Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

VineST posted:

are you a professional Isaac speedracer

i am and i agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

TheModernAmerican posted:

Die at the start of the game for the extra 20% damage. And as always, just hold R until you find a carry item. I don't know how you guys fart your way through a single room on base stats, it's insane.

As a masochist I like suffering for the first 2 floors so I can spend all those sweet extra first life hearts on devil deals.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

lol at playing with base stats when rag man is a basement boss

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Eat a dick, Ed

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dis astranagant posted:

Eat a dick, Ed

I think it's just a graphical bug, you should be able to walk over them.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Today's Daily went rather fast:

It's a shame that Greedbutt site doesn't have time ranks, since whenever you go for a good time, you end up with a pitiful amount of points.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Wugga posted:

Today's Daily went rather fast:

It's a shame that Greedbutt site doesn't have time ranks, since whenever you go for a good time, you end up with a pitiful amount of points.

There's a shovel in the Depths 2 secret room

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Unlocked the keeper so thankfully I am done with the greed mode grind. Once I unlock the lost and fill out these post its, I can stop playing for unlocks and try to do some fun stuff again.

Krampus' head is such poo poo now. It was bad enough after the nerf to 6 room charge, but the spinning shot now basically means it will always fire the opposite way I need it to

Oh well at least I never have to play blue baby or Maggie again

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Head posted:

Maggy with no damage upgrades vs 2 Ragmen on the basement in Greed mode. K.

This boss turns up like the people who designed him think he's about as difficult as Larry Jr or something. Why do the spiders he spawns have so much goddamn HP?

The revive on rag man should probably be a modifier and not baseline. The spiders having a lot of hp seems okay since hitting the head as it's spawning damages rag man himself but if he revives like 2-3 spiders despite your best efforts to knock him away :ohdear:.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ragman would be a perfectly fine boss if the spawned spiders had damage done to them equal to the damage you dealt to the rolling head.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Rag man is very easy and I don't know why anyone has trouble with him, and this isn't even including my usual reset-until-good-item strategy. You just circle strafe him, which is the strategy for virtually every enemy in Isaac.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rag man is very easy and I don't know why anyone has trouble with him, and this isn't even including my usual reset-until-good-item strategy. You just circle strafe him, which is the strategy for virtually every enemy in Isaac.

He's not hard, he just takes way too long.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

He takes around a minute on base damage, a little annoying, but not that bad. Fistula can take about 2 minutes on base damage.

And the damage you do to his head rolling around does damage the boss proper, so it's not like its stealing your damage or something.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Ragman is generally easy but he can get un-fun very fast if you don't manage the spiders properly (or if RNG fucks you and he spams his resurrect attack several times in a row). As long as you keep hitting the rolling head it should die before it turns into a spider, if it does turn into one just ignore it and keep focusing the head or you get overwhelmed with spider adds.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

It might be because of me targeting the spiders of they spawn but I believe he can only spawn 2 of them at any one time.

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 16, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

It might be because of me targeting the spiders of they spawn but u believe he can only spawn 2 of them at any one time.

3 is the max iirc.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think I've had 3 or 4 in a room at once when I had a really bad eden roll and got ragman.

I think I'd rather get Rag Man than a dingle variant or the haunt still tho.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Any raglings that spawn with Ragman don't count as his, they don't leave corpses. Also I'm not sure if Ragman will hide behind raglings he didn't spawn himself. Might be worth playing around in a 2x Ragman room in the Chest if you don't run him the gently caress over as soon as you enter the room.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

Magnet tears and Dr Fetus = you're gonna have a good time playing this game, The Binding of Isaac

My new favorite thing for magnet tears is Explosivo. The sticky shots that grow still have the magnet effect and it increases as they grow, which not only draws nearby enemies into the explosion but continues to pull the enemy it's stuck on so it kind of pins the main enemy to the wall in the direction the bomb is stuck to them.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

There's a shovel in the Depths 2 secret room

I didn't find the Shovel this time around, but I managed to get the Rune Bag through D4 rerolling, so I was able to take on Satan anyway. It's kind of silly how many dailies require you to find one specific item or rune if you want to have a chance at a decent score, though.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, I found an interesting bug with the Keeper. I picked up Abbadon (for free, used credit card on Satan), died (it took all my red heart coins and replaced them with dark hearts flies) and I then respawned (had dead cat) outside the room with half a soul heart. Not sure how that worked. I was still the keeper too so I still had the triple shot and all hearts on the ground became flies.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Zoness posted:

I think I've had 3 or 4 in a room at once when I had a really bad eden roll and got ragman.

I think I'd rather get Rag Man than a dingle variant or the haunt still tho.

The Champion Dingle with the red poop can gently caress off forever and always.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Alkydere posted:

So, I found an interesting bug with the Keeper. I picked up Abbadon (for free, used credit card on Satan), died (it took all my red heart coins and replaced them with dark hearts flies) and I then respawned (had dead cat) outside the room with half a soul heart. Not sure how that worked. I was still the keeper too so I still had the triple shot and all hearts on the ground became flies.

I tried experimenting with this, and unfortunately I couldn't find anything interesting interactions. You're left with half a soul heart no matter which extra life item you take (That doesn't turn you into another character.) Picking up an HP up will add a coin container back, but you still have the half a soul heart. Picking up another HP up item fixes your HP completely. So unfortunately, nothing interesting there.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Well I managed to beat greed mode with the keeper so thank gently caress I never have to play that mode again, but after spending the last couple hours holding the r key in hard mode trying to get anything going and failing, I have discovered that afterbirth is just a badly designed game. When you find yourself trying to beat a mode just so you never have to play it again, it is bad.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bassguitarhero posted:

Well I managed to beat greed mode with the keeper so thank gently caress I never have to play that mode again, but after spending the last couple hours holding the r key in hard mode trying to get anything going and failing, I have discovered that afterbirth is just a badly designed game. When you find yourself trying to beat a mode just so you never have to play it again, it is bad.

Keeper is bad. Greed mode is pretty fun and a refreshing change of pace.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Scolex, Mega Fatty, Carrion Queen, The Bloat and all similar bosses can all gently caress off.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Scolex?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

He's not hard, but he's really annoying to fight since his weak point is his tail. And the only good opportunity to attack him is when he sticks his tail out of the ground, which doesn't happen often.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
gnawed leaf, succubus, bandage girl, and dad's key with a powerful enough build to reach Hush? Thanks for covering my last two completion marks for The Lost, Binding of Isaac.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
New sacrifice rooms are awesome. FINALLY done with the Keeper. Just the item hunt left!

Is Eden still the recommended way to find Mega Blast?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What's different about the sacrifice rooms?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Brannock posted:

What's different about the sacrifice rooms?

They got a massive rework in an update. Short version is that they're good now. Really good.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Has there been any update on if/when we're getting Afterbirth on Vita/3DS?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Filling out my Blue Baby card and found something interesting I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: The Poop now knocks back enemies in a small radius when you use it. No idea which patch added that since I don't play blue baby much.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Filling out my Blue Baby card and found something interesting I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: The Poop now knocks back enemies in a small radius when you use it. No idea which patch added that since I don't play blue baby much.

So basically, like the old Butter Bean? Because that's definitely new and wasn't a thing before.

Oh here's another change I didn't see mentioned here. Midas Touch increases the spawn rate of golden poops if Isaac poops.(The Poop, Re-Lax pill, or A Card Against Humanity.) Though it has no effect on poops that already spawned in rooms.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 16, 2015

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dr. Fetus posted:

So basically, like the old Butter Bean? Because that's definitely new and wasn't a thing before.

Yep, except it repels bullets as well (just checked since I never thought to try that in the run I discovered it) so I guess it's technically a better butter bean.

The knockback is pretty tiny, if I had to guess I'd say the eight tiles surrounding isaac at best if that helps at all. Idk if that's normal for knockback/bean items since I tend to avoid them.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Butter Bean was updated to deflect projectiles as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Yep, except it repels bullets as well (just checked since I never thought to try that in the run I discovered it) so I guess it's technically a better butter bean.

The knockback is pretty tiny, if I had to guess I'd say the eight tiles surrounding isaac at best if that helps at all. Idk if that's normal for knockback/bean items since I tend to avoid them.

Might be the same/slightly smaller radius as Butter Bean now that I've tested it out. Though it's not necessarily a better Butter Bean, since it can only be used once per room, and Butter Bean can recharge while you're doing a room. That does give The Poop a bit more utility.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I got so lucky. Eden's Blessing gave me the Leech at the start of a Lost Greed run. That, ???'s Only Friend, BFF, Infestation 2, and Hive Mind meant powerful pets doing most of the work for me. Mom's Knife and Empty Vessel from Devil Rooms were the icing on the cake. And now I've unlocked Zodiac.

Having Holy Mantle takes a lot of the stress-induced failures away from Lost runs. I like that addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Rollersnake posted:

Has there been any update on if/when we're getting Afterbirth on Vita/3DS?

I believe never because the systems can't handle it. May have changed, I don't know.