Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Just lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to the no. 8 seed by 4 points after putting up more than 200 points then him during the previous weeks. I would of won had I played Tannehill over Big Ben or Ertz over Seferian-Jenkins.

I hate this dumb game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm down 10 going into round two despite being up by 22 going into Monday with my opponent only having Odell to go. Gonna be a hard week 2.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My league is confused on how this person got into the finals over the now 3rd place person.

Player 1 - 116 points
Player 2 - 116 points

They both tied each other this past week. ESPN gave the win too Player 2 and moved him into the final. We aren't sure why. League settings are Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker = Total Points For. Player 1 has more points for than player 2. Shouldn't player 1 win this match up?

Obviously player 1 is mad and won't shut up but our league manager isn't sure what to do.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Digital Jedi posted:

My league is confused on how this person got into the finals over the now 3rd place person.

Player 1 - 116 points
Player 2 - 116 points

They both tied each other this past week. ESPN gave the win too Player 2 and moved him into the final. We aren't sure why. League settings are Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker = Total Points For. Player 1 has more points for than player 2. Shouldn't player 1 win this match up?

Obviously player 1 is mad and won't shut up but our league manager isn't sure what to do.

I would guess that playoff seeding is not the same as a playoff matchup result and that a different tiebreaker is being applied. Head to head record or something maybe?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Player 1 - 116 points
Player 2 - 116 points

Most people are pissed when they lose in the playoffs. If the site gave him the win and it gave him the win. Sour grapes. It could be some other rule listed in the settings somewhere, but if you bump player 2 out, he'll be pissed. Just stay put I'd say.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I woke up still in awe that Miller got 5 touches in the second half.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would guess that playoff seeding is not the same as a playoff matchup result and that a different tiebreaker is being applied. Head to head record or something maybe?

My thoughts were similar. That playoff seeding might of just the initial seed for the top 8 making playoffs. I don't see any other tie breaker set up beside total points for and bench points (during regular season. He still has more bench points this week.)

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Most people are pissed when they lose in the playoffs. If the site gave him the win and it gave him the win. Sour grapes. It could be some other rule listed in the settings somewhere, but if you bump player 2 out, he'll be pissed. Just stay put I'd say.

Oh yea I would be pissed too. That is my suggestion to my league manager. Unless he can figured out why it pick one over the other he shouldn't change it. ESPN did it for a reason even if we don't know.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Doltos posted:

He's going to break records next year as a cowboy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Digital Jedi posted:

My thoughts were similar. That playoff seeding might of just the initial seed for the top 8 making playoffs. I don't see any other tie breaker set up beside total points for and bench points (during regular season. He still has more bench points this week.)

Oh yea I would be pissed too. That is my suggestion to my league manager. Unless he can figured out why it pick one over the other he shouldn't change it. ESPN did it for a reason even if we don't know.

Found this:

ESPN posted:

PLAYOFF TIEBREAKERS
Throw the regular season tiebreaking rules out the window, they no longer apply...it's playoff time! Simply put, if there's a tie in a playoff matchup the higher seeded team will advance. That is, unless your commish changes it. Hopefully you're on good terms with them (and if you aren't, start being as nice as possible) because your commish has the ultimate power to change who advances in the playoffs using the "Edit Playoffs" page. If changes are made to the default "better seed advances" system we recommend posting the exact rules your league will enforce come playoff time on the league page before the season starts, otherwise we can pretty much guarantee it'll cost some serious controversy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well that solves it. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who's the priority on waivers this week? Robinson? Bryce Brown?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Keep an eye on Fozzy Whittaker. J Stew isn't listed on some of the weekly injury report write-ups because they said after the game he was "fine" but apparently he's in a walking boot and the team is talking about being cautious.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

RCarr posted:

Who's the priority on waivers this week? Robinson? Bryce Brown?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing.

In a shallow league where I lost a(nother) RB, who is the best start to try and pick up off the WW for playoffs between:

Denard Robinson vs ATL
SEA RB (which ones?) vs CLE
Brandon Bolden vs TEN
James White vs TEN

Also, since CAR has nothing to play for, is it still worth playing their D, or are they going to be playing to avoid injuries/resting starters, and it might be safer to play someone else?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Robinson is top. No idea who the Sea back to own is, if either.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Yea, I was wondering the same thing.

In a shallow league where I lost a(nother) RB, who is the best start to try and pick up off the WW for playoffs between:

Denard Robinson vs ATL
SEA RB (which ones?) vs CLE
Brandon Bolden vs TEN
James White vs TEN

Also, since CAR has nothing to play for, is it still worth playing their D, or are they going to be playing to avoid injuries/resting starters, and it might be safer to play someone else?

They are playing at least until they lock home field (Cards are 11-2), then they may play for 19-0 and fall really short when they lose their first playoff game. I thought they looked awesome at 13-0 then looked at who they actually played.

EDIT:

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 15, 2015

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

Marshmallow Blue posted:

They are playing at least until they lock home field (Cards are 11-2), then they may play for 19-0 and fall really short when they lose their first playoff game. I thought they looked awesome at 13-0 then looked at who they actually played.

EDIT:

Amazing what playing the NFC East and AFC South can do for a team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol my commish changed the playoffs to 8 teams on Saturday and I just noticed, so now I have to worry about week 17 garbage time and it'll be just pure luck at that point

This occurred the day before I knocked him out of what would have been the 4 team playoffs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress that

What is it about fantasy football that brings out the absolute worst in people?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Intruder posted:

lol my commish changed the playoffs to 8 teams on Saturday and I just noticed, so now I have to worry about week 17 garbage time and it'll be just pure luck at that point

This occurred the day before I knocked him out of what would have been the 4 team playoffs

Your commish is a trash baby.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Mods???

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Seriously all this poo poo should lock even from comishes after week 1 kickoff.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

And of course with the Dalton situation, I'm not expecting much out of Green or Eifert the rest of the way :smith:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Doltos posted:

I had a dream where I was at a press conference for the Dolphins and I was being asked why Lamar Miller saw such little usage in the second half of last night's game. I started to panic because I didn't know what to say and then woke up. This is the kind of trauma I face from owning Miller for the last 2 years.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Seriously all this poo poo should lock even from comishes after week 1 kickoff.
I'm super surprised it doesn't. Is it an ESPN league? Also, how would every single person in the league not be like "uh hey you just changed the rules to let yourself in the playoffs, what kind of an rear end in a top hat are you"

In my Yahoo fantasy basketball league I put in the new DL spot they offered before the season, then polled the league and found my members were against it. However, I forgot I'd already changed the settings. As soon as the draft was over and I had a roster (before the season even started) I noticed the DL spot was there and tried to remove it in the settings, and wasn't allowed to because the draft had already happened.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

VietCampo posted:

So I lost Andy Dalton and Thomas Rawls for pretty much rest of fantasy season, but i somehow still won my playoff matchup even though Dalton, Rawls, Allen Robinson, ASJ, and Matt Prater scoring 17 points combined. Thank you Tyler Lockett and Michael Floyd, who would've thought you 2 would be my saving grace a few weeks ago.

I was able to pick up Hightower last week and he'll be plugged in for Rawls, but replacing Dalton will be tougher. Also have a waiver in for Denard Robinson dropping Rawls.

These are my options 6 pt passing TD

Hoyer and Luck are at the top of the projected by they probably aren't even close to playing this week. No one else has a good matchup.

Help please

I would take Jameis myself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Miller averages 5.1 ypc and the Dolphins are dead last in rushing attempts

Great coaching guys

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Intruder posted:

Ugh I hate it when people moderators overstep their boundaries :mad:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Well I'm in the playoffs this year, even if I get knocked out first round I had a ten game winning streak and the best record by far (12-2, the next closest one was 9-5).

NFL.com does playoffs weird it seems. Three people from my division are in playoffs, apparently they just take the top four teams regardless of division, so apparently division matters sometimes but not other times. Who knows.

I'm not real confident about my chances in the playoffs, though. Waivers don't go through until tomorrow but at the moment I have:

RB1: Jonathan Stewart (@Giants)
RB2: Ronnie Hillman (@Steelers)
WR1: Odell Beckham (vs Panthers)
WR2: Brandon Marshall (@Cowboys)
Flex: Allen Hurns (vs Falcons)

Stewart is questionable and all of the other matchups look pretty bad. I've got waivers in for Fozzy Whitaker, Denard Robinson, Willie Snead and Jermaine Kearse, but I'm not sure if I'll get any of them seeing as how I'm last in priority.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Azhais posted:

So would any of you start Hightower over Hill, Bernard, or Andrews?

BabeLiker90 posted:

gently caress no

Spoeank posted:

I instinctively furrowed my brow and recoiled at this question.

Looks like I should have started him over all three. Think he outscored the three combined :v:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

Looks like I should have started him over all three. Think he outscored the three combined :v:

Didn't we say at some point last year to not take our lovely advice?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Twelve by Pies posted:

Stewart is questionable and all of the other matchups look pretty bad. I've got waivers in for Fozzy Whitaker, Denard Robinson, Willie Snead and Jermaine Kearse, but I'm not sure if I'll get any of them seeing as how I'm last in priority.
This is a bit confusing because dude didn't get a single touch last game but:
code:
ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton reports rookie Cameron Artis-Payne 
would take over as the every-down back if Jonathan Stewart went down.
Sat, Dec 5 Rotoworld

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Despite losing Charles early in the year I still made the playoffs :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jags signed Jonas Grey (off the Miami practice squad). Doesn't sound good for TJ Yeldon.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Metapod posted:

Despite losing Charles early in the year I still made the playoffs :getin:

Same, and man if I had Charles and Allen back my team would be loving stacked

As it is, I'm not hurting

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The guy who signed like 5 free agent tight ends just to gently caress with me has a higher waiver priority than I do, and he can easily cycle them out and pick up the next bunch with our format :gonk:

Gonna be furiously refreshing Vance McDonald injury updates all week

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fast Luck posted:

This is a bit confusing because dude didn't get a single touch last game but:
code:
ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton reports rookie Cameron Artis-Payne 
Sat, Dec 5 Rotoworld

Well poo poo, guess I'll put in one for him too. I have the bench space and it can't hurt.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton reports rookie veteran, Cameron Artis-Payne Newton
Sat, Dec 5 Rotoworld

FIXED

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
One small move cost me my first-round match-up.

I was up by 52.50 points going into Monday's game. He had Manning, OBJ, and the NYG defense, while I had Landry playing. He ended up winning by 2.38 points.

My small move? After weeks of not getting much from McManus, I chose the K that put up the most points in the past 4 weeks that was still available on the WW. Prater put up 2 points, whereas McManus had 13 points. I should have just let it be.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Twin Cinema posted:

One small move cost me my first-round match-up.

I was up by 52.50 points going into Monday's game. He had Manning, OBJ, and the NYG defense, while I had Landry playing. He ended up winning by 2.38 points.

My small move? After weeks of not getting much from McManus, I chose the K that put up the most points in the past 4 weeks that was still available on the WW. Prater put up 2 points, whereas McManus had 13 points. I should have just let it be.

Same exact thing (re: Prater/McManus) happened to me :(:respek::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Murmur Twin posted:

Same exact thing (re: Prater/McManus) happened to me :(:respek::(

Haha, same here but I still won. loving kickers man.

• Locked thread