Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Wanamingo posted:

It's worth pointing out that Kojima is equal opportunity when it comes to ridiculous oversexualization

I'm pretty sure that's already canon

Equal? poo poo, I think you could argue that Metal Gear oversexualizes more men than women by individual counts. The sheer quantity of Snake rear end shots has to count for something.

Kojima just likes people to be sexy, he doesn't care what gender they are.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

I'm around your age and have played games pretty obsessively all my time and still have yet to get this sandy about any game, ever.

Some people heard that you're immature and stupid and took it upon themselves to outdo that several thousand magnitudes more than is ever necessary. Somehow they never grew out of that 'NO GIRLS ALLOWED' mentality but they also want gamer girlfriends who cook, and play games and love sex and it's just an amazing display of cognitive dissonance.

Incidentally, is there any thread to talk about video game controversy that's not in GBS or Imp Zone? I wanna hear more about people flipping their poo poo over Dead or Alive and Street Fighter V

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

RareAcumen posted:

Incidentally, is there any thread to talk about video game controversy that's not in GBS or Imp Zone? I wanna hear more about people flipping their poo poo over Dead or Alive and Street Fighter V
Pretty much any time it gets brought up anywhere it immediately summons poptart_fairy, and then afterwards if the conversation isn't stopped the whole hellthread piles in like so many incredibly bitter clowns into a VW Beetle. It's not worth it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You could always read Breitbart comments.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

It's worth pointing out that Kojima is equal opportunity when it comes to ridiculous oversexualization

I think the flap about Quiet was more about how he was all "NO IT'S NOT FOR BONERS, SHE HAS A SUPER SERIOUS FOR REAL REASON SHE DRESSES LIKE THAT AND YOU WILL FEEL BAD FOR SAYING HER DESIGN IS FOR BONERS!!!!" and then he has her flop around like the planet depends on erections to keep spinning.

It's like, dude, it's OK if you just wanna make hotties. Just don't try to pretend like you have some noble reason for it. Just be like, "Yeah, it's totally because I like wobbly tiddies."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Pretty much any time it gets brought up anywhere it immediately summons poptart_fairy, and then afterwards if the conversation isn't stopped the whole hellthread piles in like so many incredibly bitter clowns into a VW Beetle. It's not worth it.

Personally I'd like to see more of it because I'm that special kind of insane that finds that kind of stuff interesting when it's posted here but not just on its own. I just don't wanna talk about it here since I'm worried the thread is on thin ice still and derail might not look too good for it's favor.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Je suis fatigue posted:

^^^ the smash community is a really strange one (compared to the rest of the FGC) and I'm glad some nerd got banned.

Didn't a bunch of smash bros "community" people once intimidate a child out of his tournament winnings or something? That one usually comes up any time pro smash players get brought up.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I feel compelled to ask: why wasn't poptart_fairy banned over this? And the rest of folks dragging the hellthread where it does not belong, for that matter?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Wanamingo posted:

I'm pretty sure that's already canon

loving Vamp...STOP LICKING YOUR KNIFE GODDAMMIT!
Trying to have a fight here!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RareAcumen posted:

Once upon a time there where the gamer.txt threads and they were fun and good. Then they turned to poo poo mostly with gamergate and they died afaik no one dared make a new one yet? I guess if you want to give it a try you could try and start one with the ol' "post content or get probated" to try and avoid derails ?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nuebot posted:

Didn't a bunch of smash bros "community" people once intimidate a child out of his tournament winnings or something? That one usually comes up any time pro smash players get brought up.

I only know of the one case where a guy won a tournament that used non-standard rules and the community had decided that the runner-up would totally have won if they'd been playing with items off. Don't think he was a kid though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Elderbean posted:

I know people who unironically believe the world should be like Judge Dredd.

What many people don't realize is that the Judges have near absolute authority and can, and will bust you for the slightest whiff of a crime, and even an old hardliner like Dredd thinks the system needs changing in recent years.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

What many people don't realize is that the Judges have near absolute authority and can, and will bust you for the slightest whiff of a crime, and even an old hardliner like Dredd thinks the system needs changing in recent years.

Didn't Dredd in particular become a major proponent of mutant rights in the setting, working to help them (re-)gain citizenship and entry to the city? Sure, at the time it was probably mostly an allegory for slavery, but right now you could absolutely read it as being about the anti-immigrant/muslim hysteria as well. Tell them the real Dredd would probably try to tear down the walls rather than build them and watch the carnage. :laugh:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

We live in a world where a not-insignificant number of conservatives are less fascist than Judge Dredd.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Perestroika posted:

Didn't Dredd in particular become a major proponent of mutant rights in the setting, working to help them (re-)gain citizenship and entry to the city? Sure, at the time it was probably mostly an allegory for slavery, but right now you could absolutely read it as being about the anti-immigrant/muslim hysteria as well. Tell them the real Dredd would probably try to tear down the walls rather than build them and watch the carnage. :laugh:

Well, to cut a long story short, Dredd has a vested interest in mutant rights because his own family are mutants, he's a clone of Eustace Fargo and he had a brother called Ephram and his decedents are still alive but are mutated due to living out in the Radiation Zones outside Mega City 1.

This storyline got Dredd in a lot of poo poo from both Judges and civilians alike, the storyline in general was due to the large anti immigration sentiment in England both then and now.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kajeesus posted:

I only know of the one case where a guy won a tournament that used non-standard rules and the community had decided that the runner-up would totally have won if they'd been playing with items off. Don't think he was a kid though.

If you can't win in Smash with items on, maybe you're not as good as you think you are.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

RareAcumen posted:

Personally I'd like to see more of it because I'm that special kind of insane that finds that kind of stuff interesting when it's posted here but not just on its own. I just don't wanna talk about it here since I'm worried the thread is on thin ice still and derail might not look too good for it's favor.

So why did you talk about it here then?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Weatherman posted:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I think I might have found the craziest person on Facebook.

I found a good goldmine for IoSM is the trending news articles on the sidebar because nothing says "unwarranted opinions" like hot button topics in a public forum. So, imagine my excitement when a very old article got dug up to make some kind of roundabout point about Syrians. Sadly, most people, even the most heavily religious, took this news in stride and commented something to the effect of, "He looks goofy but he is Jesus and I love him :3"

Except this lady.

How am I supposed to resist the claim that she is married to Christ?

It goes on like that for a while. Her profile pictures are repetitions of a single image of herself overlaid with rants about the government (which she trusts deeply, oddly enough). Within the last week, she has become firmly invested in the idea that she is in direct contact with Eric Clapton's son, and also George Harrison. Other than that, she is vaguely obsessed with "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, which she posts about regularly.

The reason I bring this up is because I guess it never occurred to me that some of the weirder comments on Facebook are the peanut gallery of people who are having their illness mediated by a platform that gives them a chance to circulate and validate their own ideas. And it doesn't even have to be a really intense subject.

This entire realization has made me quite sad, but not sad enough not to laugh at "doable jlaw is bonerack".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jennifer Lawrence used to be the one they all attacked for being 'fat'.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

oldpainless posted:

It should but the Stallone version

There was no Stallone version. :colbert:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stoatbringer posted:

There was no Stallone version. :colbert:

Excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:argh:

This is how you say it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl_sRb0uQ7A

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

I hate to find out how many people would like this image on imgur, but i had to share it as well
http://imgur.com/b5NW0Jt
It came from someone in my CT FB group shared by a friend of theirs who's a big Trump fan unironically. When people said "hey fucker, stop it with the nazi poo poo" he claimed he wasn't a nazi or an anti-smite, just spreading the truth. When someone says "i like Trump because he talks straight and doesn't bullshit" they mean "I like Trump because he says racist poo poo that I agree with"

Honestly, I thought these were a joke

I know someone who pulls this poo poo too. He will say something racist as gently caress and then say "unfortunately I can't say this in public because of the PC police, but it's all true. There are facts backing it up". An example of this is when he said "Blacks are less intelligent and more lazy than white people. It's true. Studies have shown it, but you can't say that because the PC police will label you a racist even if it's true".

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Madkal posted:

I know someone who pulls this poo poo too. He will say something racist as gently caress and then say "unfortunately I can't say this in public because of the PC police, but it's all true. There are facts backing it up". An example of this is when he said "Blacks are less intelligent and more lazy than white people. It's true. Studies have shown it, but you can't say that because the PC police will label you a racist even if it's true".

"Whatdya mean 'You're racist?' Studies prove that they're just not as motivated or smart. Studies also prove that their bodies are better built for physical activity, and that's why there are so many black athletes. Ergo ipso facto I can't be racist, I just said something nice about the gentle negro"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Jennifer Lawrence used to be the one they all attacked for being 'fat'.

This was one of the strangest moments I've seen. When people complain about over saturation of celeb reporting, I think "do you not know there are literally hundreds of news outlets that your finger tips have access to?" then I realize these are people who are lazy and let it come to them and then complain because facebook or the yahoo front page is sharing news about Kim and Kanye all the time because they find it more profitable to put that out there than stories about climate change conferences.

Madkal posted:

Oh yea, I've had people pull out the whole "look how many blacks are in prison, therefor they commit more crimes!" ignoring the fact that blacks generally get harsher entrances than whites for the same crime and are more likely to be sent to prison than whites.

I always loved how LBJ set up a study to study why minorities have such problems, and it straight up came back saying White Racism was the root cause of everything. That is true even today, though the sensitive flowers on the right want to pretend that it's not.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Wacky Super Future Cop With Comedy Sidekick, Love Interest And No Helmet is not Judge Dredd. Like I said.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Weatherman posted:

It was already brought up in the thread and I thought that it was fine to talk about it for that reason? I just don't wanna try and make that a big part of it because people recoil at Gamergate discussion, which is a shame because I actually find it interesting when people talk about it here.

Anyway, I found this little number.

It's like they took the picture using a Game Boy Advance.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh good, my first encounter with human garbage on Facebook that isn't related to politics

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Nuebot posted:

Its almost like any time grown men get really into something designed for actual children (pokemon, my little pony, etc), they are usually scumbags who ruin it for everyone.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh good, my first encounter with human garbage on Facebook that isn't related to politics

"Rape is awful and I literally hope that it happens to you because I don't believe it ever happened to you to begin with!!!!1"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

"Rape is awful and I literally hope that it happens to you because I don't believe it ever happened to you to begin with!!!!1"

I thought it was "Rape is awful and I literally hope that it happens to you because you changed your mind about having sex with me!!!!1"

Phone posting so I can't tell what the comic's actually about.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

MizPiz posted:

I thought it was "Rape is awful and I literally hope that it happens to you because you changed your mind about having sex with me!!!!1"

It's this one!

Because any woman would ruin any man's life given the chance!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

MizPiz posted:

Dude: (in obviously shopped font): "that was good sex"
Lady: "i changed my mind"
Lady: "that means you raped me"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's this one!

I assume that's edited, and not just horrible font usage?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I assume that's edited, and not just horrible font usage?

This is the original. The female character is MTF trans.

The rape edit is one of many parodies.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That was Good Sex ™

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's this one!

Proving once again that a man's reputation is more important than a woman's safety.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Uh guys...he knows girls (plural) who have done this! For reals though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

BobbyK posted:

Uh guys...he knows girls (plural) who have done this! For reals though!

Isn't the odds of being falsely accused of rape some ridiculously tiny number? So either he's the most unlucky guy in the world, or a legit rapist.