to mania 30 when hhh was bumping his rear end off while fleeing daniel bryan and i remembered that hhh is the greatest of all time

the king of kings

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
One time on old Tough Enough people were practicing bumps and doing these basic back bumps and Triple H showed up and just flopped on the ground like a million times in a row then was all "alright, well, see ya".

Edit: Apparently I remembered it wrong. I remembered him bumping a whole lot more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DWg8OHSo0 there it is Triple H just showed em all what it is.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 14, 2015

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone tell me how Charlotte suddenly got so good at the not wrestling parts of wrestling because she was on fire tonight

Charlotte has always been good unlike Becky who is not good

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

I don't know how you guys thought that was a halfway decent show. You all must have a real tolerance for mediocrity or something from watching Raw recently or something:

Rusev vs Ryback and ADR vs Sheamus were boring heatless matches.
Charlotte vs Paige LETS TALK ABOUT RIC FLAIR THE WHOLE MATCH DID YOU KNOW SHE'S CHARLOTTES FATHER THATS A THING THAT RIC DID DID YOU SEE ALSO HE WAS UNDERHANDED ALSO RIC FLAIR
The tables match was a boring slog and a joke topped off with a table not getting lit on fire. At least they did something different and had the Wyatts win for once.
The main event was a loving slog. Watching two men slowly go through the motions doing the same ladder match that they have done now for 20 years.

The opening ladder match was pretty good, and Owens vs Ambrose was alright. The rest of the show loving blew though.

maxallen fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 14, 2015

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I like Roman Reigns, dude who beats the poo poo out of people mercilessly with a weapon. He should continue that gimmick with Dean Ambrose, maybe pull in a third guy. A real bunch of loose cannons nobody can control, making their own rules. That's got legs.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Cabbit posted:

I like Roman Reigns, dude who beats the poo poo out of people mercilessly with a weapon. He should continue that gimmick with Dean Ambrose, maybe pull in a third guy. A real bunch of loose cannons nobody can control, making their own rules. That's got legs.

Braun Strowman would be great in this role, I agree.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Charlotte's added a bit of the edge in the last few weeks. She can be the new Seth Rollins.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone tell me how Charlotte suddenly got so good at the not wrestling parts of wrestling because she was on fire tonight

She's a natural heel.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

maxallen posted:

You all must have a real tolerance for mediocrity

wrestlingfans.txt

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

Braun Strowman would be great in this role, I agree.

Isn't there some skinny indy geek on injury right now that would be perfect for that role?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

lokipunk posted:

Isn't there some skinny indy geek on injury right now that would be perfect for that role?

Well Sami needs to finish his time in NXT up first, though.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Quote is not edit.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 14, 2015

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

nooneofconsequence posted:

but seriously where the gently caress is the Madden tournament finals

This is a very important question.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So was the Austin/HBK podcast thing crap? Nobody is talking about it, and since it was pretaped, I assume nothing special was said or they would have hyped the hell out of it in the promos

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Nah it's your typical Montreal Screwjob/Ric Flair retirement/D-Generation X/The Kliq talk that's been gone over a bunch.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

That spot Kalisto did tonight was so awesome it would be a crime to just fade him back into obscurity.

Doing a "Shelton"

DynamiteKidd posted:

I care moe about the fact that WWE is definitely ruining Team BAD, which wasn't good before except for Sasha anyway, than about potentially screwing up the really hot Roman segment that closed the show

I don't really think WWE is doing that to the extent you are saying a lot of the stuff they are doing now was stuff they did on Raw and Smackdown Fallout videos.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

maxallen posted:

I don't know how you guys thought that was a halfway decent show. You all must have a real tolerance for mediocrity or something from watching Raw recently or something:

Rusev vs Ryback and ADR vs Sheamus were boring heatless matches.
Charlotte vs Paige LETS TALK ABOUT RIC FLAIR THE WHOLE MATCH DID YOU KNOW SHE'S CHARLOTTES FATHER THATS A THING THAT RIC DID DID YOU SEE ALSO HE WAS UNDERHANDED ALSO RIC FLAIR
The tables match was a boring slog and a joke topped off with a table not getting lit on fire. At least they did something different and had the Wyatts win for once.
The main event was a loving slog. Watching two men slowly go through the motions doing the same ladder match that they have done now for 20 years.

The opening ladder match was pretty good, and Owens vs Ambrose was alright. The rest of the show loving blew though.

Lol we like to watch wrestling for fun and we had fun watching wrestling tonight! Maybe you feel like a sour puss for not having fun. It's cool to criticize and what not if you didn't like the PPV. The discussion about how we felt about each match is also fun but don't act like we're brain damaged for having fun watching it.

Like if the PPV was the drizzling shits like Survivor Series was then we would all say so. But this wasn't.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 14, 2015

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I bet Roman Reigns is really gonna show triple H who is boss by winning the Royal Rumble!

:cry:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman Reigns FTW. Knew he'd pull through. Over like rover.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Roman Reigns as punishment for killing HHH you'll have to fight for your job tonight

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Here's my comprehensive strategy to save Team B.A.D. from being ruined:
1) release Tamina
2) release Naomi
3) Sasha unifies the Women's/IC/US titles and declares herself the ENDBOSS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like the one time a year when Stephanie sells rather than saying "GET OUT OF MY RING" while people meekly obey

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Guys, WWE is awesome. Cause WWE is wrestling and wrestling is awesome.

It's awesome guys.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
By the way since some people still insist on saying I don't say anything bad about WWE ever, have a list of things I thought were :siren:BAD ABOUT THIS PPV:siren::

-That Sasha promo. Like seriously what?
-The Tables Match, though the booking was good.
-The Charlotte/Paige match because seriously booking a double turn here is loving beyond bizarre.
-I'm not wild about Ambrose not helping Roman because him not doing so makes no sense but in retrospect it makes sense for the blocking of the "scene", which is far more important.
-Mixed feelings about Ambrose winning the title though it's not technically on this list as I didn't hate it; if you're gonna have Dean win that finish is perfect and lordy did it ever pop the crowd.
-Ryback/Rusev was bad.
-Where was Barrett?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHf--e8wdhU
Look at Young Boy Tom spreading his legs to make himself shorter :lol:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bryan Alvarez says the WWE script has Paige as a heel and Charlotte as a babyface for the record.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHf--e8wdhU
Look at Young Boy Tom spreading his legs to make himself shorter :lol:

this is awesome

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Roman Reigns is still terrible. loving anyone can hit someone with a chair repeatedly

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm not sure where to put this but it's a pro click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq7E1F7PS04

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Selective rewatch thoughts:

-Did Ambrose have some family or something in town? As SOON as he won the title, he bolted out of the ring to hug and crowdsurf with some guys in the front row. Maybe he was just that hype. :3:
-The crowd was ABSOLUTELY ready for Roman to win the title after the Superman Punch through the table. They were absolutely going, to quote Pat Patterson, "banana".
-People bitch about HHH never getting comeuppance rightfully, but he legitimately sold Roman's beatdown like honest to goodness murder.
-Lawler seems to legitimately like Dean, in which case goddamn Jerry, teach that man to throw better punches, please.
-There were audible "Roman" chants before he even touched HHH.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
The Lucha Dragons were awesome in that ladder match and New Day were New Day and ruled and the usos were there i guess

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMdTIliEKhk

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Heard a great point elsewhere - Roman finally gets heated up and booked like he should not when he's going for the world title, but to build to a match with the only person in WWE that really matters, Triple H. Almost like someone's still up to his old tricks.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 14, 2015

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
http://youtu.be/eOayXuH7Gjo

Tamina with a pitch pipe could be a thing now maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Bryan Alvarez says the WWE script has Paige as a heel and Charlotte as a babyface for the record.

I think the segment with Becky last night most clearly revealed what they are going for - Ric Flair is a bad influence on his daughter. She's a face being encouraged to cheat by the biggest influence in her life and he's convinced her that it is just doing what it takes to win. It was just poorly executed because Charlotte didn't show any ambivalence about all the dirty tricks in the ring when the angle started.

• Locked thread