Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Blawrf posted:

please point out a single occasion where i've ever supported, accepted or done anything other than register complete disgust at someone calling you a "terrible whoreslut"

and it's spelt Stasi

Really this whole current state of the CFC is a result of a complete emphasis of space empire over fun, and I don't mean BNI version of losing fights, but just being space bullies outside of like weirdly scripted events. we have burn jita and miniluv but it seems kinda.. 'forced' and fun stuff like going awoxing doesn't really happen organically anymore. The only thing that gets rewarded in any meaningful way is walking in lockstep to the accomplishment of the next strategic objective, even if said strategic objective is 'griefing'. No one is going out and say, scouting ratting carriers then finding WH route to go kill them because that doesn't get rewarded. No one is getting awox alts into BNI then leading ratter killing fleets. As such the types of groups that would do fun things aren't joining and you wind up with FA cast offs that show up on fleets but are dull as a bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr
I've said my piece and don't plan to speak on it further - there's "reforms" coming and I hope they clear up a lot of the mess. I was always going to keep the announcement and the commentary going for as long as the AMA was open and then clam down and go away and leave you guys to do your thing.

I just think Mrs. Mittens sitting there grouping me in with and comparing me to both Gamergate cunts and those that think it's okay to air personal laundry on public forums is rather out of order, since I'm neither. Whatever helps in the closing of ranks, I suppose.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

OWLS! posted:

Also, this thread is worse than the Syndicate thread on failheap. For the nerds that remember that.

That isn't possible. FHC has the worst posting by some of the most awful people I've seen in relation to this game.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SperginMcBadposter posted:

That isn't possible. FHC has the worst posting by some of the most awful people I've seen in relation to this game.

But see, you're a regular in this thread, so you aren't an impartial observer. :smug:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reverand maynard posted:

Really this whole current state of the CFC is a result of a complete emphasis of space empire over fun, and I don't mean BNI version of losing fights, but just being space bullies outside of like weirdly scripted events. we have burn jita and miniluv but it seems kinda.. 'forced' and fun stuff like going awoxing doesn't really happen organically anymore. The only thing that gets rewarded in any meaningful way is walking in lockstep to the accomplishment of the next strategic objective, even if said strategic objective is 'griefing'. No one is going out and say, scouting ratting carriers then finding WH route to go kill them because that doesn't get rewarded. No one is getting awox alts into BNI then leading ratter killing fleets. As such the types of groups that would do fun things aren't joining and you wind up with FA cast offs that show up on fleets but are dull as a bricks.

What if you find it fun to be a space empire? Crushing people under jackboots is fun in my book!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OWLS! posted:

He's cool by me.

im glad of this

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh god this av :lol:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eonwe posted:

im glad of this

Uguu~ Sempai noticed me~

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://zkillboard.com/br/64520/

Meat Bazookas are fun.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

OWLS! posted:

Also, this thread is worse than the Syndicate thread on failheap. For the nerds that remember that.

That thread is still going you dummy.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dialhforhero posted:

So what are you all getting your Secret Santee? Since it's going to get lost in 100 pages of garbage dick posting anyway no need to worry about spoiling it in case you're trying to keep your identity secret come gift day.

I have ideas, but I am waiting to see who I get and then hope they posted in the gift ideas thread because :effort: sometimes.

This was my gift to my ENL-I santee. I planned for it to be an ALOD, and was going to jockey for it to become an article on TMC, but then azure talked me down and said my giftee would probably prefer to just have the stuff.

basically the blingiest ALOD fit I could manage in YA0 station. I haven't heard anything about it from him, so I don't know what he thinks about it.

I considered a scavenger hunt, but that was just too much effort. I also considered roleplaying as a mission agent on a neutral character, and staging a boss fight ending with a capital, but again, :effort:

There's always next year. Though the mission agent RP thing would be enough fun to do it randomly to newbies.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mpaarating posted:

That thread is still going you dummy.

That thread is a new thread, the old ones were so bad that they got gassed by failheap mods.

Also jesus gently caress, Andupor is still posting in this thread. :psyboom:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Blawrf posted:

I just think Mrs. Mittens sitting there grouping me in with and comparing me to both Gamergate cunts and those that think it's okay to air personal laundry on public forums is rather out of order, since I'm neither. Whatever helps in the closing of ranks, I suppose.

Hint: I doubt that Mrs. Mittens is posting for herself all the time. :ohdear:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

OWLS! posted:

That thread is a new thread, the old ones were so bad that they got gassed by failheap mods.

Oh I thought you meant the syndicate thread in general. Yes you are right though, the old ones were amazing levels of bad.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Lots of not-in-GSF folks posting up a storm, sorry this didn't work out for you the way you had hoped~

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Numismancer posted:

Lots of not-in-GSF folks posting up a storm, sorry this didn't work out for you the way you had hoped~

Eat poo poo mittens, your delusions of grandeur serious business posting always got on my nerves.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Numismancer posted:

:downs:

goodnight

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

OWLS! posted:

Eat poo poo mittens, your delusions of grandeur serious business posting always got on my nerves.

This is one hell of a word salad.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

mpaarating posted:

Hint: I doubt that Mrs. Mittens is posting for herself all the time. :ohdear:

what

though I am also in the not-in-GSF crew so I should probably also see myself out

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Recoome posted:

So I'm not fully caught up but basically there is a load of space drama because an inactive dude had some space privileges removed, and then made a reddit post about it.

Eh, several inactive dudes had some space privileges removed in succession, and then they all made reddit posts about it.

You guys missed some of the really absurd drama from a few weeks ago, though. One of the removed people went literally mental about it -- claiming on reddit that Mittani was using Goons/TMC for RMT to fund his "horny white boy lifestyle" and that he was cheating on his wife with various people. Then he deleted his posts and started threatening to kill himself on Twitter. Then deleted those tweets. Then started posting again on Reddit.

It was amazing, but also horribly depressing.

(But then, if you look at the non-deleted posts on his Twitter feed since then, it's about how Warframe's latest plot twists are offensive to genderfluid people, and his Ecco the Dolphin fanfic, and reminiscing on his first visit to a furry convention. So, I'm left wondering how much of it was internet spaceship drama, and how much of it is just "this guy has some things he needs to deal with.")

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 15, 2015

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Numismancer posted:

If you want your own little hugbox go make a gsf thread in PGS.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Numismancer posted:

lmao you are trying too hard here

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The most annoying thing in this thread is you cocksuckers that think it's cool and edgy to fuckin triple and quad post in a row. Seriously collect your goddamn thoughts you mentally ill fucks

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyst posted:

The most annoying thing in this thread is you cocksuckers that think it's cool and edgy to fuckin triple and quad post in a row. Seriously collect your goddamn thoughts you mentally ill fucks

Vyst, what happened .

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You used to be chill-er.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
~deadlyposting~

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

OWLS! posted:

I try, thanks!

One of the nice things about metrics, numbers and ~accountability~ is that we can chart our success by people voting with their feet, and as our numbers continue to grow it's much easier to shrug off howling when the data contradicts it. So we know Elysium has been hugely popular, that Harpyfleets had people saying they loved them yet not actually flying them in practice, etc.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

im sorry you have to move your mouse wheel a fraction more when reading stupid posts about a bad game on a comedy forum

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Numismancer posted:

I try, thanks!

One of the nice things about metrics, numbers and ~accountability~ is that we can chart our success by people voting with their feet, and as our numbers continue to grow it's much easier to shrug off howling when the data contradicts it. So we know Elysium has been hugely popular, that Harpyfleets had people saying they loved them yet not actually flying them in practice, etc.

is calling someone mentally ill good

y/n

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
no, i mean no.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm fine with my mental illness and you should too

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I play DF so I'm kind of an authority on video game mental issues.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why can i not buy an eve online cash-in book yet

did reddit ruin that or something

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eonwe posted:

why can i not buy an eve online cash-in book yet

did reddit ruin that or something

http://www.amazon.com/EVE-True-Stories-Daniel-Way/dp/1616552727/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450134779&sr=8-1&keywords=EvE+Online+Comic

Isn't this it?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh i thought mittens was making some like book or something about eve

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dunno, lol if he is tho.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh yea here

http://evenews24.com/2015/12/03/breaking-the-mittani-cancels-cfc-fountain-war-kickstarter/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol.

• Locked thread