Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BillmasterCozb posted:

this game would be good if they fired half the art team (tiy for example) and hired a single new programmer.

Funnily enough they seem to have stopped developing the pirate game, dumped all the people into starbound and fired one of the programmers (OmnipotentEntity). Guy isn't even listed as a former developer even (though he still shows up on the listing on the Chucklefish website).

Also they added two more programmers but both their listings for background say they joined through their mod making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah well according to your red text you are nothing

get owned, nerd

Supernorn is okay his drive-by posting is kind of dumb but he doesn't seem to mind people making fun of him anymore which is nice

Magmarashi is also cool now that he's stopped popping in just to complain about people who complain about starbound

It got boring and I'm just no good at shitposting

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I wouldn't keep following if I didn't have hope things would improve. :unsmith:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Babe Magnet posted:

it's more like a tower defense.

God loving damnit, i suspected as much but i didnt want it to be that. brb, killing myself.

Slime posted:

yeah well according to your red text you like women who turn into toilets so you're probably biased on the matter of poo

Red text came up from someone telling a shitposter to take his complaints over to the gamedev thread, nothing happened from it so i shitposted in his stead.

apparently they didnt know the legend of our old moderator, AxeManiac?

Rrussom fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 14, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Party Plane Jones posted:

and fired one of the programmers (OmnipotentEntity). Guy isn't even listed as a former developer even (though he still shows up on the listing on the Chucklefish website).
waaat

thats the dude that got me a free copy of starbound

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well now we know why he was fired

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Babe Magnet posted:

I don't think that's actually terraria 2, just another terraria game. From what I heard it's got a different gameplay focus, it's more like a tower defense.

also i remember the art looking like poo poo from the trailer. i think. anyways, yeah, it looks bad.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, apparently this "Clef - Things To Do In Starbound" mod linked a few pages ago is the reason I can't find titanium, it changes the distribution so it spawns everywhere and yet I've found it nowhere. Any tips from anyone actually playing this kusoge?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, apparently this "Clef - Things To Do In Starbound" mod linked a few pages ago is the reason I can't find titanium, it changes the distribution so it spawns everywhere and yet I've found it nowhere. Any tips from anyone actually playing this kusoge?

Yes, i got a good one, but i'll spoil it for those who want to discover it themselves

delete starbound

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DACK FAYDEN posted:

In vanilla it spawns mostly in eccentric star systems, so check there. Probably on Mostly Harmless or higher difficulty planets. Moderate planets have it for sure, but as usual you get your rear end kicked repeatedly until you find enough to craft the next tier of armor, then move on up and get your rear end kicked repeatedly again.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Rrussom posted:

God loving damnit, i suspected as much but i didnt want it to be that. brb, killing myself.

Terraria 2 is still coming, though.This game is unrelated.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

It got boring and I'm just no good at shitposting

you're getting better!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Funnily enough they seem to have stopped developing the pirate game, dumped all the people into starbound and fired one of the programmers (OmnipotentEntity). Guy isn't even listed as a former developer even (though he still shows up on the listing on the Chucklefish website).

isn't this the guy who couldn't move to europe because he didn't want to move his wife and kids or something? if so it's less that he got fired and more like it was a mutual "smell ya' later, nerd"

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

isn't this the guy who couldn't move to europe because he didn't want to move his wife and kids or something? if so it's less that he got fired and more like it was a mutual "smell ya' later, nerd"

That was Bartwe

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh, well, carry on then

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
I'm not sad about the dumb haskell-coded Pirate Game. I particularly lost interest when they showed all the different art-style mock-ups with an announcement that they were going with the "bog standard indie game" style of pixelated stick-legs.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint

LordZoric posted:

I'm not sad about the dumb haskell-coded Pirate Game. I particularly lost interest when they showed all the different art-style mock-ups with an announcement that they were going with the "bog standard indie game" style of pixelated stick-legs.

Why would you program a video game in Haskell of all things? :psyduck:

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the avatar you gave me so long ago I was definitely wrong about this one and I admit it now.

lol

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SovietPotatoe posted:

Well for starters it was the only reason anyone gave a poo poo about it in this thread lmao

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ahundredbux posted:

Well for starters it was the only reason anyone gave a poo poo about it in this thread lmao

The job posting for it was pretty illuminating considering it basically said you're not getting paid anything until the game ships.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

SovietPotatoe posted:

IIRC the programmer was doing it as a "personal challenge."

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Hedgewars, an open-source Worms clone, is written in Pascal with the multiplayer server written in Haskell. It's my favorite example of people doing terrible things.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

SlyFrog posted:

I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the avatar you gave me so long ago I was definitely wrong about this one and I admit it now.

lol

I got mine for a different reason but I still wasn't wrong so same lmao

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

LordZoric posted:

IIRC the programmer was doing it as a "personal challenge."

Truly a great idea for commercial releases, much like all of starbound

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Nalin posted:

Hedgewars, an open-source Worms clone, is written in Pascal with the multiplayer server written in Haskell. It's my favorite example of people doing terrible things.

Purely coincidental but guess who was also involved in making that!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Rhopunzel posted:

Purely coincidental but guess who was also involved in making that!

..Fragmaster?

Babe Magnet posted:

I got mine for a different reason but I still wasn't wrong so same lmao
Ah yes, the "I really loving hate anime poo"-gate

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rrussom posted:

Ah yes, the "I really loving hate anime poo"-gate

One of the early episodes in the thread's hallowed tale. Even before the "Hey, I bet we can make puns with Starbound as the theme" era of enlightenment.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Dandywalken posted:

One of the early episodes in the thread's hallowed tale. Even before the "Hey, I bet we can make puns with Starbound as the theme" era of enlightenment.

Was this before or after the cumgun saga?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Precum, if I remember right. Not sure though, its been many many moons you see.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

remember when people cared about that horse a.i. for some reason

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Rhopunzel posted:

it was Very far after, like during the great update drought of '15

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

remember when people cared about that horse a.i. for some reason
Burka Horse will always be a favorite for me

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rrussom posted:

Burka Horse will always be a favorite for me

Lmao gently caress yes, it was amazing. Horse tits can get outta here, we're goin' Halal.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Xcom gets snake-tits, a much better game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, poo poo, guys... looks like maybe we're the problem:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"They took out the fun stuff, plus the desirable weapons, then they removed an entire class of enemies because they couldn't figure out how to balance them, and also starter progression is so unintuitive I stumbled around for an hour unable to make a pick, but if I keep saying it's awesome that won't matter."

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

"They took out the fun stuff, plus the desirable weapons, then they removed an entire class of enemies because they couldn't figure out how to balance them, and also starter progression is so unintuitive I stumbled around for an hour unable to make a pick, but if I keep saying it's awesome that won't matter."

Dark Souls!

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

Cumguns, birdtits, horsetits, dirt colors. The Starbound threads really had it all.

Magmarashi posted:

Dark Souls!

Always a classic.

LordZoric fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 14, 2015

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Magmarashi posted:

Dark Souls!

Yeah but Dark Souls is fun and good. I tried playing the latest stable with a few friends and all but one of us burned out after about 30 minutes. The intro is so tedious I can't even bring myself to see all the additions they've made since I last played.

I used to think this game would be good :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rhopunzel posted:

It was after but not too long after. It definitely wasn't '15, I've had this avatar for like two years now (I don't care enough about avatars to change it lol)

I got it because goons were getting really into posting about poop and making pee monsters and pee dungeons and then they started talking about how the ocean was scary, so I made post making fun of them and someone got mad and reported me and I got probied for it I think? and then came back with this lol

e: just checked, spt 8th, a little over two years. time flies when you're having fun (playing other games)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

also I made Burkahorse

quick aside I also made the "troll slaiyers" gang tag, but I got out of the Tales Gets Trolled thread real early when people started getting weird about the creator himself

e: also the forums are back up

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

3d printing system being done away with in favor of inspection giving you recipes for the things that you inspect! Are they learning? Let's wait and find out.

• Locked thread