Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Brosnan posted:

Is there a payoff to going balls-out on the settlement building stuff?

Cool visuals, scratching the SimCity itch, and and endless supply of Adhesive. That's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Kea posted:

Yes food and water pass through supply routes.

The requirement of your settlements will be satisfied with available food/water via trade routes. However, the extra food/water produced will be placed into the workshop storage for that settlement. If you want to collect the water for selling, you'll have to go to each individual location. However, you will be able to craft from the larger pool.

Brosnan posted:

Is there a payoff to going balls-out on the settlement building stuff?

You can pay for all your purchases with purified water if you go all out on water purifiers. Nordham Beach or The Castle has room for a ton of them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Entropic posted:

Cool visuals, scratching the SimCity itch, and and endless supply of Adhesive. That's about it.

I also make a decent amount of caps with excess water

also RE: settlements sharing resourced:

god damnit

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

in the ini editor, there's a checkbox for infinite workshop items. Does that mean there's no limit on the number of items you can build in a settlement, or something else? I just tried it and loaded up a save of mine and it seems like I'm still capped for building more things at The Castle...

Get all of your gunz, missile launchers stuff like that, no melee, i think,
drop it on the ground, just drop it all, then go into crafting mode, and use the tab to store things, its a little tedious, but it makes your building cap go down, if it does not go down enough, repeat.

Babe Magnet posted:

I also make a decent amount of caps with excess water

also RE: settlements sharing resourced:

god damnit

Water replaced caps for me, spectacle isle is going to be my bank.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I thought stuff like water and food didn't pass through trade routes? Oh man oh gently caress, I've been wasting so much time and concrete

It's really hard to tell if you don't know, because the connected settlements will still show 0 food/water. But it won't give you warnings about being low and it will satisfy the settlers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Artillery and minuteman support is also legit good for most of the game, it's really only after you hit the point where you're finger of God-ing everything anyway that the added support goes out of style

And even when it does, throwing artillery on something still rules

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Where do you get more smoke grenades for artillery?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Babe Magnet posted:

They just show up in your settlement's workshop inventory if you've built artillery there, as near as I can tell.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Oh sick I should check those.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Babe Magnet posted:

I've only ever found them in two places:

1. The original crate that holds them in the Castle Armory will refill whenever you visit.
2. Sanctuary Workbench, which is strange as I have no artillery there.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Advanced Zones is good. More spawns is poo poo that will gently caress your save, just a weekly reminder to not use that mod.

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

-have any of the rubble remover/area cleanup mods been developed that don't mess with power armor/chests in the zone?

The INI version of Spring Cleaning does this, at the expense of performance (apparently - I've not seen any performance issues using versions <= 1.08.)

Sharrow fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 15, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Zodium posted:

adjusted encounter zones (very pro-install)

Yeah that largely eliminates level scaling and it sounds like he's looking for something that keeps levels scaling so you are always fighting something comparable to your level. So am I.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

resetting encounter zone levels (what you are probably asking about) is something that can only be done by quest script one-time or through F4SE, which of course is not feasible right now because there is no creation kit

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl- have you posted any of your weapon re-balancing work to nexus?

unrelated- while browsing Nexus can be pretty painful, it is fun to spot little things that you didn't think of as problems before but realize you'd like to fix once you see a mod for it. I found one for tougher cars and I was like "yeah! I am kind of tired of every npc firefight happening two blocks away from me causing a massive explosion!"

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 15, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Better Armor and Weapon naming and sorting. Changes the naming convention so that the base item is always listed first (e.g. "Hunting Rifle", "Combat Armor Left Arm") followed by mod effects. More importantly, it supposedly distinguishes between the Regular, Sturdy, and Heavy versions of armor when they are found with preexisting mods (in base game this information is left out). I don't think any of the other UI inventory sorters currently do this.

You apparently need to apply any weapon/armor mod to preexisting gear for this to work, but any newly found loot will have the new naming convention.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl- have you posted any of your weapon re-balancing work to nexus?
no but if anyone wants it there when i'm done i'll put it up there

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

no but if anyone wants it there when i'm done i'll put it up there

I probably need to re-read all the things your doing and see if anything would really bother me, but I suspect that wouldn't be the case and in general I think a re-balance would be really good from what I saw in my first playthrough.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Falken posted:

Hey, Amstrad!

Any of these of any use to you?

...I spent more time than I'd like to admit on this.

Autism is one hell of a condition. And yes, I'm jealous. My bar looks like some hobo hole in comparison.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I probably need to re-read all the things your doing and see if anything would really bother me, but I suspect that wouldn't be the case and in general I think a re-balance would be really good from what I saw in my first playthrough.
the only thing that people might be bothered with is the prospect of scrolling to the bottom and choosing the last mod available not always being the best idea

oh, and the fact that you will probably crit like a motherfucker when you get a "higher tier" reciever in place of doing more :effort: damage

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the only thing that people might be bothered with is the prospect of scrolling to the bottom and choosing the last mod available not always being the best idea

oh, and the fact that you will probably crit like a motherfucker when you get a "higher tier" reciever in place of doing more :effort: damage

I'd probably be a bit annoyed by the second since I don't use VATS a ton, but so long as the damage and enemy health is generally balanced to keep bullet sponges from occurring too often, I'm happy.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Hammerstein posted:

Autism is one hell of a condition. And yes, I'm jealous. My bar looks like some hobo hole in comparison.
Nah, I just dreamed to own a bar for a long time. :v:

Also, if I had the money I'd commision some Italian coffee machine company to make me an espresso machine like the crazy fucker that's in F4.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Falken posted:

Also, if I had the money I'd commision some Italian coffee machine company to make me an espresso machine like the crazy fucker that's in F4.
Personally, I'd go for the Port-A-Diner.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Personally, I'd go for the Port-A-Diner.
Your children will have died from old age before they could get that loving pie.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Falken posted:

Your children will have died from old age before they could get that loving pie.

You don't use it to feed them, you use it to keep them occupied. Like leaving the TV on.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god this OCDecorator update is crazy-go-nuts awesome. Even though the list of items isn't complete, there's more than enough to make every aspect of your settlement look inhabited. Your Power Armour garage can be littered with tools and scrap metal, Dogmeat can have a bowlful of food and bones littering his house, your medical wing can be stocked with all the tools a doctor would require and your bars can look like the place to be. I can't reccomend the mod enough, it's one of those things that you'd expect Bethesda would've done in the first place if they had any sense.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Yeah I will have to avoid your mod because I can count on the fingers of one head how many times Ive used VATS this last playthrough.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Falken posted:

The first time I ever used a Port-a-Diner I got the piece of pie, but I've never been able to get it ever again :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I'd probably be a bit annoyed by the second since I don't use VATS a ton, but so long as the damage and enemy health is generally balanced to keep bullet sponges from occurring too often, I'm happy.
i'm building it in these pieces:
-weapon component changes
-weapon base stats (mostly tuned upwards in damage)
-companion weapon stats (ditto)
-resistance scaling tweak (armor no longer 6.666...x as effective as advertised plus minimum damage raised to 20% like NV)

mostly because people want to use other changes for one or more of these categories

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Alabaster White posted:

The first time I ever used a Port-a-Diner I got the piece of pie, but I've never been able to get it ever again :(

Wait, the Port-a-Diner actually works?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have two pies :smug:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Falken posted:

Hey, Amstrad!

Thanks for uploading this on the mod page.

LumberingTroll posted:

Did you give them their own sub menu? Id hate to have to scroll through all those colors to get to the next tier.

I included an installer that lets you choose your preference for color on all 18 stores instead.
So it still just adds a single item for each level of store, but each of those can be whatever color you prefer.
You could make all your bar registers red if you like, or have tier 1 be red, 2 be blue and 3 be green or whatever.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Very low chance apparently. Maybe it's Luck based?

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 15, 2015

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

poo poo, next thing you're gonna tell me is that you can bring aeris back to life

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:shittypop:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I have an idea for a companion mod that I want to start working on once the G.E.C.K. for this game comes out. However, I've never done any modding before. Not sure how different a mod for this game would be as opposed to other Bethesda games, but I thought it might be worth asking for general guides and advice to making mods, particularly companion mods.

What are some things I should know?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Perfectly_preserved_pie

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

:ducksiren: :eyepop: :ducksiren:

not an emptyquote

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay so I looked in the op but I guess it hasn't been updated with those settlement mods? Gonna do a gun playthrough and I figure maybe I'll give a poo poo and try to fix up my settlements. Which ones will make it easier/make them look better?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CommissarMega posted:

Hell yes, two-pie club represent!

The second one took way too long, but it was worth it because I got to give it to this poor cat who was wandering around an empty diner with no food.

He gave no fucks so I took it back from him. Ungrateful little poo poo :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Hell yes, two-pie club represent!

The second one took way too long, but it was worth it because I got to give it to this poor cat who was wandering around an empty diner with no food.

He gave no fucks so I took it back from him. Ungrateful little poo poo :mad:

Cats. Cats never change.

• Locked thread