Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

crew posted:

If The Mittani is Stalin in space then I would say Endie is Lenin or Trotsky.

I was always Trotsky. I even had that as my avvy for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if any of the few nice people in the EVE thread want to play games hit me up on steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Eonwe01

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Dibs on Tito, it doesn't fit but I want to threaten mittani when he fails to have me killed

I just read about the 22 assassins thing on wikipedia last night and Tito is very fitting for you yes.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Did Trotsky engage in pillowtalk with dimwitted neutrals

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Why so much hate for Securitas? Is it because he is gay?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Endie posted:

I was always Trotsky. I even had that as my avvy for a while.

Mine was Rasputin :3:

(more because of how I look IRL than any tendency to banging Russian royalty or hastening revolutions, though)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Edit: argh, double post.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

feedmegin posted:

Edit: argh, double post.

double posting is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
actually

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

A lassiez faire moderation approach to shitposts is the appropriate course of action.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
It's going to hilarious if this carries on, because CCP will not be able to post in r/eve anymore.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hexyflexy posted:

It's going to hilarious if this carries on, because CCP will not be able to post in r/eve anymore.

frankly i think the most hilarious thing to happen (because of this or any other reason) would be ccp publicly stating that they aren't going to use reddit any more

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CashEnsign posted:

I've been told I sound like a straight Securitas. :kimchi:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hexyflexy posted:

That's probably for the best. They've had a nasty habit of forgetting to post somewhat official EVE statements on the official EVE website recently.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Eonwe posted:

obviously this is controversial in this thread, but i think calling someone mentally ill to mock them is probably not good

The logic of our critics: diagnosing me as a sociopath on the daily, cool. Sion as a Nazi official? Cool. Saying someone has gone bonkers because they're spewing easily-disproven bullshit? OUTRAGE :ssj:

Edit: horribly offensive insult incoming, your shitposting in a thread about a game you do not play leaves me questioning your sanity~

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Numismancer posted:

your shitposting in a thread about a game you do not play leaves me questioning your sanity~

about half the posters in this thread anyway

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CashEnsign posted:

I'm not sure if this is a troll or if he's actually homosexual, don't really care either way

People generally don't like Securitas because of one of the following:

* He's dictator-for-life of his corp, but he's also pretty busy IRL (medical school, iirc, which is pretty awesome of him), so he spends weeks AFK at a time and power/activity vacuums result
* He's easily swayed by public opinion (read: r/eve shitposting) and has a tendency to change allegiances on the fly as a result. On the other hand, he generally doesn't backstab you while he does it, which puts him on a slightly higher tier than Sort Dragon
* He posts really really badly.

Numismancer posted:

Edit: horribly offensive insult incoming, your shitposting in a thread about a game you do not play leaves me questioning your sanity~

Eonwe shitposts in all the gaming threads while playing none of them seriously, he's mostly good people

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 14, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Eonwe is a good bad poster and his presence in this thread inspires us to shitpost harder, better, faster, stronger.

Glory of Arioch posted:

frankly i think the most hilarious thing to happen (because of this or any other reason) would be ccp publicly stating that they aren't going to use reddit any more

I genuinely desperately hope that this whole dramabomb is just a huge honeypot with that as its planned conclusion

I mean, logically, I know it's not, but I just want to believe.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

ullerrm posted:

Eonwe shitposts in all the gaming threads while playing none of them seriously, he's mostly good people

Saying someone is crazy or daft is a huge attack on their character and I doubt he'll be able to recover from the mortal blow I just inflicted upon him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Numismancer posted:

The logic of our critics: diagnosing me as a sociopath on the daily, cool. Sion as a Nazi official? Cool. Saying someone has gone bonkers because they're spewing easily-disproven bullshit? OUTRAGE :ssj:

Goon Guild drama draws Eonwe like a moth to a flame

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Numismancer posted:

if someone calls you a sociopath or someone else is a nazi I also think that is bad

do you know where I said otherwise because id like to make fun of that me as well

also shutup

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Numismancer posted:

Saying someone is crazy or daft is a huge attack on their character and I doubt he'll be able to recover from the mortal blow I just inflicted upon him.

i personally dont care what you say about me, but its still pretty hosed to say that kind of thing, just like its hosed that people call you a socipath

i hope this helps you on your life journey, friend

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Eonwe posted:

if someone calls you a sociopath or someone else is a nazi I also think that is bad

do you know where I said otherwise because id like to make fun of that me as well

also shutup

nah i'm feeling chatty today

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Asher if you're reading this can you shoot me a forum PM or something? I want to ask you a few questions.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Eonwe posted:

its hosed that people call you a socipath

what if u think its a compliment :question:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ullerrm posted:

i play lots of games tho!!!!! I'm playing rainbow six siege now and I also started learning SS13 last night

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

I'm not sure if this is a troll or if he's actually homosexual, don't really care either way

People generally don't like Securitas because of one of the following:

* He's dictator-for-life of his corp, but he's also pretty busy IRL (medical school, iirc, which is pretty awesome of him), so he spends weeks AFK at a time and power/activity vacuums result
* He's easily swayed by public opinion (read: r/eve shitposting) and has a tendency to change allegiances on the fly as a result. On the other hand, he generally doesn't backstab you while he does it, which puts him on a slightly higher tier than Sort Dragon
* He posts really really badly.

Securitas is a pretty good guy from my dealings with him in Pandemic Horde and the like. CDIAT are, albeit odd, a pretty chill group of people.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Eonwe posted:

i play lots of games tho!!!!! I'm playing rainbow six siege now and I also started learning SS13 last night

A clerk at my local grocery store who I'd never spoken to before started data-dumping at length about SS13 and how cool it is, appropo of nothing, not even 'hey we're both gamers', just I AM GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT THIS GAME RIGHT NOW

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ITT apparently sticks and stones break bones and words too

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Numismancer posted:

I take offense to this on behalf of the roughly 50% of this posting community who can't be arsed to log into eve. Have at thee. As soon as I reinstall that is. No not this year, next year.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I've always lumped Securitas into the wannabe puppetmaster category with Seraph from EN24

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

I've always lumped Securitas into the wannabe puppetmaster category with Seraph from EN24

I never got that sort of vibe from Securitas, could be wrong though. At the moment he just does stuff with his corp and FCs for Horde, he has about as much say on what the alliance does as Xolve.

Seraph on the other hand is very much a wannabe metagamer and gets really mad when it all fails.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

ITT apparently sticks and stones break bones and words too

Hi Xeirak whats up buddy, this is Hexel, I got to change my forums name after being banned by Lowtax for posting in a ban me thread. Are you still playing p99?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Hey sup buddy! I took a break from P99. Red burnt me out haha.

New direkkktorate litmus test: able to take an internet insult every once in awhile without becoming an insufferable moral high ground shitlord.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Unfunny Poster posted:

I never got that sort of vibe from Securitas, could be wrong though. At the moment he just does stuff with his corp and FCs for Horde, he has about as much say on what the alliance does as Xolve.

Seraph on the other hand is very much a wannabe metagamer and gets really mad when it all fails.

I unironically like Securitas and have no real justification for why. Much of his badposting or leg-humping can be explained by youth, he's really goddamned young and smart.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Eonwe posted:

i personally dont care what you say about me, but its still pretty hosed to say that kind of thing, just like its hosed that people call you a socipath

i hope this helps you on your life journey, friend

I bet you were one of the dudes who kicked me from the runescape guild for saying something was "gay" in a non-homophobic context but turned into a gay hater comment.

BigD7976
Feb 24, 2014

by VideoGames

ChickenWing posted:

We've hit peak Rome, and from what I recall from my history classes Rome 2: Total War campaign, that means it's civil war o'clock.

Reset everybody.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Numismancer posted:

I unironically like Securitas and have no real justification for why. Much of his badposting or leg-humping can be explained by youth, he's really goddamned young and smart.

Yeah he's a pretty decent guy. Makes some rash decisions but he's also a nerd so whatever, you just gotta talk some sense into him every now and then.

Also CDIAT having a Michelin chef changed how I view them entirely.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I bet you were one of the dudes who kicked me from the runescape guild for saying something was "gay" in a non-homophobic context but turned into a gay hater comment.

You were probably kicked for being a fetal alcohol syndrome level shitposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hmm… since GSF is failscading at a speed that will require a new conceptualisation of physics, according to the internets, this would be the best time to apply to GW, yes?

• Locked thread