Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Hillary will select Ivanka Trump and all will be revealed.

The Trump-Hillary conspiracy theory is my absolute favorite, particularly since it implies the Dems would actually have the guts and planning abilities to do something like that.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jeb Bush made a pretty good point: Trump looked like a dumbass when it came to the nuclear triad question, and there's that clip about "the devastation, the power..." that I could very easily see showing up in advertisements.

Although as per usual Trump would just come off as a macho badass so no harm done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hillary must choose the only significant individual cleared by the DoJ of all accusations against them just as she has by AUSA of violating USC; she must choose America's Mayor, if she wishes to be able to celebrate Juneteenth at 1600 Penn two years' hence.

He will be unemployed by July...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Marco had a great debate, but his social media team? Not so much.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Now Krauthammer is surprisingly wound up that Trump said he'd kill terrorist families and O'Reilly is defending it as Trump just saying anything to get votes and that's good because it's "destroying a corrupt system." I think Bill is talking revolution. I don't know. This night has fried my brain.

krauthammer can get hosed, o'reilly is irrelevant and has been for years if not decades. the GOP establishment has completely lost control, they can't do a drat thing to stop Trump and neither can Cruz. this is an absolute trainwreck

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Joementum posted:

oh god

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

Fun fact, if you place your hand to the screen and whisper "Marco Rubio" five times, he'll appear and talk to you about his stances on immigration until you banish him by burning sage.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ted Cruz might actually have disclosed classified information during the debate: http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/did-ted-cruz-disclose-classified-information/

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
My Republican perspective:

-Bush delivered SERIOUS body blows to Trump. He was surprisingly aggressive AND EFFECTIVE in taking him on and making him look vulnerable. Unfortunately for Bush, he also managed to still be his clumsy self at the same time, and thus the infinitely more polished and sturdy Rubio and Cruz will be the bigger beneficiary of any damage Trump may have taken.

-Rubio was once again in his element and probably had the best night of anyone. For me personally he lost the one-on-one debates with Ted Cruz, BUT I pay attention and know that Rubio is the one full of poo poo and Cruz telling the truth re: their tiff over border security and immigration. Casual debate watchers and GOP voters may have seen Rubio as winning those battles.

-Cruz wasn't far behind Rubio in his performance and also did very well. I think Cruz and Rubio each probably easily won the debate in the eyes of conservatives and centrist GOPers, respectively.

-There is a place for Rand Paul in the GOP, unfortunately for him it is the same tiny space Ron Paul occupied.

-Ben Carson's best debate by far, too bad for him he saved it until after he declined and his thunder has been stolen by Ted Cruz

-Chris Christie had another strong performance, I'd put him 3rd behind Cruz and Rubio. Unfortunately for him he just has too much ground to make up, and anti-Trump & anti-Cruz voters may be unwilling to ditch an already struggling Rubio for an even further behind Christie.

-Fiorina was boring and robotic. Few decent lines I suppose, but her 15 minutes are over

-Kasich never had 15 minutes and the pathetic opening applause for him that was clearly much less than all other 8 candidates got perfectly summed up his campaign up until then and subsequent debate performance tonight.

-Trump was Trump an as lovely as in every debate. Will it finally hurt him? Maybe. Maybe not. Hail Satan.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

icantfindaname posted:

krauthammer can get hosed, o'reilly is irrelevant and has been for years if not decades. the GOP establishment has completely lost control, they can't do a drat thing to stop Trump and neither can Cruz. this is an absolute trainwreck

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Confession: In the immediate aftermath of tonight's debate, in the heat of the moment, I feel like maybe I should support Ted Cruz over Trump instead of vice versa.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Boosted_C5 posted:

-Bush delivered SERIOUS body blows to Trump. He was surprisingly aggressive AND EFFECTIVE in taking him on and making him look vulnerable.

Jeb Bush wasn't effective and got owned by Trump when he tried to interrupt. He gets props for trying, though.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz might actually have disclosed classified information during the debate: http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/did-ted-cruz-disclose-classified-information/

As did Fiorina, maybe, since she keeps on repeating her HP-NSA talking point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris Matthews is now arguing with Kasich over whether Saddam had WMDs.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

Really hoping Carson, Fiorina, and Kasich drop out soon

I knew I picked those three for a reason.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Boosted_C5 posted:

-Bush delivered SERIOUS body blows to Trump. He was surprisingly aggressive AND EFFECTIVE in taking him on and making him look vulnerable. Unfortunately for Bush, he also managed to still be his clumsy self at the same time, and thus the infinitely more polished and sturdy Rubio and Cruz will be the bigger beneficiary of any damage Trump may have taken.

-Rubio was once again in his element and probably had the best night of anyone. For me personally he lost the one-on-one debates with Ted Cruz, BUT I pay attention and know that Rubio is the one full of poo poo and Cruz telling the truth re: their tiff over border security and immigration. Casual debate watchers and GOP voters may have seen Rubio as winning those battles.

-Cruz wasn't far behind Rubio in his performance and also did very well. I think Cruz and Rubio each probably easily won the debate in the eyes of conservatives and centrist GOPers, respectively.

-There is a place for Rand Paul in the GOP, unfortunately for him it is the same tiny space Ron Paul occupied.

-Ben Carson's best debate by far, too bad for him he saved it until after he declined and his thunder has been stolen by Ted Cruz

-Chris Christie had another strong performance, I'd put him 3rd behind Cruz and Rubio. Unfortunately for him he just has too much ground to make up, and anti-Trump & anti-Cruz voters may be unwilling to ditch an already struggling Rubio for an even further behind Christie.

-Fiorina was boring and robotic. Few decent lines I suppose, but her 15 minutes are over

-Kasich never had 15 minutes and the pathetic opening applause for him that was clearly much less than all other 8 candidates got perfectly summed up his campaign up until then and subsequent debate performance tonight.

-Trump was Trump an as lovely as in every debate. Will it finally hurt him? Maybe. Maybe not. Hail Satan.

My Democratic perspective:

All these people are dirt-scum. Maybe Paul and Graham less than the others?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boosted_C5 posted:

:wtc:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

It's like its opposite world.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

STAC Goat posted:

Chris Matthews is now arguing with Kasich over whether Saddam had WMDs.

I was going to post about this. Kasich is at the point where he has to fight in puff piece friendly interviews with Chris Matthews post-debate. It's sad.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

babypolis posted:

you should post more when drunk

I drink... in Indian country

apart from the motherfucking cold and TOO MUCH loving SNOW, it is real america up here

I report from within Legion/Eagles/BBC/Elk's/native establishment/Gentleman's Club, you decide.

It is, from my non-scientific (n=93; p=.17) convenience sampling, Trump country, despite its heavy support for the policies advocated by Mr. Bernie Sanders. Bernie just ain't willing to kill "all" terrorists, you see, while Trump and Cruz are.

Also my sephardim black friend finds Rubio to be the sexiest candidate in the race. Do you blame her?

bonus content: have a rez report. I was told tonight its the funniest "YouTooba" ever, eh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=to9FV4LPVS0

Oo ya, 'TEMPERATURE IS EIGHTEEN (18) BELOW, BUT IT FEELS LIKE ~*DONALD TRUMP*~, HOLI

EDIT: I inappropriately cited Cruz as the "sexiest candidate in the race." This is not the case. I have corrected by error by replacing the reference to 'Cruz' with "Rubio" and sincerely appologize for any confusion you may have

If confusion persists past 48 hours, please seek professional help.

My Imaginary GF has issued a correction as of 05:52 on Dec 16, 2015

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shageletic posted:

It's like its opposite world.

Yeah I think Boosted is either a troll account or a GOP plant - Trump manhandled everyone and he's trying to change the narrative

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Yoshifan823 posted:

He will be unemployed by July...

Running for inclusion on a national ticket is a full-time job. Just ask Senator Cruz or Senator Rubio: How many days have they been into their first job this week?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Freep thinks Trump won
Drudge poll has Trump winning with 47%
Frank Luntz focus group to say Trump won, and Bush is over.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The Trump-Hillary conspiracy theory is my absolute favorite, particularly since it implies the Dems would actually have the guts and planning abilities to do something like that.

Don't ever underestimate the intelligence of the Clintons

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Boosted_C5 posted:

Confession: In the immediate aftermath of tonight's debate, in the heat of the moment, I feel like maybe I should support Ted Cruz over Trump instead of vice versa.

:911:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Final Debate Clock:

Cruz: 15:58

Rubio: 13:33

Trump: 13:25

Christie: 10:45

Carson: 10:27

Bush: 10:13

Paul: 9:46

Fiorina: 9:32

Kasich: 9:00

It feels to me like Carson spoke for about 5 minutes.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Boosted_C5 posted:

We all support your crazy train good sir. You're the Republican RSF needs, but does not deserve.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

Running for inclusion on a national ticket is a full-time job. Just ask Senator Cruz or Senator Rubio: How many days have they been into their first job this week?

Ah, so getting forced out of his office is just a secret plot to get enough free time to run as Veep.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
im hearing a lot about Trump owning Cruz, what exactly happened?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Nothing, they literally patted each other on the back and explained that they were good buddies.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Zippy the Bummer posted:

It's interesting that you're hearing that, because it didn't strictly, factually happen.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

he owned him by not owning him, if you follow me

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Carson exposed as the cougher

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zippy the Bummer posted:

He was asked about Cruz criticizing him at a private donor meeting and just replied that he likes Ted Cruz and has no problem with him. To which the moderator could only reply, "Okay...." and move on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus, now O'Reilly is arguing the "Trump isn't REALLY evil he's just pretending to be for votes and that's cool" thing with Bret Baier after doing it with Krauthammer and Bernie Goldberg. Bill is really intent on defending this whol "let's kill the terrorists' kids" thing.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

cnn tried to make the secret recordings of cruz implying he would beat trump into a thing but both of them basically told cnn to gently caress off

cruz had a little 'build a wall and get trump to pay for it' line earlier in the debate, he's definitely trying to keep up his 'bear hug'. trump, on the other hand, said some very brief friendly remarks and they patted each other on the back. it made trump look dominant, i guess, but mostly they just mutually shut cnn down and kept their little feud from becoming part of the debate

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Joementum posted:

He was asked about Cruz criticizing him at a private donor meeting and just replied that he likes Ted Cruz and has no problem with him. To which the moderator could only reply, "Okay...." and move on.

oh, ok

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

What did Christie actually say? Because I heard the same thing, and couldn't figure out what he meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

STAC Goat posted:

Jesus, now O'Reilly is arguing the "Trump isn't REALLY evil he's just pretending to be for votes and that's cool" thing with Bret Baier after doing it with Krauthammer and Bernie Goldberg. Bill is really intent on defending this whol "let's kill the terrorists' kids" thing.

They're in a bit of a bind on the issue, because not killing the terrorists' kids would be the politically correct thing to do.

blunt for century posted:

What did Christie actually say? Because I heard the same thing, and couldn't figure out what he meant

Fort Dix

• Locked thread