Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do you even find this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pikachu posted:

what's this got to do with retro games

I know you feel big and important because you have a new avatar but you should probably stop talking to me ASAP.

net cafe scandal posted:

There's a magical button called Rap Sheet that's under everyone's posts. How are you such a dipshit??

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

this website keeps a record of everything a person gets probated for and anybody can look at it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My b.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I know you feel big and important because you have a new avatar but you should probably stop talking to me ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5tkAUNFa4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How on earth can a moderator with like 60,000 posts not know about the rap sheet button. lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I know about the rap sheet button. I didnt click through to the hellthread post cuz I was on mobile so there was no probation msg. Land alive.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ringing in and sending off the year 2015 with probations for being the hentai foundry mod. the guy knows how to party

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Travis343 posted:

i already got probated for that, don't know what you're hoping to accomplish there

sick post history burn, though?

i'm shaking my head irl at this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My copy of Yakuza should be here today

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

In Training posted:

My copy of Yakuza should be here today

have fun! let us know what you think, ive always wanted to try that series

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Shadow Tower and Armored Core are on sale for PSOne classics today, like a couple bucks. I think I might try this on my vita, wish me luck

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Shadow Tower and Armored Core are on sale for PSOne classics today, like a couple bucks. I think I might try this on my vita, wish me luck

holy poo poo yes get on that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm starting yakuza now

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

good luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I already like it a lot. Sure the combat is a little janky but it's pretty standard beat em up stuff and using random items as weapons is awesome. But really I'm glad there's a game that exists with a story like this, yakuza movies are cool and this is basically a yakuza movie.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I already like it a lot. Sure the combat is a little janky but it's pretty standard beat em up stuff and using random items as weapons is awesome. But really I'm glad there's a game that exists with a story like this, yakuza movies are cool and this is basically a yakuza movie.

you're gonna love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also clear in like 30 seconds that they're pushing the limits on their "open world" since my disc spins up and the game hitches for like a second every time I walk across a street

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

In Training posted:

Going to put this on my wishlist

I saw yakuza 1 at the games shop but it's 25 bucks w/o manual so I'll wait

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

It's also clear in like 30 seconds that they're pushing the limits on their "open world" since my disc spins up and the game hitches for like a second every time I walk across a street

yeah. it gets a little better in yakuza 2 but the ps2 games have a lot of stutters and loads that break the flow a bit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
are they on psn

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

are they on psn

nope, and yakuza 2 is expensive

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

absolutely anything posted:

yeah. it gets a little better in yakuza 2 but the ps2 games have a lot of stutters and loads that break the flow a bit

yakuza 3 does a better job of transitioning between fighting and exploring

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Action Tortoise posted:

yakuza 3 does a better job of transitioning between fighting and exploring

its better but not perfect, 5 is basically perfect though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

nope, and yakuza 2 is expensive

Yeah I was prolly gonna bite the bullet and emu this one. But yakuza 1 was 9 bucks

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

Yeah I was prolly gonna bite the bullet and emu this one. But yakuza 1 was 9 bucks

its good to experience yakuza 2 any way you can imo, it was my favorite until 5

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
that mercenaries game for ps2/xbox was really fun. youre going around killing north korean bad guys i think and you can steal helicopters and call in airstrikes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah it owns

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Crackdown was fairly sick too. They should make more of these sandbox mayhem games

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

African AIDS cum posted:

Crackdown was fairly sick too. They should make more of these sandbox mayhem games

there's a new crackdown coming out for xbox one, and just cause 3 just came out this month.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I want a new Hulk game. I found it fun to grab someone and run to the top of a building and throw them into the ocean (I'm certain they lived so don't freakout)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

there's a new crackdown coming out for xbox one, and just cause 3 just came out this month.

Ive been meaning to try those just cause games they look right up my alley

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What are the best NES and Sega Genesis games. The absolute best of the best.. Besides SMB3, Mega Man 2-6, and Sonic 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

While I was kinda bummed this game doesn't take place in the 90s, the scene where 4000 yakuza bow like synchronized swimmers hooked me right back in. And there's also more to the combat than I first though with the dodging and blocking but it still all feels kinda stop and go, kinda chunky. I think it's great how super serious everything is until you get the VS. PUNK rear end and insane jazz guitar riffs kick in and you start flailing your arms like an animal and delivering suplexes to homeless people.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

What are the best NES and Sega Genesis games. The absolute best of the best.. Besides SMB3, Mega Man 2-6, and Sonic 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEx5Ntqjajs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp41-Hh5d8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1J6Is38tbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3IaHxzXcKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRfCnCHoGzY

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sorry I meant Sega Master System which doesnt have Sonic 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Contra

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Either the atari I bought is a brick, or the power cord I bought doesn't work, or both. I have to throw more money at this project.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

rocket knight adventures on the genesis is my favorite 2d platformer of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Sorry I meant Sega Master System which doesnt have Sonic 2.

god damniot