Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Probably took less time grinding for Ares 90 than it took finally figuring out how to recruit Mia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm level 47 with full party of heavy skells, is there a good spot with level 55-60 stuff my skells can handle for grinding levels?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it possible to mess up a heart to heart and end up locking yourself out of something? The game is in general very forgiving so I hope not, but I am still worried about that before I start doing them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

katkillad2 posted:

I'm level 47 with full party of heavy skells, is there a good spot with level 55-60 stuff my skells can handle for grinding levels?

O'rrh Sim Gate in Cauldros. Fly up from the landmark warp, there's a few Talon Galdrs. Target their arms and hit one with a Scythe from behind, it'll decimate its low pool of HP. Stack on some Mechanoid DMG up to help out if you need it.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dastardly posted:

Probably took less time grinding for Ares 90 than it took finally figuring out how to recruit Mia.

Just got done doing this. gently caress Mia.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Wait this this what this whole ridiculous questline is leading up to? I've been running into her completely at random so far and i wondered what the gently caress the point was of actually helping out out in every area.

I need to know where she shows up in every area now because i think she's great and i would love having her in my party :allears:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 14, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mia is a blight on humanity and should be annihilated

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bloodychill posted:

On the flip side, that quest where you race that one lady up the mountain in Primordia and she meets the Ma-non is totally :3: and ranks amongst my favorites.

I just finished the inter-species prone marriage and I thought it was really cute. In fact, most of the friendly prone quests are pretty good.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Well this is silly. Are there any other ridiculous enemy scennarios like this?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AnotherGamer posted:

Well this is silly. Are there any other ridiculous enemy scennarios like this?

There's a boar thing ramming a car in primordia.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This quest was about ice-cream cakes! ICE-CREAM CAKES! How could it possibly go this goddamn wrong!? What the gently caress XCX, just what the gently caress.

By the way, what's the fourth Nopon caravan for that one quest for the Nopon elder? I know the one in Noctilum, the one in Oblivia and the one in Cauldros. I don't think there's one in Primordia. I found what SEEMED like a Nopon Caravan in Sylvalum but no one wanted to do poo poo besides give me more sidequests. Is there another one somewhere?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

This quest was about ice-cream cakes! ICE-CREAM CAKES! How could it possibly go this goddamn wrong!? What the gently caress XCX, just what the gently caress.

By the way, what's the fourth Nopon caravan for that one quest for the Nopon elder? I know the one in Noctilum, the one in Oblivia and the one in Cauldros. I don't think there's one in Primordia. I found what SEEMED like a Nopon Caravan in Sylvalum but no one wanted to do poo poo besides give me more sidequests. Is there another one somewhere?

There's one in Sylvalum. If it's on the SE side of the Sylvalum that's the one.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Infinity Gaia posted:

You have to go there during the day. Also where is this legendary icecream quest? I've only met space racists so far where the quests have gone horribly wrong.

Snidhog
Dec 31, 2007
Can you upgrade a skell frame to a higher level version? I got my first one right before I hit 30.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I am not at all pleased with how assembling a party works in this game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I really like all the hidden islands of gently caress you 70-90 monsters residing around the coasts. It's nice scenery when you're trying to find rare items and just coasting on your giant robot, particularly with Syvlium's music.

Also I kind of feel bad being this high level dude that may have ruined someone's online thing by just immediately trashing the monster and yet have no idea how to emote/brag about it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where the gently caress are the probe points on the floating platforms in cauldros?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
please change the thread title to : xenoblade chronicles - i lament that i did not know whether to cut the blue or the red wire

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Who do I talk to to be able to start using augments?

And if I don't give a gently caress about affinity missions or heart-to-hearts besides what I need to progress, can I skip it? Is there a guide telling me what skills I get from which quests so I can pick and choose?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dishwasher posted:

Who do I talk to to be able to start using augments?

And if I don't give a gently caress about affinity missions or heart-to-hearts besides what I need to progress, can I skip it? Is there a guide telling me what skills I get from which quests so I can pick and choose?
Google spreadsheet in the op lists what quests give what ability. But you're honestly robbing yourself because there hasn't been a story mission as good as the shittiest affinity mission.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where the gently caress are the probe points on the floating platforms in cauldros?
I remember Cauldros being fairly straightforward except one in an alcove on the island in the SE. There's one in one of the satellite buildings of a floating building if that's giving you issues.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of funny how after Tatsu is recruited and everyone is curious about what the hell he is, I found this other totally random Nopon outside BLADE, some kid NOPON thing with a lollipop in its earflap hand next to a human. Neither of them talk or have any dialogue boxes pop up, though.

reminds me of the multiple-step quest in Xenoblade where you have to run all around the town trying to make friends for this little Nopon guy. I miss Nopons that aren't Tatsu.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I really like the character interactions post-battle. Like Yelv scaring the poo poo out of Celica every time he starts shouting or Frye and Alexa calling each other out on their single-mindedness. It's a huge amount of it though, I wonder if it will ever be compiled into a youtube video.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

How the hell do you get that probe in the NE of Oblivia?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Dastardly posted:

I really like the character interactions post-battle. Like Yelv scaring the poo poo out of Celica every time he starts shouting or Frye and Alexa calling each other out on their single-mindedness. It's a huge amount of it though, I wonder if it will ever be compiled into a youtube video.

sometimes the pc even gets in on it. there's a great one with male rebel and phog.

"dinner is served. :smug:"

"man, i'm starving. :("

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder if it differs per voices
Like, the male warrior voice has an interaction with Alexa, reciting something poetic (but violent, so still in line with the voice's personality) and Alexa is all oooh that's good I gotta write that down.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^^ Lao, Yelv an Elsa also react to that voiceclip.

Dastardly posted:

"How about a beer after this, Mr Secretary?"
"Beer? I was hoping we're doing shots."

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 14, 2015

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm so used to just having Elma and Lin in my party 24/7 thanks to story mission requirements that I rarely hear other interactions. But I'm so glad they exist and once I hit 50 and get the MC a better skell I'm going to run around with 3 randos in my party powelevelling and grinding affinities. Do you only get affinity ups when you answer their soul voices in combat? Because if I'm just grinding with a skell there really isn't any time to hear soul voices since I'm 1/2 shotting indigens.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm so used to just having Elma and Lin in my party 24/7 thanks to story mission requirements that I rarely hear other interactions. But I'm so glad they exist and once I hit 50 and get the MC a better skell I'm going to run around with 3 randos in my party powelevelling and grinding affinities. Do you only get affinity ups when you answer their soul voices in combat? Because if I'm just grinding with a skell there really isn't any time to hear soul voices since I'm 1/2 shotting indigens.

Soul voices, completing missions, and dialogue choices.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I tend to switch around my third based on how I feel, but yeah, usually it's Alexia(Cross), Elma, Lin, ???.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Where and when is the mission "Haywire!"?
I want to do Murderess's affinity quest but I can't find that mission.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Senerio posted:

I tend to switch around my third based on how I feel, but yeah, usually it's Alexia(Cross), Elma, Lin, ???.

fff, so I should be purposefully drawing out combat to respond to soul voices, then, huh?

Edit: Switching characters out to quick finish missions from the board is way too time consuming since I hate having to hunt down each person to add to my team. Why can't we have a list :argh:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

horriblePencilist posted:

Have you been following the water treatment plant chain? If you've done the bit with the orphe making robots to protect it, Haywire is available at the Biahno treatment plant.

If you haven't been keeping up with the treatment plant quests or the orphe, you've got your work cut out for you.

Fhqwhgads posted:

fff, so I should be purposefully drawing out combat to respond to soul voices, then, huh?

Edit: Switching characters out to quick finish missions from the board is way too time consuming since I hate having to hunt down each person to add to my team. Why can't we have a list :argh:
If you have a murder machine, grab bounties from the quest board and you can get tons of affinity just finishing those quests.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
At least they're all reasonably easy to get to. My two go-to thirds are generally Alexa and Murderess, both of whom have a landmark right by them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Whose stupid rear end idea ta Monolith was it to have your benched party not level up? What the hell JRPG year is this? It's okay if we have like 5 playable characters but there are what, 17, 18 in this game?

Outside that, I'm glad in this game affinity/heart to heart icons lead to actual quests. I haven't even began chapter 4 and have already completed three of them. I'm still racking my brain to understand how this one studio built such a huge loving game and didn't end up with it coming off as a buggy mess.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Louisgod posted:

Whose stupid rear end idea ta Monolith was it to have your benched party not level up? What the hell JRPG year is this? It's okay if we have like 5 playable characters but there are what, 17, 18 in this game?

Outside that, I'm glad in this game affinity/heart to heart icons lead to actual quests. I haven't even began chapter 4 and have already completed three of them. I'm still racking my brain to understand how this one studio built such a huge loving game and didn't end up with it coming off as a buggy mess.

Apparently it's stupidly easy to make exp up augments, and they stack.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

horriblePencilist posted:

you have to do the orphean quests up to the point where they install robot security outside the biahno purification plant, then talk to rosie outside the plant.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Calaveron posted:

Apparently it's stupidly easy to make exp up augments, and they stack.
They're arguably not necessary with the level based experience scaling once you trick out a level 30 skell. You can kill like whole fields of small high level poo poo, or one really big high level something, and end up with like multiple level gains up to and through the 40s.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I dressed everyone but the MC in the standard BLADE outfits which provide at least 50% Exp up (scales with level of gear). Once you get a level 30 Skell you can easily grind out level 50 mobs to get party members to level 30 or above in about 5 minutes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Good to know about the easy way to level up team members, I'll have to remember to mow down innocent species with my giant space robot once the second mortgage on my three story house that overlooks the industrial district goes through, or once my probes pillage all the resources from this stupid planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We have to learn to co-exist though.

• Locked thread