Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
just put all the muslims in a database, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
incompetent, corrupt, like Fortune 500 execs, in other words

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Everyone knows the NSA and CIA are tech luddites.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
lol carly the nsa is way the gently caress beyond what the private sector has with data mining tools

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lamentable dustman posted:

the gov't is not behind the tech curve btw

especially not w/r/t encryption algorithms

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

FourLeaf posted:

what the gently caress is carly even talking about

If she uses a lot of big vaguely technology-related, audience eyes start to glaze, so it doesn't actually really matter.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Carly thinks we should all turn over our facebook passwords to the government.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector private sector - Carly Fiorina

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Uhh how are "algorithms" going to capture people like the San Bernardino shooters who had virtually no communication?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"mr president, our terror algorithms are detecting a massive spike in unamerican levels!"

"my god... get me the pentagon"

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
I know that the government is behind the technology curve, because I have ample experience running a company that is terribly behind in technology.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I can't wait for the Google Anti-Terrorism Division

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

they do check social media ya dummy

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump is currently sleeping.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
I wonder if the truck she re-routed was full of algorithms. 12 tons of algorithms.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Carley is that cool mom that knows about the apps and the Twitterbooks

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lol Carly the last candidate you want to be copying is Mike Huckabee

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

babypolis posted:

GOD SHUT THE gently caress UP FIORINA YOU STUPID gently caress

Yay BUZZER

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Brannock posted:

How the holy gently caress did this woman become a tech CEO?

by being a sociopath, like every other ceo

Billie Jean
Oct 31, 2015

We go in! We kill!
Can't say algorithms without Al Gore!

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
How to stop terrorism:
- Algorithms
- Proposals
- Private sector charity

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

why doesnt anyone ask apple to kill isis

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Zas posted:

gently caress wolf, let andy richter moderate this debate

You could pick a random person of the street prep them for an hr and they would do better,also again please monitor me big government

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Yes Carly the private sector is totally going to do a more efficient job at collecting information for anti-terrorist purposes, and totally not for monetary purposes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Companies should literally never give government information imo

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ok by process of elimination has anyone who's sober figured out who's coughing and sneering? It's not carson, fiorina, trump, or jeb.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
"they would comply if asked"

meanwhile Apple has told NSA to get hosed, repeatedly

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"but my question was"

lol

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
"I was a stooge for the government, so I can't see why Apple and Google wouldn't either."

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A couple of scrubs stuff a pressure cooker full of nails and we fail to stop them. If only we had some Amazon shopping algorithms, we could have seen these guys buying the pressure cooker and put them on a terrorist watch list

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Chris Christie has 9/11 tourettes and just said that New Jersey was under terrorist threat like no other place. You can guess what the NY Post headline will scream tomorrow morning. CHRISTIE SAYS NJ HAD IT WORSE!!!

They're also putting forth the myth that only metadata is collected, they're also calling for a national security defense network to monitor terrorists. That gosh darn Department Of Homeland Security that Obama and the Democrat Party made after 9/11 just doesn't work!

"Unamerican activities," Jeb Bush just now. If only there was an ... Un-American Activities Committee .

Laffo at Carly Fionrina claiming to be from the tech sector. Helmed that technology powerhouse of spreadsheet toasters, Hewlett-Packard.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Deep Hurting posted:

Hahaha Jeb! STILL thinks "My brother kept us safe" is a winning slogan. Do his social media staffers refuse to let him look at his official twitter account or what?

Jeb! is hoping George W. Bush references = Ronald Reagan namedrops. It's not very effective.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
holy poo poo how does "they just need to be asked to cooperate" get such loud applause what is going on

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Fiorina talking about incompetence, heh

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I complied happily by laying off all my engineers.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I stepped out to drive my sister somewhere, what did I miss since Trump was saying that banning Muslims ain't about racism but security?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The government is woefully behind in technology!

*votes to slash budgets and cuts taxes*

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Logikv9 posted:

disrupt ISIS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol and what if they say no, they will not let you have unfettered access to the lives of every single american citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the terrorism is infecting all our ip addresses simultaneously. ive got to reset the server manually through cyberspace.... but it could be risky

• Locked thread