Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Metapod posted:

Despite losing Charles early in the year I still made the playoffs :getin:

I lost Charles and Romo and I'm 11-3 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I went from Gould to Prater and still won anyway but yes, gently caress kickers.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I got a tough matchup for R2 of the playoffs but I think Im ok. Thoughts?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

bows1 posted:

I got a tough matchup for R2 of the playoffs but I think Im ok. Thoughts?

I think everyone should post these with a list of available kickers on the wire from here on out.

(I think you're in very good shape although his matchups might be a little softer overall.)

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
I snuck into the playoffs in my PPR league and now going up against the top seed. I lost Rawls and maybe Stewart but I have been holding RBs just in case so I might be okay.

Currently starting Alshon, Amendola, Forte, Hightower and flexing John Brown. With McFadden, Gio, Stewart, and Langford on my bench. I think I might sit Stewart even if he is okay to play because the Panthers might be playing it safe and I really don't like McFaddens matchup. Any recommendations?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Deciding to flex between Hightower and Shoelace in 1PPR--

I'm playing the Ingram owner in the semis. I think I have to start Hightower on principle yeah?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Seahawks just waived DuJuan Harris.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-chase-coffman/

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Blount out for the year. Wow. That's going to cause some shuffling on my one remaining team.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Deciding to flex between Hightower and Shoelace in 1PPR--

I'm playing the Ingram owner in the semis. I think I have to start Hightower on principle yeah?

Yeah, I would.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sounds like Bryce Brown is the guy now. Hope you're okay with fumbles and inexplicable bounces to the outside when the O-line hole is right there.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
With Blount to IR, the waiver order should be:

1. Denard Robinson
2. Bryce Brown
3. Bolden

?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Wow, Bryce Brown all the way then? I'd pick him over Denard, 2015 Jags have to be one of the pass-happiest teams in the redzone ever

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Gonna :lol: if CMike ends up back on the Seahawks. WAS cut him from the practice squad today. Even funnier would be NE because everyone's gonna go apeshit and he won't do a thing.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I'm seriously considering starting both Lacy and Starks next game, after losing Rawls. This season has been one crazy ride.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I saw that someone in my league added D. Harris on Sunday afternoon. I wanted to drop Duke Johnson for a Seahawks RB and when I heard about Brown being in the rotation Monday I said gently caress it and added him.

Turns out it was Dwayne Harris that the other owner picked up not DuJuan Harris. Dumb luck.

He'll probably suck but hey, a #1 (lol) back against the Browns at home might pay off.

Watch him get benched for Fred Jackson after 2 fumbles and 5 yards in the first quarter

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

coronaball posted:

With Blount to IR, the waiver order should be:

1. Denard Robinson
2. Bryce Brown
3. Bolden

?

I would probably put Hightower above all three, and flip flop Bolden and Brown. It was Tim's ball come Hell or Hightower. I would go Bolden over Brown because the Seahawks have gone into full on aerial assault mode and the Brown fumblitis.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, the more likely scenario is that they just hand the keys to Wilson and it turns into a pass-first offense, plus Brown's flaws are well-documented.

Add him if you want but don't blow your waiver priority.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Keith Atherton posted:

I saw that someone in my league added D. Harris on Sunday afternoon. I wanted to drop Duke Johnson for a Seahawks RB and when I heard about Brown being in the rotation Monday I said gently caress it and added him.

Turns out it was Dwayne Harris that the other owner picked up not DuJuan Harris. Dumb luck.

He'll probably suck but hey, a #1 (lol) back against the Browns at home might pay off.

Watch him get benched for Fred Jackson after 2 fumbles and 5 yards in the first quarter

Edit- mis-read the post, sorry

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
How do you guys rank the RB waiver wire pickups this week? Brown > Robinson > Bolden?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Way to read the thread bud

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Well you see, I am a special snowflake.

Robinson at the top even though he may only be startable 1 week? I guess 1 week is all that matters come playoffs.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I need to pick up a Tight End in case Eifert is out this Sunday which seems likely. Who would you guys rather have for the last two games?

Richard Rodgers @Oakland / @Arizona
Zach Miller @Min / @TB

Also, Hauschka has been pretty useless lately with the Red Zone offense doing a complete 180. Would you take Chris Boswell or Matt Prater for the last two games? I'm thinking Boswell would be a solid option?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm looking at another TE too (in case Olsen is banged up or rested down the stretch) and I'm leaning Zach miller

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Is Ginn worth dropping LaFell for? I'm stacked with aj green, julio, cooks, aiken, lafell, but I do have Cam so i'm thinking maybe bench cooks and go for the cam2ginn connection this week.

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 16, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MrSargent posted:

I need to pick up a Tight End in case Eifert is out this Sunday which seems likely. Who would you guys rather have for the last two games?

Richard Rodgers @Oakland / @Arizona
Zach Miller @Min / @TB

Also, Hauschka has been pretty useless lately with the Red Zone offense doing a complete 180. Would you take Chris Boswell or Matt Prater for the last two games? I'm thinking Boswell would be a solid option?

Richard Rodgers for Oakland, Zach Miller for TB.
Good luck with that.

Boswell has been the top kicker since getting to Pittsburgh and everyone should go snatch him up.

Crunkjuice posted:

Is Ginn worth dropping LaFell for? I'm stacked with aj green, julio, cooks, aiken, lafell, but I do have Cam so i'm thinking maybe bench cooks and go for the cam2ginn connection this week.

LaFell is trash, I'd drop him for You have 1 empty slot on your roster

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Would you folks play Bortles or Stafford this week? On the one hand, Stafford is a mess. On the other hand, he's playing the Saints.

My brain says Bortles but my greedy greedy heart says Stafford. (I could also try to waiver Fitzpatrick or Winston but they seem eh)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Arcturas posted:

Would you folks play Bortles or Stafford this week? On the one hand, Stafford is a mess. On the other hand, he's playing the Saints.

My brain says Bortles but my greedy greedy heart says Stafford. (I could also try to waiver Fitzpatrick or Winston but they seem eh)

Stick with Bort. Don't go away from the QB who just orchestrated a 50 burger.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Arcturas posted:

Spoeank posted:

Stick with Bort. Don't go away from the QB who just orchestrated a 50 burger.

I have that same decision, though I was leaning the other way. NO's defense is awful, and Stafford has not been that different than Bortles since the DET coaching staff got fired. Bortles is at ~21.5 points per week, Stafford is at 20.8 in that 5 week span. With that said, I can see both of them doing well and I don't have much confidence in one over the other.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 16, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

NO defense hasn't been as bad as before since the coaching change so i'd say Bort these last two games. His schedule is better anyway and the Jags might actually win these last two.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Benching Palmer for Bort worked out for me this past week, but I think I've got to go back to Palmer against Philadelphia next week right?

I got pretty lucky and am matched against the lowest scoring seed all year that's made it to the playoffs (which probably means he's going to have the highest score this week and win). I'll be pretty disappointed if I crawled back from starting 1-6 just to get knocked out in the first round.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Murphy Brownback posted:

Benching Palmer for Bort worked out for me this past week, but I think I've got to go back to Palmer against Philadelphia next week right?

I got pretty lucky and am matched against the lowest scoring seed all year that's made it to the playoffs (which probably means he's going to have the highest score this week and win). I'll be pretty disappointed if I crawled back from starting 1-6 just to get knocked out in the first round.

I have Palmer and the only reason I'm not starting him this week is because I also have Cam Newton. Fantasy Pros has Palmer at #4 in their QB rankings this week.

Squeaked into the playoffs and am facing the #1 seed and commish. Tentatively putting Bryan Brown as my flex over Draughn and Moncrief. I'm depending on Sanders, Shady, and Forte to all produce for me the same week.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Well I didn't get D. Rob because being first in a "reverse order" Waiver league basically means I never get who I want... however the team going up against the leading scorer in the playoffs did so I guess that's the next best thing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Reverse order waivers seem like the worst idea ever, even more once it's already the playoffs and the bottom seeds are getting to add guys to beat the top seeds with.

I got Bryce Brown and Bolden. I'll have to plug one of them in if Jonathan Stewart doesn't play. The guy I'm up against in the playoffs this week got Fred Jackson in between those two picks and another guy got Denard first.

The dude I'm playing is going all in on Seattle v Cleveland, it's crazy. His rostered players this week include
Russell Wilson (Sea QB)
Doug Baldwin (Sea WR)
Tyler Lockett (Sea WR)
Fred Jackson (Sea RB)
Steven Hauschka (Sea K)
Seattle def

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

BonoMan posted:

Well I didn't get D. Rob because being first in a "reverse order" Waiver league basically means I never get who I want... however the team going up against the leading scorer in the playoffs did so I guess that's the next best thing.

Having lost Dalton, Ingram and now Yeldon, I squeaked into the last playoff spot. Figured, "Well, I'm getting whatever RB I want"

The team in 12th, who hasn't made a move in 3 weeks, claimed Denard and Bryce. I smell collusion. Or just an idiot.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

Squeaked into the playoffs and am facing the #1 seed and commish. Tentatively putting Bryan Brown as my flex over Draughn and Moncrief. I'm depending on Sanders, Shady, and Forte to all produce for me the same week.

Who's Bryan Brown?

Anyway, what type of ranking are we assigning Bryce Brown in PPR this week? Comparable to recently slumping Gore/Woodhead, or Matt Jones, maybe a Fozzy Whit?

Smells RB2, 2.5? Somewhere in the late 20s? Then again, I'm not sure I could name 15 better PPR RB's this week.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Rick Grimes posted:

Having lost Dalton, Ingram and now Yeldon, I squeaked into the last playoff spot. Figured, "Well, I'm getting whatever RB I want"

The team in 12th, who hasn't made a move in 3 weeks, claimed Denard and Bryce. I smell collusion. Or just an idiot.

12th place team out of the playoffs shouldn't be allowed to make add/drops, that's some bullshit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Psikotik posted:

12th place team out of the playoffs shouldn't be allowed to make add/drops, that's some bullshit.

Our league has a loser bowl, but outside of that yeah it's pretty bad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Psikotik posted:

I'm fine with it but only in certain circumstances - keeper leagues (maybe? I don't know, never played keeper/dynasty) for example, or if your league has a bonus at the end for total points, or if they're in the loser's bracket (which is kind of still "in" the playoffs). Or if it's something like swapping out injured IDPs, who cares.

I think in general though once you're in the playoffs, if you're swapping out starters for WW adds you're most likely in big trouble anyway - but I do agree it's lame for a completely out team to take players just to screw you over additionally.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So my yahoo league uses reverse standings waivers (terrible idea, don't do this). Whatever. Last week was the first week of the playoffs. 6 teams make it, 1st and 2nd place get a bye. Two teams were knocked out. Well waivers cleared today and the 2nd place team got the first priority, followed by the 1st place team , followed by 6th, 5th, 4th, etc.

Anyone know why this is? It seems weird that the best two teams get a bye AND first waiver priority.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
FAAB in from here on out in all leagues I run.

• Locked thread