Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
e: wrong thread

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)

Pope Guilty posted:

so ssssssseeeeerrrrrrrriously what is up with every dude who is socially conservative and believes in Private Property Uber Alles, Uber Alles Private Property thinking they've invented some kind of new idea?

Pope Guilty posted:

Like, how can you move in these circles and think you're doing anything original or unique? You say there should be a tiny class of all-powerful property owners who everybody else must obey and bow down to? Goodness, what startling originality of thought!

It's like cryptocurrencies, if you buy in late you have no chance to become part of the upcoming aristocracy so you're better off starting your own thing where you can be ultralord from day 1 instead

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)

GunnerJ posted:

Anarchism seems to literally mean capitalism for some people.

This is because people are so brainwashed by bourgeois ideology that they believe private property and markets are universal and eternal physical laws of the universe akin to gravity, rather than something which requires a state to enforce

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bob le Moche posted:

It's like cryptocurrencies, if you buy in late you have no chance to become part of the upcoming aristocracy so you're better off starting your own thing where you can be ultralord from day 1 instead

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
A lot of this seems to come out of this idea that white nerds should feel comfortable wherever they are regardless of their own actions.

So, if that white nerd moving into the ghetto feels uncomfortable with the culture around him it must be that cultures fault. If he gets accosted then it's an indictment of the entire community for making him feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Worse, most of these guys don't actually live in a culturally diverse area. But, they feel uncomfortable with the idea that they would, hypothetically, be out of place in these communities. That's enough for them to go nuts with race realism.

Then it's just a few short egotistical steps to believing that white nerds as leaders could fix that discomfort and, hey, that worked pretty well pre enlightenment in Europe according to high school history class which I got an A in. Boom, you have a dark enlightenment true believer.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anarcho=I get to do what I want. Monarchy=you guys also get to do what I want.

I am 9 and this makes perfect sense.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Cingulate posted:

I am 9 and this makes perfect sense.

Well good news! At your age, there's no end of things libertarians/an-*s think you should be able to consent to that the mean ol' state just won't let you!

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well good news! At your age, there's no end of things libertarians/an-*s think you should be able to consent to that the mean ol' state just won't let you!

Just sign here

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Libertarianism is the political belief that all of your accomplishments are due only to you and that all of your failures are due only to other people.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Just sign here

Actually your parents already signed.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

uh I think you'll find the word is ephebotarian

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

divabot posted:

uh I think you'll find the word is ephebotarian

:golfclap:
Not the first time I've heard this joke but it's still as funny as it was the first time.

SedanChair posted:

Actually your parents already signed.

Was it Rothbard that got around that particular problem by pointing out children were entirely free to try to escape and, if they somehow did, they were not bound by any contractual obligations their parents incurred, or was it HHH or some other maniac?

Regardless, I'd expect any of the dork enlightenment crowd to just respond with Immortan Joe's line about the sanctity of property.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Libertarianism is the political belief that all of your accomplishments are due only to you and that all of your failures are due only to other people.

I like this one.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I mean like, I live in New York and don't have money so I've lived in some lovely neighborhoods. I'm pretty sure that at this very moment I'm sitting in the poorest congressional district in the United States. I've never been mugged and I can think of exactly two times in the last seven years since I moved here that I've felt even remotely threatened which probably happens that many times in that span to everyone regardless of where they lived. What neighborhood are these people living in that's so frightening? I don't get it.

Edit: not currently in the poorest district, but I did used to live there for years.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ogmius815 posted:

I mean like, I live in New York and don't have money so I've lived in some lovely neighborhoods. I'm pretty sure that at this very moment I'm sitting in the poorest congressional district in the United States. I've never been mugged and I can think of exactly two times in the last seven years since I moved here that I've felt even remotely threatened which probably happens that many times in that span to everyone regardless of where they lived. What neighborhood are these people living in that's so frightening? I don't get it.

Edit: not currently in the poorest district, but I did used to live there for years.

Is that the Jewish one, or were they just one of the poorest cities in New York?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

computer parts posted:

Is that the Jewish one, or were they just one of the poorest cities in New York?

It's the south Bronx dude.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ogmius815 posted:

It's the south Bronx dude.

Okay, I was thinking of this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/nyregion/kiryas-joel-a-village-with-the-numbers-not-the-image-of-the-poorest-place.html

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Ogmius815 posted:

Are you white looking?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

afeelgoodpoop posted:

Are you white looking?

Oh yeah.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

They're subconscously terrified of minorities due to racism, so every time they see a black person walking down the street they see a potential mugger or potential gang member or something. What actually happens isn't really important, because deep down inside they've formed a mental association that "black skin" means "scary" or "threatening" or "criminal". That's why unarmed black teens end up getting shot in " self-defense" all the time - the shooters are typically really scared for their lives, but the reason they're scared is because they hold a stereotype of black people as scary and violent, so they're on a hair trigger around minorities and panic at the slightest sudden movement.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Crowsbeak posted:

Its the existence of her and Moldbug that make me want to bring out gulags. So that whiny pampered middle class white drama queens are no longer part of the equationa problem.

Also Magic you are obviously a troll. Carlyle is mentioned alot outside the DE. Neitchze mentioned him, also if you read about the French revolution you will likely see him mentioned. Nice try though. You are better then MIGF.

Dead Kennedys taught from a young age how no to be those people with Holiday in Cambodia :eng101:

Also, being better than MIGF is not really setting the bar that high, is it?

E: Also, gently caress "anarcho-monarchism". Like anarcho-capitalism, it is an impossible linguistic construct, as you cannot put "anarcho-" in front of something legitimizing state power.

Tias fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 15, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Can we talk about MagicMasochist's tumblr some more because uh

quote:

Today, April 20, 2015, commemorates 16 years of one of the worst massacres student in the history of the United States. The Slaughter of the Columbine High School. They just needed someone to listen to them. They wanted to be accepted in a society that only seeks perfection. Only that. They rejected. They turned their backs. What happened was the fault of society. It was the fault of the other students as well. Many say they were monsters. But the sad reality is that they were only victims. All they care about the other victims.
They were also victims. Stupid ignorant people. “They throw the stone and hide the hand”. This is not how things should be. What they did was not covardia. It was courage. They did what no one has dared to do. They will always be remembered. In the entire world…

#EricDavidHarris 04/09/1981 - 04/20/1999

#DylanBennetKlebold 09/11/1981 - 04/20/1999

#Columbine

#WeAreColumbine

P.S. #HappyBirthdayAdolfHitler!
:dogbutton:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why is there random Portuguese in there?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Woolie Wool posted:

Can we talk about MagicMasochist's tumblr some more because uh

:dogbutton:

:stare:

Yeah Magic, get help. Like get legitimate help right now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wait, Dylan Klebold was born on 9/11? No wonder the kid was messed up. :v:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The saddest thing is that like everything on tumblr, it was reblogged from somewhere else. Spree shooters are like Dr. Who for some people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Wait, Dylan Klebold was born on 9/11? No wonder the kid was messed up. :v:

I wonder what the other one's last birthday party was like. "I really want a rifle and high-capacity magazine for my birthday, mom. Oh, the waiting period is two weeks? Uh, never mind."

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Jack Gladney posted:

The saddest thing is that like everything on tumblr, it was reblogged from somewhere else. Spree shooters are like Dr. Who for some people.

Especially if they're attractive-- remember what happened with the Boston bombers? Tumblr is weird.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So which of the two tumblrs found are we assuming is his? I would guess it's probably not both.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

Social rejects with miserable lives identify with social rejects who ended their own lives in a revenge-centric murder spree against the society they hated? Not that surprising. I'd be shocked if the person who wrote that tumblr post was older than 16 years old (the "happy birthday Hitler" bit at the end is a dead giveaway, it's too obviously going out of its way to be extra edgy).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
420 smoke a PPK muzzle erry dayonce.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The worst part is that Harris and Klebold weren't even social rejects or misfits. It's a total myth that people like this dude cling to

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The continued legacy of Columbine is probably another topic unto itself. The thing continues to be brought up over and over again. I was hoping it might just pass into memory, but Dave Cullen's book on the matter somehow ended up on reading lists for a lot of high school English classes. Once that happened, it was off we go again. Now there are "columbiners" who weren't even in school when it happened.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The worst part is that Harris and Klebold weren't even social rejects or misfits. It's a total myth that people like this dude cling to

I'll fully admit I clung to it myself for quite some time. It held a lot sway for people who were schoolage around then, and it was really the only way other kids had any way of explaining it to themselves -- especially if they were stuck in a disadvantaged position which, due to the nature of school, is incredibly difficult to remedy. (I sometimes still have nightmares that I'm back in grade school or high school.)

Morroque fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 15, 2015

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Reminds me of the people that defended Dorner because he was "just trying to get his message out". As though not being heard justifies murdering innocent people.

I guess these DE types see most people as peasants, so it's okay if some peasants die here and there for a nebulous and ill defined personal crusade.

Shockingly, criticizing this point of view makes them cry, but I guess our future nobility both makes the hard choices and has thin skin.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Murderous rage and thin skin have been characteristics of nobility throughout history.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Being a racist doesn't necessarily mean you're a reject without a social life. (Sadly.)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Woolie Wool posted:

Murderous rage and thin skin have been characteristics of nobility throughout history.

And ever since Vicky, haemophilia.

That's what inbreeding gets you, folks.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ddraig posted:

And ever since Vicky, haemophilia.

That's what inbreeding gets you, folks.
That's royalty. Nobility suffer from different philia with an ae digraph in Commonwealth English.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Quorum posted:

Especially if they're attractive-- remember what happened with the Boston bombers? Tumblr is weird.

It's hardly a tumblr thing. Serial killers on death row have been getting love letters and fan mail for decades. Tumblr and twitter just made those people more visible to those who aren't criminal justice majors.

Other than that I'm not sure what the OP is referring to. 4chan racism? Because that's always been on the site. Other racist websites? SA has been doing weekend web stuff involving those forums since 2003. 4chan isn't even the worst offender, Stormfront has 100,000 registered members and has been on fedwatch for the past decade due to the number of members that have gone on to commit actual hate crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ayn Rand carried one hell of a torch for a guy convicted of kidnapping and horrifically* murdering a 12-year old. She called him:

quote:

....the amazing picture of a man with no regard whatsoever for all that a society holds sacred, and with a consciousness all his own. A man who really stands alone, in action and in soul. Other people do not exist for him, and he does not see why they should.

I think that gets across the meme pretty well. It's lame to be a kid and have adults force you to do lame stuff, so that's why tyrannosaurs and murderers are cool.

*: of course there's no good way to do it but trust me when i say he found a really bad one

Morroque posted:

The continued legacy of Columbine is probably another topic unto itself. The thing continues to be brought up over and over again. I was hoping it might just pass into memory, but Dave Cullen's book on the matter somehow ended up on reading lists for a lot of high school English classes. Once that happened, it was off we go again. Now there are "columbiners" who weren't even in school when it happened.

I guess you hadn't heard about the Colorado university who banned a former teacher from their campus when someone pointed out he was the creator of Super Columbine Massacre RPG.

• Locked thread