Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Look at these assholes with their house and their kids and their dog! Playing with a loving toy, is there no decency? SHAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Illavick posted:

Look at these assholes with their house and their kids and their dog! Playing with a loving toy, is there no decency? SHAME.

Wanna meet dat mom doe!!!!

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Illavick posted:

These parents make me loving sick. Don't they understand that every second of captured footage must be free of any modern symbols of frivolous consumerism? What Millennial trash

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

That looks like a pretty cool dad to me. Spreading the fun around the with his overpriced toy.
That family looks a little too photogenic. Is this a commercial?

JB50 posted:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Automatic Slim posted:

Nah, that's just how people look when they devote even a moment of their time to hygiene and their appearance.

naem
May 29, 2011

Scooting your kids around in a laundry basket is a time honored tradition

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, that's just how people look when they devote even a moment of their time to hygiene and their appearance.

Yeah, but they have at least two kids, which means they don't have a moment of time.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I hate the young

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I meant The yung

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
that guy with the light up skate board has a very wide and feminine bottom...... wonder how much soy milk he chugs on any given day

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

a starwar betamax posted:

that guy with the light up skate board has a very wide and feminine bottom...... wonder how much soy milk he chugs on any given day

go on...

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

they are bad people because they are more concerned with *taking pictures of being twee hipster parents* than they are of actually, perhaps, being adults and raising children that will be able to survive in a post-millennial world...

imo

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

they are bad people because they are more concerned with *taking pictures of being twee hipster parents* than they are of actually, perhaps, being adults and raising children that will be able to survive in a post-millennial world...

imo

They're not bad people. There's a just generational line in which younger people watch the world through a screen instead of living in it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Well they're obviously living in it pretty successfully

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Strategic Tea posted:

Well they're obviously living in it pretty successfully

Maybe. Nothing's definitive with a 5 sec. gif. On the other hand, those children will never, ever see their mother's face with their own eyes. Only through watching a screen because a loving camera is always in front of her face filming poo poo.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I think it is not a new thing, 1980 baby here- my dad had a vhs video camera (loving brick of a thing) and we were filmed doing all sorts of dumb stuff. Including playing on a BBC microcomputer which I guess would be the equivalent of an Ipad back in 1983. My grandma filmed my mum in the 60s on a super 8 camera. It's not new, wanting to record all the inane poo poo, it's just way more prevalent now coz it is so much easier and cheaper to share.

They do kind of look like a bit of a smug pair of bastards though. I thought I was in the Schadenfreude thread for a second and was expecting him to fall on the kid or put his head through the door. Disappointed.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

JB50 posted:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I had to skim read this article as I was cringing so hard.

http://io9.com/force-friday-was-a-disaster-for-many-star-wars-fans-1728765957

quote:

I’d been looking forward to this for months: Force Friday, the big reveal and release of the first toys from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I’d previously lined up for toys from Episodes I, II and III—and VII was going to be no different. But this Force Friday was a truly awful experience.

And the scary thing is, I’m not the only one. After I ranted on Twitter, I got dozens of people telling me the same thing. That their Force Friday sucked because retailers severely understocked on the most popular items—action figures. People who waited hours got only a fraction of what was on their wish list, if at all. Lots of people had a great time, make no mistake, but that wasn’t the case for me and lots of others.

So here’s my Force Friday story. Though I live in Los Angeles, I’m spending Labor Day weekend with some friends who live in Walnut Creek, CA, just outside of Oakland. We specifically booked a flight late Thursday night so we could land and head right to Force Friday, which is what we did. We got to the Toys “R” Us in Pleasant Hill, CA at 11 p.m.—later than I wanted, but still okay.

Why Toys “R” Us? Well the Targets in the area weren’t opening at midnight and Toys “R” Us was giving out an exclusive Lego piece, seen above. Not set, piece. One piece. Better than nothing. When we arrived, there were about 30 people in line. That’s a lot, but not crazy.

Time flew by, talking and joking in the brisk northern California evening. The smell of nearby In & Out didn’t hurt either. As we got closer. Toys “R” Us employees came outside and got us pumped up. “Are you ready for Star Wars?” they screamed. “I can’t hear you in the back of the line!” This unbridled enthusiasm surely suggested everyone in line would be leaving happy.

At 11:59 p.m., a person dressed as Geoffrey, the Toys “R” Us giraffe, came out to take photos. He had a lightsaber. Simultaneously, one of the employees handed over our exclusive Lego piece. Then the doors opened. The line, which included several very drunk young men at the front who’d been there most of the day I assume, was actually pretty civil. We were even handed a cool Kylo Ren poster upon entrance.

Then, as the single file line worked their way back to the Star Wars aisle, you started to see the people at the front walk out with huge piles in their hands. A sign said each customer was limited to only 3 of each individual item but still, it was scary. “Are the Legos in there?” asked one gentleman. “No, they’re a few aisles down,” responded another employee. Quickly the line broke in two.

I stayed in the normal line while I told my fiance, who I dragged along with me, to head to the Lego line. I couldn’t buy anything big because I’d have to ship it home, but a small piece couldn’t hurt. She was back with my Rey Speeder before the 25 or so people in front of me made their way through the aisle.

When I turned the corner, it looked like there hadn’t been any toys at all. One or two 3 ¾ inch figures hung on the 20 or so pegs. The 6 inch Black Series pegs, of which there were significantly less, were empty. Lots of other pegs were empty too. The Funko Pops had been decimated, with just a few Finns and Reys remaining. I eyed a Captain Phasma near the back but as I made my way to grab it, someone in front of me got it. I looked around. There were a few larger items, a few smaller items tied to the original trilogy, but almost everything Kylo Ren, Finn, Rey, Poe or Phasma was gone. And all of the figures. I asked the employees if they had more in the back. They said they didn’t. Even if they were uninformed or lying, I’d never know. I did another scope of the aisle and then went over to see the Lego.

There, things were a little less bleak. Several of the high end Lego Millennium Falcons were available, as was Poe Dameron’s X-Wing, but nowhere to be seen was Kylo Ren’s ship or a few other sets. I asked the gentleman who mentioned the Lego before if he was happy. “No—they didn’t have all the sets. How can they not have all the sets?”

I looked at my Rey’s Speeder Lego and debated just putting it down. I had been so excited to geek out with Star Wars fans and now I just felt terrible. I decided to take it just so this wasn’t a total waste. While checking out, one of those drunk kids was next to me. “Tenth in line. Tenth in loving line, and I got one figure I wanted. How the hell is that possible? I’ve been here all day.” Just as he said that, a man walked by us, on the phone bragging: “I got em all, three Kylo Rens.” The drunk kid yelled, “It’s cause of assholes like that I didn’t get my figures. You really should have handled this better.” The employee just shrugged. I walked out, bitched on Twitter—as we do—and found I wasn’t alone.

Some fans even started a Hashtag, #FarceFriday

I love Star Wars. I love collecting. And I’m not sure who is to blame here. Did Hasbro and the other manufactures not make enough product, hoping to raise demand by cutting supply? Or did Toys “R” Us, Target and others just not order enough, severely underestimating the power of Star Wars? I don’t know. What I do know is that Force Friday was a major let down for some. And while others certainly got what they wanted, and everyone will be able to get all these products in the weeks, months and years ahead, it still sucks for even a few to be left with such a bad taste after so much buildup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsrei58-VPA

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
can't belive that bitch has time to use a phone when she has kids. don't have a family myself,, i'm atheist, but if that was my familky, nobody would record or film anything, i wouldn't allow it. we'd sit at the dinner table and look each other straight in the eyes, and if the phone rings, we'd just let it ring, & the kids would eat their vegetables, too, not the sugary bullshit cereal that the millenials mom and dad probably let they kids eat, hell they probably eat it themselves, never having growign up. it's the children i'm sad for really, the parents chocse this lazy life of consumer complacency of their own accord, but the kids; probably none of them willbe able to code worth sh*t simply because of how their parents and "improvred" userinterfaces will shelter them from the real world where some of us grew up having to blow into NES cartridges

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Automatic Slim posted:

That looks like a pretty cool dad to me. Spreading the fun around the with his overpriced toy.

they look liek a vlogger family to me like those shitfarts who end their name with fart or tard or something and make millions whoring their personal life out on youtube.

e: shaytards (3 mil subs) O _ o

ee: millenial topic : vloggers

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 15, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

idk looks to me like they are being reared in a house of love, nothing ever wrong with that...prob much too young to be practicing how to balance a checkbook or whatever. dad should probably stop playing with the kids toys though and go give mommy some head tho

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

awww looks like a nice family having fun

imo
????? what a dumb idiot leap to make.

Mariana Horchata posted:

idk looks to me like they are being reared in a house of love, nothing ever wrong with that...prob much too young to be practicing how to balance a checkbook or whatever.
Nothin better than gen-xers gettin mad at how warm family life could have been if their parents hadnt been un-warm assholes

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This thread is worse than Millennials.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This thread, it never was anything else but this, but this thread is just goons being hateful and not funny. Its actually goon.txt

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Ok guys pack it up, you heard em, thread's over

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

KoRMaK posted:

Nothin better than gen-xers gettin mad at how warm family life could have been if their parents hadnt been un-warm assholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
30-something nearing on 40 gbs style goon IT worker, sitting in a 1 room apartment that smells of sweat and rear end, looking at funny pictures of millenials inbetween playing on line games that tricks his brain into thinking he is doing something worthwhile by releasing dopamin when he presses the mouse buttons faster than a child, his eye catching the big gif of the happy family: it seems to me that society is bull poo poo, some how

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

This is actually true. These people are happy, love each other, and clearly like being around one another Having come from a family that had none of these qualities, it's very uncomfortable to watch.

Wanna meet dat mom though…

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 15, 2015

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Grandmother of Five posted:

30-something nearing on 40 gbs style goon IT worker, sitting in a 1 room apartment that smells of sweat and rear end, looking at funny pictures of millenials inbetween playing on line games that tricks his brain into thinking he is doing something worthwhile by releasing dopamin when he presses the mouse buttons faster than a child, his eye catching the big gif of the happy family: it seems to me that society is bull poo poo, some how

Lmao

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

day mom

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Stinky_Pete posted:

Why would she enjoy a playwright who perpetuates gender roles?

men acting as women acting as men, kissing men acting as men who are attracted to men acting as women acting as men

it's the queerest thing in town boyo

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 15, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol when it tells you the money won't go through bc you look like poo poo today

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Automatic Slim posted:

They're not bad people. There's a just generational line in which younger people watch the world through a screen instead of living in it.

the previous two generations just watched fictional lives on a screen, fed to them from someone trying to sell them stuff. we sure have come a long way: now we are hypnotized by the process of making our own content.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Im glad people funnier than me are commenting on the people horrified at that gif. I spent ages waiting for it to load expecting something terrible to happen and it didnt. Also the mum is fit af.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is it so hard to write out "as gently caress?" Where's the fun in vulgarity when you self censor?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

notZaar posted:

Is it so hard to write out "as gently caress?" Where's the fun in vulgarity when you self censor?
:oldsay:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

notZaar posted:

George Carlin is dead, the world will never be the same.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

notZaar posted:

I just like typing 'af'. I think it looks cool, too.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

opus111 posted:

I just like typing 'af'. I think it looks cool, too.

p. cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Grandmother of Five posted:

• Locked thread