Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Wait, the Port-a-Diner actually works?

Yup. Judging from the link about the pie, I must be absurdly lucky to have ever got it cause my LCK is usually 1 or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Mr Tastee posted:

I have an idea for a companion mod that I want to start working on once the G.E.C.K. for this game comes out. However, I've never done any modding before. Not sure how different a mod for this game would be as opposed to other Bethesda games, but I thought it might be worth asking for general guides and advice to making mods, particularly companion mods.

What are some things I should know?

Presently the companion mods that I know of and use require a one time console use, to run a batch file. it spawns an entity, for instance a radstag, at the exit of V. 111. you have various creatures to choose from.

I'd recommend having a look through the mod, at least to see how the creatures were spawned; http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/696/

For a far superior mod, check out Talkie toasters robot mod, not companions per se.; http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5787/

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Can someone give me some help with Percise Object moving?

Ive got autohotkey installed, started the game, alt-tabbed, ran the script file which loads AH, I opened the Window Spy, I can see that it is seeing the ahk_class Fallout4, but when in game I open console left click an object I want to move but the numb pad keys just enter their regular number into the console, not the script.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

staberind posted:

Presently the companion mods that I know of and use require a one time console use, to run a batch file. it spawns an entity, for instance a radstag, at the exit of V. 111. you have various creatures to choose from.

I'd recommend having a look through the mod, at least to see how the creatures were spawned; http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/696/

For a far superior mod, check out Talkie toasters robot mod, not companions per se.; http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5787/

I see. Thanks for the links. Definitely going to have to wait until the GECK to work on this. It looks like the ones that currently exist are fairly simple, and the companion I plan on making I want to make fairly similar to the companions that are in the base game. Still, it should give me a general idea of how to code mods. Also, do you think it would be helpful to study mod files for other Bethesda games, or do you think it will be too different?

I really want to make The Final Pam a companion. I also want this to be more than "I have an idea", so I want to actually figure out how to program it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

in the ini editor, there's a checkbox for infinite workshop items. Does that mean there's no limit on the number of items you can build in a settlement, or something else? I just tried it and loaded up a save of mine and it seems like I'm still capped for building more things at The Castle...
Don't know about it not working for you, but it should allow you to keep building until the game has a nervous breakdown and crashes.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Don't know about it not working for you, but it should allow you to keep building until the game has a nervous breakdown and crashes.

I think I'm getting close to that level. As I previously mentioned, hell as many people do, I like to equip my settlers. Lately when I go to defend against an attack, I find everyone has reverted to their default outfits. Afterwards, when I trade with them, they still have the combat armor I gave them, but it's not equipped.

I haven't even unlocked all the settlements, and most of them aren't built up at all except for some food and water, maybe a turret. A few are completely empty. I was in the neighborhood of one that was totally empty, and when I opened the workshop, it was maxed out on size, despite having absolutely nothing via "scrapall". It is possible the "scrapall" command is causing this bug. Or it could be my 20 mods :v:.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

Can someone give me some help with Percise Object moving?

Ive got autohotkey installed, started the game, alt-tabbed, ran the script file which loads AH, I opened the Window Spy, I can see that it is seeing the ahk_class Fallout4, but when in game I open console left click an object I want to move but the numb pad keys just enter their regular number into the console, not the script.

did you select the fallout4 process in AH? click the computer icon in the top left

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Stupid idea I had for simulating ammo types...

Have a 'ammunition' mod slot for weapons (similar to the 'Legendary' mod slot created by this mod). Mods that can be applied to this slot include things like AP ammo (ignores some armor), flechette (bleeding), explosive rounds (explodes), match-grade (bonus VATS accuracy), etc.
Scale of effects depends on the weapon - a .308 round from a sniper rifle will obviously do a lot more explosive damage than a 5mm round. In this way you avoid the godly combinations possible with Legendaries.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 15, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

that's not really a stupid idea, that's a scalable, workable brilliant idea that was completely missed by bethesda, much like other easy Good Game Design Decisions

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It's applying a modifier to the weapon and not the ammunition so it can't be easily swapped out and you aren't conserving your good ammo for tough enemies because your good ammo is the same as your basic ammo as soon as you switch to a weapon without that modifier that uses the same ammo

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

strong bird posted:

It's applying a modifier to the weapon and not the ammunition so it can't be easily swapped out and you aren't conserving your good ammo for tough enemies because your good ammo is the same as your basic ammo as soon as you switch to a weapon without that modifier that uses the same ammo

This is correct, but at least it gives a bit more freedom and 'coolness' in customising your weapon without FNV-style support for multiple ammo types.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

The Lone Badger posted:

Stupid idea I had for simulating ammo types...

Have a 'ammunition' mod slot for weapons (similar to the 'Legendary' mod slot created by this mod). Mods that can be applied to this slot include things like AP ammo (ignores some armor), flechette (bleeding), explosive rounds (explodes), match-grade (bonus VATS accuracy), etc.
Scale of effects depends on the weapon - a .308 round from a sniper rifle will obviously do a lot more explosive damage than a 5mm round. In this way you avoid the godly combinations possible with Legendaries.

I would like to add Hellboy's kill anything ammo, except for the Wasteland it would be Radioactive Plasma rounds with Full Metal Jacket core(Weapon does it's normal damage regardless of enemies armor type). Since Hellboy is our narrator would only make sense he would have a workstation with his homemade ammo somewheres

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Zodium posted:

did you select the fallout4 process in AH? click the computer icon in the top left

I think you are confusing AutoHotkey with cheat engine.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'd love a more broken-down version of gun modding. Instead of all the weird half-baked receiver types, change the receiver to just a simple damage/quality determiner (the Standard/Hardened/Powerful/Advanced system works fine, with variants thereof for ammo conversions), and add 'trigger' and 'material' options to mods. Trigger would just be firing type (semi, burst, auto, maybe bolt-action conversion or something), and material could be like, Light (less weight, more recoil), Standard, and Heavy (more weight, less recoil). Barrels could have the other leftover modifiers from the receivers, too. The Stub/Short/Long system is great, but add Calibrated in there for VATS users, and maybe an extra Sniper length for scoped bonuses. Anyone else got ideas?

God the GECK can't come soon enough :(

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

I think you are confusing AutoHotkey with cheat engine.

yeah, i'm thinking of the inferior Place in Red mod/table :downs:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

in the ini editor, there's a checkbox for infinite workshop items. Does that mean there's no limit on the number of items you can build in a settlement, or something else? I just tried it and loaded up a save of mine and it seems like I'm still capped for building more things at The Castle...

For those on PC that don't know...

First, open console and then click on the workbench you're going to modify, then:

getav 348
getav 34a

these 2 values are your current size usage.

getav 349
getav 34b

these 2 values are your current size limit.

modav 349 x
modav 34b x

Increase by x amount. Enter the values returned with getav 349/34b to double the limit, or simply enter the same value but with an extra zero on the end to 10x it.

I can live with no animation I guess- I'm just glad to have something that'll help me manage squeezing ~15-20 beds into some of the tighter settlement locations.

click on a bed then
modpos z 40

get/set/mod/ pos x/y/z are great help when it comes to arranging things in a base. If it looks weird and wiggly, pick it up with E, then press tab to cancel the movement and it'll be fine.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a mod that lets you use crafting benches with power armor on?

Also, is there a mod that removes the junk requirement for crafting?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Peven Stan posted:

Is there a mod that lets you use crafting benches with power armor on?

Also, is there a mod that removes the junk requirement for crafting?

Just use tgm for #2

#1 will likely need the geck. I'd love to be able to use terminals in power armor too.

e: or if you don't want god mode you can just add the crafting components from the console, someone had a big list you could copy/paste to give 10k of everything but I don't have that handy

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Azhais posted:

e: or if you don't want god mode you can just add the crafting components from the console, someone had a big list you could copy/paste to give 10k of everything but I don't have that handy

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QSRY81Qs

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Robot Guardians and followers

There's a loving vertibird follower...

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Can I marry the vertibird.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Phetz posted:

Can I marry the vertibird.

You can stick your dick in it, along with the rest of your body when you mount it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is Full Dialog Options compatible with the item sorting mods? I see posts about it on the nexus, but I have no idea how to differentiate how the heck these things are being installed... or what is being installed. Something about .esp's or strings.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Broose posted:

Is Full Dialog Options compatible with the item sorting mods? I see posts about it on the nexus, but I have no idea how to differentiate how the heck these things are being installed... or what is being installed. Something about .esp's or strings.

Probably compatible, im assuming sorting just reenames items while full dialog does..something else.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I upgraded my PC and forgot to back up my mod folder like an idiot, is there an alternative to ArmorSmith? Or was its feature creep blown out of proportion?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Capn Beeb posted:

I upgraded my PC and forgot to back up my mod folder like an idiot, is there an alternative to ArmorSmith? Or was its feature creep blown out of proportion?

Armorsmith Extended is still pretty good. It does have some feature creep, but it has some pretty good compatability with other major mods and I found all the things theirs did to be appropriate (except I guess the crafted Chinese stealth armor? but you can ignore that).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i'm going to rework the tuned/hair trigger/rapid recievers to have much greater rates of fire and a slight AP cost drop but be less suitable for VATS overall (lower critical damage/rate) so if you don't use VATS those recievers will be appealing at least before you work your way up to gun nut 4/advanced reciever, but the ROF bonus for advanced reciever will be weaker than the ones you can get from tuned/hair trigger/rapid

so if you're not into VATS there'll still be an appealing mod set for you

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Armorsmith Extended is fine. The only feature creep is craftable pink undies and support for other clothing mods. And invisible combat armor (which is appropriately expensive to make) so you can look like a suave motherfucker yet still have armor.

Just skip the Chinese Stealth Armor, but honestly I don't think invisibility has that much of an effect in this game, unlike FO3. I still get spotted during the day with a Chameleon legendary armor mod. I haven't looked it up in FO4Edit, but I imagine its something like a flat percent, just like the magazines and bobbleheads.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Good to know, thanks :toot:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Two questions, why is pleasant UIs health bar glitching out with little black squares every time I look around/move?

And are there any mods that let you sleep in power armour yet?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Are there any mods to make companions invisible to enemies? Its nearly impossible to ninja around because even when sneaking, companions inevitably get spotted

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
dooble poste

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Avocados posted:

Are there any mods to make companions invisible to enemies? Its nearly impossible to ninja around because even when sneaking, companions inevitably get spotted

If you're using Curie, she's apparently missing the stealth perks that the other companions have.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just took lone wanderer and ditched my companions after getting all the perks I cared about

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5108/

Install this and never look at passwords and keys again. Cleans up the misc menu.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

isndl posted:

If you're using Curie, she's apparently missing the stealth perks that the other companions have.

yeah I stopped using curie because of it. Her voice is charming so I kept her around, but her dialogue is so unimaginative and repetitive. what a waste.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is there a way to toggle combat for an NPC? I accidentally fragged a Diamond City security dude amd Deacon freaked out on me and ran back to HQ. Now when I go down there he automatically attacks me. This is really not good because he is in X01 power armor, fully upgraded, with Nearly Unbreakable legendary pieces. Oh and he had the auto combat shotgun I made him with explody bits.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is there a way to toggle combat for an NPC? I accidentally fragged a Diamond City security dude amd Deacon freaked out on me and ran back to HQ. Now when I go down there he automatically attacks me. This is really not good because he is in X01 power armor, fully upgraded, with Nearly Unbreakable legendary pieces. Oh and he had the auto combat shotgun I made him with explody bits.

This sounds perfect. Go there with a ton of Jet and make him kill everyone else. He'll feel really guilty and fall to his knees crying. (note: I may have made up the last part, but it'll still be awesome).

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Avocados posted:

yeah I stopped using curie because of it. Her voice is charming so I kept her around, but her dialogue is so unimaginative and repetitive. what a waste.

You should take her to the USS Constitution. Every five seconds repeats the same sentence about how amazing it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dienes posted:

You should take her to the USS Constitution. Every five seconds repeats the same sentence about how amazing it is.

Like everyone doesn't do that

"It's parked up there for tax purposes"

• Locked thread