Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXlK8UtLhg&t=120s

In this episode Chris Roberts get's his name mixed up and refers to himself as Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I already understand that this game won't be everything it's promising to be. But my question to all of you is, will this game be worth playing when it's "done" based on how you've seen the game handled by the devs thus far?

No. GTFO.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.Tophat posted:

I imagine it's more of a case of accessibility to the food during work hours.

People react to the presence of guilt in a myriad of ways. Some folks drink, others do drugs, some people even go to church to confess! Some folks though, they try to fight off pangs of guilt by defeating nonexistent pangs of hunger whenever possible, convenient or permissible with whatever is to hand. It soothes the negative thoughts and sensations by replacing it with transient fullness.

If you're not a sociopath, then the weight of the guilt that you must feel when you're part of an operation on the scale of Star Citizen must be a growing monster that rivals the feature creep of said game.

Guilt or no, the responsibilities placed upon this man's shoulders to provide dreams to backers must be getting to him. He's so close to the beating heart of the greatest con in existence and keeping that precious whale blood pumping is no small task. I just hope that his own heart doesn't increase in scope in the process.

Yup, makes sense.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

As much as I would like to play a game like what was pitched I would much rather see it fail just to spite the awful community that has sprung up around it.

^this
[/quote]

Come on, man. You had a shot to do this. You should have known that 100m would generate a lot of press. These gaming journalists don't care that some stupid space game got funded to $100m. They just want a story. What's far more interesting is the toxic community that has sprung up around Star Citizen and the addiction that people have to buying their DLC. Don't you have tons of examples of the cult like behavior on record now? Share that seed of doubt, and I'm not talking about on your blog or where people have to find you first. It's not always easy to see what's going on from the outside unless you're looking for it intently. There's such an intense propaganda shield right now it's extremely difficult to find fair and balanced discussion about CIG or Star Citizen. A quick search shows VentureBeat, Eurogamer, Gameplanet, HardOCP, and several writing about the $100m funding. Only Forbes raises any questions as to whether or not this actually is a good thing or not.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

I have to say, your contributions to the EVE thread here have been even more fascinating than the ones you make here.

Oh, is there something fun going on in the eve-o thread again?

Dirty Hairy posted:

Come on, man. You had a shot to do this.

He is, Derek Smart. Internet superherowarlord, not internet journo.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I think everyone at CIG should remember that it's never too late to do the right thing. The light abandons no man!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Derek needs to be more pro active, he needs to kick some rear end

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Is Chris Roberts backtracking on post-launch ship sales?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Mirificus posted:

Yes and anyone with the slightest hint of awareness could have seen it coming years ago.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

D_Smart posted:

No. GTFO.

I just got a free ticket to this poo poo show.
I think I'll stay and watch.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

While I'm not into fat shaming or any of that nonsense, I agree. He let himself go and it's all about control. Clearly he can control it since he wasn't this obese at the start of the project. I guess getting a steady - and larger - paycheck means you get to eat as much crap as you want. Therein lies the rub.

Surely a dry rub, probably with sugar.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

pftc posted:

I found something really odd about Wesha.

https://archive.is/rJ8nR
https://archive.is/EHhoa

I'm not going to make any claims or statements. I'm just gonna let the furry speak for themselves.

jfc

e:waaaaiiit a minute. Is wesha seraph?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I already understand that this game won't be everything it's promising to be. But my question to all of you is, will this game be worth playing when it's "done" based on how you've seen the game handled by the devs thus far?

Potentially?? Like that's kinda hard to answer. After everything that's happened since I first saw the Kickstarter for this, I've lost scope on what the game is actually suppose to be.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Lesnik should just commit to a diet and exercise regime, and use the power of positive thinking and visualisation to get himself his dream body. Star Citizen has some of the most ambitious and innovative minds in the gaming industry right now, I'm certain some of techniques employed on the whales could be turned to good, healthy purpose.

It'll only take two weeks to get his weight off if they pooled together their minds and talents. They might have to open a few gyms in other countries, because hey, why reinvent the wheel, but it'll be worth it in the end. You have to spend money to make dreams happen. Lesnik probably dreams of warming his hands with one another, and can you put a price on such a thing?

To anyone doubting me right now, gently caress you. I firmly believe they could do it if they wanted to. I'm not even joking. Look at all that Star Citizen and their staff have accomplished, I mean, I'll admit Sandi might not help all so much, but they could do it! They could make this man healthy. Instead of unburdening whales of their money they will be unburdening their staff member's baggage. Sure, it'll be difficult, they are used to stretch goals, and not the opposite of such a thing after all. But Croberts could look at this one small, good deed as something to truly take away from the Star Citizen experience and put into his memoirs, which will be the cornerstone of the book that'll get self published using convict-funding from within whatever prison homes him eventually.

Basically, what I'm saying is, they definitely have the resources to get liposuction.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

Top five good posters in this thread in memes and gifs (this list is subject to change.)

1. Derek Smart

2. A Neurotic Jew

3. MeLKoR

4. Beer4theBeerGod

5. Eonwe

Runner-up:

Dancing cat man should not just be a runner up. I clearly remember that Eonwe touched the poop when 2.0 went onto the PTU.

e: there was no poop touching.

Dirty Hairy fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 15, 2015

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Oh wow. For the first time ever I had a properly long play session and I must say I had a lot of fun. Not sure others did in the same instance too, but it was great!

Things I've done:

- Camped the landing pad at the FPS area with the assault rifle, managed to wipe out (among others) the 3 man crew of a constellation. Many tears were had.
- Destroyed about 20 landed ships, the funniest was most likely one at Covalex shipping hub, the guy was left stranded and he wasn't happy in chat about it
- had numerous dogfights, some of which I had to run from and was chased from station to station until I managed to fool the guy by jumping, doing a 180 and jumping right back before he arrived
- hid onboard of a constellation and shot the pilot when he wanted to eva out

Overall 10/10 session. I was actually impressed.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

hell yes guys, THE MITTANI BOOK is relaunching its kickstarter in March

for merely 10k you can have your own chapter written in his bad crowdsourced fanfiction

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1318670671/fountain-war-book/posts/1434078

lol

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Madcosby posted:

edit: Imagine if a single video game had a max amount you can spend of $1000 a year. That seems so ridiculously reasonable to anyone with a healthy mindset for video games. Such a model would crush Star Citizen. They prey on retarded people

They'd just get multiple accounts to max each one out on spending.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

quote:

Yes and anyone with the slightest hint of awareness could have seen it coming years ago.

Precisely

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Uh, Niobe flies the Hammer in Revolutions because she loans the Logos to Neo and Trinity and oh poo poo I've outed myself as the one human on earth who actually kind of enjoyed Revolutions :negative:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

3 posted:

Uh, Niobe flies the Hammer in Revolutions because she loans the Logos to Neo and Trinity and oh poo poo I've outed myself as the one human on earth who actually kind of enjoyed Revolutions :negative:

The only scene I remember from that movie was the conversation between a blind Neo and an impaled Trinity. It really showed that Carrie-Anne Moss is a model / actor and not the other way around.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Speaking of anime this ghost in the shell game popped up for me on steam should I buy it? http://firstassault.nexon.net/en-US

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller posted:

Oh, it's not surprising in the slightest. Just noting another broken promise.

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

Home Of The Hottest WADs On The Net

neonbregna posted:

Speaking of anime this ghost in the shell game popped up for me on steam should I buy it? http://firstassault.nexon.net/en-US

no, you shouldn't. it's as bland and mediocre as you'd expect it to be.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Wafflz posted:

Surely a dry rub, probably with sugar.

I think an coffee or espresso rub would turn out better with all the layers of fat.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

Oh, it's not surprising in the slightest. Just noting another broken promise.

As I recall, the plan has always been for starter ships and UEC to be available for purchase from CIG after the game was done. Is something different being said now?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dirty Hairy posted:

Dancing cat man should not just be a runner up. I clearly remember that Eonwe touched the poop when 2.0 went onto the PTU.
Yeah dancing cat should be higher but I forgot.

But changing it is too much effort for this time of day.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like Star Citizen is just an excuse for nerds to argue over which fictional characters are better pilots.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
Dancing cat man and eonwe are the best posters. Eonwe has done good work in the eve thread today

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

newmans_owned posted:

no, you shouldn't. it's as bland and mediocre as you'd expect it to be.

Now I am sad. You could of lied to me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

I should stop posting there again.

It is kinda sad that most people throw you in the "PL Mouthpiece" pile with idiots like Xolve. You do good posts. Sometimes its kinda surprising how many people are unable to see beyond the narrative and propaganda poo poo.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

Now I am sad. You could of lied to me

Instead of that game, you should buy Star Citizen DLC. The more money you spend, the more respect you will have. Men will want to be you. Women will want to be with you. Just ask The Wulge, Wesha, and Kurt M. They are amazing people.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012
Refund requested for my $40 USD. We'll see how this goes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wulfling posted:

It is kinda sad that most people throw you in the "PL Mouthpiece" pile with idiots like Xolve. You do good posts. Sometimes its kinda surprising how many people are unable to see beyond the narrative and propaganda poo poo.

Thanks friend. I don't fault people for falling into that mindset, it's just them believing whatever it is that makes them feel right. It's even more annoying though when they do that in a non-EVE related game/thread.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
As many will tell you, just go straight to chargeback. If that's not an option, do the CS retard dance that I'm doing and play super nice and wait two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Iglocska posted:

The only scene I remember from that movie was the conversation between a blind Neo and an impaled Trinity. It really showed that Carrie-Anne Moss is a model / actor and not the other way around.

Oh gently caress off. She's great in a ton of other movies where Wachowski direction doesn't stunt her.

• Locked thread