Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Now I know you guys haven't been to war for a bit because you've all lost your immunities to Mittens' hurf-blurf badposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ullerm did you see what EVE_NT guys are doing on top of EVE_NT Collides?

http://www.eve-nt.uk/about-efc/?utm_source=hootsuite

I'm sorta happy they're picking up the void that SCL left and actually making it more interesting/entertaining. I really like the rules for the Collides matches.
The Eve_NT format is pretty good and a nice change of pace from the AT so I certainly hope this works out well, but it seems like it's going to require a lot of time investment from CCP to police matches unless they build an automated tool for checking for implants/drugs and legal modules, and hand over a modded client with all the tournament tools to the people running the show.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

The Eve_NT format is pretty good and a nice change of pace from the AT so I certainly hope this works out well, but it seems like it's going to require a lot of time investment from CCP to police matches unless they build an automated tool for checking for implants/drugs and legal modules.

I do know like only two CCPers who like doing tournaments help out for Collides matches so maybe it won't require a bunch of work since they have that support somewhat? They only do Collides once a month which is a tragedy to me since weekly matches would own so hard but then you're in the realm of turning EVE into a game like StarCraft or whatever which is a point of contention.

Honestly if someone took the complex fitting/builds of EVE and made an arena PVP game I think a ton of people would have fun with it. I know moba's exist but none of them are spaceship mobas :smith:

Edit - Fractured Space is sort of what I'm thinking, but less grindy for the actual modules you can use.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 15, 2015

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Goatman Sacks posted:

That moralepost was cringy as gently caress and now I think we're actually dying. How does one go about joining some other bloc that actually uses their supers without actually knowing anyone outside of GSF?

I am on a break from eve but i can confirm that that The OSS are all cool dudes, and usually get quite a bit of action in and around syndicate.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

If you think about it, we indirectly have the people of r/eve by the balls. They can't go a single day without at least a couple of "Grr Goons" posts it seems. Manipulating their hatred to our benefit would not be an infeasible task.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Unfunny Poster posted:

you're in the realm of turning EVE into a game like StarCraft or whatever which is a point of contention.

imo it is a thing that should happen.

everyone i know knows what csgo is. i remember the years and years of playing counter strike and never meeting a single soul who had played anything but condition zero on xbox. the whole mlg thing might be dumb but people eat that poo poo up

you bet your rear end that people would be interested in this weird rear end space game if there were weekly pro style tournaments. all i could think about watching worlds collide was that this is a thing that needs more exposure plus the gimmick of 'its actually a sandbox and these are just dudes slugging it out with their own poo poo' is probably enough to get some people interested

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Doc Friday posted:

If you think about it, we indirectly have the people of r/eve by the balls. They can't go a single day without at least a couple of "Grr Goons" posts it seems. Manipulating their hatred to our benefit would not be an infeasible task.

Are you saying you control their game?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

feedmegin posted:

Are you saying you control their game?

there are no redditors

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Doc Friday posted:

by the same logic r/eve have this thread by the balls since it's basically been non-stop drama talk for the past 50 pages.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Have we seriously gotten to "made you post?" Don't do that, please.

edit: grammar before coffee is difficult.

Citizen Rat fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 15, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Citizen Rat posted:

Have seriously gotten to "made you post?" Don't do that please.

lol made u post

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Doc Friday posted:

They can't go a single day without at least a couple of "Grr Goons" posts

The opposite is also quite true; this threand and r/eve are a metaphorical battered womens shelter- outsiders are still trying to figure out who's the victim though.

Querns - Bad formatting? That morale post had me laughing pretty hard.

Citizen Rat posted:

Have seriously gotten to "made you post?" Don't do that please.

I'm patiently holding out for the "'repeatedly stabbing the heart' of the 'r/EVE' non-community" post myself.

Because... that's a thing that can happen and all.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 15, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

The opposite is also quite true.

Querns - Bad formatting? That morale post had me laughing pretty hard.

i wasn't even talking about that post :ramsay:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Let VFK headshot 2.0 happen so everyone can fight and actually play. tia

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Foehammer007 posted:

Let VFK headshot 2.0 happen so everyone can fight and actually play. tia

Billy Merc wanted to gently caress goons over with the VFK stunt. The only people that got hosed over was the ISRAD camp in VFK who was now counter camped by 1k people 24/7 and the unfortunate souls who had to listen to DBRB ramble on for days. Mission success, goons hosed.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

YouTuber posted:

The only people that got hosed over was the ISRAD camp in VFK who was now counter camped by 1k people 24/7

idk man you guys did manage to nail solo duckman in an obelisk taking gates so i feel like that was worth it for you guys

(that was during the headshot right? i am not sure now)

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

idk man you guys did manage to nail solo duckman in an obelisk taking gates so i feel like that was worth it for you guys

(that was during the headshot right? i am not sure now)

Made you hellcamp.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still don't get how a post that frames what we have done wrong in the past and what we are doing better going into the future is a morale post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

i wasn't even talking about that post :ramsay:

Did you know that Koala's are carries of Chlamydia?

nigga crab pollock posted:

imo it is a thing that should happen.

everyone i know knows what csgo is. i remember the years and years of playing counter strike and never meeting a single soul who had played anything but condition zero on xbox. the whole mlg thing might be dumb but people eat that poo poo up

you bet your rear end that people would be interested in this weird rear end space game if there were weekly pro style tournaments. all i could think about watching worlds collide was that this is a thing that needs more exposure plus the gimmick of 'its actually a sandbox and these are just dudes slugging it out with their own poo poo' is probably enough to get some people interested

It would be pretty neat. Valkyrie is, in some whats, what I'm basically describing but it's relegated to VR only and I don't think people will spend $300 just to play EVE.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Made you hellcamp.

why do you keep quoting me with nonsequitors

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Although I do find it very funny that people think that making the Imperium make itself better is somesort of victory over the Imperium

"Made you improve yourself :downs:"

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Did you know that Koala's are carries of Chlamydia?

Why is this a thing you know? Do I want to know why you know koalas carry a venereal disease? I probably don't.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Citizen Rat posted:

Why is this a thing you know? Do I want to know why you know koalas carry a venereal disease? I probably don't.

he's just letting everyone know how he got it

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

YouTuber posted:

Billy Merc wanted to gently caress goons over with the VFK stunt. The only people that got hosed over was the ISRAD camp in VFK who was now counter camped by 1k people 24/7 and the unfortunate souls who had to listen to DBRB ramble on for days. Mission success, goons hosed.

That headshot attempt was the last time I had actual fun in Eve. Shame it turned out to be such a poorly planned damp squib. I remember scouting out the PL staging towers and wondering why the hell half of them were completely unarmed :downs:

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

he's just letting everyone know how he got it

That's what I was worried about.

Wulfling posted:

The Commonwealth. I know you're playing Fallout 4. Its better than half the other poo poo thats going on here.

Oh! Oh, now that post makes so much more sense. Sadly I haven't been playing much this week because I need to write, like, 60 pages before Thursday or my adviser is going to hang me.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

feedmegin posted:

That headshot attempt was the last time I had actual fun in Eve. Shame it turned out to be such a poorly planned damp squib. I remember scouting out the PL staging towers and wondering why the hell half of them were completely unarmed :downs:

Staging towers are temporary, they either get blown up or taken down and redeployed elsewhere, having to unanchor guns or any POS mods for that matter is the most awful thing in EVE (with Corp Roles and the Reaction Interface as close seconds).

#LogisticsLivesMatter

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 15, 2015

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Although I do find it very funny that people think that making the Imperium make itself better is somesort of victory over the Imperium

"Made you improve yourself :downs:"

"our people deserve the best, that's why we're leaving before this fight starts"

what good is an OP ticker if you don't even engage :angel:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Citizen Rat posted:

Now I know you guys haven't been to war for a bit because you've all lost your immunities to Mittens' hurf-blurf badposting.

Endie not ghost writing for him is honestly the worst blow this coalition will ever see.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Citizen Rat posted:

they also eat their own poop. it's true.

also, rifftrax national geographic specials own, won't you?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ed Jurak posted:

OP ticker

:confused:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ed Jurak posted:

"our people deserve the best, that's why we're leaving before this fight starts"

what good is an OP ticker if you don't even engage :angel:

what fight are we leaving from

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

Endie not ghost writing for him is honestly the worst blow this coalition will ever see.

Endie hasn't been ghostwriting for a very long time and I'm seriously shocked that ya'll didn't notice until now. I keep telling you guys he's a terribad poster. :colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I know The Mittani didn't write that. There's not a single tilde in the entire thing.

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

oh okay

i thought you meant some permutation of "overpowered" :downs:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Citizen Rat posted:

Because I read the news.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22207442

It's also more interesting than the sperging that everyone is doing in this thread.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

feedmegin posted:

The real reason behind that is most of PL was expecting to go into a quiet cycle. PL runs in bursts where it will chimp out and have 200 timers on the board getting poo poo done in the fastest means possible. By the time VFK occurred we had literally just done a circuit of EVE. We started by deploying from Curse and killed almost everything from Scalding Pass down to Paragon Soul. After that, we moved over to Delve for a truncated quiet time then deployed to destroy the North under contract from the DRF to kill the Northern Coalition. When VFK rolls around all the belligerents were leaving. NC. Raiden and DRF were all leaving for other opportunity and this left PL alone to grind down Dekelin and the rest of the North.

Bmerc expected to just take VFK and all the pubbies that comprise the bulk of Goonswarm would just loving evac instantly under the assumption that it would just be more of the same poo poo that went down against the NC. The problem with this line of thinking was that Goonswarm had done this after karttoon blew the Alliance up. While in Syndicate under DJ Goonswarm had essentially gnawed off every gangrenous limb it had. Anyone that under preformed (Battlestars) or were too independent and unwilling to toe the company line (Phreeze and ISRAD) were ejected from the Alliance. A bunch of inactive directors got replaced with people who were active and the Alliance was on a pretty decent rebound.

So when PL jumped in we were pretty worn down from constant fighting and Goonswarm was tanned and rested. One of the chatlogs from the forum dump leaked to reddit recently basically confirming that there was no real plan beyond blow VFK up and ??? profit.

The only people to really get inconvenienced in the PL group was ISRAD, we deployed to VFK the entire NC campaign an had our entire corp in system along with a few Sniggwaffe and PL dudes. When all the supers got camped we got camped in as well.

So in response we just logged off the entire Alliance for a week and played Bad Company 2 and you lot had to listen to DBRB ramble on voice comms.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 15, 2015

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

CainFortea posted:

I know The Mittani didn't write that. There's not a single tilde in the entire thing.

2 under the video, I missed them too

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'd gently caress a koala just to say I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

the fact that someone used the word 'metrics' to talk about a video game guild made me literally lol

anyway If there is one space guild that should use imperial it's goonswarm

• Locked thread