Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mythicknight posted:

League has the best entrances
Really disappointed that he didn't show up with a bunch of ninjas assassins behind him for no reason. Once you've established that as how Malcolm shows up, you can't just drop it!

Dexo posted:

Pity Barrowman can't be touched.
Pity? There's a good reason he's not going to die or get written out any other way.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I can't figure out if having several conversations reminding us that Felicity is jewish before trying to gas her was tasteless or smart.
Has Felicity being Jewish even been mentioned before? It seemed to come out of nowhere this episode.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah not sure what purpose the flashbacks even serve right now.
Well, there was that one that explained how Ollie knew Constantine.

howe_sam posted:

Oliver, public proposals are tacky
I actually liked the fact that she'd already said yes beforehand, because normally I agree with you and I think proposals in general are dumb and marriage should be something discussed and agreed on by both parties rather than something one person springs on the other, but I thought they did it pretty well here.

Mr Beens posted:

They came so close to my sarcastic prediction about Felicity's reaction to finding out Ollie was going to propose, glad they swerved that one.
Yeah, when her mother found the ring I was just thinking "Ugh, this is going to be some dumb soap-opera drama." and I was really glad to be wrong about that.

enraged_camel posted:

Which begs the question of why Darkh doesn't simply waltz into Nanda Parbat, bitch-slap Malcolm and take the crown.
Fighting one (near-immortal) dude is a lot different from fighting a whole fortress full of ninjas assassins.

XboxPants posted:

And then by the time they finished rendering just the scene of Oliver swimming through the water and then showing a shark, they realized "oh right we're totally out of money & time now, sorry guys you're gonna have to make do with what we have" and they did a total "INSERT SCENE HERE" of Oliver fighting the shark.
When I saw that shark I immediately thought "Oh my god, Ollie's going to fight a shark! :haw:" and was really disappointed that he didn't.

Bruceski posted:

They were just at a lighting ceremony, so I think Ner Li Dakik (I Have a Candle) would work well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XPbf0bMqg4

The downside is not as many commercial versions as Christmas songs.
It could work as a backdrop to a creepy scene but it's too gentle to replace Little Drummer Boy.

Scyantific posted:

Hey guys remember when Guggenheim and Mericle said this was supposed to be a "more light-hearted season" for the show?
Well, it's been more "super hero drama" rather than "soap opera drama".

Habibi posted:

Heroes (the original) had a good thing going with their expository comic series - at least during the first season, when the show was good.
Heroes was never good. It just had Zachary Quinto and Masi Oka to distract you from how terrible it was. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Tiggum posted:

Has Felicity being Jewish even been mentioned before? It seemed to come out of nowhere this episode.
It's come up a number of times, actually. According to the wiki:

quote:

Felicity has a Jewish background. She has mentioned that she is Jewish to Oliver Queen in Year's End when he wishes her a Merry Christmas and she replies, "I'm Jewish," and a second time to Barry Allen in Three Ghosts, when he asks what her holiday plans are and she responds "Lighting my menorah". In addition, when she sees John and Lyla's new baby, she said "Mazal Tov", a Jewish phrase for congratulations. At Sara's burial, she performed a jewish custom by throwing dirt onto her coffin.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Did anyone get a good GIF of Oliver's face when Felicity was rambling on about them being practically engaged, but not really? That was priceless.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of, I'd really like to see a show break the cliche and just have the character realize exactly what the person constantly slipping and misspeaking is hiding.

Just a little "Okay you clearly found the ring..."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
There is no way that its Felicity in the grave from this shooting. It looked like the funeral did not take place during the winter. More importantly Barry is not busy with Zoom right now, and if it was Felicity the funeral would be a couple days after the event.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

There is no way that its Felicity in the grave from this shooting. It looked like the funeral did not take place during the winter. More importantly Barry is not busy with Zoom right now, and if it was Felicity the funeral would be a couple days after the event.

From the promo, the next flash episode features Barry being very preoccupied with Zoom. The times would add up in that respect.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus
If Felicity were dead they would have done the classic checking her pulse, shutting her open eyelids, and sobbing.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
As long as Barrowman continues to pop into places randomly and exclaim "I'm Ra's al Ghul", I'm perfectly happy. The more outlandish, the better.

"How did you get Big Belly Burger here in Nanda Parbat?"
"I'm Ra's al Ghul!"

Eventually they bring Manu back to pop out of bushes and point out the obvious to various characters, followed by Barrowman appearing out of nowhere to explain how he stole this week's macguffin with "I'm Ra's al Ghul!". Every. Episode.

And it would be perfection.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
If they actually go batshit enough to do Trigon I will be so happy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If they actually go batshit enough to do Trigon I will be so happy.

I really want this to happen just so I can see Thea's reaction.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Chokes McGee posted:

I really want this to happen just so I can see Thea's reaction.

Thea reacting to things has been quite an enjoyable part of the season.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Did I miss something or during the flash back, wasn't the purpose of bringing the girl with him that she was an experienced scuba diver and could show him how to do it? Oliver didn't use scuba gear....so why was she there, he just swam.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
*Malcolm Merlyn appears, as if from nowhere*

"She was a free-diving instructor. No SCUBA equipment."

*Merlyn vanishes again*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Oliver Queen is the Arrow."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

*Malcolm Merlyn appears, as if from nowhere*

"She was a free-diving instructor. No SCUBA equipment. I'M RA'S AL GHUL"

*Merlyn vanishes again*

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just burned through all three and a half seasons in a couple weeks. Even having some things spoiled by watching The Flash first didn't ruin my enjoyment. I don't know how I slept on this show for so long. It's not groundbreaking television like Breaking Bad or Jessica Jones, but drat is it fun.

I seem to be in the minority, but I liked season 3 :colbert: I'm a sucker for League of Assassins antics and sword fights (bummer that the lovely Suicide Squad movie means we will likely never see Katana again). It might have helped that I binge watched it, so I didn't feel a lull like a lot of people seem to complain about. Following Manu Bennett absolutely killing it as Slade Wilson couldn't have helped either.

Anyways, all praise be to Barrowman.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Just burned through all three and a half seasons in a couple weeks. Even having some things spoiled by watching The Flash first didn't ruin my enjoyment. I don't know how I slept on this show for so long. It's not groundbreaking television like Breaking Bad or Jessica Jones, but drat is it fun.

I seem to be in the minority, but I liked season 3 :colbert: I'm a sucker for League of Assassins antics and sword fights (bummer that the lovely Suicide Squad movie means we will likely never see Katana again). It might have helped that I binge watched it, so I didn't feel a lull like a lot of people seem to complain about. Following Manu Bennett absolutely killing it as Slade Wilson couldn't have helped either.

Anyways, all praise be to Barrowman.

Just did the same. Someone in one of the season 3 threads said during it "I wonder if this season would have been better binging" because the story progresses slowly in parts, and I think the answer is, yes. I didn't like the hong kong parts and Cupid was a bit OTT, but I liked it other than that.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

libertao posted:

Just did the same. Someone in one of the season 3 threads said during it "I wonder if this season would have been better binging" because the story progresses slowly in parts, and I think the answer is, yes. I didn't like the hong kong parts and Cupid was a bit OTT, but I liked it other than that.

Hahaha I had completely forgotten about Cupid good lord

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Amell got nominated for a Slammy award.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Is that a wrestling thing?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Scyantific posted:

With almost two million Instagram followers and the vote being determined via hashtag, he's got that poo poo in the bag and it is going to be awesome. I still wish he'd worn the Arrow suit for the match, but I'm sure there were a billion rights issues and he wouldn't have been able to move as well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Martout posted:

Hahaha I had completely forgotten about Cupid good lord

Cupid owns and I'm still pissed they decided to put her on Suicide Squad instead of Huntress. :mad:

Put her on the goddamn Suicide Squad already, show! She's already admitted she's wrong, she can redeem herself and work off her sentence at the same time!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Chokes McGee posted:

Cupid owns and I'm still pissed they decided to put her on Suicide Squad instead of Huntress. :mad:

Put her on the goddamn Suicide Squad already, show! She's already admitted she's wrong, she can redeem herself and work off her sentence at the same time!

Jessica DeGouw is terrible, and the less of her the better.

That said, Amy Gumenick is dreamy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Jessica DeGouw is terrible, and the less of her the better.
If there is a merciful God, the show will continue to forget Huntress exists

or recast her without explanation like it's a telenovela

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Charles Gnarwin posted:

With almost two million Instagram followers and the vote being determined via hashtag, he's got that poo poo in the bag and it is going to be awesome. I still wish he'd worn the Arrow suit for the match, but I'm sure there were a billion rights issues and he wouldn't have been able to move as well.

I jack poo poo about Professional Wrestling but Amell looked like he got his rear end kicked before he managed to tag in his partner. Dunno if that was just part of the show or not, but nothing seemed award worthy. :shrug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I jack poo poo about Professional Wrestling but Amell looked like he got his rear end kicked before he managed to tag in his partner. Dunno if that was just part of the show or not, but nothing seemed award worthy. :shrug:

The tricky part about celebrity guest spots in wrasslin is that you can't/shouldn't let the celebrity guest star bury the guys you're running your promotion with. In a week they're going to be gone and your regular guys are what you're selling tickets with. If Amell comes in and just shits all over Stardust, it makes him look like a bitch and hurts the audience's ability to take him seriously. Amell's fight hit a really good mix of giving Amell cool and impressive poo poo to do while still making his partner and his opponents look good too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

If you don't know pro wrestling then you have no idea how bad these celebrity matches can potentially get. Amell looked like Rick Flair compared to some of the guys they've tried similar matches with.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, the main thing for Amell is that they were able to give him more physical stunts than a typical celebrity guest, and he did a good job of executing/selling them. Even something as simple as

takes some effort.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Neo_Crimson posted:

His role in that tag team fight was that of the Face in Peril. His job is to get beat up to the point where the crowd is cheering waiting waiting for the hot tag of the other partner to come in and wreck poo poo.

He did way more than almost any other celebrity guest did. He was fantastic. Took Bumps and managed to not look terrible doing flips to counter moves and kept the match going with no botches. He didn't get any real offense besides a kick, forearms and some basic tosses because that would be dangerous as hell to the other performers having someone untrained doing those moves.

Most other celebrity guests get like their one spot down do that spot and then their actual wrestler teammate does everything else. Amell managed to do an extended face in peril segment pulled off perfectly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's how tag matches are booked 99% of the time. One guy plays the hero in peril, who constantly almost tags in his partner. Then when they finally get it the partner cleans house.

Amell playing that role was pretty crazy because that's the guy that takes all the bumps.

But on the other hand you obviously can't have a celebrity be the hot tag who comes in and takes out all the pro wrestlers, so just to be able to pull off a regular tag match formula with a celebrity guest is impressive.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jay Leno put Hulk Hogan in an armbar and made him look like a bitch.

There was a really fun Dennis Rodman v Macho Man match once where one of them shoved the other in a port a potty then rolled it down a hill, I don't remember which.

Surprisingly good celebrity wrestler: Snooki

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They should have had Black Driver run someone (possibly JR) over in the parking garage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

They should have had Black Driver run someone (possibly JR) over in the parking garage.

I can dig it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently Detective Lance is dating Penny from the Big Bang Theory.

The season 5 crossover is going to be weird.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Question: does anyone know where I can get a nice sized Arrow poster with the majority of the main cast on it, same for the Flash?

A chunk of both show's casts are coming to town in February and I want to add their autographs to the Arrow art book I have on my shelf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Question: does anyone know where I can get a nice sized Arrow poster with the majority of the main cast on it, same for the Flash?

A chunk of both show's casts are coming to town in February and I want to add their autographs to the Arrow art book I have on my shelf.

http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Season-poster-43-inch/dp/B00PNDIY34/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450314091&sr=8-2&keywords=arrow+poster

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Barrowman remains the best part of this show, he and Lance meeting was prefect.

Also Felicity find out that Lance and her Mom are dating.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

sbaldrick posted:

Barrowman remains the best part of this show, he and Lance meeting was prefect.

Did we conveniently forget John "Imma sleep on your couch for 5 episodes" Barrowman from last season?

quote:

This was great. I can't wait for a reversed version with Laurel.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

greatn posted:

Surprisingly good celebrity wrestler: Snooki

They have her the Guest Female Celebrity move, which is the "4 back handsprings into an elbow." See also: Maria Menounos, a returning Trish Stratus. And apparently Snooks was drunk as gently caress for her 1 minute off-site taping, so it took all day to film.

---

I feel if Barrowman wasn't so excellent, they'd have written Merlin out of the show after S1. His entire "Thea's real dad" arc was put in so they can make him a successful terrorist everyone sort-of trusts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

Lance's poo poo-eating grin when Felicity interrupted them made that scene

• Locked thread