Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Metal Bat is going to gently caress Garou's entire world now that his sister is in a dangerous spot.

It's going to be beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Metal Bat feels literally like Ryuji Danma. Maybe I just want more GTO in my life (The Early Years in this specific case).

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
This storyline has done a pretty good job of protecting Metal Bat since he was fighting several Demon level monsters and a Dragon before Garou got to him. It's a good way for him to lose (if he does) and makes me excited for the eventual chapter where Metal Bat is training or fighting and remembers Garou's words about a lack of technique, just like Pri Pri remembering Sea King admonishing his lack of killing intent during the fight with Melzagard.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

There's also the possibility of Metal Bat's little sister having equal/superior skills and they BOTH clean Garou's clock.

Garou is caught off-guard by this and decides to run the gently caress out of there, status quo preserved.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SpacePig posted:

It doesn't have to be Saitama that beats everyone

Oh don't say things you know aren't true, you'll just hurt yourself in the end.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'll turn out that Metal Bat's sister has powers like Tatsumaki and Fubuki only her's is healing through her voice.

This gives Metal Bat the strength to fight again, letting him strike a home run on Garou and finally finish the job with Elder Centipede.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not certain but I think the databook actually says she's really powerful.
No source I can provide for this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Oh don't say things you know aren't true, you'll just hurt yourself in the end.

Saitama didn't beat that regenerating thing with the marbles in it. In fact, it was Metal Bat that figured out how to beat it.:colbert:

e:

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Metal Bat feels literally like Ryuji Danma. Maybe I just want more GTO in my life (The Early Years in this specific case).

GTO is basically the reason I fell in love with Bancho style, so yeah, I could always use more.

I hadn't noticed before that Metal Bat is basically Shonan Ryuji, though.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 15, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I sorta want the next frame to just be Garou looking at MB's little sister and then the one after that is just him getting hit by the bat, perhaps in the face and perhaps the frame is a POV shot. Just "huh, who's that kid?" followed immediately by pain.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

RareAcumen posted:

It'll turn out that Metal Bat's sister has powers like Tatsumaki and Fubuki only her's is healing through her voice.

That's not a power, that's FAMILY SPIRIT!

With Metalbats sister, the most I expect is that she'd be a reverse power limiter. When she's around his power doubles or some such since he has to look out for her. That or she'll ask him to come home and help with the new kittens and that's how the fight ends...

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
My prediction is that Garou will try to hurt her and that will trigger Metal Bat's FAMILY SPIRIT, where he gets up, knocks back Garou, and then escapes with his sister.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Logikv9 posted:

My prediction is that Garou will try to hurt her and that will trigger Metal Bat's FAMILY SPIRIT, where he gets up, knocks back Garou, and then escapes with his sister.

Metal Bat develops haki. Garou faints.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Unless she's a hero herself or something I can't see Garou attacking her. Dude's a dick, but not that kind of dick.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

tsob posted:

Unless she's a hero herself or something I can't see Garou attacking her. Dude's a dick, but not that kind of dick.

If he thinks it'll get a rise out of him he might. Or if she tries fight him herself Licenseless Rider style.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Metal Bat's sister is Blast

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

tlarn posted:

Metal Bat's sister is Blast

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
A delinquent having a sister that is actually also strong & fighty is such a delinquent trope that now im gonna be disappointed if his sister doesnt just kick garou's rear end.

edit: Also got me thinking, Tanktop Vegetarian combines the versatility of the tank top with the nutritional value of vegetables to really get a lot of power, but do we know of any other tank toppers who try to limit break by combining the versatility & freedom of a tank top with something else?

If Tank Top Blackhole really wanted to advance he should combine the power he gains from the versatility of the tank top with something like maybe grip enhance gloves, which enhance the natural grip of the body and work in tandem with the freedom provided by the tank top to double his grip strength.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jerkface posted:

A delinquent having a sister that is actually also strong & fighty is such a delinquent trope that now im gonna be disappointed if his sister doesnt just kick garou's rear end.

Nah dude, it's his little sister. A delinquent's older sister is always stronger than him and probably runs a motorcycle gang or something, but his younger sister must always be protected.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Nah dude, it's his little sister. A delinquent's older sister is always stronger than him and probably runs a motorcycle gang or something, but his younger sister must always be protected.

He's only an hour older. :getin:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

RareAcumen posted:

He's only an hour older. :getin:

She looks just like him but with a bow on her pompadour.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would die if Metal Bat's sister is a female twin with a wooden bat instead or something, but I'd be equally mad that she's not an S ranker just like him.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
she's not an s-rank

she's just a hero for fun :getin:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I would die if Metal Bat's sister is a female twin with a wooden bat instead or something, but I'd be equally mad that she's not an S ranker just like him.

She doesn't want to be a hero, she wants to be a musician/dancer. Remember how Metal Bat is always talking about her recitals? She's gonna capoeira the gently caress out of the place when she sees her brother.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

She can't be a pro hero, she needs to stay in school and get good grades.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Well unless she's Blast you've seen all the S-rank heroes already. So prepare to be mad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
People are allowed to be strong without being a s rank hero or even in the hero system at all so I don't know about that bud...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brightman posted:

She looks just like him but with a bow on her pompadour.

These are both great speculations and I'm so hyped to see the reveal.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

she's not an s-rank

Unlike Tatsumaki, when she kills a monster, it's not nearly as clean. So she refuses to be an actual hero because it's too much of a pain to deal with being drenched in monster blood when you're trying to get to class. Between her and her brother's hero work, there's more than enough blood for the household to deal with.

Also she's got a 17:25 win/loss against her brother for arm wrestling.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

she's not an s-rank

The Hero Association needs more women heroes. I was disappointed that Flashy Flash is a guy, his face is bishie enough that with his outfit and star in his hair I thought he could be a she.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think his sister is just going to be a regular kid.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

CannonFodder posted:

The Hero Association needs more women heroes. I was disappointed that Flashy Flash is a guy, his face is bishie enough that with his outfit and star in his hair I thought he could be a she.

I swear you can count the number of female heroes in the HA with just one hand.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

There's what, Fubiki, Tatsumaki, and Lily from the Blizzard Group? I thought I saw another one, but I think that was just in the tryouts episode.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

El Burbo posted:

SCHOOL CHILD 2

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fellis posted:

SCHOOL CHILD 2

SCHOOL CHILD 1

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

El Burbo posted:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
While I love Metal Bat (he really is one of the best characters, representing so many tropes), I hope he gets up like a Badass motherfucker for Goru to destroy him in a single move.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

TheWyrmDude posted:

There's what, Fubiki, Tatsumaki, and Lily from the Blizzard Group? I thought I saw another one, but I think that was just in the tryouts episode.

Yeah, that's it. I love this series but it could really use some more lady heroes. I think that's basically my only complaint about it, too, aside from "Pri-Pri-Prisoner could be less gross."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, that's it. I love this series but it could really use some more lady heroes. I think that's basically my only complaint about it, too, aside from "Pri-Pri-Prisoner could be less gross."

His boyfriend doesn't think he's gross!!!!

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Work Friend Keven posted:

People are allowed to be strong without being a s rank hero or even in the hero system at all so I don't know about that bud...

Both Saitama and Genos weren't even registered from the start and there are obviously non-hero peeps like Sonic and Garou who are plainly S-Class level, so it totally makes sense there are lots of folks out in the world who are potentially really strong but just don't try, give a poo poo, or haven't come into their own.

Also, just as a music tangent, this man is doing metal proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7G3MTNxBjY

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bat's sister looks like Biscuit from Hunter X Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Lady heroes aren't really realistic to the world of OPM because I don't know if it's possible to get the flexibility and freedom allowed by a tank top if you've also got to wear a bra.