Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

great tat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: all of the hate for that incredibly innocuous gif

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Twin Peaks is from 1990, but I guess getting a tat of it in yool 2015 is a bit weird/millennial?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Twin Peaks is from 1990, but I guess getting a tat of it in yool 2015 is a bit weird/millennial?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5939736

It'll be on Showtime again in 2016 or 2017.

It was pretty big news for a while.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Grandmother of Five posted:

can't belive that bitch has time to use a phone when she has kids. don't have a family myself,, i'm atheist, but if that was my familky, nobody would record or film anything, i wouldn't allow it. we'd sit at the dinner table and look each other straight in the eyes, and if the phone rings, we'd just let it ring, & the kids would eat their vegetables, too, not the sugary bullshit cereal that the millenials mom and dad probably let they kids eat, hell they probably eat it themselves, never having growign up. it's the children i'm sad for really, the parents chocse this lazy life of consumer complacency of their own accord, but the kids; probably none of them willbe able to code worth sh*t simply because of how their parents and "improvred" userinterfaces will shelter them from the real world where some of us grew up having to blow into NES cartridges

This but unironically

> can't belive that bitch has time to use a phone when she has kids. don't have a family myself,, i'm atheist, but if that was my familky, nobody would record or film anything, i wouldn't allow it.

I wouldn't let them have ipods. They will live as I lived because clearly something has gone horribly wrong. They can have a discman with 6 seconds of anti-skip, that eats through two double a batteries in 2 hours and they'll love every second of having music on the go.

> we'd sit at the dinner table and look each other straight in the eyes, and if the phone rings, we'd just let it ring, & the kids would eat their vegetables, too, not the sugary bullshit cereal that the millenials mom and dad probably let they kids eat, hell they probably eat it themselves, never having growign up.

Even doctors will tell you this is a good idea. You non-vaccinated, "they're only doctors", "I have webmd", bastards.

> it's the children i'm sad for really, the parents chocse this lazy life of consumer complacency of their own accord, but the kids; probably none of them willbe able to code worth sh*t simply because of how their parents and "improvred" userinterfaces will shelter them from the real world where some of us grew up having to blow into NES cartridges

Blowing on cartridges was easy because we used to use our lungs for something other than going to the fridge 5 times a day. We were busy developing the technology that will probably keep your weak seated in a chair lungs alive.

Hipsters.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

ghostter posted:

they look liek a vlogger family to me like those shitfarts who end their name with fart or tard or something and make millions whoring their personal life out on youtube.

They probably have hilarious prank videos too, like OMG MILLENNIAL DAD RUNS KIDS OVER WITH LAWNMOWER. Mom thinks kids are dead, dad reveals prank, mom slaps dad and says he has to sleep on the couch. LIKE, FAVORITE, SUBSCRIBE, FOLLOW US ON TWITTER.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

30-something nearing on 40 gbs style goon IT worker, sitting in a 1 room apartment that smells of sweat and rear end, looking at funny pictures of millenials inbetween playing on line games that tricks his brain into thinking he is doing something worthwhile by releasing dopamin when he presses the mouse buttons faster than a child, his eye catching the big gif of the happy family: it seems to me that society is bull poo poo, some how

Poty

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Rod Munch posted:

They probably have hilarious prank videos too, like OMG MILLENNIAL DAD RUNS KIDS OVER WITH LAWNMOWER. Mom thinks kids are dead, dad reveals prank, mom slaps dad and says he has to sleep on the couch. LIKE, FAVORITE, SUBSCRIBE, FOLLOW US ON TWITTER.

they probably dont' even sleep together they are too busy shoving their phones in their face and taking selfie vlogs to have sex, stupid fags.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ghostter posted:

they probably dont' even sleep together they are too busy shoving their phones in their face and taking selfie vlogs to have sex, stupid fags.
what loving year is it that vlogs are still popular?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

nomadologique posted:

men acting as women acting as men, kissing men acting as men who are attracted to men acting as women acting as men

it's the queerest thing in town boyo

But that's just centuries-ago theater producers because they didn't like giving women jobs, where everyone in the audience who wasn't rich as gently caress stood on discarded peanut shells in the dirt. How anyone romanticizes the past I'll never understand. Modern productions don't have dudes playing women and the script is agnostic to the players' logistics so "Shakespeare" does not imply what you're saying it implies. Now lay off and let me denigrate.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Twin Peaks is from 1990, but I guess getting a tat of it in yool 2015 is a bit weird/snake person?

I've got good news. That show you like is going to come back in style.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

nomadologique posted:

men acting as women acting as men, kissing men acting as men who are attracted to men acting as women acting as men

I don't know if I like this new Blur song.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is it possible, at all possible, that Millennials are simply better people than the Others?

Is it possible, at all possible, that the Others misunderstanding, fearing and looking down on the Millennials is like the neanderthals of old staring with fear and confusion at the evolved new homo sapiens and knowing, just knowing that their own kind was at the end of their road, and that there was no more room in this world for them

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 15, 2015

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Zzulu posted:

Is it possible, at all possible, that Millennials are simply better people than the Others?

Possibly but there's no way they are better than They, They loving rule.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i'm a millennial

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ghostter posted:

i'm a millennial
loving scum

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

symbolic posted:

loving scum

:smithfrog:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

ghostter posted:

i'm a millennial

drat it, Bobby.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Don Tacorleone posted:

What the taco is, to me, is a moment in a man's life

2 faggy millennial talking about tacos in public, and aware they're being recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK9Sgxzrg9g

this is some taco bell poo poo right here

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Rod Munch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1ucpFTkB8

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ya i made this acount when i was 15 i think maybe but enoguh about me (sorry milennial trait, just talking about myself lol :rolleye:) here's some millennials shutting down a major highway yesterday for a proposal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPG7P6jvb6Q

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ghostter posted:

here's some millennials shutting down a major highway yesterday for a proposal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPG7P6jvb6Q
is it socially acceptable to run over idiots yet?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ths dude is so lame

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Chinatown posted:

this is some taco bell poo poo right here

how much you think those fancy tacos cost

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

what loving year is it that vlogs are still popular?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i thought they died out in 2010/11 like conventional let's plays did

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

symbolic posted:

easy there grandpa like dont need a history lesson lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just wanted to say real quick that I really dislike that taco/hamburger guy.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

symbolic posted:

what is a conventional let's play

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Weird BIAS posted:

what is a conventional let's play
no facecams, no clinging on to the game of the week, no bullshit

i remember watching chuggaaconroy's Super Mario Sunshine Let's Play back in 2009/10 and thinking it was the greatest thing ever

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Watching other people play video games in any context sucks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

Watching other people play video games in any context sucks
okay, grandpa :rolleyes:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd rather watch a dog take a poo poo than watch a stranger playing a video game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

I'd rather watch a dog take a poo poo than watch a stranger playing a video game.
if that's what you're into, that's okay

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

no facecams, no clinging on to the game of the week, no bullshit

i remember watching chuggaaconroy's Super Mario Sunshine Let's Play back in 2009/10 and thinking it was the greatest thing ever

yeah past me was pretty dumb too

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah past me was pretty dumb too
yeah i can't watch it now without feeling anything but a mix of nostalgia and boredom. the magic is gone.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Automatic Slim posted:

Maybe. Nothing's definitive with a 5 sec. gif. On the other hand, those children will never, ever see their mother's face with their own eyes. Only through watching a screen because a loving camera is always in front of her face filming poo poo.

"The only time I see video of this woman, she's using a camera to take a video. Obviously a loving camera is always in front of her face filming poo poo, and those children will never, ever see their mother's face with their own eyes!"

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Some of the Sheep posted:

"The only time I see video of this a woman, she's using a camera to take a video."

ftfy

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

An acceptable change, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

DreamShipWrecked posted:

are you dumb?

• Locked thread