Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah, South Park is so awesome

is what I thought when I was 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hey guys ... ok guys, listen ... maybe, heh, maybe ... are you ready? ... maybe both sides are wrong. :smug:

-South Park

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Stop talking about South Park and look at this poo poo:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Moon Slayer posted:

Hey guys ... ok guys, listen ... maybe, heh, maybe ... are you ready? ... maybe both sides are wrong. :smug:

-South Park

this is a new joke

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Darth Vader is Luke's father

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Han shot first.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

lukes & leia benis in vagina :::: XDDDDDDDDDD they fug

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

theflyingorc posted:

this is a new joke

Yeah, Simpsons already did it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Making it Rain posted:

that's why it's so awesome, makes the special snow flakes flip there poo poo.
People hate on SouthPark so much, if they don't like it or it upset's there little snowflake hearts so much why do they continue watching/tuning into the show when it's on... :shrug:

They don't. They're sick of mental 8th graders tuning their political compass to what are essentially the momentary whims of its writers/creators and quoting/using those episodes as a basis for actual discourse. They're wide enough a fanbase to create an echo chamber of reinforcement and articulate people are more than willing to fluff up any thesis made by a comedy show as populist political science instead of the 22-minute political cartoon it is (but that won't stop them from going "it's just a cartoon :smug:" the instant someone has a cogent argument against it).

It's also a well-constructed show capable of forming an internal consistency within one of its own episodes, so it's hard to argue without getting into Serious Education Mode which (surprise surprise) most middlebrows on the internet aren't prepared to do at the drop of a hat and even fewer South Park fans are willing to listen to without a running gag of Cartman making GBS threads in Timmy's mouth or Current Events Analogy to buffer everything.

And incidentally it's :ironicat: as gently caress that the running gag this past season has been about the largely manufactured SJW/PC culture--a culture lamented by political moderates and conservatives so long that jokes about being "too PC" were old when I was a boy in 1993--and its fans are usually the first to get offended by pushback when someone else gets offended by a joke they made. "I'm so offended that people are offended and actually taking action against what I have to say. I have rights and deserve a safe space dammit." :ironicat:

gently caress anyone who uses South Park in any actual discourse. It's a cute show with good episodes, but so is the Golden Age of SImpsons episodes yet you don't see me using their ontology in "Bart Sells His Soul" as part of an argument for euthanasia.

Memes:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

They don't. They're sick of mental 8th graders tuning their political compass to what are essentially the momentary whims of its writers/creators and quoting/using those episodes as a basis for actual discourse. They're wide enough a fanbase to create an echo chamber of reinforcement and articulate people are more than willing to fluff up any thesis made by a comedy show as populist political science instead of the 22-minute political cartoon it is (but that won't stop them from going "it's just a cartoon :smug:" the instant someone has a cogent argument against it).

It's also a well-constructed show capable of forming an internal consistency within one of its own episodes, so it's hard to argue without getting into Serious Education Mode which (surprise surprise) most middlebrows on the internet aren't prepared to do at the drop of a hat and even fewer South Park fans are willing to listen to without a running gag of Cartman making GBS threads in Timmy's mouth or Current Events Analogy to buffer everything.

And incidentally it's :ironicat: as gently caress that the running gag this past season has been about the largely manufactured SJW/PC culture--a culture lamented by political moderates and conservatives so long that jokes about being "too PC" were old when I was a boy in 1993--and its fans are usually the first to get offended by pushback when someone else gets offended by a joke they made. "I'm so offended that people are offended and actually taking action against what I have to say. I have rights and deserve a safe space dammit." :ironicat:

gently caress anyone who uses South Park in any actual discourse. It's a cute show with good episodes, but so is the Golden Age of SImpsons episodes yet you don't see me using their ontology in "Bart Sells His Soul" as part of an argument for euthanasia.

Memes:

lol looks like someone got triggered

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

lukes & leia benis in vagina :::: XDDDDDDDDDD they fug

DID SOMEONE SAY BENIS :DDDDDDDD

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:-DDDDDD DDD

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

mind the walrus posted:

Memes:

Settle down, beavis

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
If only all unusually emotional internet rants about popular media could end in "Memes:"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

NotAnArtist posted:

Settle down, benis

:-DDDDDDD

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Memes:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Memes:

This is a good post but I'm legally obligated to make fun of you for posting more than one paragraph in the meme thread

UnNethertrash
Jun 14, 2007
The Trashman Cometh

EXAKT Science posted:

I mean they're not wrong about the cartoon being transphobic.

You can dislike Caitlin Jenner and not be transphobic. South Park is historically transphiliac, since when Mr. Garrison became Ms. Garrison the episode was clearly in favor of his change. He was a hosed up weirdo, but that had nothing to do with being trans.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

... you don't see me using their ontology in "Bart Sells His Soul" as part of an argument for euthanasia.

I'm using your post as part of an argument for euthanasia.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
South Park is almost 20 years old.

Pudding Space posted:

:drat:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

UnNethertrash posted:

You can dislike Caitlin Jenner and not be transphobic. South Park is historically transphiliac, since when Mr. Garrison became Ms. Garrison the episode was clearly in favor of his change. He was a hosed up weirdo, but that had nothing to do with being trans.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pudding Space posted:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bruce Jenner

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
mind the walrus, please self censor yourself anytime you find you need paragraph breaks in a post, because any post of length you've ever made has been insanely bad

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

mind the walrus, please self censor yourself anytime you find you need paragraph breaks in a post, because any post of length you've ever made has been insanely bad

When do you plan on making a good post?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

UnNethertrash posted:

Yes, they were so in favor of it the moral episode was "transitioning won't actually change who you are, it'll just make you a mangled freak". My, how supportive.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Yes, they were so in favor of it the moral episode was "transitioning won't actually change who you are, it'll just make you a mangled freak". My, how supportive.

Well..

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

PCOS Bill posted:

When do you plan on making a good post?

some day i hope to

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Hell yes I can get behind this meme. Philosophy and barely clothed women. Yes please!

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Also lol @ people getting mad at south park in the meme thread.

"Hmm yes this is a good audience for my latest paper in gender studies."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
South Park is gay poo poo for fags. Shut up.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

South Park is gay poo poo for fags. Shut up.

No YOURE a turd sandwich!!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

Memes:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
south park went to poo poo when they realized Hulu and comedycentral.com doesn't censor anything, pushing the envelope until the aired version gets half it's dialog bleeped and the online version is lazily crass.

that's my hot take as an ever-important poster in the meme thread #real #unironic #dickbuttlossbeath

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Nap Ghost

AAAHHH!
XDDDDDDDDD

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I swear I've lost count of the times that "hurf durf South Park" has been used as some sort of shamanistic ward against anyone displaying what might be seen to be a centrist stance on any issue on this forum, yet when I try to work out the ratio of the amount of text spent in a pearl-clutching frenzy over the epidemic of people basing their political beliefs on a cartoon where kids say dumb things versus the amount of text actually spent doing so, I get a loving divide by zero error.

"South park is what's wrong with political discourse today" is in itself a meme so lovely that I'm going to go stand in front of a mirror chanting "Korgan, Korgan, Korgan" because the worst of what he posts is infinitely preferable.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Alright Jack, sitting on the fence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Csg0XCGIk

• Locked thread