Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So buying tons of christmas weapon skins was not a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mace is the coolest of the new weapons, shield face looks like :mrgw:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I really suck at generating any type of cash flow in this game. I'm looking at getting my crafting up, and that requires gold. So what do you all do when you need to generate some cash. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something I can do here and there to generate a bit of gold.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I really suck at generating any type of cash flow in this game. I'm looking at getting my crafting up, and that requires gold. So what do you all do when you need to generate some cash. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something I can do here and there to generate a bit of gold.

Guild mission night is always good for a few gold, besides that, run fractals and do stuff in level 80 zones and sell the level 80 exotics you don't want and the crafting materials from everything else.

There's not really a surefire way to make a bunch but if you do that stuff you'll steadily gain a few gold per week. I've been able to maintain enough that I was able to go blow 20g on some equipment last week and I've already mostly recovered it just using that method.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Gathering routes are good for mindless money that you can fit into whatever space of time you had. I used to do an 20 minute one that would generate 4-5 gold. Goomteq will also net you 2-3 gold in addition to feeling good paying respects to pubbies.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I wish they'd kept with gems/infusions for auras rather than starting to use the shoulder slot.

That would be too consistent and useful for them.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yessssss you did it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/38294 Look at that price drop off a cliff.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

malhavok posted:

So buying tons of christmas weapon skins was not a great idea.

What I wasn't counting on was the infeasibility of collecting the Karma from the wrapped gifts. This is the first, but probably not the last time I'll be wrong about speculation in this thread.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Dorkopotamis posted:

What I wasn't counting on was the infeasibility of collecting the Karma from the wrapped gifts. This is the first, but probably not the last time I'll be wrong about speculation in this thread.

Hah yeah, i made 500 gifts before i actually found out what the process was.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
So seriously why aren't those new skins in-game rewards?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Congrats ANet, you've managed to make the activity of giving gifts to orphans a tedious slog.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

central posted:

So seriously why aren't those new skins in-game rewards?
You can't sell in-game rewards. Cynical as it may be, that is the legitimate reason.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
You can buy them for a not astronomical amount of gold.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I'm so sorry Kerrzhe:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3wzkv4/soft_wood_planks_now_require_2_logs_only/

4 soft wood logs to 1 plank is now 2 soft wood logs to 1 plank

At least I'm with you on the soft wood grind, I just converted 1320 logs to planks yesterday T_T

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

UchihaHirou posted:

I'm so sorry Kerrzhe:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3wzkv4/soft_wood_planks_now_require_2_logs_only/

4 soft wood logs to 1 plank is now 2 soft wood logs to 1 plank

At least I'm with you on the soft wood grind, I just converted 1320 logs to planks yesterday T_T

Haha yeah. It does make wood chopping take quite a bit less time now, so that's nice. I might go back to choppin' to save up for something, but I dunno what yet. Maybe a tempest axe. Or a proper commander tag.

Edit: Also there's a possible bug in sPvP now where people are losing pips after winning games. It's being investigated. They also said they're not happy with the bunker meta, but whether or not they'll actually do anything about it anytime soon remains to be seen.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kenshin posted:

Congrats ANet, you've managed to make the activity of giving gifts to orphans a tedious slog.

It's actually quite appropriate for this whole expansion.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02W5mggfBQ

now you can hear the little tick-tocky noises without getting the skins. They're all p good tbh and I wish we got an outfit or armor to match it.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I finished my first ever legendary!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Does it make any music cause i'm almost 400 scribe (decoration 3 and wub wub schematics makes it so much cheaper)

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02W5mggfBQ

now you can hear the little tick-tocky noises without getting the skins. They're all p good tbh and I wish we got an outfit or armor to match it.

Those got chronomancer written all over them.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just checked Dulfy to see what all is in the snow effect shoulder collection. LMBO

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Visidan posted:

Does it make any music cause i'm almost 400 scribe (decoration 3 and wub wub schematics makes it so much cheaper)

It does! The music carries a lot further than the gramophone as well.

It also poops out confetti and the accordion lurches in a really funny way, so it's well worth it.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Raid trip report: pretty challenging, but fun. Sabetha is probably the best raid counter since the difficulty is more about mechanics than numbers based like Gorseval.

would raid again 8/10

E: 4/10 people had full rear end armor

Lyer fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 16, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Sabetha is way easier than gorseval by far, even when he isn't bugged.

EDIT: Speaking about bugs they've already crept into raids a few patches since they were added, only a matter of time.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 16, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lyer posted:

Raid trip report: pretty challenging, but fun. Sabetha is probably the best raid counter since the difficulty is more about mechanics than numbers based like Gorseval.

would raid again 8/10

Only 3 human females? You guys are lacking. :v:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I got a shiny new tooter tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

Sair
May 11, 2007

whydirt posted:

Just checked Dulfy to see what all is in the snow effect shoulder collection. LMBO

It was nice to figure out quickly that I don't need to bother.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anet: Drink your 10,000 alcoholic beverages responsibly this holiday season.

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Lyer posted:

would raid again 8/10

In other raiding news, our post Sabetha discussions...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://dulfy.net/2015/12/15/gw2-winters-presence-guide/

Well could be worse. :sweatdrop:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Merry first day of wintersday to all

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

maybe doing world completion again will get me interested in gw2 again

worth a shot

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Xenix posted:

In other raiding news, our post Sabetha discussions...

afaik up to reptiles can. For birds, quick look up says they're genetically pre-defined but a male can reproduce (lay eggs) apparently.

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011
So in 3 hours I managed 300/10000 drinks for the shoulders... They are going for almost 800g to buy the 10,000 outright.
I doubt I am grinding as efficiently as possible but that means it takes ~70+ hours of grinding to finish the shoulders.
What. The. gently caress.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Don't do it now for the love of god wait a week or two.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

This is an uncannily accurate representation of tempests.

Also this one, in which the tower of cups represents the fun the community once had in spvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5JIlOE6as

It might also be that the bird represents Anet and the cups the meta, but you can draw your own conclusions.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can't say that i care about the grind for particle effects because that's literally all they are

particle effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011
It is literally all there is to do in the expansion right now. Grinding for particle effects.
I could grind Dragons Stand, or Auric Basic, or something else that isn't fun. I could grind PvP which isn't fun. I could grind for a legendary that isn't fun.
I was just hoping winters-day would add some reasonable to attain items that were actually fun to get. I am looking back on the Bloom event, and that grind was reasonable compared to this.

If I wait a week or two the prices *might* go down to reasonable levels, but even if they go down 50% in price its still 400g I need to shell out. The other thing is that the collection says "Only available during wintersday" so I fully expect it to lock after two weeks.

• Locked thread