Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Help Im Alive posted:

Has anyone actually tried putting an apple watch on their dick

What happens

Fire up the heart rate app and it will take a reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

So $200 for an Apple Watch Sport (factoring the $100 gift card)?

150. Got the 38 for my wife for xmas.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Has anyone actually tried putting an apple watch on their dick

What happens

Gives you a thumbs up or thumbs down.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Seriously perturbed at this rapid price drop. What was the last product they did this on, the iPad? Seems like they refunded early buyers if my memory serves? But this half price poo poo is annoying af, especially if you're trying to resell.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pipebomb posted:

Seriously perturbed at this rapid price drop. What was the last product they did this on, the iPad? Seems like they refunded early buyers if my memory serves? But this half price poo poo is annoying af, especially if you're trying to resell.

Apple isn't the one doing the price drops. Why would they refund early buyers because of Best Buy or Target sales. Also, the last time there was a 'refund' it was with the 1st gen iPhone and all Apple did was give people $100 Apple store credit.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 14, 2015

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
And the half off is specifically manipulating two different deals to get 25% off and another 25% on a gift card, not 50% off at one store.

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003
Target didn't want to play, at least my area. They said they can do either the price match or gift card.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Not shocked.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Apple isn't the one doing the price drops. Why would they refund early buyers because of Best Buy or Target sales. Also, the last time there was a 'refund' it was with the 1st gen iPhone and all Apple did was give people $100 Apple store credit.

It seems like the retailers must have more margin on the watch than they normally would on an Apple product.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boner Wad posted:

Target didn't want to play, at least my area. They said they can do either the price match or gift card.

They dgaf for me. Maybe try another store?

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.

smackfu posted:

Not shocked.

It seems like the retailers must have more margin on the watch than they normally would on an Apple product.

This is really my point. It not only is a bit of a drag for early buyers, but it gives the impression that it is not doing well overall.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Last year I bought an iPad Air 2 for $100 off around Black Friday from Best Buy. The air had been out less than 6 months if I remember correctly. I doubt it has to do with bad sales, as much as pushing volume of a tech gift around holiday time for a retailer that historically has struggled.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
I'm just bitter and butt hurt because I hate losing money on a deal. 😡

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

pipebomb posted:

You didn't lose more.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

smackfu posted:

Not shocked.

$5-$50 depending on the model, they're using it as a loss leader.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

pipebomb posted:

You bought like 20 watch bands, I don't think there was every any hope of you not losing money.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
Ok fine. I'm butt hurt because I over-invested in something I shouldn't have.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

pipebomb posted:

Ok fine. I'm butt hurt because I over-invested in something I shouldn't have.

When did you over invest? At the time you wanted it, it was the price you paid.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
I bought accessories I wanted, based on the old assumption it would hold value. It didn't, so ifucked myself. Now I need to sell everything for around 425 just to be competitive. Somebody go buy it before I give it to a homeless person.

Also I spent two hours in a store trying to buy non-gluten food for a holiday party tomorrow and I'm still pissed about that. Kill me dead and gnarl my tired bones.

VV loving bitch faces I will buy extra gluten and eat THEIR withered flesh VV

pipebomb fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 15, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Odds are none of your guests are actually allergic to gluten. Just tell them it's all gluten free and they'll be fine.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The Apple Watch bands are gluten free.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I warned all of you and you didn't listen and you spent $100+ for bands that literally work for one watch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pipebomb posted:

I bought accessories I wanted, based on the old assumption it would hold value. It didn't, so ifucked myself. Now I need to sell everything for around 425 just to be competitive. Somebody go buy it before I give it to a homeless person.
Ah yes, first-gen tech is well known for holding value. I just sold my original iPhone for $800!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Well if it was unopened you'd do all right...

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.

Endless Mike posted:

Ah yes, first-gen tech is well known for holding value. I just sold my original iPhone for $800!

Ok, go sell your iPhones 6s+ for $400 and let me know how you feel then. C'mon, you know what I meant. I don't think Apple have a moral or ethical or logical sense of responsibility about this. I'm just annoyed that buying an apple product is now the equivalent of buying a car and driving it off the lot to an instant devaluation.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That's a lot of freaking out over an unusual conjunction of just-before-Christmas gadget sales.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pipebomb posted:

Ok, go sell your iPhones 6s+ for $400 and let me know how you feel then. C'mon, you know what I meant. I don't think Apple have a moral or ethical or logical sense of responsibility about this. I'm just annoyed that buying an apple product is now the equivalent of buying a car and driving it off the lot to an instant devaluation.

It's a completely luxury (as in unnecessary) tech buy, a first gen product from a company notorious for making lovely first gen products, and it came out a few months before the holiday shopping season. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because it seemed like you were annoyed but knew it was reasonable to expect your resell price to be a bit lower than you paid, but now I'm not sure, hah :)

In any case, better to sell now before Christmas even if the second-hand price is deflated, as it's only going to be deflated more after both (1) everyone that wants one gets one for Christmas and (2) everyone that got one for Christmas and realized they don't actually use it looks to resell over the next few months. Not like any of this is unique to Apple or the Apple Watch, obviously.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
pipebomb please stop replying this whole thing is nonsense

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.

noirstronaut posted:

pipebomb please stop replying this whole thing is nonsense

Fine. I'll complain on my livejournal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So my phone got a data leak that ate all my data plan in like an hour and a half. I called Apple and while there was nothing they could do about that because it's Verizon not them, because the issue was their fault they gave me $80 credit. I bought that snazzy magnetic stand thing from their site so I can keep my phone in night stand mode now.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I feel like that is not how data leaks work

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

TheJoker138 posted:

So my phone got a data leak that ate all my data plan in like an hour and a half. I called Apple and while there was nothing they could do about that because it's Verizon not them, because the issue was their fault they gave me $80 credit. I bought that snazzy magnetic stand thing from their site so I can keep my phone in night stand mode now.

a data leak is when someone leaks confidential data to like the press or the feds
a memory leak is when software doesn't deallocate memory right so it just keeps on using more
what you have there is called 'your software is using too much data'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What info do I have to leak I get a free $80

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Help Im Alive posted:

What info do I have to leak I get a free $80

send me nudes and i'll venmo you 80 right now

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

send me nudes and i'll venmo you 80 right now

I'll send you nudes for free, man. All you had to do was ask.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'll send you nudes for free, man. All you had to do was ask.

You should have a little self respect

I would die before giving up my nudes for even one cent less than the price of a magnetic apple watch night stand

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I signed into apple music after doing some stuff with my library on itunes and it automatically, without asking me or telling me it was doing this, started downloading my entire library. Over LTE. I only noticed it because I got a message from Verizon saying I used up 90% of my 18 gb data plan. I spent 4 hours talking to Apple both on the phone and in person and they couldn't figure out why it did that, and the only way to clear my download list (they tried doing it from there end and it didn't take) was for me to reset my whole phone, which fixed the issue.

So yes, it was a data leak in that it was literally leaking data with no way to stop it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That's like saying you had a water leak in your house because you forgot to turn your faucet all the way to the left

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
pipebomb, have you tried Craigslist yet? I listed my watch on SA Mart a week ago to near zero interest, but was able to sell mine on CL in 24 hours.

ANYWAY, question: now that I'm without a watch, is there any way to get rid of the 'Activity' app on my phone? I know I can just hide it in a folder, but seeing as it doesn't show up in the first place until you activate a watch, it'd be nice if there's some way to get rid of it as well when you don't have a watch synced.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

That's like saying you had a water leak in your house because you forgot to turn your faucet all the way to the left

No, it's like saying I had a water leak in my house because after installing a new faucet my water main exploded. All my settings were correct. Automatic downloads were off, and there was literally no reason anyone who worked at Apple could find for as to why it was doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheJoker138 posted:

No, it's like saying I had a water leak in my house because after installing a new faucet my water main exploded. All my settings were correct. Automatic downloads were off, and there was literally no reason anyone who worked at Apple could find for as to why it was doing it.

But that's not what happened in your case. Downloading over LTE "accidentally" didn't cause a data leak. You're using the verbiage for one thing to describe a totally different thing. If downloading over LTE caused you to somehow leak the data of your local government or some poo poo, it'd be the same idea.

• Locked thread