Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh drat, sorry yeah I even wrote that down. Apologies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

LordAba posted:

Good news: I'm pretty sure I have my stuff!

Bad news: I'm not sure who actually sent it in, unless I missed it in a note somewhere. Also, I currently do not have a camera.

Great news: Holy poo poo the Kings of War 2-player box AND the Deluxe Gamer's Edition. The War Store also threw in a Wargames Illustrated magazine, which is pretty good. Mostly historics, but they have some great painting articles.
Yeah, someone was WAY too generous on this one! Thanks very much!

Enjoy! The War Store doesn't do gift notes to go with (at least as far as I could tell), so no note. I hope you enjoy it!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
An update to my Santas, my local post office flooded during the week and hasn't been open for a few days, mail has been routed to another city in the interim so I'll try to swing by there and check to see if anything has arrived for me. Hopefully nothing got damaged.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Frozen_flame posted:

Gift has arrived! Thank you to Santa Frobbe (GW christmas cards are forgiven) for a BFZ gift box, among other neat additions.

At least you could read my scribbles. I knew that card would come in handy some day. Did the packaging give you any trouble? :v

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
You let me become a little kid again and rip apart the styrofoam. I'm extra thankful!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Missing gift receipt confirmation from:

NovaLion
Safety Factor
Gaghskull
Babylon Astrounaut

I was out of town for a few days, but I have the gift now. I will post pictures to show off my loot tomorrow.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
I got my gifts today, but I'm going to wait until Christmas to open them. Thanks, Bucnasti!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Cheer part 1 despatched. Cheer part 2 has been ordered and should be sent soon.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round cheer has been delivered, according to Amazon.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, so my shipper said the gift would be delivered between Tuesday and Thursday. Then it shipped with an ETA of Monday. Now I've got an email about a failed delivery! Very strange, but Santee, your gift is waiting for you!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hey Otisburg, just wanted to let you know that your gift was played last night and enjoyed by everyone!

Even though I lost; I know now that it's better to focus on getting Treasure or +cash cards early on.

I'm glad to hear it.

Yeah, knowing how long to spend building your engine of commerce before you start ramping up victory card acquisition is generally a challenge. Too early and your won't cycle and pay out right, too late and you're scrambling to catch up.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Present Received!

I found a Miniature Market box at my door, and since I actually go to Miniature Market when I shop there, I knew it had to be from a Santa (or some horrible mistake)!

Malifaux Monks gonna make some Kung-Fools!

And it was from my Santee, which I didn't think happened? So thanks Spincut!

One more Santa out there somewhere. Hmm... Actually, let's make that two.

Sign me up again for whatever bonus round we're on now!

Revised Gift Preferences:

The GameStop SWTOR Cartel Coin Code with Juvenile Tyrant Rancor. See here. Unfortunately, they are not selling this anymore (they stopped in late October, it appears), so you'd have to be pretty crafty to find it. Heck, it would be enough of a present to just tell me to whom I should throw money to get one.

I like wargames and board games and video games and gamey things. I also enjoy anime and nerdy sorts of things in general. I also like politics.
This is my kickstarter profile for ideas of what I have / like / etc.
That's pretty wonderfully non-specific. I enjoy GW and have caught the Mantic bug in a big way as well. I did grab a tiny bit of Malifaux, but I haven't really done much with it yet.
I would really love people to game with, but I don't think you can send those.

Here's some more ideas:
8th Edition Dwarfs, Wood Elves, Lizardmen WFB Army Books
The old Archaon model (not the really old one, but the one they just stopped selling). Metal is better but don't look a gift chaos steed in the mouth.
Commander Farsight
Horus Heresy Emperor's Children
Some thing(s) that combo well with Lady Justice
Ba'su'su
Gnaeus Sallustis
Anything else you thing that sounds nifty!

General Location:
Saint Louis, USA

Solemn Vow: I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell us all what I got and who sent it to me.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
One of my secret santas has delivered the goods! I've been wanting to try this for a long time but owning a game store means you don't have a lot of time to play games...funny that.

Whoever you are, mystery Santa, thanks a lot!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Frozen_flame posted:

You let me become a little kid again and rip apart the styrofoam. I'm extra thankful!

you forgot pics !

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
My Lightning Round 1 gift is reported as delivered a couple days ago, but I haven't seen it posted yet, so I'm getting a tiny bit worried...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This is the first day of my Santee's gift's potential arrival window! Here's hoping.

Note to self: never again buy a Secret Santa gift from somewhere that doesn't give a tracking number (and also doesn't ship anything like promptly). A mistake was made, but hopefully this'll still get there on time.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Shipper is now reporting that my gift has been delayed up 'til the 16th. Whose bright idea was it to have everyone mailing crap this time of the year? :colbert:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dr. Clockwork posted:

One of my secret santas has delivered the goods! I've been wanting to try this for a long time but owning a game store means you don't have a lot of time to play games...funny that.

Whoever you are, mystery Santa, thanks a lot!

Huh, there should've been a note with that. Oh well, merry Christmas regardless.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Kai Tave posted:

Huh, there should've been a note with that. Oh well, merry Christmas regardless.

There was a note, but no name on it! Thanks for the awesome game though :)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dr. Clockwork posted:

There was a note, but no name on it! Thanks for the awesome game though :)

You're very welcome. It's one of my favorites, and it falls into the category of "quick to learn, hard to master" which I thought was appropriate for someone who might not have a ton of free time to learn and/or teach new games they want to play. You can also step away from the game and come back to it without too much difficulty.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I got a package!

It passes inspection!

It's FATE and Dungeon World! I've only heard about these in passing but I'm excited to dive in and read them. I'm sure they'll go over well with my group too, thanks DigitalRaven! :3:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
My gift is away and will be arriving according to shipping by the 15th!

Thanks, Admiral Joeslop, for the copies of One Night Ultimate Werewolf and expansion! Haven't had a chance to crack into them yet due to health issues, but they're top of the list!

I do need to address the factual inaccuracy of your note, however. I do not request dongs, I merely bear the urge to send dongs a goon may or may not possess.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Mr. Maltose posted:

I do need to address the factual inaccuracy of your note, however. I do not request dongs, I merely bear the urge to send dongs a goon may or may not possess.

:lol: This is pretty funny!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr. Maltose posted:

My gift is away and will be arriving according to shipping by the 15th!

Thanks, Admiral Joeslop, for the copies of One Night Ultimate Werewolf and expansion! Haven't had a chance to crack into them yet due to health issues, but they're top of the list!

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED.

We'll try again next year with Hanukkah.

I recommend you play ONUW without the expansion first until everyone is comfortable with how it plays; the expansion cards can get complicated for new people. Also, download the companion app, it is 100x easier than trying to memorize the order of play and who does what.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I got a package!

It passes inspection!

It's FATE and Dungeon World! I've only heard about these in passing but I'm excited to dive in and read them. I'm sure they'll go over well with my group too, thanks DigitalRaven! :3:

You're welcome! You mentioned that your group was relatively new to tabletop RPGs, so I picked a couple of games I've had good experiences at playing with new players. DW especially is what people who have never played D&D think D&D is like.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
A quick update: I should be shipping the middle of this week as I had to wait for my FLGS to receive one specific item from the distributor.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A package was received! Sorry for the washed out phone pics.

Sadly, I have no catte for inspecting. This Imperial Shuttle will have to suffice.

Aha! Rebel traitors! (A Corellian Corvette for Star Wars Armada) And Coup!

Thank you very much, Santa! My copy of Coup got trashed at a pub so that's a very welcome addition! Merry Christmas.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A mailman appeared right when I was doing nothing at all! He brought this:

A present! Sadly I have neither pets no minis, and I am not fit for human viewing myself.

A note was included, leaving me slightly worried, because I do like my boards:

But a great game emerged! Thank you! I was secretly hoping it would be Dominion, because after some initial reluctance, I really like it, but I still need to convince the girlfriend. Hopefully she will be forced to like it now :D

Edit: I am literally floating around in happiness, and the rotation is to match my viewing angle :colbert:

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

A package was received! Sorry for the washed out phone pics.

Sadly, I have no catte for inspecting. This Imperial Shuttle will have to suffice.

Aha! Rebel traitors! (A Corellian Corvette for Star Wars Armada) And Coup!

Thank you very much, Santa! My copy of Coup got trashed at a pub so that's a very welcome addition! Merry Christmas.

Finally! I was worried you'd already have Coup (I guess I was half right) and I have no idea what Armada ships are the good ones, but that seemed cool.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Lichtenstein posted:

[edit] Actually, I'll vent about the second one. The gift has a component that required direct cooperation with someone in santee's country. The third party was really quite nice about what probably was a relatively weird request, and we agreed on everything nicely. The one problem is, the guy apparently only checks his mailbox once per week (somewhere around 4 PM on sundays), no matter how you push him.

This wasn't that much of a problem, as I could pester him about poo poo on the phone, but one thing I couldn't really do on the line is to ask him to dictate an account number, leading to the situation where literally my only trouble if for the guy to take my money for the poo poo we've already set up. I hoped to get it wrapped up last sunday, but alas some crucial info was missing and my reply is waiting this whole week, waiting for the sunday to get received.

Just want to say, this should be sorted out already, unless the santee happens to be quicker than a money transfer.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My other issue has been resolved, so I'm free to jump in for the current Lightning Round

NTRabbit posted:

Gift preferences:
I'm a cool guy who likes cool things, so I'm mostly up for whatever. I play videogames, I try to play boardgames and wargames. I have minis and rules for lots of different games, because different games are fun! Do you know of a fun game not on my list? Maybe I could be into it too! Where possible I've also stuck my various rulebook ownership on the BGG list, and there are things like Malifaux and Dystopian Wars where I have a bunch of minis, but no rules (or anything else you need to start playing Malifaux). Thanks to the Something Awful Oath Thread I'm also pretty set for paint brushes.

Anime is cool too, as long as it's not... weird. I like to read many books, and I'm also fine with alcohol and dongs.

You can also be creative! Or if you're a strange foreigner from a strange foreign land, surprise me with something from your culture! I'd prefer something physical, but I'm on Steam if digital delivery is the only viable option.

This is my boardgame collection and brief wishlist, which is more reflective of games recommended in the TG board game and KS threads than a particular interest in any one theme, style or type.

This is a database I keep of all the minis and terrain I have, except for Bones 2 which I really just pull out of a giant box at random.

This is me on Steam

Don't send me:
I don't really have a group for RPG stuff, so i'd probably not get much use out of anything in that area, already having a complete FATE Core pledge sitting sadly on my shelf. I also don't need any more dice, unless they're super rad.
Thanks to Bones 2, I probably have all the random mooks and heroes and dragons for Frostgrave, et al, that I'll ever need, so I don't need things like that.
CCGs, not really my thing

General location: The land of unspeakable horrors :australia:, in the outpost of Adelaide.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
A gift has been received! It actually arrived last week already, but I was out of town and didn't have a chance to pick it up from the post office until today. It is very nicely gift wrapped, so I'm going to wait until Christmas before opening it. I'll post pictures then.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Glad it arrived! Just for the record, since there's a lot of bubblewrap-style crap in the box, there should be a total of three packages and an envelope to fish out.

Also, the green one has a warning sign for a reason. Open at your own risk!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lichtenstein posted:

Also, the green one has a warning sign for a reason. Open at your own risk!

Someone sent a dong.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
My box has been jettisoned. Hope it lands somewhere safe.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

As a heads-up for people doing bonus rounds: the annual Epimas bundles are starting up again.

The way it works is that when you buy one of the bundles of indie games, you can send a copy of the same bundle to another person to be delivered on the 24th.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
What's this?!
Why it's a package from Amazon (that apparently my phone blurred the poo poo out of lol)

No inspector from me either, but a nice note:

(I checked the delivery note and couldn't wait to open them as I'm probably using them on Wednesday evening...

It's some Imperial Aces. Thanks goon santa YF19pilot.

Part one of my Cheer is listed as having been signed for by a goon's concierge (fancy) so should be picked up this evening. If part 2 hasn't been dispatched by close of play tomorrow I will ring them and chase.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
GODDAMNIT this stupid company has meesed me round again. AGH. I'm just gonna ship what I have and send out the other thing as/when it turns up :sassargh:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

If I understand things right, the other gift might hit santee's door as soon as tomorrow. Stay vigilant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi everyone!

I'm caught up with emails and posts.

Hey, guess what: Christmas is Next Week! Aaaah! I haven't done any of my real-life xmas shopping yet! Oh no!

As for the rest of you... as usual, the large majority have been prompt and excellent! However, a few of you are tardy and slow. I am going to list your names. Don't worry, you're not actually in trouble; today is the 14th and you have until christmas eve to get a present delivered to your Santee. But it's time for folks who are lagging a little to reassure me that they're working on it, because in six years of experience doing TGSS, the rare Grinch is always drawn from among the goons who just disappear and stop communicating. So I like to kind of nudge folks sooner rather than later.

The following goons have not A) posted that they sent something, or B) posted that they're working on sending something, or C) had their Santee post that they received something. Or possibly they did, and I missed it! If you're on this list but think you shouldn't be, just let me know, I do make clerical errors from time to time.

DeadGame
EatinCake
MySwan
Niemat
Rhjamiz
TheSoundNinja
WereJace

Lightning Bonus Round 1:
Babylon Astronaut

Lightning Bonus Round 2:
Niemat

Lightning Bonus Round 3:
Loxbourne (? possibly has done things, I got confused about santees and rounds, and you've posted about main round stuff)
WereJace

The following goons are marked as "Delivered", meaning that your Santee has told me your gift was marked delivered by tracking, but you have not confirmed receipt in this thread or by email. That's rude, come on, post!
NovaLion
Babylon Astronaut

Again, nobody here is in trouble, I'm just keeping on top of things and giving you all a heads-up because time is running low!

• Locked thread