Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

Are there any good jokes in this thread or is it a bunch of people talking to nobody in particular about how they learned all they need to know about gender in 1st grade

You're here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

:cheeky:

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

a bay posted:

Are there any good jokes in this thread or is it a bunch of people talking to nobody in particular about how they learned all they need to know about gender in 1st grade

Just this

You are a nerd posted:

Until you realize that's not a scarf the guy is wearing.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Thats a good observation but if its the funniest thing in this thread then you guys really need to get it together

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Seems like a decent enough title and concept for some jokes like I dont know, the dad sitting on a tree stump leaning forward with his head in his hands thinking about how to find shelter for his family while Bob Marley rubs his shoulders or some thing, if you cant come up with a better joke then this you are hope less

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Edgar posted:

Didn't you guys notice that buzzfeed ...

No.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

Seems like a decent enough title and concept for some jokes like I dont know, the dad sitting on a tree stump leaning forward with his head in his hands thinking about how to find shelter for his family while Bob Marley rubs his shoulders or some thing, if you cant come up with a better joke then this you are hope less

you're gbs as gently caress m8

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

you're gbs as gently caress m8

He's so desperate not to be the stench is overwhelming.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I wasnt expecting people to start registering accounts just to go on Gbs and say I dont smell good until 2016

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I would like to know what you feel the characteristics of a Gbs poster are, especially if you identify as one

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Gee, how handsome
Brains, good ones
So much fun to have around

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
As a GBS poser I *FART*...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So "transgender" is just gay dudes that don't want to admit it right?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Powercrazy posted:

So "transgender" is just gay dudes that don't want to admit it right?

Not generally, no, but I was just talking about this in another thread: forums crazy person, ASpoonfulofBromide (something like that) is a gay dude who decided he must be trans because he liked dick and because he worked at a daycare and was good with the kids. He didn't have dysphoria or anything. Clearly there is no such thing as a man who is attracted to other men and who likes kids, so, obviously, he must actually be a woman.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

HoAssHo posted:

Not generally, no, but I was just talking about this in another thread: forums crazy person, ASpoonfulofBromide (something like that) is a gay dude who decided he must be trans because he liked dick and because he worked at a daycare and was good with the kids. He didn't have dysphoria or anything. Clearly there is no such thing as a man who is attracted to other men and who likes kids, so, obviously, he must actually be a woman.

Isn't that the utterly insane person from the Goku Pants thread?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

max4me posted:

I am gonna weigh in on this poo poo.

A genderfuild person is in a plan crash the body is burned forensics look at the skeleton and go "this is a male/female skeleton" they recover DNA and its XX or XY. to me these seems like objective truths that cannot be changed.

yeah except for when it's neither XX nor XY, it turns out there are other valid 23rd chromosome arrangements

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

He's so desperate not to be the stench is overwhelming.

it's really quite something, you're right

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

natetimm posted:

Isn't that the utterly insane person from the Goku Pants thread?

lol yep

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Y'all cum inside farm animals.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

yeah except for when it's neither XX nor XY, it turns out there are other valid 23rd chromosome arrangements

Oh you contrarian mother fuckers love to bring that out. As the frosted flake says the XX/XY is only 99% applicable, oh no it doesn t work 100% therefore has no validity. If these other chromosomal arrangements were more common and made up the majority of the trans community the the standard would fall apart.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

I.N.R.I posted:

i came in a giraffe

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

I don't cum in working class animals, I'm not a poor.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

When it comes to your obsession with bestiality, methinks thou dost protest too much.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I.N.R.I posted:

wow that's not true, I haven't seen your mom in like a month

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nurge posted:

You're making a pretty gross simplification of the issue with eunuchs though. The fact that they were treated culturally completely differently from both men and women do make them a de facto third gender in those cultures. Current fashions about what consitutes gender don't really come into it. People are defined by the culture they live in.
Dude, for most of Chinese history eunichs were men robbed of what made them men. It was a punishment for criminals and prisoners of war. It was viewed as a source of shame up until the 15th century when the Emperor carved out a civil service niche for them because he knew they wouldn't have legacy ambitions. Even then the only reason the whole civil service thing became as big as it did was famines and farmers not being able to feed their kids, so hacking off their balls and sending them to be the state's problem.

Do you really wanna be the one defending "victims of mutilation given a job in society," as a totally good model for a third/other genders?

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 15, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

max4me posted:

Oh you contrarian mother fuckers love to bring that out. As the frosted flake says the XX/XY is only 99% applicable, oh no it doesn t work 100% therefore has no validity. If these other chromosomal arrangements were more common and made up the majority of the trans community the the standard would fall apart.

I'm sorry facts bother you so much

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

I'm sorry facts bother you so much

oh gently caress you and the "hur hur facts" because i doubt you care about "facts"

would it be a "fact" if a person was born XX and has vagina, thus is a "girl" would you agree its a "fact" they are female regardless of what she tells herself or the world

Again most people transitioning arent doing so because of some alternative chromosomal arrangement, or from some birthdefect or accident that mutilated their genitals.

Again body is found in the woods forensics exam the body they will find outs its sex regardless of how it lived or what its preferred pronoun is.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The amount of hermaphrodites or people with abnormal chromosome arrangements is so small as to be irrelevant for most purposes. For example in archeology, you don't stop and say "woah woah what if this Roman soldier was really intersex/had different chromosomes/identified as a woman?"

If temple prostitutes, eunuchs and one-in-a-thousands (or often less!) live births are what you're going off, then facts aren't on your side.

So the fact of the matter is that a large amount of trans people are trans without a scientific reason for being so. That's not a value judgement. There are smokers without a genetic disposition towards smoking, alcoholics without that gene that shifts people towards alcoholism etc. If being trans is nothing to be ashamed of there doesn't need to be historical precedent or weird genetic indicators. At least some people choose to be trans and choices can be discussed.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 15, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

max4me posted:

oh gently caress you and the "hur hur facts" because i doubt you care about "facts"

would it be a "fact" if a person was born XX and has vagina, thus is a "girl" would you agree its a "fact" they are female regardless of what she tells herself or the world

Again most people transitioning arent doing so because of some alternative chromosomal arrangement, or from some birthdefect or accident that mutilated their genitals.

Again body is found in the woods forensics exam the body they will find outs its sex regardless of how it lived or what its preferred pronoun is.

sounds good bud thanks

i like how your strawmen are dead bodies lol

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 15, 2015

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Woah, that mask is legit.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

psh, not the old "pimp slingblade midget with tits and concentration camp tattoo" costume again

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

much of the public understanding of trans people is as dead bodies so it's not a huge surprise

if your gimmick is just a biotruth thing without any humor added it's indistinguishable from the people who hold lists of sins on college campuses

maybe it could be a little funny if someone was all
"yeah i pick apart rats so i can see what sex they are, only found two so far BOOM SCIENCE"

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 15, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

much of the public understanding of trans people is as dead bodies so it's not a huge surprise

if your gimmick is just a biotruth thing without any humor added it's indistinguishable from the people who hold lists of sins on college campuses

"yeah i pick apart rats so i can see what sex they are, only found two so far BOOM SCIENCE"

so you do get it, the joke is indeed that someone wants to karyotype people so we can find out their "true" gender

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

we must crack the figurative tootsie pop of human remains to enjoy the waxy, chocolate gender.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I think the point - certainly my point - is I honestly do not give a gently caress who you bang, how you bang, etc. if you aren't doing anything terrible. Period. I just do not give a poo poo, and society as a whole should be encouraged to give less of a poo poo. If they want to campaign for something useful it'd be to, surprise, start REMOVING labels so that people can be into whatever without being put into a specific group with all the terrible group behavior that comes along with it.

This push to make 500 new loving terms to accommodate the endless kinks found on the internet is stupid as hell and frankly the people really pushing for it, more or less, just want to feel like - to use a phrase - "Special Snowflakes."

Look at the OP. If that whole loving thing had read "Out of work musician and long time partner seek a place to stay with our child," nobody'd be here making fun of that poo poo. People are making fun of that poo poo because of all the ridiculous "offend no one" language it ends up being just loving ridiculous. They have wrapped themselves so deeply in this bullshit, in fact, that it has become their entire identity. That's a recurring theme I'm noticing. I don't feel the need to preface "I am an <insert job here>," with a declaration of being a straight white dude with a list of poo poo I'm into. It's just ridiculous.

It's stupid poo poo that's setting their own movement back horrendously, and believe me, there is a coming backlash. People put up with it for a while, and now it's going to come back ten fold. The problem is instead of "Don't be dicks to people regardless of what they're into" politics it's become "Accept everything and you better adhere to and learn our huge list of internet bullshit or you're a bigoted monster!!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, more labels does not help. Labeling yourself makes you an easy target, always has, always will. Making ridiculously goofy labels and supporting the total loving nuts on the internet who think they are a dragons who like to gently caress buildings as part of the package deal... that's some old bullshit and that's where we're at. Every bit of progress their movement has made has been shot, repeatedly, in the foot until the gun went click by these people who drank way, way too much of the Kool-Aid. To the point instead of real change, people will look back at this in ten years as a defining goofy bit from our decade.

Long story short, there was a chance to change things and then they went and hosed it up.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 15, 2015

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

counterpoint: fart.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There is a joke about how gendered the term strawman is but I couldnt be assed to make it work.

Okay I'm gonna change gears.

Remember that whole kerfuffle with the indian native americans and the head dress/war bonets. and the issue of cultural appropriation

A lady I grew up with, went to school with, was raging hardcore about it. So loving hard that all her friends dog piled her about how she was basically being a fascists in dictating what others are allowed to do.

It got ugly people pointed out that she has tatoos that are a hodgepodge of other cultures religious symbols and plans on more.

She identified as Native American, which she cited as the source for her authority on the mater. which finally set me off. many years ago my cousin took me to the reservations in the American south west and the experience honestly depressed the gently caress out of me.

So I pointed out that she didnt grow up on the reservation she group up in the same town as me.

I pointed out that she didnt speak the native language she spoke the same as me

I pointed out that her cultural experience and socialization was the same as me, basically a white person in a lovely town.

Culture, location, language she had none of it, almost like she was OMG a boring white person.

Finally I told her "look I am gonna put my money where your mouth is, I will pay for the DNA testing if your back ground isnt native american will you walk back all the stuff you've said"

Can you guess if she took the offer? or did she give a song and dance about how DNA dont mean anything and culture is more than blood?

Samething with the trans poo poo, they all make a bunch of different models trying to remake the world and language to conform to their terms. Which the more I look at the people who do this the more I see it as a way to have power over something.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the point - certainly my point - is I honestly do not give a gently caress who you bang, how you bang, etc. if you aren't doing anything terrible. Period. I just do not give a poo poo, and society as a whole should be encouraged to give less of a poo poo. If they want to campaign for something useful it'd be to, surprise, start REMOVING labels so that people can be into whatever without being put into a specific group with all the terrible group behavior that comes along with it.

This push to make 500 new loving terms to accommodate the endless kinks found on the internet is stupid as hell and frankly the people really pushing for it, more or less, just want to feel like - to use a phrase - "Special Snowflakes."

Look at the OP. If that whole loving thing had read "Out of work musician and long time partner seek a place to stay with our child," nobody'd be here making fun of that poo poo. People are making fun of that poo poo because of all the ridiculous "offend no one" language it ends up being just loving ridiculous. They have wrapped themselves so deeply in this bullshit, in fact, that it has become their entire identity. That's a recurring theme I'm noticing. I don't feel the need to preface "I am an <insert job here>," with a declaration of being a straight white dude with a list of poo poo I'm into. It's just ridiculous.

It's stupid poo poo that's setting their own movement back horrendously, and believe me, there is a coming backlash. People put up with it for a while, and now it's going to come back ten fold. The problem is instead of "Don't be dicks to people regardless of what they're into" politics it's become "Accept everything and you better adhere to and learn our huge list of internet bullshit or you're a bigoted monster!!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, more labels does not help. Labeling yourself makes you an easy target, always has, always will. Making ridiculously goofy labels and supporting the total loving nuts on the internet who think they are a dragons who like to gently caress buildings as part of the package deal... that's some old bullshit and that's where we're at. Every bit of progress their movement has made has been shot, repeatedly, in the foot until the gun went click by these people who drank way, way too much of the Kool-Aid. To the point instead of real change, people will look back at this in ten years as a defining goofy bit from our decade.

Long story short, there was a chance to change things and then they went and hosed it up.

doctors assign the label at birth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

max4me posted:

There is a joke about how gendered the term strawman is but I couldnt be assed to make it work.

Okay I'm gonna change gears.

Remember that whole kerfuffle with the indian native americans and the head dress/war bonets. and the issue of cultural appropriation

A lady I grew up with, went to school with, was raging hardcore about it. So loving hard that all her friends dog piled her about how she was basically being a fascists in dictating what others are allowed to do.

It got ugly people pointed out that she has tatoos that are a hodgepodge of other cultures religious symbols and plans on more.

She identified as Native American, which she cited as the source for her authority on the mater. which finally set me off. many years ago my cousin took me to the reservations in the American south west and the experience honestly depressed the gently caress out of me.

So I pointed out that she didnt grow up on the reservation she group up in the same town as me.

I pointed out that she didnt speak the native language she spoke the same as me

I pointed out that her cultural experience and socialization was the same as me, basically a white person in a lovely town.

Culture, location, language she had none of it, almost like she was OMG a boring white person.

Finally I told her "look I am gonna put my money where your mouth is, I will pay for the DNA testing if your back ground isnt native american will you walk back all the stuff you've said"

Can you guess if she took the offer? or did she give a song and dance about how DNA dont mean anything and culture is more than blood?

Samething with the trans poo poo, they all make a bunch of different models trying to remake the world and language to conform to their terms. Which the more I look at the people who do this the more I see it as a way to have power over something.

you would get along well with the feminists who compare trans people to blackface

• Locked thread