Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
To my immense irritation, the company I ordered from has suddenly refused to ship to my Santee's home country. I have had to give my home address and will send everything on when it arrives (which should be tomorrow or the day after).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I've updated your entry accordingly, thanks!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Another reminder for any unfortunate Santa who received me but my post office is currently shut down due to being flooded recently along with a good chunk of the town I live in. An update to the situation is that local mail has been routed to another city, but the process is slow-going as they transfer mail from the flooded office to the other one as well as long-rear end lines and wait times. I checked this last Saturday and didn't find anything but that doesn't mean nothing has been delivered. I'll be checking again on Wednesday or so. Unfortunately there's no ETA on when our local post office will reopen, but if your gift to me is stuck in limbo because of this then I apologize and will endeavor to get you some peace of mind ASAP.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Kai Tave posted:

Another reminder for any unfortunate Santa who received me but my post office is currently shut down due to being flooded recently along with a good chunk of the town I live in. An update to the situation is that local mail has been routed to another city, but the process is slow-going as they transfer mail from the flooded office to the other one as well as long-rear end lines and wait times. I checked this last Saturday and didn't find anything but that doesn't mean nothing has been delivered. I'll be checking again on Wednesday or so. Unfortunately there's no ETA on when our local post office will reopen, but if your gift to me is stuck in limbo because of this then I apologize and will endeavor to get you some peace of mind ASAP.

That's awful! I hope they get the flooding under control soon and that you have a dry place to sleep!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

LLSix posted:

That's awful! I hope they get the flooding under control soon and that you have a dry place to sleep!

Homewise I'm fine, we live up on a hill and the water didn't get to us, but the downtown area including the post office and a bunch of local businesses got the short end of the stick.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ho Ho Ho!

I must have been a very good grognard this year...

The Inspector examined the two brown paper parcels and the sweet rear end card that Santauralsaurus Flex sent. The card had a huge apology on the back for some of Amazon's packing issues. Dude, no worries. The item in question looks great.

I opened it up and found wondrous things...

Auralsaurus Flex, Mouse Guard is the only Luke Crane game I would have ever considered owning, I have an eleven year old niece that I just got hooked with Golden Sky Stories and Mice and Mystics. I showed her Mouse Guard and now she wants to play immediately!

Best Santa EVER!

And another item has arrived! (No picture this time sadly). It is a softcover of Kevin Crawford's Exemplars & Eidolons!

Thank you again Santauralsaurus!

Treser
Sep 2, 2013

It's not supposed to be safe

Pyrolocutus posted:

My gift is away! Someone should be receiving it in 3 business days!

And it has been received!

Unfortunately my package inspector ran out the door when I got home so I must be brave.

I boldly opened the packaged to find:

Holy poo poo, mang! Talk about the massive amounts of undead! I am actually going to be demoing Malifaux this weekend, by the way. I'm looking forward to trying it out. These undead rockers will probably go pretty nicely in my D&D campaigns I tend to run as well. U dun gud.

Treser fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 15, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

thespaceinvader posted:

What's this?!
Why it's a package from Amazon (that apparently my phone blurred the poo poo out of lol)

No inspector from me either, but a nice note:

(I checked the delivery note and couldn't wait to open them as I'm probably using them on Wednesday evening...

It's some Imperial Aces. Thanks goon santa YF19pilot.

Part one of my Cheer is listed as having been signed for by a goon's concierge (fancy) so should be picked up this evening. If part 2 hasn't been dispatched by close of play tomorrow I will ring them and chase.

Awesome, glad you got them! Amazon got them out a lot quicker than I thought (and they kept changing the ETA so many times). Originally predicted 15-17, but then Monday, and then I got a notice on Saturday that they tried to deliver! Weird stuff.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Kai Tave is a really rad goon. Even though his or her town is having a hard time right now he got me these totally rad games. The giant robot one looks especially radical. I've heard good things about the other two and am super excited about these gifts. Thank you so much!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
You're very welcome. They didn't have anything for those titles specifically formatted for Kindles so I assumed straight pdfs were kosher.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

thegodofchuck posted:

Present Received!

I found a Miniature Market box at my door, and since I actually go to Miniature Market when I shop there, I knew it had to be from a Santa (or some horrible mistake)!

Malifaux Monks gonna make some Kung-Fools!

And it was from my Santee, which I didn't think happened? So thanks Spincut!

One more Santa out there somewhere. Hmm... Actually, let's make that two.

Woo, glad you got it!

I think I'm still waiting on thegodofchuck's part 2 to arrive, and my package must still be sitting at the post office, since my redelivery request was for a week ago at this point. I'll be getting off work early on Friday so I'm going to swing by and hopefully pick it up!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
My first round gift was half recieved, and I have just now found the card that was supposed to accompany the second half of said gift, which was due to be delivered today. So LLSix, if some giftwrapped snacky foods have shown up at your house, those were from me. My lightning round gift hasn't shipped yet, but it was ordered Friday so it should go out soon!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I'll hop in for Lightning Round 4 since all my santee's gifts have been received!

Spincut posted:

I don't really go to SA anymore, but Leperflesh emailed me and TG Secret Santa is one of my favorite things ever, so here I am back for my third year!!

Gift Preferences: I love board games and RPGs, and also play Netrunner and Lord of the Rings LCG! You can check out my board game wish list here and my DTRPG wishlist here for an idea of what I've got my eye on. Generally, though, I like heavier board games and more indie RPGs, and while I have a lot of both, most of the RPGs I have are in PDF format and print copies are always fun.

I also just started getting into Malifaux! I've never done minis before, so I am definitely lacking stuff like brushes, paints, that kind of thing (EDIT: I now have some brushes and paints, thanks to a Santa!), and I only have four boxes at this point (Sonnia Criid, Tara, Toni Ironsides, and Jakob Lynch).

Generally, though, I'm open to a lot of stuff, and if you think it's fun, I'll probably think it's fun too!

General Location: San Francisco, where I'll probably live until the ridiculously high rent forces me to move! YAY!

Solemn Vow: I actually got Leperflesh as my santee last year and managed not to gently caress it up, and I promise I'll treat you as well as I treated him! Or better!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Dear "Goon Santa", who I theorise is thespaceinvader

Your package "Part I" has been received. Your drawing of a Corellian corvette cunningly smuggled it past my drawing of a Star Destroyer. Your note implies a Part II is still on the way - I shall document your wonderful generosity in full when it arrives.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Many apologies for being MIA! And a huge huge huge thank you to my Secret Santa, your gift has arrived safe and sound. The envelope was unmarked, and I didn't actually mean to open it before Christmas, but here it is!

You rock, Secret Santa.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

NovaLion posted:

Many apologies for being MIA! And a huge huge huge thank you to my Secret Santa, your gift has arrived safe and sound. The envelope was unmarked, and I didn't actually mean to open it before Christmas, but here it is!

You rock, Secret Santa.

About the identity of your Secret Santa...

Anyway, yeah, sorry, there was no gift option with the vendor I used. I got some help from the guys in the Warhams IRC since I saw you liked Tau (I did some digging in your post history), and it seemed like a cool thing you could use in your army, hopefully it'll win some battles for you!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Loxbourne posted:

Dear "Goon Santa", who I theorise is thespaceinvader

Your package "Part I" has been received. Your drawing of a Corellian corvette cunningly smuggled it past my drawing of a Star Destroyer. Your note implies a Part II is still on the way - I shall document your wonderful generosity in full when it arrives.

It is indeed.

I'm chasing part 2 now as I've not received a delivery note yet.

E: apparently it has been despatched via yodel(!) I'll send you the code by PM or via TGSS gmail

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 15, 2015

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Spincut posted:

Woo, glad you got it!

I think I'm still waiting on thegodofchuck's part 2 to arrive, and my package must still be sitting at the post office, since my redelivery request was for a week ago at this point. I'll be getting off work early on Friday so I'm going to swing by and hopefully pick it up!

Tracking says it should be there "by 8pm tomorrow" so I'd expect it today or tomorrow (cross your fingers!)

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Got fairly delayed in wrapping the presents, sorry, but got it all posted this morning 1st class. Should be with my santee shortly :)

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 15, 2015

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Came back from introducing my daughter to other babies this morning to discover a note! A package had been left for me with my neighbours, who are very nice but keep strange hours that I can't fathom at all.

Nine hours later, they came home!

Under the watchful eye of the gift inspector, I cracked the cardboard to reveal a very nicely wrapped gift.

It's amazing!

I'm pretty sure the terrible phone-cam picture doesn't show anything, so let me enumerate my largess:
  • A board game about queueing for products in communist Poland, in a very rare international edition! This warms the cockles of my hipster heart, and will be perfect for Family Game Night this Christmas.
  • A metal pin of a can of something labelled 'TUBYSTYCZNA', which Google Translate reckons means 'tourist'. I'm not convinced that's right, but I like it anyway.
  • And something which resembles a ration card, with writing on the back in Polish which I can't read, but which is apparently the key to getting something good from a Polish deli down the road from my house! I love it, and I'll be getting my hands on the goods ASAP.

I'm bowled over - this is all great stuff, and basically perfect for me. A thousand thankyous to my goon santa! (Who signed themselves Santa Snake, but I have no idea if that's their forum ID or just a reference to the MGS-style time-travel message enclosed in the package.)

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Tourist? http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Tourist's_Delight

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh hey, I've actually played that standing-in-line-for-stuff game! It's a wonderful hit of cold-war nostalgia, plus it's kind of a cool worker placement game in its own right. I'd play it again.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

potatocubed posted:

• A board game about queueing for products in communist Poland, in a very rare international edition! This warms the cockles of my hipster heart, and will be perfect for Family Game Night this Christmas.
  • A metal pin of a can of something labelled 'TUBYSTYCZNA', which Google Translate reckons means 'tourist'. I'm not convinced that's right, but I like it anyway.
  • And something which resembles a ration card, with writing on the back in Polish which I can't read, but which is apparently the key to getting something good from a Polish deli down the road from my house! I love it, and I'll be getting my hands on the goods ASAP.

Glad you liked it! A note for each of the gifts:
  • The game is very suitable for family gaming, but be aware it pulls off six languages in one box by virtue of a bunch of stickers to overwrite some cards, so prepare beforehand so the rest of the family doesn't get bored while you fiddle with them. Or you can give them historical essay about shopping in communist time packed in the game to read, an artifact of this thing being actually published by a historical institute.
  • It reads "Turystyczna" and you're correct about the translation (it's "tourist" as an adjective). It's the most vintage local brand of spam. I'm 80% sure it should be present in the game.

• The scribbling on the back is just a reminder of what contraband you're about to receive, in case the clerk gets confused or the owner isn't around.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 15, 2015

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

WereJace posted:

My first round gift was half recieved, and I have just now found the card that was supposed to accompany the second half of said gift, which was due to be delivered today. So LLSix, if some giftwrapped snacky foods have shown up at your house, those were from me. My lightning round gift hasn't shipped yet, but it was ordered Friday so it should go out soon!

Nothing yet today but packages are often delivered to the office after end of hours so I'll check tomorrow.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

Nothing yet today but packages are often delivered to the office after end of hours so I'll check tomorrow.

Alrighty. It seems to have vanished upon reaching the border, so hopefully it is still safely on its way. If you don't see it by the end of the week, I'll fix you up with something else. My lightning round gift also shipped today, so right now it's a race!

Meanwhile, this arrived amidst all of the other Christmas that was heading my way. Thanks, santa, I've had my eye on Space Alert for awhile now!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Part 2 of my Santees gift has been ordered! It should ship tomorrow and easily beat the deadline, I'll be on them if it doesn't. Part 1 is going in the express mailbox on Friday, and then they can race each other.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Firstly, regarding my own Santee, the re-routed gift has arrived and been sent on. Good luck, brave Santee!

Secondly...

A small drawing of a Corellian Corvette sneakily enters the system.

It evades Imperial patrols and docks at Battle Station Wang.

Bearing a cargo of Skellingtons, large treeman things, and gothic tomb accoutrements for Frostgrave...

...an illicit stockpile of Haribo...

...a small band of Orcs, complete with source lighting on the shaman's holy symbol, seriously thespaceinvader tell me the paint colours and wash you used so I can expand these guys...

...and large quantities of Brian Blessed :eyepop:

(It's a poster) Thanks Santa! That warband was seriously above and beyond, I'm impressed!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Loxbourne posted:

Firstly, regarding my own Santee, the re-routed gift has arrived and been sent on. Good luck, brave Santee!

Secondly...

A small drawing of a Corellian Corvette sneakily enters the system.

It evades Imperial patrols and docks at Battle Station Wang.

Bearing a cargo of Skellingtons, large treeman things, and gothic tomb accoutrements for Frostgrave...

...an illicit stockpile of Haribo...

...a small band of Orcs, complete with source lighting on the shaman's holy symbol, seriously thespaceinvader tell me the paint colours and wash you used so I can expand these guys...

...and large quantities of Brian Blessed :eyepop:

(It's a poster) Thanks Santa! That warband was seriously above and beyond, I'm impressed!
Almost all OOP GW paints sadly. The reds were a Blood Red base, Fire Dragon Bright highlight, the greens Dark Angels Green/Goblin Green/Snot Green/Sunburst Yellow, the blues FLGS Navy Blue/Enchanted Blue/Hideous Blue I think, The purple ramp is Naggaroth Night up through the GW purples through old Tentacle Pink to white with a Purple Ink wash. The armour was Leadbelcher with Mithril Silver highlights and some Fire Dragon Bright rust, and the flesh I can't honestly remember, most likely Cadian Fleshtone plus OOP Flesh Wash. The wash overtop of everything else was Devlan Mud almost certainly, and the base is just grey model railway ballast with devlan mud on top. I posted about it in last year's Oath thread if you have archives though, I think that was the one I chose for logging the stuff I used.

Glad you're happy =) I was looking for nerdy rugs, but the Brian Blessed just jumped out at me! Pleased it got there, I was a little worried, having ordered a similar print at a similar time last year and not got it til February D:

No worries - I have so many more Orcs to paint that not having those ready might persuade me to paint some more!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I got a big box and a little box today. I found these inside, no thanks to my useless postal inspector, pictured here with my glamorous painting setup.

:stare: I actually said "Holy poo poo" loud enough for my spouse to ask me what I'd broken.

Who do I have to thank for a literally startling level of generosity?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

A box came today!

What's in the box???

PAINT! More paint!! I...guess I need to start painting things, now...

Thanks, who I assume is thegodofchuck!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Spincut posted:

A box came today!

What's in the box???

PAINT! More paint!! I...guess I need to start painting things, now...

Thanks, who I assume is thegodofchuck!

Yep, that's me. Paints to use the inks with. Enjoy.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

grassy gnoll posted:

I got a big box and a little box today. I found these inside, no thanks to my useless postal inspector, pictured here with my glamorous painting setup.

:stare: I actually said "Holy poo poo" loud enough for my spouse to ask me what I'd broken.

Who do I have to thank for a literally startling level of generosity?

Oh hey, you got it all at once! I had ordered you the Seraphs only at first, but MM said that they were a pre-order when I called about it not shipping very quickly. I didn't realize they had sent it out already! Happy Holidays!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Now that all my santees have received their gifts all I'm left with to obsess over is how long the other gift I'm about to receive will be stuck in the bowels of postage system (not that it really matters, as I'm not unpacking it until 24th). loving postmen, how do they work? :saddowns:

PS. Actually, there is one more thing to be anxious about : potatocubed, I'd appreciate it if you dropped a word on whether the trip to deli was successful, as those guys, while friendly, are a bit of a pain to coordinate poo poo with.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lichtenstein posted:

Now that all my santees have received their gifts all I'm left with to obsess over is how long the other gift I'm about to receive will be stuck in the bowels of postage system (not that it really matters, as I'm not unpacking it until 24th). loving postmen, how do they work? :saddowns:

PS. Actually, there is one more thing to be anxious about : potatocubed, I'd appreciate it if you dropped a word on whether the trip to deli was successful, as those guys, while friendly, are a bit of a pain to coordinate poo poo with.

Not had any post from Scotland have you by any chance..?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Sion posted:

Not had any post from Scotland have you by any chance..?

Alas. I don't doubt that it'll probably get here in time, but since my family managed to inadvertently spoil all poo poo I'm going to get in three separate noodle incidents, I'm sublimating all my christmas excitement onto goons and my girlfriend.

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
Oh! This is exciting; my Secret Santa has arrived!

Expect photos when it's not one of the busiest days of the year at work for me (release tomorrow, plus Company Quarterly Meeting followed by Company Pantomime).

Neil

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi there TGSS nerds! LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4 emails are awaaay!

It's too close to christmas to run another round, so that's gonna be it for this year. All told, when everything is delivered (and there are no grinches), we'll have exchanged 115 gifts! Awesome!

It's time to start putting a fire under a few goon's butts, though. Today is Thursday, December 17th (unless you're in australia, in which case it's already friday the 18th). You have about one week to get your gifts delivered to your Santees. If you haven't already sent them, you probably can't send a gift using ordinary basic postage any more. You can still get stuff delivered on time using Amazon Prime, or using an upgraded shipping option. Check your shipper's special holiday schedule, and then realize that the dates they give are not contractual promises, just estimates, so add a little padding to that!

Here's the info for the USPS, who say that standard post will not get there in time; you can use first-class mail through the 19th (so add a day or two to that and get first class shipped TODAY), Priority Mail shipped by the 21st (call it the 20th), and Priority Express shipped by the 23rd (call it the 22nd, and for gently caress's sake don't leave it that late). Costs for something bigger than an envelope skyrocket as you climb up the priority ladder, but that's on you for waiting so long, procrastinator!

Here's UPS's shipping calendar for the US
Here's the last days to ship for FedEx US

I'm listing every goon whose status isn't "delivered" below. If your name is in bold, then I want to hear from you pronto. Otherwise, this is a bookkeeping exercise and you're probably OK.

Main Round
NTRabbit - ordered/shipped 2/2
WereJace - received 1/2, 1/2 still in shipping?
Galaspar - santee received but not at home to verify for a couple weeks
Namenlos - partial shipped, waiting on the rest?
NeoAnjou - shipped
Sion - shipped
Antivehicular - shipped
Deadgame - no info
EatinCake - no info
El Estrago Bonito - shipping midweek
Felime - construction of gift in progress
LoG - shipped
Mr. Maltose - shipped
MySwan - no info
Niemat - is sending today
Rhjamiz - no info
Selachian - shipping delayed to the 16th (did this go out yet?)
TheSoundNinja - no info

Lightning Bonus Round 1
Kai Tave - shipped, package stuck in-city, post office must be subdued
Babylon Astronaut - no info
LLSix - 2 packages sent, santee hasn't posted receipt

Lightning Bonus Round 2
Spincut - 1/2 received, 1/2 still in transit?
Niemat - is sending today

Lightning Bonus Round 3
Dr. Clockwork - shipped
Loxbourne - shipped
WereJace - ordered

Lightning Bonus Round 4
just got started, all goons presumed in progress.

If your name is in bold, then I want to hear from you pronto.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 17, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Special Request:

A Goon is requesting a list of good nerd shops to shop online at, situated in Australia. I think someone posted something like that, but I can't remember who or when.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Mine shipped yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Cover blown! Kai_Tave please check your PMs ASAP because there has been a hiccup in your delivery.

• Locked thread