Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Frozenpussy posted:

I'd be worried about spoiling someone, though. Things I received as a newbie included BPOs for ammo and help with ratting. Fishing poles, rather than buckets of fish. What I like about staging kills is it provides an experience without the risk of spoiling anyone. Even two years in, 2 billion ISK lasted me a year and a half.

I'm pretty pleased with what I received. It was exactly as I asked, nothing more and nothing less.
Were someone to drown me in ISk or give me 25B+ worth of stuff like someone received, I'd feel pretty bad for not being able to reciprocate to my Santee.
That being said, this is my first Secret Santa, and I plan on spending about 1/3 of my total wealth on my Santee. Its actually not that much since I ain't space rich but it will definitely be something better than a bunch of junk I don't want at stations spread out around New Eden.

darth cookie posted:

Gf.com is misleading since jabber is where it's at.

I must be hanging out in the wrong channels because the few I'm in are all devoid any discussion, meaningful or not.
Which reminds me, if there a way to fix my jabber so I stop seeing all the connection/disconnection?

Munin posted:

The worst posts in this thread recently were the ones which implied that the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy should be read rather than enjoyed in its true form which can only be heard.

You have to keep in mind that every version is different. The book, radio show, tv show and movie all have major differences in them that makes each of them enjoyable.
The only bad thing about the book, is that anyone that has even slight dyslexia is going to have a very very hard time at it.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
all i want for christmas is a body of a director's female character. It will be the gift that keeps on taking

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Hahaha Mirana would be so pissed if I gave you her corpse I have. As satisfying as thatd be, otoh I find you actually genuinely very creepy so nah.

E forgot to not quote.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

ullerrm posted:

Eh, several inactive dudes had some space privileges removed in succession, and then they all made reddit posts about it.

You guys missed some of the really absurd drama from a few weeks ago, though. One of the removed people went literally mental about it -- claiming on reddit that Mittani was using Goons/TMC for RMT to fund his "horny white boy lifestyle" and that he was cheating on his wife with various people. Then he deleted his posts and started threatening to kill himself on Twitter. Then deleted those tweets. Then started posting again on Reddit.

It was amazing, but also horribly depressing.

(But then, if you look at the non-deleted posts on his Twitter feed since then, it's about how Warframe's latest plot twists are offensive to genderfluid people, and his Ecco the Dolphin fanfic, and reminiscing on his first visit to a furry convention. So, I'm left wondering how much of it was internet spaceship drama, and how much of it is just "this guy has some things he needs to deal with.")

wow i hope that guy saw/is seeing someone about that (a psychologist)

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
So I was playing around with the Logistics Frigates in Pyfa, and it was lots of fun to try out different builds, like this Deacon that is pretty strong and tanky:

code:
[Deacon, Fleet Deacon]

Damage Control II
400mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

1MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II

Small Remote Armor Repairer II

Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
~950m/s,
~14k ehp,
reps 126hp at 12.6+21km, cap stable if you have decent skills.
Even downgrades to Meta at reasonable effectiveness, too. Pretty good for tight armour fleets like Confessors or armour EWAR, since the sig radius is a miniscule 34mm. Very straightforward.

The shield Logistics Frigates, on the other hand, are tough to make work without faction gear. An example of the Scalpel:

code:
[Scalpel, Fleet Scalpel]

Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Capacitor Power Relay II

Cap Recharger II
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Small Remote Shield Booster II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Barely cap stable. 1150m/s, 37mm sigrad, but less than 8k ehp. At 42m/hull, most people would be better off bringing two Bursts instead.

The Kirin is probably the better choice for shield logistics:

code:
[Kirin, Fleet Kirin]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Medium Shield Extender II
Small Shield Extender II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Stable, 10.5k ehp, 1050m/s and pretty reasonably priced at 36m/hull. I could see these being used in Harpies if they ever come back.

But.

If you want to use shield ships, you want to go fast, otherwise what's the point? Well, putting an MWD on a Kirin is dumb. Don't do that. Or maybe do it anyway, I dunno, I'm poo poo at fitting.

But if you want a pretty neat dip-in, dip-out skirmish doctrine that's meant to go balls out, get in deep and flare out, why not fly this retarded thing?

code:
[Scalpel, Interceptor Scalpel]

Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Power Diagnostic System II

Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
For Elite PvP Only.

10k ehp, goes 3km/s, reps out to ~5+31km.

You need perfect fitting skills (Shield Upgrades V) and perfect cap skills, but this stupid loving thing is cap stable for as long as you've got charges. You can carry 21+1 in the chamber, meaning the fight needs to end within 13 minutes or you run out of cap and everyone dies. Still. I would fly this.

You can do something similar with the Kirin:

code:
[Kirin, Interceptor Kirin]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
EM Ward Amplifier II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Navy Cap Booster 400 x22
13k ehp, 2.7km/s, with a Sig roughly the size of a linked Baltec.

The good news is the cargo is bigger so you can carry 22+1 Navy 400s. So, 14 minutes until you flare out and die. But given your sig is about as big as an MWDing Vagabond, with roughly equal speed and a fraction of the hp, you'll more than likely get to rep longer as you haul spare charges out of the smoking husks of your fellow fleetmates.

Haven't done anything with the Thalia yet, but I've heard good things, so I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hahaha Mirana would be so pissed if I gave you her corpse I have. As satisfying as thatd be, otoh I find you actually genuinely very creepy so nah.

E forgot to not quote.

ahhahaha I meant to say only femme characters owned by irl dudes. Sorry bro you just outed yourself as the true creeper here. I don't handle irl women's characters because it's cliche.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
This whole slap fight should have been solved in space court. We missed what could have been great.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
http://imgur.com/a/zj3i4 Omg I want one of these so loving bad.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=460378 <-- NOOOOOOO :argh: Not for sale :negative:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Holy poo poo endie did the sir Molle chronicles? That is some of my favorite propaganda. :gbsmith:

I think I knew that before but I just remembered it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you should actually maybe ignore me, syndic thrass.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Blawrf and Endie sound like Haggorth...from the Eve Comic. Though I suppose it happens to every Vet who gets tired of the game and burnt out. It should be surprising that The Mittani hasn't yet.

It sounded like Bat Country was a noticeable part of the Imperiam Supercap fleet, and most of them are staying(?) so the whole drama is all about 2 dozen people leaving one Alliance. Lots of sound and fury over a small change....the thing is, a lot of the comments from the Imperiam side remind me a lot of BoB at their hight. But a a lot of that is coming from new members who only joined after the Imperiam was formed, and only know what it's like to be on the winning side.

Did I miss it because the crappy interface, or has TMC not had an article about the biggest Drama (Blawf and Endie/BAT) in Eve News this week? Seems like it would be generating a lot of page views which are being missed.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Comstar posted:

Did I miss it because the crappy interface, or has TMC not had an article about the biggest Drama (Blawf and Endie/BAT) in Eve News this week? Seems like it would be generating a lot of page views which are being missed.
The drama is massively inflated by reddit's continual circlejerk over anything that happens in the Imperium. Its not really that big of a deal.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Dalael posted:

I must be hanging out in the wrong channels because the few I'm in are all devoid any discussion, meaningful or not.
Which reminds me, if there a way to fix my jabber so I stop seeing all the connection/disconnection?

There is only one true channel and that is sigmasquad.

As for your question, it's in plugins, look for one named Join/Part hiding.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

2013: Reddit fights goons hoping to break their spirit and shatter the CFC
2014: Reddit watches N3 fight goons hoping to break their spirit and shatter the CFC
2015: Reddit watches goons fight goons hoping to break their spirit and shatter the CFC imperium
2016: Reddit watches nothing fight goons hoping to break their spirit and shatter CFC imperium mitten's kittens CFCdot
2017: ???

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That moralepost was cringy as gently caress and now I think we're actually dying. How does one go about joining some other bloc that actually uses their supers without actually knowing anyone outside of GSF?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Goatman Sacks posted:

That moralepost was cringy as gently caress and now I think we're actually dying. How does one go about joining some other bloc that actually uses their supers without actually knowing anyone outside of GSF?

I think BAT might be able to answer that question next month? Though I have no idea if any of the supercap characters are actually leaving.

Does GSF use their Supers? I never read about them, but maybe it's such a common thing now that it dosn't deserve comment.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Comstar posted:

I think BAT might be able to answer that question next month? Though I have no idea if any of the supercap characters are actually leaving.

Does GSF use their Supers? I never read about them, but maybe it's such a common thing now that it dosn't deserve comment.

pos bashing , ratting , deployments .

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Goatman Sacks posted:

on a serious note , maybe OSS ?
I am not part of them , and know little , but there is suas and some other ex goons .

Maybe lowsec is worth a look , there are some big groups , for lowsec i would speak to him -> Kimsemus
And if you can speak russian , well there is plenty of choice there aswell )

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Denis posted:

on a serious note , maybe OSS ?
I am not part of them , and know little , but there is suas and some other ex goons .

Maybe lowsec is worth a look , there are some big groups , for lowsec i would speak to him -> Kimsemus
And if you can speak russian , well there is plenty of choice there aswell )

Are you that guy from OOS?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
If you can get past the shame of actually being in Triumvirate mk. XVIII and dealing with the spergs, getting into one of their corps is probably not too hard - they probably see the most straight up supercap warfare of all the easily accessible blocs. As for the OSS, we do have a pretty sizable super contingent, but afaik they see limited use atm.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

that'll be $150,000 please

Tamir Lenk? He's not been around in ages, has he? Get some new material dude :colbert:

( I remember his pad was pretty bitchin' though)

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Kirs posted:

Are you that guy from OOS?

define "that guy" ?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Denis posted:

define "that guy" ?

Latvian or polish guy from OOS I keep hearing about.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Kirs posted:

Latvian or polish guy from OOS I keep hearing about.

hmm latvian , if its the one making videos . And posting terrible russian kb logs on reddit , no .

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Goatman Sacks posted:

That moralepost was cringy as gently caress

Indeed.

I can only imagine what new threat is laying in wait to assault Fortress Deklein this time. RvB? Horde? Marmite?

Xolve fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 15, 2015

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

Goatman Sacks posted:

I got to about the third paragraph before the cringe got too much for me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
x

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Recoome posted:

wow i hope that guy saw/is seeing someone about that (a psychologist)

I spoke to him when it was going on to make sure the "i'm gonna kill myself" stuff wasn't legit. I told him to go get some professional help if that's how he feels etc. etc. so maybe?

Goatman Sacks posted:

I hope Groon reforms.

Xolve posted:

Indeed.

I can only imagine what new threat is laying in wait to assault Fortress Deklein this time. RvB? Horde? Marmite?

No, Horde are busy making a thunderdome to worry about taking down the big bad Goons.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 15, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Goatman Sacks posted:

what other bloc

we're the only ones left

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

but for real if you wanna use your super just camp the ya0 beacon, it's 100% safe in all circumstances

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

though you might have to knife fight that glenaravananavnan guy for kills

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goatman Sacks posted:

It's a morale post in the sense that we are doing x, y, and z to improve but don't let that stop you from talking about the sky is falling

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

what other bloc

we're the only ones left

I mean... this is a thing now.

I guess the best way for Mitten's to convince the unwashed masses of r/eve that he doesn't actaully care about them... is to just keep talking about them.

Actual impact, probably minimal, but we'll see how long you guys hang on to that 'best propaganda' self-proclamation.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 15, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The "Sounds just like BoB" thing is also basically the godwin of EVE.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I mean... this is a thing now.

I guess the best way for Mitten's to convince the unwashed masses of r/eve that he doesn't actaully care about them... is to just keep talking about them.

Actual impact, probably minimal, but we'll see how long you guys hang on to that 'best propaganda' self-proclamation.

how was this post in any way a response to anything i said

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ullerm did you see what EVE_NT guys are doing on top of EVE_NT Collides?

http://www.eve-nt.uk/about-efc/?utm_source=hootsuite

I'm sorta happy they're picking up the void that SCL left and actually making it more interesting/entertaining. I really like the rules for the Collides matches.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

like i get that you had a dank meme to post and i wont begrudge a man his right to post images on the internet and all but why quote me if you arent even interested in what im saying

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sir Molle was in charge of a large alliance, Mittens is ALSO in charge of a large alliance, makes u think

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

like i get that you had a dank meme to post and i wont begrudge a man his right to post images on the internet and all but why quote me if you arent even interested in what im saying

I think siamese kittens are the cutest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Venom Snake posted:

Sir Molle was in charge of a large alliance, Mittens is ALSO in charge of a large alliance, makes u think

i bet they both have BBQs too :wth:

:mason::lron::mason:

• Locked thread