Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its relaunching, I better get ready

I gotta pledge $10k so I can have my character immortalized in poorly written fan fiction!!!!

STAND-ALONE CHAPTER DEDICATED TO YOUR EVE CHARACTER

You will have a consultation with Jeff Edwards, and he will write an entire stand-alone chapter devoted to your EVE character as a supplement to The Fountain War book.

This is your opportunity for your story to be communicated to the EVE community and beyond!

Also includes:

• Everything in the signed Hardcover Fountain War Book, T-shirt and Shot Glass reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

ullerrm posted:

Ecco the Dolphin fanfic

Hahaha, you've got to be kidding.

Please be kidding..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you mean, I too, can be a part of EVE History? thats totally worth $10k

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eonwe will you come to my stalwart quadposting defense the next time someone calls me a Mean Name on the Something Awful dot Com forums?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It has recently come to my attention that sometimes people get called names in online video games.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Holy poo poo!! all this over Internet spaceships!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

Eonwe will you come to my stalwart quadposting defense the next time someone calls me a Mean Name on the Something Awful dot Com forums?

i will at least post and say its wrong, if you would like

if they self-own enough and keep saying dumb things to explain it away i'll probably do a quadpost or two if you like

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vendictus Prime posted:

Holy poo poo!! all this over Internet spaceships!

Now imagine when this game actually dies the death it's deserved for years.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kazak_Hstan posted:

It has recently come to my attention that sometimes people get called names in online video games.

my feelings are that because something does happen doesn't mean it necessarily should or is good

those are my thoughts, namaste

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Unfunny Poster posted:

Now imagine when this game actually dies the death it's deserved for years.

Unironically not shitposting here, would tip one out if it ever happened. Might swing by the monument if I ever go to Reykjavík, there were some good times.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Numismancer posted:

Lots of not-in-GSF folks posting up a storm, sorry this didn't work out for you the way you had hoped~

Oh boy. I really regret leaving gsf a week before this shitshow went down. You sure showed me!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OWLS! posted:

Unironically not shitposting here, would tip one out if it ever happened. Might swing by the monument if I ever go to Reykjavík, there were some good times.

True, I still like it but CCP are certainly well....CCP, and I like a lot of people from there.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Reverand maynard posted:

No one is going out and say, scouting ratting carriers then finding WH route to go kill them because that doesn't get rewarded. No one is getting awox alts into BNI then leading ratter killing fleets. As such the types of groups that would do fun things aren't joining and you wind up with FA cast offs that show up on fleets but are dull as a bricks.

uhhhhhhhh

what are SIGs

what is The Initiative., literally the entire alliance

etc

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Numismancer posted:

I try, thanks!

One of the nice things about metrics, numbers and ~accountability~ is that we can chart our success by people voting with their feet, and as our numbers continue to grow it's much easier to shrug off howling when the data contradicts it. So we know Elysium has been hugely popular, that Harpyfleets had people saying they loved them yet not actually flying them in practice, etc.

Lol whoever became successful via metrics?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Unfunny Poster posted:

True, I still like it but CCP are certainly well....CCP, and I like a lot of people from there.

and based on Sion's tone on the Meta Show, Saturday, they are not changing anytime soon.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

uhhhhhhhh

what are SIGs

what is The Initiative., literally the entire alliance

etc

Querns I have a quick question since you or someone else will know this. Why are there like three different The Initaitive groups? Initiative, Initiative Mercenaries, etc?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

Querns I have a quick question since you or someone else will know this. Why are there like three different The Initaitive groups? Initiative, Initiative Mercenaries, etc?

actually i have no idea :v:

i'm assuming that it's like a caste system or something, sorta how sniggerdly has sniggwaffe and PL has pandemic horde etc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the fact that someone used the word 'metrics' to talk about a video game guild made me literally lol

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm in GSF and this didn't work out the way I had hoped. :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vendictus Prime posted:

and based on Sion's tone on the Meta Show, Saturday, they are not changing anytime soon.

From what I've heard there's been no meeting with CCP teams & the CSM since the summer.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I'm soo very glad I have no idea what the gently caress is going on in this thread anymore.

Hey Citizen Rat, how's your trekking going in Boston? Find anything interesting to shoot lately?

Also :ullerrm: Are the Command Destroyers going to possibly be used for boosts in the small fleets? I know Cawk is gone, but I don't know what replaced it. I'll train that to V around the same time I do FC V. :effort:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Eonwe posted:

is calling someone mentally ill good

y/n
you're mentally ill
now i expect to see you post up a storm about how loving awful i am for saying that
:cripes:

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Wulfling posted:

Hey Citizen Rat, how's your trekking going in Boston? Find anything interesting to shoot lately?

Well, now we are both really confused.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hazdoc posted:

you're mentally ill
now i expect to see you post up a storm about how loving awful i am for saying that

its not good of you to say but it doesn't make me, personally, upset or mad

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Playing DF is good practice for herding goons, what we have seen here is commonly known as a "tantrum spiral"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Eonwe posted:

why can i not buy an eve online cash-in book yet

did reddit ruin that or something

Dude there are two Eve novels already. They're both p bad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

feedmegin posted:

i want to buy a the mittani one

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

feedmegin posted:

Empyrian Age and The Burning Life are actually both good.

Templar One is hot garbage though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Eonwe posted:

i want to buy a the mittani one

quote:

INT. SOME SORT OF GEEK/LAWYER HYBRID'S LOVELY HOUSE - WINTER IN CHICAGO - NIGHT
A party is in progress. Party is loosely defined here as it is 98% ugly men consuming alcohol and wiping cocktail sauce from their 4XL black t-shirts. Loose groups of chatting nerds are throughout the house. Camera pans in on a small group gathered around THE MITTANI who is talking of sabres.
He has his audience of two or three fawning nerds entranced. Although other conversations nearby are loud and filled with emoticons actually being spoken aloud, MITTANI'S voice is clearly heard with impeccable enunciation.
Having finished regaling another group with some sort of fabricated story, DBRB enters view from left and joins the half circle around MITTANI who is casually leaning against the wall, one leg drawn up, balancing on the other; a common pre-larp/pre-gothic dance stretching exercise for him. He continues his explanation:
MITTANI (smugly) ....which is why AWU V is particularily important on this sabre fit. Furthermore, it frees up...
DBRB (interrupts abruptly) Yeah, I did that in Cloud Ring last year. I used that sabre fit and just absolutely raped....
MITTANI (flicker of annoyance briefly flashes across his face, but he almost instantly recovers, his face settling upon an absolutely blank expression, a certain steeliness is still visible in his eyes.) (coldly) Excuse me, DBRB?
DBRB (surprised to be cut short during another stupid loving story, but smiles at his beloved CEO) Yes, Mittens?
MITTANI (emotionless) Do me a big favor, please, and perform fellatio on me.
Small giggle from nerd listening in.
DBRB (confused) What?
MITTANI (leans towards DBRB) I (pause) want (pause) YOU (emphasis, pause) to suck my cock until I cum into your mouth.
DBRB nervously laughs. Nearby conversations taper out as more nerds turn to listen to this fresh development.
MITTANI (voice, still coldly robotic, increases in volume) I'm quite serious. In fact, if you don't start sucking me, and well, mind you, you will become permabanned and booted from Goonswarm this very night. This very loving night. And not one of our allies will accept you. You will be blacklisted. Your experience in EVE will effectively end, reducing your small real life to almost nothing.
As this is being said, DBRB'S face undergoes much emotional turmoil, running the gamut of fear to abject horror until finally settling on a nervous smile, for this exchange reminded him of his wrestling days, when his team mates would mash his face into their buttocks and groins in homoerotic, but joking and playful, displays of bonding and friendship. DBRB has decided this is just such an instance of the same type.
MITTANI drops his other leg to the floor, and stands straight.
MITTANI (sudden anger) Stop smiling, fat man! I'm serious. Get on your knees now.
DBRB laughs and drops ponderously to his knees, looking left and right, catching the eyes of a now substantial crowd of goons. He is letting them know, by his compliance, that he is in on the "joke".
DBRB Har Har Har. How much iskies do I get?
MITTANI (snarls) Shut the gently caress up! (face becomes calm again, continues in a quiet, cold tone) Now, undo my pants.
DBRB'S face is now flushed in embarrassment. His eyes dart up to the faces of the crowd of nerds, who are watching this in shock. His mind races, trying to come to terms with what was happening here. He stammers.
MITTANI (quietly, with much menace) Boat, take my cock out and put it in your mouth.
DBRB'S eyes widen like some sort of obese deer trapped in headlights. Tears collect in their lower rims as he slowly reaches up and unfastens MITTANI'S belt. Our CEO watches this, impassive.
TAMIR LENK (shouts from the back row of watching nerds) I have a room for this, you know.
MITTANI (eyes never leaving DBRB) Continue.
DBRB unfastens the button of MITTANI'S jeans and slowly draws the zipper down, tears streaming down his flushed face. He reaches in and pulls out a fully engorged, shaved penis and scrotum. It pulses, its purple head moving slightly up and down in front of DBRB'S face.
DBRB (weakly) Please....
MITTANI Suck it, Boat, or you're out.
DBRB, sobbing now, grasps the veiny member and inserts it into his mouth. He begins to move his head back and forth gently, without closing his mouth fully. MITTANI grabs the back of DBRB'S head and forces his cock all the way in, causing DBRB to choke. Recovering, DBRB begins to suck the penis, building a rhythm that MITTANI reciprocates, rocking his hips to ensure proper depth.
At this time, most of the crowd stands aghast at the spectacle unfolding in front of them. Open mouthed and speechless, they bear witness to this display. Some few turn away disgusted, while a couple stand rapt, flushed and sweaty, visibly aroused.
While DBRB continues his blow job, his muffled sobs heard through the dick in his mouth, MITTANI turns his gaze away from his oral servicing, looks at the nerds he was speaking with earlier, and continues as if his penis is not currently being sucked.
MITTANI Of course, we are talking autocannons here, not artillery. Artillery is king in my Alpha Fleet, but on small gang (turns briefly to DBRB and snaps) LESS TEETH! (turns his head back to the nerds) pvp you can get amazing dps out of this dictor. In fact, with the proper damage implants..(stops abruptly)
At this time THE MITTANI cums into DBRB'S mouth. As MITTANI remains expressionless and silent during his orgasm, we are shown that it has occurred due to a brief spasming of his buttocks, and the fact that DBRB begins to choke and gag. MITTANI withdraws his swiftly shrinking member from DBRB'S mouth and suddenly slaps him full across the face. DBRB reels from the blow and involuntarily swallows.
MITTANI (quietly, suddenly peaceful) Leave me. (begins to fasten his pants)
DBRB stumbles to his feet and blindly, sobbing, pushes through the shocked crowd. He breaks free, all eyes upon him, and enters the bathroom, desperate to remove the bitter, cheesy taste from his mouth, and to escape from view. He slams the door, locks it, and rushes the sink. He turns the faucet on and begins to slurp water into his mouth, trying to become clean again. As his eyes clear of tears, and numbness sets in, he turns to something catching his eye near the toilet. There, written in marker on the top sheet of toilet paper, are the words "The Mittani Sends His Regards."
SCENE

that'll be $150,000 please

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Also, wtf, Kane. Won't respond to me, either here or Reddit? You're making me regret those Eve Vegas plane tickets -- but then, I never asked for anything in exchange, so I guess that's my bad.

Best of luck with whatever you're doing, I guess. :(

Ckwiesr posted:

Hahaha, you've got to be kidding.

Please be kidding..

Nope.

Reverand maynard posted:

Really this whole current state of the CFC is a result of a complete emphasis of space empire over fun, and I don't mean BNI version of losing fights, but just being space bullies outside of like weirdly scripted events. we have burn jita and miniluv but it seems kinda.. 'forced' and fun stuff like going awoxing doesn't really happen organically anymore.

:cmon:

Just in the last few days I've been going out in CD gangs. I've formed up for random roams of hurricanes to go troll elitepvpers with massed alpha. Since we now live two jumps away from FW lowsec, we've been using the navy mauluses and their +4 scrams to gently caress with russian farmers, and they call us all sorts of poo poo in local. I mean, poo poo, Dod Kalm's literally doing nightly random roams in gangs of 7-8 small ships, and it's loving fun.

There's small and large fights going on every day. It's being served up on a silver platter, waiting for you to eat. But from the sounds of it, you're sitting in bed, hoping that people will set up IV feeding so that you don't have to bother with the plate, and that's not going to happen.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Who gives a poo poo what reddit thinks?

I'm pretty sure that most of the directorate is normal dudes, some of whom are assholes sure.

Ehhhh define 'normal'.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

that'll be $150,000 please

:yikes:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hazdoc posted:

you're mentally ill

Haaaazdooooc.That's not nice.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:gas:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

empty

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Citizen Rat posted:

what

though I am also in the not-in-GSF crew so I should probably also see myself out

Please don't, I legitimately enjoy the semi outsider with the inside scoop view.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

OWLS! posted:

Haaaazdooooc.That's not nice.

making GBS threads in this thread isn't nice, but you don't see me complaining about it

god dammit that was complaining wasn't it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont want you guys to get probated, doing the gas emote is a 1 day probation usually

if you check my rap sheet you can even see an example, failed the gas chamber challenge

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ullerrm posted:

Just in the last few days I've been going out in CD gangs. I've formed up for random roams of hurricanes to go troll elitepvpers with massed alpha. Since we now live two jumps away from FW lowsec, we've been using the navy mauluses and their +4 scrams to gently caress with russian farmers, and they call us all sorts of poo poo in local. I mean, poo poo, Dod Kalm's literally doing nightly random roams in gangs of 7-8 small ships, and it's loving fun.

Seriouspost about internet spaceships.

Fladners, you and I both know that random is the problem here. Sure, there's random poo poo out there, there always is, but people are loving lazy, and getting them out there is annoying. I mean gently caress, how long did Groon live in aas? How much presense did we have on our non-scheduled ops? Yeah, not a whole lot. People log in at optime, EXPECTING a fight, and when there isn't one, well, where's Groon now?

tl;dr, people are lazy, also SiSi looks like it's becoming the chinese server now, which is pretty loving lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

i dont want you guys to get probated, doing the gas emote is a 1 day probation usually

if you check my rap sheet you can even see an example, failed the gas chamber challenge

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&pagenumber=477&perpage=40#post440996302

• Locked thread