Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

holy poo poo the singing is amazing. I need this and a PS4 immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Cowman posted:

holy poo poo the singing is amazing. I need this and a PS4 immediately.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

If only the wing diver sang. It's my favourite class by far otherwise. Yep, just gonna fly in a circle round this giant robot and saw it into pieces with my mother loving LASER CHAINSAW. I also love flying up inside UFOs and taking them out with a rapier, screaming EDF! when it explodes and firing plasma cannons at the insects on the ground below.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Is this gem coming to steam?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I would happily give them another 50 bux if they put this on steam.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Glad you got these, my view from the tank was much less interesting.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Captain Gordon posted:

Is this gem coming to steam?

it was in a steamdb leak that included some known games and Half Life 3 so take that as you will. I hope it's coming to steam :allears:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was reading a Japanese EDF WIki through google translate tonight and found the part of the FAQ that seems to be answering "Should I play this game?"

I like sum game.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
insects hate-poor

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Light Gun Man posted:

Was reading a Japanese EDF WIki through google translate tonight and found the part of the FAQ that seems to be answering "Should I play this game?"

I like sum game.

You want sum game?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Is anything more inspirational than EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ok, Zangeki no Reginleiv loving owns. I just started replaying it and turned some giant motherfucker into a limbless torso with 2 or 3 stabs from my lightning spear. The lightning bolts simply tore him to pieces with every stab.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

dis astranagant posted:

Ok, Zangeki no Reginleiv loving owns. I just started replaying it and turned some giant motherfucker into a limbless torso with 2 or 3 stabs from my lightning spear. The lightning bolts simply tore him to pieces with every stab.

They should port that up to PS4 and XSEED could bring it out as Norse Defense Force.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

They should port that up to PS4 and XSEED could bring it out as Norse Defense Force.

Nintendo paid for it so that's not likely to happen.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
So what is the online population looking like for the english release? Haven't even gotten around to picking it up due to already getting tired of the import long ago. That, and being tied up by another long game with giant robots for the past week or so.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
All the reviews are saying this game is a horrible mess of bugs (but still great) but still extremely buggy. What kind of bugs are we talking about here? Just general wonkiness or actual game breaking stuff?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I have yet to encounter anything truly bad. There have been some hilarious havoc freakouts involving launching players/vehicles/enemies super long distances but that's about all I've seen.

You still get the occasional enemy caught outside the level confines but if you have the range to shoot them or a homing weapon you can still take them out.

edit: There is also an occasional but not super common disconnect but who knows if that's the game or my internet or what. One time I had to reset my PS4 because it decided I had bad NAT settings out of nowhere, that was probably the worst. Again though, one time.

2017 portable has a much worse issue where Vitas will fill their memory up after too many enemies or something and on certain levels the next wave will never spawn and you'll have to retreat. This is fixed by having everyone restart their systems.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 15, 2015

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

how me a frog posted:

All the reviews are saying this game is a horrible mess of bugs (but still great) but still extremely buggy. What kind of bugs are we talking about here?
Giant ants and hornets, as well as spiders if those count as bugs. :haw: ...I'll just go away now.

Seriously though, I didn't notice anything wrong with the Japanese version when I played it. Unless the US release is somehow buggier, you should be fine.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
idk if the spider webs hitting you through buildings is a bug or working as intended but it's total bullshit

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

how me a frog posted:

All the reviews are saying this game is a horrible mess of bugs (but still great) but still extremely buggy. What kind of bugs are we talking about here? Just general wonkiness or actual game breaking stuff?

Only thing I've ran into was an enemy continually falling through the level (and then looping through and falling again according to the radar) in one of the cave levels. Forced our group to restart. Happened once in ~10 hours though.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Ok, when is this out in Europe? I missed the goon rush on 360 but I'm PS4'd up and want to kill some bugs over Christmas.

Also; what happened to the animated gif in the op with the turret helicopter?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I_Socom posted:

Ok, when is this out in Europe? I missed the goon rush on 360 but I'm PS4'd up and want to kill some bugs over Christmas.

Also; what happened to the animated gif in the op with the turret helicopter?
It's still there. minus might be blocking SA in referrer now.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

How do you fly the helicopter? I couldn't even figure out how to take off. I swear I pushed every button on the controller.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Day Man posted:

How do you fly the helicopter? I couldn't even figure out how to take off. I swear I pushed every button on the controller.

You have to hold L2 for a long time, they're not very responsive. Also the only way to descend is to not hold a button until you start falling.

Helicopters are really hard to fly

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
However, if you get good with them helos are very safe against a lot of enemies and can do a lot of damage.

The secret to flying them is just pretend that they take 7 seconds to reflect what you are doing because they basically do. Be patient and wait for them to swing into position and be careful not to oversteer. Once you master that you can actually do ok with them. They are never going to be great but they can stay aloft indefinitely and that's not something to overlook.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Are there any levels that a re especially good for farming up armor? I have started to really like playing fencer but my friends and I are fairly deep into the game on hard and he gets obliterated with around default armor and I was hoping to get him up to speed by grinding a bit.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
All vehicles of sufficient level for what mission/difficulty you're doing are incredibly effective with appropriate usage, especially helicopters and the new spider tank. They definitely take some practice, even the bog-standard tanks and Vegaltas. Its well worth it though, and enables a good Air Raider to punch far harder than they should.

The exception is the SDL-series motorbike+sidecar combo. Those are super-hard to use and only good at rapid, unsafe transport. I miss the cool, but equally-bad hoverbikes from EDF2017, because you could at least drive those in a straight line :v:

Bruc posted:

Are there any levels that a re especially good for farming up armor? I have started to really like playing fencer but my friends and I are fairly deep into the game on hard and he gets obliterated with around default armor and I was hoping to get him up to speed by grinding a bit.
Anything with an anthill on Easy difficulty. Isolate it from all other threats, and stand on top of it, dead-center, with the most powerful flamethrower you have. Time it so at least one is always firing. Wrap rubber-bands around your triggers, walk away. This also works with Rangers' flamethrowers, and Wing Divers with a good enough Rapier. Bugs will die immediately, get flung out, crates fall on your head.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

randombattle posted:

Is anything more inspirational than EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2014-02-26-earth-defense-force-2025-test

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Aw what this isn't even out in Europe? bloody hell

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Pro click

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
This may be an old issue that I just forgot about from the last release, but is it normal to beat the first handful of missions on inferno and only receive weapons that are <lvl 10? I did the old trick where you go back to level one or 2 and beat it on higher difficulties for better weapons but I think the game copped to what I was up to.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

This may be an old issue that I just forgot about from the last release, but is it normal to beat the first handful of missions on inferno and only receive weapons that are <lvl 10? I did the old trick where you go back to level one or 2 and beat it on higher difficulties for better weapons but I think the game copped to what I was up to.

The minimum item level on inferno slowly creeps up the later you get. The first missions might have some high level gear possible, but they can roll drat near everything lower than that.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

Found my copy of Zangeki, bringing it with me when I go home this weekend for my long Christmas vacation game.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

dis astranagant posted:

The minimum item level on inferno slowly creeps up the later you get. The first missions might have some high level gear possible, but they can roll drat near everything lower than that.

Well dang. It sucked to beat Making Landfall on inferno and only get lvl 20 sniper rifles. Is there a chart for minimum levels out there for me to exploit check?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Well dang. It sucked to beat Making Landfall on inferno and only get lvl 20 sniper rifles. Is there a chart for minimum levels out there for me to exploit check?

You'll have better luck with V.Hard early on, Inferno has a waaaay wider drop range, especially on early levels.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTW9PVwjjk

the Stringer J2 sniper rifle for Ranger is a goddamn Hector killing beast and spins drones like no tomorrow.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress those reds

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

New DLC up in the store for this week.

They didn't put any proper images on the DLC entries so there's no way to tell what any of these look like. They might match up with some JP DLC entries but there's more tank variants than what's available in the JP store so :shrug:.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Gigantus Tank, EDF IFPS Markings
Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Gigantus Tank, DCC-Zero Markings
Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Gigantus Tank, DCC-Gogo. Markings
Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Gigantus Tank, Bullet Girls Marking
Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Gigantus Tank, Natsuiro HS Markings
Earth Defense Force 4.1 — Pure Decoy Launchers

I assume the pure decoy launchers match the ones released for 2025.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 16, 2015

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

I, Butthole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTW9PVwjjk

the Stringer J2 sniper rifle for Ranger is a goddamn Hector killing beast and spins drones like no tomorrow.

Where (when?) did you get it? I snagged the lvl 50 version today that hits 6k damage a shot and penetrates targets, but takes 5 seconds of reload per shot.

Am I right in thinking that if I shoot a Hector with that perfectly perpendicular to it such that I hit an arm, both legs, then another arm on the way out that it will be 4x shots hitting, and therefore 4x damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Where (when?) did you get it? I snagged the lvl 50 version today that hits 6k damage a shot and penetrates targets, but takes 5 seconds of reload per shot.

Am I right in thinking that if I shoot a Hector with that perfectly perpendicular to it such that I hit an arm, both legs, then another arm on the way out that it will be 4x shots hitting, and therefore 4x damage?

I got it around Mission 45ish or so, I think - the one in that clip is under level 30 though, as it only does 3000 damage/5s reload time. I hadn't noticed it penetrating either.