Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I doubt it's worth the effort to part a 2003 Mazda 6 honestly. I was thinking winter beater and I could toss my blizzaks on it with no trouble but if there's more than a dead battery I don't want to mess with it right now.

How many miles on it? The answer to that question will point towards viability of resurrection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

How many miles on it? The answer to that question will point towards viability of resurrection.

Mom didn't give me that info unfortunately. She doesn't even know the exact year or what engine.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Mom didn't give me that info unfortunately. She doesn't even know the exact year or what engine.

How far away is it? It's worth at least driving over to see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

How far away is it? It's worth at least driving over to see.

45 minutes or so. I just won't have time to go until next monday and they want it gone.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Boo. We had a pretty sweet NYE party past year but none of my roommates wanna do it again. I loving hate going to the bar on NYE. Elbow to elbow everywhere and it takes 45 minutes to get a beer. Not to mention cops every 50 feet. Already in a pissed off mood about it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
So... go to someone else's NYE party, or don't bother?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

If I know of a party I will go. But I highly doubt my girl is gonna wanna stay in on NYE with me doing jack poo poo. I get super anxious at crowded bars. I hate it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have a bit of astigmatism so my Oculus Rift devkit causes a seriously bad headache and really fucks up my sense of balance after 10 minutes of use.

I keep meaning to monkey with the lens settings to see if I can tune it out, but it's not like I have a huge compulsion to invite more brain problems.

I not only have astigmatism, but also need prismatic corrections, so I would need to wear glasses, and they are progressive lenses that would have serious focus issues for me.

I still want to try one of the Occulus things someday, be I'm unwilling to bet any money at all that it would be usable for me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love that Miller's preferred version of the film is 2D. And black and white 2D at that. :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

I love that Miller's preferred version of the film is 2D. And black and white 2D at that. :allears:

The 3d additions were janky as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. the loving steering wheels flying at you after an explosion and stuff. dumb as all hell.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

So... go to someone else's NYE party, or don't bother?

There's only two nights of the year I don't go out, and that is NYE and St Patrick's day - its loving amateur hour, and the amount of drunk drivers just puts me off. Usually its a night of having dinner with the fam and a relaxing night on the couch.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I just realized that I am not excited for Christmas at all this year

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Have a kid. Now that mine is 3 and super loving excited for the first time, I can't remember the last time (if ever) I was this excited for Christmas. I think I'm about as excited to watch her go apeshit on Christmas morning as I ever was as a kid to open my own presents.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Have a kid. Now that mine is 3 and super loving excited for the first time, I can't remember the last time (if ever) I was this excited for Christmas. I think I'm about as excited to watch her go apeshit on Christmas morning as I ever was as a kid to open my own presents.

It's great when they're young, just wait until they start feeling entitled to poo poo. My son thinks Santa will give him a Bugatti Veyron (the actual car, not a toy) because he asks for one lol.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

leica posted:

It's great when they're young, just wait until they start feeling entitled to poo poo. My son thinks Santa will give him a Bugatti Veyron (the actual car, not a toy) because he asks for one lol.

Wow I thought I was crazy asking Santa for an 88 cutlass. Your kid sounds awesome. My kids don't care for cars. My younger son likes construction equipment and could care less about cars that aren't old an rusty

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He loves exotics. I was gonna get him a Veyron die cast, but the cheap ones suck and everything else is expensive eye candy that he would want to play with and destroy.

He just got a giant poster of a La Ferrari that he bought at the school book fair, he came home with it and we were like wtf you were supposed to buy books :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

leica posted:

It probably helps that her wishlist this year mostly consists of "a shark". :coolfish:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Holy crap both of your kids are awesome. My daughter wants a pony. My son's both want real lightsabers. And all three want a pet for there pets....... I wish my kids would ask for a car.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

General_Failure posted:

Oh. drat. Think I'll stay away from them then.

I have an Acer 1080p that I got a few years ago and what I a 1280x1024 NEC that I think is ex POS that I picked up from a Men's Shed (Charity / place for men to go and do stuff in Australia). Better than nothing. What I'd really like is a rotatable monitor. For play I like landscape but for work I'd really prefer portrait.

From my googling, it seems that it's hit or miss on astigmatism. Lots of people also say that thinner frames fit in the headset.

I'll probably order a cheap set of glasses from zenni/etc to cut up and glue into the headset so I don't need to wear glasses (I'm like -6.5 astigmatism in both eyes).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

It probably helps that her wishlist this year mostly consists of "a shark". :coolfish:

Haha, get a super huge stuffed shark if you can find one. My son just turned 8, and we spoil him so now it's oh poo poo what do we get him that we haven't already? So this year we're taking him to an Orlando Magic vs. Miami Heat game the day after Christmas, then going to Disney the next day which will be his first time. We're pretty much loving ourselves though because it's gonna be hard to top that one.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm doing a technology/security audit for a company that manages over $1 billion in assets. They have high security concerns. I told them I'd get credentials when we meet in person this week.

Nope, they just emailed me everything in a vanilla Excel document.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Boo. We had a pretty sweet NYE party past year but none of my roommates wanna do it again. I loving hate going to the bar on NYE. Elbow to elbow everywhere and it takes 45 minutes to get a beer. Not to mention cops every 50 feet. Already in a pissed off mood about it.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If I know of a party I will go. But I highly doubt my girl is gonna wanna stay in on NYE with me doing jack poo poo. I get super anxious at crowded bars. I hate it.

I too had fun once. It was awful.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Adiabatic posted:

I too had fun once. It was awful.

NYE is fun at home, maybe with a few friends.

Anything else is a loving waste for amateur rear end drinkers looking for an excuse to be dumb.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I work at a resort and every major holiday is amateur night. Memorial and July 4th weekends are the worst, but NYE is right up there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Yeah I work at a resort and every major holiday is amateur night. Memorial and July 4th weekends are the worst, but NYE is right up there.

The only NYE my wife and I went out for was 08 into 09, because I was home on leave before going on deployment. Literally all we did was go down to the pier in st pete and watch fireworks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

IOwnCalculus posted:

Kid is like five steps ahead of wherever I am right now lol. (also i hate kids)

I was excited having someone to give a bunch of stuff to last year and this year well... gently caress :smith: Funny how much poo poo changes so fast

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
My son is 3.5, and he is loving PUMPED about getting an RC car for christmas. Good thing I bought 2 :getin:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There's some sort of event going on outside my office, anyone ever heard of this movie?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Running into a bunch of assholes I hate seeing from HS at a crowded bar is not fun lol.

Got my [HOONDAI] sticker in today, ahhyee.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

The only NYE my wife and I went out for was 08 into 09, because I was home on leave before going on deployment. Literally all we did was go down to the pier in st pete and watch fireworks.

Did you know they just started tearing down the St.Pete pier to build a new one? My wife and I went there on our first date so it was kinda sad for us :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

He loves exotics. I was gonna get him a Veyron die cast, but the cheap ones suck and everything else is expensive eye candy that he would want to play with and destroy.

He just got a giant poster of a La Ferrari that he bought at the school book fair, he came home with it and we were like wtf you were supposed to buy books :v:

I have been dragged along Christmas shopping numerous times this week and I've looked everywhere we've gone for a decent Veyron diecast to no avail since you posted about it the first time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I appreciate it dude! I think he's just gonna have to wait until next year for that, I'll keep looking for one that's in between a garbage and high end model.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lmao haha lol we just got word at the eleventh hour that the three page fornula sheet id spent an hour and a half to that point (on the night before the test to time is at a premium) laying out to print has to be handwritten or it wont be allowerd hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :) :cawg: :D :cool: this is fine :keke: :sotw: :v: everythigsnf ine

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Enourmo posted:

lmao haha lol we just got word at the eleventh hour that the three page fornula sheet id spent an hour and a half to that point (on the night before the test to time is at a premium) laying out to print has to be handwritten or it wont be allowerd hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :) :cawg: :D :cool: this is fine :keke: :sotw: :v: everythigsnf ine

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why is it when you don't need them, your tread depth gauges show up everywhere, but when you're going to buy a set of tires they all up and dissapear?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Why the gently caress can't sick people stay home instead of coming into the office? Holy crap, we are allowed to work from home, don't loving come into the office with your coughing and sniffles.

Friday my manager came in (on her normal work from home day no less) with an obvious cold (or flu). I did my bet to avoid her, but well, her cube is next to mine.

This morning when I left for work I had a slightly scratchy throat, but not enough to make me think anything other than allergies or a reaction to the massive temperature swing we just had (went from 70's to freezing in a day). By this afternoon it's a full-blown cold. gently caress. I hate being sick. She was in the office today also, and left at lunch for a doctor's appointment because she was still loving sick.

Now I'm probably going to have to work from home tomorrow so that I'm not the jerk spreading germs, and tomorrow is the team lunch/Christmas party so my work day would consist of showing up, going out to buy some food, helping to get stuff ready, 4 hours of lunch/party, and then dicking around for a couple hours before heading home. Instead, if I'm sick in the morning I'll be sitting in my house actually working all day.

blk posted:

I'm doing a technology/security audit for a company that manages over $1 billion in assets. They have high security concerns. I told them I'd get credentials when we meet in person this week.

Hahaha.. that would get me so fired. I don't work in the security side of the business at all, but our email system does some sort of document searching and if it finds anything that looks like it might be an account number or client information (or employee information) like SS numbers or even telephone numbers and addresses, it automatically gets quarantined for Info-sec to review before it goes out (or comes in). If you send out an email with an attachment that's encrypted, that's auto-quarantined and you get to actually talk to Info-sec and show them what it is and why you are sending an encrypted document through email (they have approved processes to send/receive secure documents). Not a conversation I'd want to have.

Enourmo posted:

What? Why would they require a document to be handwritten? Is this a class or work? Either way this sounds stupid.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I think something broke.

Or I need better glasses.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Locator posted:

What? Why would they require a document to be handwritten? Is this a class or work? Either way this sounds stupid.

3 of 4 classes this semester have all had stupid arbitrary bullshit

my ee class wont even allow a formula sheet for the final; ohm's law is one thing but how the gently caress am i supposed to remember the goddmn inductance formulas in a hi stress environment like that\

and my materials class limited it to loving notecards. 1 for first exam, 2 for 2nd, 3 for the final. just give us a loving full sheet ffs.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Did you know they just started tearing down the St.Pete pier to build a new one? My wife and I went there on our first date so it was kinda sad for us :(

Seriously? loving lame. That was our first NYE being married and it was nice :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

blk posted:

The health insurance broker for my previous job has sent my complete personal information, SSN, DOB, address, etc.. across unencrypted emails. Multiple times. I gently reminded them the first time and laid into them the subsequent times, as did my manager. THIS IS YOUR DAMNED JOB, jesus.

• Locked thread