Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Visidan posted:

Kill people, take objectives. I dunno if you're on mag but if you see SFD roaming around just follow us around for a bit.

WvW is in a really bad spot atm, there's only one decent map Eternal Battlegrounds don't bother going to the others.

Would having the glacial borderlands again even make a difference among all the other poo poo the changes to WvW and guild bonuses did to this mode?

The new maps are pretty and that's mostly it, but that's generally the thing with this expansion (other than the thread title), to the point I think the only competent people working for Anet are the web programmers and the artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

orcane posted:

Do you even have enough character slots for all your horrible hilarious names?

no but i share them so that they can be used

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Stalins Moustache posted:

And I just realized that back in June that I had no idea what I was doing in WvW, and after having tried it out again just now, I've still absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I join, I run around on the big map and completely at loss for what to do, find some fellow players who won't answer my questions and then I just end up leaving. What's even the point in WvW? What do I actually do in WvW maps?

As far as I can tell you run around in a big zerg killing each others champion mobs over and over again and try to avoid enemy players

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

orcane posted:

Would having the glacial borderlands again even make a difference among all the other poo poo the changes to WvW and guild bonuses did to this mode?

Yes, absolutely.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

it would also help if everything didn't auto-upgrade while you just sat there with a thumb up your rear end

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
At the very least this would cut down on the pointless running around. (God forbids you die and have to waypoint)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ah come on, spending the next 5+ minutes catching up to a group (then running around a corner into an enemy zerg just so I can do it again) has always been my favourite part of WvW/EotM.

Kessel posted:

it would also help if everything didn't auto-upgrade while you just sat there with a thumb up your rear end

Yeah that's what I meant with the other changes. But I can see how the smaller glacial borderlands would at least make things slightly better.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
New hairstyles!
https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/photos/a.135044094208.103264.114036714208/10153429273064209/?type=3&theater

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

like the 2 human ones, and the male norn

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Some of those are anime as poo poo.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Some of those are anime as poo poo.

What else were you expecting? :anime:

Edit: probably deleting my last human character, a DH. Now to make him Norn, of which I have like 4 others, or Charr, of which I have one...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

quote:

Tangled Depths
Fixed an issue that was causing the chak gerents to scale too aggressively when players joined their lanes.

Woo hopefully TD is actually possible now

E: Good to see they decided not to nerf Chrono at all this patch :rolleyes:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Yo they just made placing poo poo in guild halls like a million times easier, so that fountain that took like an hour to make before now would take like 3 minutes. Its awesome.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it took them this long to maybe realize that the gerent event was maybe broken to gently caress?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Yo they just made placing poo poo in guild halls like a million times easier, so that fountain that took like an hour to make before now would take like 3 minutes. Its awesome.

I hope that includes deleting specific items rather than plopping your green circle on or near them and hoping for the best

e: 3 years later we finally get a new hairstyle I want on my cat and of course something about it fucks up your eyeballs

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 15, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hope that includes deleting specific items rather than plopping your green circle on or near them and hoping for the best

Nah that still sucks poo poo, but at least the thing you are destroying to delete the small thing thats hosed up is much easier to build back.

Also sometimes when you place things there is a dumb green aoe circle blocking what it would look like, but I'm sure they will patch that away eventually. hopefully.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it took them this long to maybe realize that the gerent event was maybe broken to gently caress?

I think it just took them this long to fix it; you'd see the occasional dev running around doing the event, say nothing the whole time, then leave shortly after.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
New Timekeeper Weapon Skins
http://dulfy.net/2015/12/15/gw2-timekeeper-weapon-skins-gallery/

Rifle, Pistol, Sword, Focus look pretty good. Hammer isn't bad either.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cletus the patch changed the bee gems into the snowflake gems :saddowns:

e:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 15, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

Those look weeeeeird, I'll have to see them animated.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

UchihaHirou posted:

I'm so glad they keep their artists busy making exploitative lottery rewards instead of wasting their time putting them into the content rich 50$ expansion.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

e:

oof, that's not good.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

e:

That's the dumbest mmo bug I've seen in a while.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do you get the snowflake gem?! :o

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.
Christmas gift for Arus -

Party members will now display WvW rank instead of Mastery points when in WvW

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Axialbloom posted:

Christmas gift for Arus -

Party members will now display WvW rank instead of Mastery points when in WvW

Does it still show the stupid pvp league gem?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

It's not a bug, they want you to feel the christmas spirit, duh

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

orcane posted:

I'm so glad they keep their artists busy making exploitative lottery rewards instead of wasting their time putting them into the content rich 50$ expansion.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Is The Snow Man of SFD taken?

RIP Bee Man.

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

orcane posted:

Seriously, we only got 3 sets of new armor with the expansion but somehow they found the time to release what, 4 sets of BL weapons since then. And they were all garbage too.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Looks like I get to make the new holiday shoulder item, cause Deathflix and Chill needs a snowflake aura.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

quote:

The engineer’s Grenade Barrage will once again use legendry weapon effects.

Is xmas saved yet?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Totbot posted:

Looks like I get to make the new holiday shoulder item, cause Deathflix and Chill needs a snowflake aura.

I wish they'd kept with gems/infusions for auras rather than starting to use the shoulder slot.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I wish they'd kept with gems/infusions for auras rather than starting to use the shoulder slot.

Ditto, most shoulderless looks are totally dumb.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

3 years later we finally get a new hairstyle I want on my cat and of course something about it fucks up your eyeballs

Rox has competition.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

e:

So you're saying I should hold off logging in on Unbeelievable until they fix this :v:?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

UchihaHirou posted:

Is xmas saved yet?

Now if only it worked with the regular grenade kit too so I could sit back and do nothing but throw exploding confetti

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mercurius posted:

So you're saying I should hold off logging in on Unbeelievable until they fix this :v:?

They said they're working on it. It's kind of growing on me so I'm bummed that it's a shoulder item and not actually supposed to be a gem :downs:

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Piles of snow were underwhelming at first, but they make great staircases!

Unfortunately, while they make awesome spiral stairs, they hit a decoration limit pretty fast if you build too compactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

• Locked thread