Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Decided I was gonna play Latts and Kath today...and my opponent had decided to play Chewie + Corran :sigh: gently caress R2-D2 and gently caress Corran too.

Second game I flew Wes, Wedge, and Dutch against Carnor Jax, Epsilon Leader, a Saber Squadron Intie, and the PS 1 TIE/fo ship. I rolled like absolute trash garbage for the opening exchange which saw me roll 12 red dice in the first round of shooting and achieve a total of 2 hit results, neither of which did any damage. I thought I might actually lose this one but on the next pass Wedge blew a Hull and Shield Upgraded Carnor out of the air in a single shot and while Wes picked up some damage from that point on it was downhill for him. Dutch scored 3 damage with Seismic Charges to make up for his inability to TLT anything, and Wedge and Wes cleaned up.

Then I wound up trading him a Scyk for a T70 X-Wing, just to add insult to injury I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kai Tave posted:

Decided I was gonna play Latts and Kath today...and my opponent had decided to play Chewie + Corran :sigh: gently caress R2-D2 and gently caress Corran too.

Second game I flew Wes, Wedge, and Dutch against Carnor Jax, Epsilon Leader, a Saber Squadron Intie, and the PS 1 TIE/fo ship. I rolled like absolute trash garbage for the opening exchange which saw me roll 12 red dice in the first round of shooting and achieve a total of 2 hit results, neither of which did any damage. I thought I might actually lose this one but on the next pass Wedge blew a Hull and Shield Upgraded Carnor out of the air in a single shot and while Wes picked up some damage from that point on it was downhill for him. Dutch scored 3 damage with Seismic Charges to make up for his inability to TLT anything, and Wedge and Wes cleaned up.

Then I wound up trading him a Scyk for a T70 X-Wing, just to add insult to injury I guess.

Could you let me know what the Wedge Wes Dutch list was? I was planing on running a Wes Wedge and TLT gold tomorrow, but you list sounds fun too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Dutch is probably better than a TLT Gold against single targets, since passing a TL to Wedge and Wes does insane things to your offensive output in the best ways.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bunnyofdoom posted:

Could you let me know what the Wedge Wes Dutch list was? I was planing on running a Wes Wedge and TLT gold tomorrow, but you list sounds fun too.

It's not a list of my own invention but I manage to fly it pretty well.

Dutch Courage

Wedge Antilles
-R2 Astromech
-Opportunist

Wes Janson
-Veteran Instincts

Dutch Vander
-R2 Astromech
-Twin Laser Turret
-Bomb Load out
-Seismic Charges
-Extra Munitions

Dutch hands out target locks and uses TLT shots and bombs to chip away at people, meanwhile Wes and Wedge double up on a chosen target and generally turn it to dust in short order. Once Wave 8 hits I'll probably swap Dutch's R2 out for an R5 on Wes and Integrated Astromech on both X-Wings.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kai Tave posted:

It's not a list of my own invention but I manage to fly it pretty well.

Dutch Courage

Wedge Antilles
-R2 Astromech
-Opportunist

Wes Janson
-Veteran Instincts

Dutch Vander
-R2 Astromech
-Twin Laser Turret
-Bomb Load out
-Seismic Charges
-Extra Munitions

Dutch hands out target locks and uses TLT shots and bombs to chip away at people, meanwhile Wes and Wedge double up on a chosen target and generally turn it to dust in short order. Once Wave 8 hits I'll probably swap Dutch's R2 out for an R5 on Wes and Integrated Astromech on both X-Wings.

I only count 98 points? You could fit the R5 on Wes without doing a thing.

Wedge is 34
Wes is 30
Dutch is 34 (23 base, 1 for R2, 6 for TLT, 2 for bomb, 2 for extra munitions)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I really need to get opportunist. HEre's my change to that list

Wedge Antilles
-BB-8
-Predator

Wes Janson
-Veteran Instincts

Dutch Vander
-R2 Astromech
-Twin Laser Turret
-Bomb Load out
-Seismic Charges
-Extra Munitions

Leaves me two points. Could give Wes an astromech, upgrade the seismic charge to prox mines, or connor etc, or leave the 2 points off for init.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Until Wave 8 hits, Initiative bid. Once Wave 8 hits, astromech and Integrated Astromech. It's pretty much impossible to overstate how awesome that upgrade is going to be.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strobe posted:

I only count 98 points? You could fit the R5 on Wes without doing a thing.

98 is for the initiative bid, which has come in handy more often than not especially now that some folks are flying lists like Vader + Soontir shaved down to 99 points. The thing is that the R2 Astromech on Dutch is more a security blanket than anything else, I rarely use his red maneuvers and don't often go up against any sort of stress build lists (stressbots, Tactician K-Wings, etc), so I could drop it and just stick an R5 on Wes and not really be out too much.

edit; also re: Opportunist, I like it but it's a real feast-or-famine sort of upgrade I find. Predator would be more consistent and would free Dutch up to give his TLs to Wes instead, plus it's a bit cheaper and lets you do the BB-8 thing, but when you can get Opportunist to work for you being able to bust out 5 red dice at range 1 while simultaneously reducing the target's agility by 1 is kind of a big deal.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 14, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hell you could go for an R5 on Dutch. Flipping damage cards facedown is useful as hell, especially when you flip a direct hit down, or damaged engine, or what have you.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If I could take Integrated Astromech on a Y-Wing I would :v: But nah, I really want to try and keep it down to 98 points, that seems to be the magic number as far as securing the bid goes, at least around here. At least until people start putting VI on Vader at which point all bets are off.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

For people who've done repainting, have you found it necessary to strip minis first, and if not, have you found it necessary to prime?

I'm thinking about doing some repainting, particularly a dazzle-camo Decimator just to be trolly, and I want to make sure I don't mung anything up.

I painted right over a TIE/LN to make it into a FO and made a Green Squad A-Wing without any stripping or priming. Paint holds really well to these things right out the box.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So, I played a store tournament this weekend with Lone Wolf Dash and two Blue squadrons.

First game was against a Jake plus 3 Greens list. Weird build, no autothrusters but Predator/outmaneuver on the Green squadrons. Won that one 100-0 after Jake blanked an evade roll against hit-hit-crit and pulled a direct hit. I think I lost like 4-5 total shields.

Round two was against Soontir plus 5 Obsidians by a pretty new player. He actually flew very well, few bumps with the swarm. He managed to drag Dash's shields down and damage him. However, he chased Dash and that let the B-Wings file the swarm, chipping away at TIEs. Highlight was killing Soontir with APLs after a bump. 100-27.

After that things went poorly. Next game was against tactician Miranda, Poe, and a stresshog. The B-Wings and Dash all shot the stresshog for two turns (10 red dice plus 12 more reds) and failed to kill it. I ended up never rolling more than 2 hits the entire game on any attack roll, most were only 1, even after focus and Lone Wolf. 26-100.

Last round was IG-88B and two TLT Y-Wings with the R4 agro. First turn Dash rolled 0 evades with double focus and Lone Wolf rerolls, and was out all of his shields. I did manage to put the IG down to hull and could have won had Dash not died to a console fire after being blocked by one of the Y-Wings. I think I did also kill one Y-Wing. 50-100.

Feel pretty good about it overall, dice completely screwed me in game 3 (against alg actually!). It would have been a tough game even without that since Dash hates stress, but not being able to kill a Y-Wing with 2 rounds of focus fire pretty much sealed my fate there. Last game I screwed up my deployment and had terrible defense dice on Dash.

Considering changing the blues to Green squads though, since TLTs are a problem for Dash. They'd also be easier to push out of range 2 for Lone Wolf. Would drop APT to cover the difference.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'd like to fly Dash in my upcoming tournament because I haven't flown it yet and looks like fun. But dunno who to take as wingman. Tossing up between: Miranda with TLT, Jan Ors and proton bombs; 2 blues; or two prototype As and a Z.

Most worried about soontir, but I've been bringing Decimator with gunner/vader to the league every week so I think the TLT & poe threat will be higher.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Poe's not super scary to Dash really. You can keep him out of range fairly well, and the HLC can take chunks out of him quickly. TLT ships are much nastier, and you want to try and keep rocks in the way if possible, for that extra defense die.

Miranda is fun, I've run her before and might do so again with a Kanan PtL Dash. Jan is a trap, she's too slow and will just get pounced on and murdered without other ships to block for her. Blues work pretty well, they're tanky and hit pretty hard, but get eaten by TLTs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do Scyks have any use? I made a list with Serissu, Swarm Tactics, HLC and Stealth Device, flying with 3 Veterans with Stealth Device and Swarm Tactics. Feels like very little HP and offense.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Do Scyks have any use? I made a list with Serissu, Swarm Tactics, HLC and Stealth Device, flying with 3 Veterans with Stealth Device and Swarm Tactics. Feels like very little HP and offense.
Not really, they are distinctively bottom of the meta and are too fragile to really have any upgrades on them. There's no point in using scyks with Zs being a better, cheaper choice.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Not really, they are distinctively bottom of the meta and are too fragile to really have any upgrades on them. There's no point in using scyks with Zs being a better, cheaper choice.

Serissu: Veteran Instincts, Munitions Failsafe and X-23 Thread Tracers

5x Binayre Pirates with Advanced Homing Missiles

This looks dumb as hell but has a decent chance of killing something outright! Then you're just stuck with a mediocre swarm.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I ran 3 Spacers with HLCs and Serissu with Mangler Cannon and Stealth Device. It was fun to play and I absolutely poo poo on a brobot list with it but its basically a gimmick list.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Will this be the end of the crying about Imperial ships?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

Yesssss, want that sickass Red Defender

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
F yeah that defender looks awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

alg posted:

Welp there goes my half baked but loud-rear end opinion regarding FFG never touching EU material ever again in lieu of post TFA canon.

Also this is a great chance to paint up my second TIE Defender in a red Royale w/ cheese scheme and slap white stripes on my other Bomber.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 14, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AndyElusive posted:

Welp there goes my half baked but loud-rear end opinion regarding FFG never touching EU material ever again in lieu of post TFA canon.

Also this is a great chance to paint up my second TIE Defender in a red Royale w/ cheese scheme and slap white stripes on my other Bomber.

I would not be at all surprised if there's a heavier focus on Episode VII/Rogue One stuff for a while, just for market synergy...but I don't think they'll ever completely stop making Legends stuff.

Plus, unless they're hiding a bunch of stuff from us, they've already made all the new ships from Episode VII except for Ren's command shuttle.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

alg posted:

Oh gently caress, my two favourite imp ships in one pack, making me go up to 3 defenders and 3 bombers? Oh FFG, you shouldn't have :swoon:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

jivjov posted:

I would not be at all surprised if there's a heavier focus on Episode VII/Rogue One stuff for a while, just for market synergy...but I don't think they'll ever completely stop making Legends stuff.

Plus, unless they're hiding a bunch of stuff from us, they've already made all the new ships from Episode VII except for Ren's command shuttle.

And the troop transport thingies.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Madurai posted:

And the troop transport thingies.

Oh yeah...forgot about those.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

alg posted:

So loving hard right now.

I want to run Triple Defenders so hard.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

jivjov posted:

And the special forces TIE.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Guy on the league Facebook page is arguing that the Y-wing needs a crew and EPT slot to be fixed. He also says the E-wing needs a fix which is probably true, its 95% Corran, 4% Etahn, 1% generics, probably; but "fixing" them also makes Corran even better.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

jivjov posted:

I'm assuming they're hiding stuff from us, since the previews have shown all of two spaceship battles so far.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Guy on the league Facebook page is arguing that the Y-wing needs a crew and EPT slot to be fixed. He also says the E-wing needs a fix which is probably true, its 95% Corran, 4% Etahn, 1% generics, probably; but "fixing" them also makes Corran even better.

tactician on a btl stress bot, you could dish out 5 stress at range 2.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress yes. Even if Defenders are a pain to fit in storage trays, please be good.

Also, you know what this means, right? Rebel Veterans :getin:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
gently caress yes, Defender fix. Bomber is cool too, but I don't know what they can do to fix the ordnance issue besides having more killer pilots like Deathrain and Redline.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

alg posted:

Yes, yes, yessssss, I will buy this so fast.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Rebel Y-wings need EPTs. Crew slot would be fun but is honestly optional.

E-wing needs fixes badly for generics. A Title that can only be used by PS 4 and below might work.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Strobe posted:

Rebel Y-wings need EPTs. Crew slot would be fun but is honestly optional.

E-wing needs fixes badly for generics. A Title that can only be used by PS 4 and below might work.

Yup, guy on Facebook is largely correct.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hoiyes posted:

tactician on a btl stress bot, you could dish out 5 stress at range 2.

This is why y-wings will not get crew.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Technically, Rebel Y-wings do have access to an EPT! They just have to give up an Astromech slot for it. Whether FFG considers that good enough or not is a different matter.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Technically, Rebel Y-wings do have access to an EPT! They just have to give up an Astromech slot for it. Whether FFG considers that good enough or not is a different matter.

If the astromech was non-unique it might be a good fix, but it's unique so it's a lovely goddamn awful fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah. I dunno how I feel about Y-Wings getting an EPT any longer though. Adding any 1 point EPT to them could break things with the TLT now. Crack shot especially comes to mind.

• Locked thread