Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

The best revenge a man can have is living well. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Crowley posted:

The best revenge a man can have is living well. :cheers:

Technically, it's making GBS threads in your boss's printer before you leave. But that's a close second.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

spog posted:

Technically, it's making GBS threads in your boss's printer before you leave. But that's a close second.

In no way can the response I came here to post measure up to this.

:cheers:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fuckin' congrats man!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

get some shrimp and put them in the drop ceiling

the smell will be terrible in a few weeks and very difficult to trace

:haw:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

He already left the place this is just leaving funemployment

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

spankmeister posted:

get some shrimp and put them in the drop ceiling

the smell will be terrible in a few weeks and very difficult to trace

:haw:

Sounds like someone that is speaking from experience...

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Prost!

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

spog posted:

Didn't some poster poo poo in their boss' potted plant?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Is this the place across the road from the old one? If so, I can't wait for more CE stories

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Congratulations! Now you get to complain about the education system and all who inhabit it.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

GreenNight posted:

Good luck. We got six. After a year 3 of them have dead wifi chips. Since it's past a year, no warranty so they can't be fixed.

We've delivered 30 to our remote users, I've got one, a few others have them.

Only one that broke so far was one that was dropped, other than that, they've been fantastic. Set them up to image via System Center. Sales guy fucks it up, re-image!

edit: these are all SP3s, we have a batch of SP4s coming in that I'm going to nab and give my SP3 out to someone else.

I've been running win10 on it for a month now, no issues at all, but all the production ones are 8.1

DigitalMocking fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 15, 2015

frogbert
Jun 2, 2007
Oh man my first confirmed Cisco software bug. I'd feel special if there wasn't a bunch of people who couldn't use the Internet.

I think I've implemented a workaround but I have no idea how stable it is. Whats the best timeframe to give the all clear?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

frogbert posted:

Oh man my first confirmed Cisco software bug. I'd feel special if there wasn't a bunch of people who couldn't use the Internet.

I think I've implemented a workaround but I have no idea how stable it is. Whats the best timeframe to give the all clear?

Never. Whatever happens after this is your fault forever because you did something to the network :v:.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

You're The Man Now Dog

Congrats man! Now give us details.

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Congrats Dude.

First Class News

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I propose that YotJ is to be replaced with YotL

Year of the larchesdanrew

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Fuckin yessssssssssssssssssssssss

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

MJP posted:

I propose that YotJ is to be replaced with YotL

Year of the larchesdanrew

Much better than YotDT, no offense DT.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sheep posted:

Didn't some poster poo poo in their boss' potted plant?

My mother used to work at the retirement home next to our house when I was a kid, and the workers kept complaining about a really foul smell in the corridors so long that first they got someone to inspect all the air ducts (which was expensive and time-consuming back then because they didn't have fiberoptic cameras or any of that poo poo) and then all the plumbing, finding nothing. Next thing would've been tearing up (or down?) ceilings to see if there was a dead cat there or something but fortunately someone came to work unusually early one morning and spotted one of the occupants quietly walking around the hallways with a kids' sand bucket and shovel, carefully mixing some poo in with the dirt in all the plant pots (in case you've never seen a Nordic retirement home or other such facility, there's probably a lot of Monstera deliciosas and Sansevieria trifasciatas around).

Welp that's my poo story for this evening hope you have a nice day and god bless.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Old people are hosed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

Old people are hosed.

True. Human poo isn't even a good fertilizer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Speaking of fibreoptics, thanks to the demo unit we got in the sales office, I now know what the inside of my nose looks like.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Speaking of fibreoptics, thanks to the demo unit we got in the sales office, I now know what the inside of my nose looks like.

I feel like I have to quote this. This is amazing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Next stop, the butt.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

SubjectVerbObject posted:

Much better than YotDT, no offense DT.

My thoughts exactly, though :yotdt: could probably just be :gooncamp: or something.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

A ticket came in.

Level3 just had some issues routing through Chicago so all our east coast clients all sent in tickets. Looks to be good now after 30 minutes of clients panicking.

Isn't Level3 the carrier that ran out of IPv4 space in their routers and caused the whole internet to slow down for a day or two?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Alighieri posted:

Isn't Level3 the carrier that ran out of IPv4 space in their routers and caused the whole internet to slow down for a day or two?

If it's what I'm thinking of, it was a BGP issue effecting a specific model of cisco edge router. Wasn't really specific to a specific carrier.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Renegret posted:

If it's what I'm thinking of, it was a BGP issue effecting a specific model of cisco edge router. Wasn't really specific to a specific carrier.

http://www.bgpmon.net/what-caused-todays-internet-hiccup/

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Mixtape guy came in again.

This time he had another CD he made along with copies of a newsletter (read: 3 page single-sided word document). I politely refused both but I discovered that after stopping at my store, he stopped at the deli where I go to get lunch. I got some screenshots of the newsletter he left at the deli.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I would like to subscribe to this newsletter.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That is the friendliest zine I have ever seen.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I got a cheap inspection scope at Costco a little while ago, and that's literally the first thing I did with it after unboxing it.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Kaethela posted:

I would like to subscribe to this newsletter.

+1

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aw yiss :woop: :slick: :cheers:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
But how was the mixtape?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Want to know more about Aretha franklyn.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

stubblyhead posted:

But how was the mixtape?

I didn't buy his second mixtape. I still have his first one lying around somewhere, never listened to it. The lady I talked to at the Deli brought him up. "He came in a while ago and I bought a CD from him. It was awful!"

Here's a song by him: https://soundcloud.com/claytg/coffee-and-buns

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Thanks

I remember this event, it was a fun day at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

I got a cheap inspection scope at Costco a little while ago, and that's literally the first thing I did with it after unboxing it.

What a time to be alive!

• Locked thread