Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

gfanikf posted:

I just love how angry he is with that swing.

That dainty twirl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sassassin posted:

That dainty twirl?

The approach and the initial pulling up.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Adam Driver is foot-faced and judging by his interview on Stern recently, super boring.

Glad he wears a mask and has a voice synthesizer in this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i never got why he was cast.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah i never got why he was cast.

JJ Abrams wanted someone that was ugly enough to stop caring about how horribly Fisher has aged and Ford is starting to.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

JJ Abrams wanted someone that was ugly enough to stop caring about how horribly Fisher has aged and Ford is starting to.

She was hilariously self-aware on 30 Rock and looks pretty good in the new movie from what we've seen. Anyway there's a <10 year difference between the time that takes place between the movies and the actual film dates of the movies so I dunno what people are expecting :shrug:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Adam Driver is foot-faced and judging by his interview on Stern recently, super boring.

Glad he wears a mask and has a voice synthesizer in this

Yeah, for the longest time I thought this was a photshop...because I was like no doesn't look like that. Also didn't help that it always appeared on click bait ads on the bottom of pages.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

drunk asian neighbor posted:

She was hilariously self-aware on 30 Rock and looks pretty good in the new movie from what we've seen. Anyway there's a <10 year difference between the time that takes place between the movies and the actual film dates of the movies so I dunno what people are expecting :shrug:

It was a cheap joke. Also, the time between Endor and the new movie is like 30 years

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the only thing i saw him in was girls and he was loving the ugliest girl on the show and that's all you need to know.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyuo7gm-aQ

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

It was a cheap joke. Also, the time between Endor and the new movie is like 30 years

And the time between filming ANH and TFA is 37-38 years.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

That is beyond perfect

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God that is so perfect.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the only thing i saw him in was girls and he was loving the ugliest girl on the show and that's all you need to know.

That poor bastard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If they were gonna get an actor off of HBO for the bad guy they should have gone with Fruity Rudy, imo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

If they were gonna get an actor off of HBO for the bad guy they should have gone with Fruity Rudy, imo

Or Jon Snow dude since from behind they look a lot alike.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

gfanikf posted:

I just love how angry he is with that swing.

It looks like he lost his mask in the fight. It's likely Finn cut it off his face, so there's a reason to be angry.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Nice. I'm interested. Please post when you finish and what you ultimately thought of it.

Finished it late last night and the fact that I stayed up late to finish a Star Wars book should tell you all you need to know. I'd really recommend it to anyone who likes Star Wars, it's an easy read with a really interesting take on the original trilogy from the perspective of Average Joes on both sides. The Empire as a whole is portrayed as cruel and evil but the individuals at the bottom are shown sympathetically, that they're generally good people and when they do go bad it's because they were slowly corrupted by an evil system, not because they're bad themselves. Like a big part of the reason the Imperial protagonist stays with the Empire is to avenge one of her friends, an unquestionably good person who died on the Death Star, while another fanatically pro-Empire TIE pilot is so fanatical because his homeplanet was Alderaan and once it was destroyed the Empire was all he had and he blamed the Rebels for its destruction since they "provoked" the Empire. And even then he's not evil, he's just really devoted to and blind to the faults of the Empire.

In fact, the entire destruction of Alderaan sequence was a really interesting take on it; even the stormtroopers and such on the Death Star were shocked and horrified by it, but most Imperials rationalized it as a way to decapitate the Rebel leadership and intimidate the remaining rebels to stand down, to avoid the greater bloodshed of a galactic war. They even specifically mention the lingering fear of a repeat of the Clone Wars that apparently killed billions of people, that makes people more accepting of the attack.

I'd recommend the book period but especially if that conversation earlier in the thread about the good side of people on the Empire's side was interesting to you. It also has a bit of setup to Episode VII at the end, if you're into that kind of thing.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

Or Jon Snow dude since from behind they look a lot alike.

Yeah, but Fruity Rudy :-*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shoulda been Al Swearengen

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Groovelord Neato posted:

shoulda been Al Swearengen

Playing it the exact same way he did the dad in Hot Rod. Then he could be a REAL villain to man children everywhere

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Should have been Phillip Seymour Hoffman (R.I.P.)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks! I just finished reading a book too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nevermind, I must have farted and hit post.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 14, 2015

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nah, you want Al Swearingen as the competent, menacing bad guy pulling Kylo Ren's strings.

Adam Driver on "Girls" does weird angst with angry mood swings really well. Now that I think of it, his character is a lot like Hayden Christensen's Anakin. If Kylo Ren's going to be a bitchy Darth Vader fanboy, they hit the nail on the head.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PostNouveau posted:

Nah, you want Al Swearingen as the competent, menacing bad guy pulling Kylo Ren's strings.

Adam Driver on "Girls" does weird angst with angry mood swings really well. Now that I think of it, his character is a lot like Hayden Christensen's Anakin. If Kylo Ren's going to be a bitchy Darth Vader fanboy, they hit the nail on the head.

i am ok with this.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

PostNouveau posted:

If thats the direction their going, then Abrams is a genius

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think they've already said he's a dark side weeaboo and it's why he has a the mask costume and a lovely trash lightsaber. the dude's cosplaying vader p much.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
That kind of makes him a lovely villain though; hopefully the others have a little more weight to them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think they've already said he's a dark side weeaboo and it's why he has a the mask costume and a lovely trash lightsaber. the dude's cosplaying vader p much.

God I hope this is the case. It fits perfectly - Kylo Ren is just the SW equivalent of a dark-side weeaboo who happens to be Force-sensitive. Either Finn or Rey will realize while fighting him that they are Force-sensitive too. One of them will kill Kylo Ren and it'll be revealed that this Snoke guy is basically the Emperor except he's not pinning all his hopes on 1 evil Dark Side guy, and one of the other Knights of Ren step up to take Kylo's place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vulpes posted:

That kind of makes him a lovely villain though; hopefully the others have a little more weight to them.

there's like four of them so i think we're safe.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kylo Ren should be three Ewoks standing on each others' shoulders. Or however many Ewoks you need to have a tall enough person.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It was all the dudes from that cantina bar, together, even the bartender and dead Greedo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Jon Snow, Ranger, Stark, Guy with Laser Sword

He studied the Sheev book of twirling I see

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Maybe his thing can be hating snow.

It's cold and it's wet and it get everywhere...

Also

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mickey_Mouse

Not so much the page itself as the arguments over its canonicity on the talk page.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 15, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Just FYI

Gonz posted:

Apparently, Disney and Lucasfilm bigwigs just invited everyone camping outside Mann's Chinese Theater inside to watch the movie. Expect full spoilers in a few hours.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If knowing the facts beforehand ruins a movie for you, you're a big ol baby who obviously can't watch documentaries or true stories

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

McDragon posted:

Kylo Ren should be three Ewoks standing on each others' shoulders. Or however many Ewoks you need to have a tall enough person.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

If knowing the facts beforehand ruins a movie for you, you're a big ol baby who obviously can't watch documentaries or true stories

i kinda agree but "i am your father" was so much better not knowing ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

*spins weightless light beam around to build momentum*

• Locked thread