Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

can you seriously not get a bank account with 4 figgies? i had one when i was a 6 yer old

No you didn't.

Your parents did with your name on it so the checks said Your Name but it was in your parents actual accountability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

can you seriously not get a bank account with 4 figgies? i had one when i was a 6 yer old

its rly bad 2 be super poor. i think he has some lien against him also. he is a good dude tho who does good work. sux

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
anyways, im a bad boy for starting this derail. NO MAS!

------------------------------ 8< ------------------------------------------------

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

a lot of four figgie fucktards probably overdrafted enough times (back before regulations require that poo poo to be opt in instead of on by default on your debit cards) and didnt pay off all the overdraft fees so they're in chexsystems and cant open an account anywhere

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

its rly bad 2 be super poor. i think he has some lien against him also. he is a good dude tho who does good work. sux

this is not the appropriate regard a 5 figgy fucktard would hold for someone poorer than them! mods??!?!

e:too late!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

No you didn't.

Your parents did with your name on it so the checks said Your Name but it was in your parents actual accountability.

right, but like they aren't going to let a 6 year old take out a loan or overdraw the account. if the basic "you got no money or credit" account is limited to "put money in, take money out, no overdrafts, no charge and no interest" then what's the bank's concern exactly

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

right, but like they aren't going to let a 6 year old take out a loan or overdraw the account. if the basic "you got no money or credit" account is limited to "put money in, take money out, no overdrafts, no charge and no interest" then what's the bank's concern exactly

banks dont care about poor ppl. folks can we move this discussion to the normal LF theead (tech bubble) kuz ima probe for it starting on the next page (sniper test also)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*runs 4 electric space heaters for $999999999999999 kuz the gas furnace is done gone broked*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*installs a malware adblock that actually jjust injects interstitial ads*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*uses auto hotkey to click button in excel instead of writing an excel macro or vba thing*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

at the grocery store *pulls out a wallet full of 8 different credit cards* no, honey, here, use this one, the rewards are better for groceries

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

at the grocery store *pulls out a wallet full of 8 different credit cards* no, honey, here, use this one, the rewards are better for groceries

pretty sure sulk makes more than 100 big ones dude

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

at the grocery store *pulls out a wallet full of 8 different credit cards* no, honey, here, use this one, it's not maxed out yet

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im going to let u choose whether to fatality him or let him live

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

tbh it's not the next page yet

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

it's not fair to expect such 5 figgy familiarity from everyone. i will show mercy.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

*owns literally any product made by acer*

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i knew this, well, girl, isn't quite the right word, but lady doesn't fit either and she wasn't quite old enough to be a woman, i called her "my last cigarette" because thats the phrase she would most often say out loud through her random black 45 degree angle teeth. no matter if anyone asked her, "this is my last cigarette". she must've said it 12 times a day. her 2nd most frequent phrase was something about having a negative checking account balance because of over draft fees

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i worked at a dry cleaners before college, this was in the south so ofc i was the white face in the front taking the money while everyone that did the actual work was black ladies in the back sweating over some kind of iron or machine. it was really hosed up. the day i asked for the job i got a key to the place from the owner, "unlock the back gate tomorrow at 6AM". i show up and i have to unlock the gate to let in everyone else, some of the people'd worked there for over a decade, and i had the key. real weird and hosed up. anyways i realized how hosed up it was so i'd help them out by putting those foam things on coat hangers for them, or running to the store to get drinks. anyways i got to hear them gossip about the "poor" women that worked at a dry cleaners on the bad side of town owned by the same dude. apparently they'd shoot raccoons and cook them up on site! really hosed up imo.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Smythe posted:

i have a 4 figgy fucktard who works for me and has no bank account. been considering this epic strat for him b/c otherwise the check cashing places take a big cut.

its probably better than check cashing joints but it veers dangerouosly close to company store bullshit for my tastes

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I Sold My Soul to the Company Store (and I Liked It)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

it's not fair to expect such 5 figgy familiarity from everyone. i will show mercy.

you are a kind man. If you remain in the Steel City I fear it shall make you hard and cold - resist it you must. (Feeling the star wars feels ....)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Moneyball posted:

Anyone with Chase- I've read a bunch of negative reviews complaining that they pay on the due date, but it isn't processed until a few days later, resulting in late fees. Is that just people making an error like paying manually after 5pm on the day it's due, or something like this? http://consumerist.com/2009/10/23/chase-sets-early-payment-trap-customer-falls-into-it/

I see that's dated 2009. Was that remedied by the CARD act?

I'm skittish about any new late payments, so I've paid a week early. Should I just set it to auto minimum and not stress? (0% APR currently)

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

drat LOL

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Smythe posted:

pretty sure sulk makes more than 100 big ones dude

brutal

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

i regularly use the qualifier "well, it's new to me" when talking about my purchases

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
we're having a gender reveal party

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have to sacrifice my morning Starbucks for a few days this week, need to see Star Wars. I'll just have to drink the office brew... blech

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

craisins posted:

we're having a gender reveal party

lol

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
gosh is it noon yet, can't take lunch until the boss tells me

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Smythe posted:

Flawless victory. Probing the fool for his epic fail.

i accept my probe but contest it on grounds that the average five figure desk jockey has no idea how to take care of that pair of dockers his mom made him get for his grandma's funeral 10 years ago

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

why did you buy me a shirt that is dry clean only for christmas??!?

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
I took out money from my 401k to take my girlfriend of one month to a Disney World resort. We're going to be together forever.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
My favorite sport is Quidditch.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i'm not going to be on the internet this week to avoid star wars spoilers! i don't want it ruined for me, the movie.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
I support smokers' rights.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
vaping

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

I mix my own e-juice with ones I bought from China off of eBay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
yeah I'd love to get season tickets one day but for now it's fine because no one ever goes to Indians games so I can get the same seat as the season ticket holders with a bleacher ticket and a cigarette to bribe the usher.

• Locked thread