Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joementum posted:

He was asked about Cruz criticizing him at a private donor meeting and just replied that he likes Ted Cruz and has no problem with him. To which the moderator could only reply, "Okay...." and move on.

I thought Trump got the best of that just because CNN pressed Cruz on his comments and Cruz really awkwardly tried to dance away from them. It ended up looking like Cruz was submitting to Trump, even though in reality they probably both agreed to back off. Trump just plays that bully position well and Cruz kind of looked like Jeb in that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Jesus, now O'Reilly is arguing the "Trump isn't REALLY evil he's just pretending to be for votes and that's cool" thing

I've heard that argument before, several times, including on these very forums. seems popular with a certain set.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

They're in a bit of a bind on the issue, because not killing the terrorists' kids would be the politically correct thing to do.

Fort Dix

Oh, thanks :downs:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

He was asked about Cruz criticizing him at a private donor meeting and just replied that he likes Ted Cruz and has no problem with him. To which the moderator could only reply, "Okay...." and move on.

not an onion headline: "AMERICA SHOCKED FRONTRUNNER LIKES CRUZ FOR PERSONALITY"

Let's be real: The President of the Senate is a slot for "just friends"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I thought Trump got the best of that just because CNN pressed Cruz on his comments and Cruz really awkwardly tried to dance away from them. It ended up looking like Cruz was submitting to Trump, even though in reality they probably both agreed to back off. Trump just plays that bully position well and Cruz kind of looked like Jeb in that moment.

yeah there was a lot in the body language. cruz look liked the supplicant and trump looked like a terrifying lizard

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001

blunt for century posted:

What did Christie actually say? Because I heard the same thing, and couldn't figure out what he meant
Fort Dix?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

stay safe poverty ghost

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Zas posted:

yeah there was a lot in the body language. cruz look liked the supplicant and trump looked like a terrifying lizard

Yeah - I suspect the body language was mostly Cruz's discomfort with the fact that he has to pretend to like and approve of the lizard man, but it came across as weirdly timid.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Brit Hume on the debate: Jeb had his best night, but... he is over! Too little too late. Trump was Trump, and his fans will love it.

Hume thinks that Cruz vs Rubio... Megyn Kelly and Brit Hume are defending Rubio, calling Cruz a liar on immigration, thinks Cruz stance on NSA caused the deaths in San Bernardino.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris Matthews just threw down the birther card and asked Trump if Obama was a "legitimate president." Trump refused to answer.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Watching Chris Matthews interview Trump was like watching a guy start a conversation with a mirror.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

squidgee posted:

Yeah - I suspect the body language was mostly Cruz's discomfort with the fact that he has to pretend to like and approve of the lizard man, but it came across as weirdly timid.

I think it's evidence that Cruz actually does have cognitive dissonance because even he seems weirded out by him pretending we didn't all hear him poo poo talk Trump. I've enjoyed watching the Cruz camp dance this weird one.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Luntz focus group just on FOX. Cruz scored big with them as well apparently.

Oh God I have something in common with a Frank Luntz focus group.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Boosted_C5 posted:

Luntz focus group just on FOX. Cruz scored big with them as well apparently.

Oh God I have something in common with a Frank Luntz focus group.

All those people are paid off actors FYI.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Breitbart is pushing the Trump win narrative and Bush crapping out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CNN debate viewer straw poll: Cruz got the most votes, then Carson (???) and then Rubio, Trump, Kasich, Fiorina, Rand, Jeb, Christie.

Jeb with 3 votes out of ~138.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, CNN had a focus group too and they're just as nuts.

The Carson lady just said Friend Ben "clear, succinct, and concise."

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

He preached peace within the party and rose above the fray. That's pretty much been his core appeal from the start.

Despatcher
Nov 26, 2007
Generously Syndromed
stay safe poverty ghost

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Howd it go

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Nothing's changed, though we may have gotten rid of Jeb now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Carson has received assurances from Ryan's pubis.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jeb was pretty pathetic so hopefully this is the death knell for him , Kasich Fiorina and Christie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't figure why anyone would drop out before Iowa. And most of them will probably hang on for New Hampshire, no? I'd be shocked if Jeb dropped out. He seems committed to this embarrassment and he's playing with house money.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
game changer imo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

STAC Goat posted:

I can't figure why anyone would drop out before Iowa. And most of them will probably hang on for New Hampshire, no? I'd be shocked if Jeb dropped out. He seems committed to this embarrassment and he's playing with house money.

Basically, you only drop out if you're going to go into debt and Jeb! isn't in trouble of doing that before Super Tuesday.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
FOX NEWS continuing the Jeb! kiss of death. All their talking heads are saying he's done.

E:

Chris Stirewalt said Trump should pay Jeb! to stay in the campaign to act as his personal punching bag.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Jeb is going to stay in just for spite.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Looking forward to that new Trump video with the airhorn given how many times he bitchslapped Jeb! tonight.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i bet jeb hates the idea that his Right To Rise could be triaged and turned over to rubio as the last establishman standing, but he may not have much say over where the money goes in this new age of pacs and 'i'm rich so i'm better at what you do than you are' donors making decisions. i dunno, it'll be interesting

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I missed this one, what was the most absurd thing said all night?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i swear jeb was talking about the heroin epidemic (for no reason) and said 'the east' was 'bringing heroin over'. did anybody else hear that?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
It's amazing how Fiorina can't understand how her willingness to start WW3 with Russia is why her poll numbers suck. Then again, she denies ruining HP as well.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pick posted:

John Kasich thinks we should ban the use of encryption online.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joementum posted:

Basically, you only drop out if you're going to go into debt and Jeb! isn't in trouble of doing that before Super Tuesday.

Yeah, the sense I get is that Kasich and Christie are both hanging their hopes on NH so they're in past Iowa. Jeb and Marco are in this "establishment wait out" game so I assume they'll stick it out. Santorum and Huckabee seem to be pushing the "I won Iowa" before so maybe one of them drops out after that? Carly and Rand seem in denial the whole way so I don't know what would push them out.

I guess Carson strikes me as the most likely to drop out soon since his Iowa bubble popped and he seems to have kind of lost interest in this whole thing. He probably has something to gain in finishing fourth in Iowa and then dropping out gracefully and saving public face because he still had better than the other losers.

Of course I freely admit I'm a relative election newbie and I'm talking out of my rear end

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Immortan posted:

Looking forward to that new Trump video with the airhorn given how many times he bitchslapped Jeb! tonight.

Are there any YouTube videos of this?

I would like to watch very much.

Also gently caress Frank Luntz, if he ever wanted to conduct a loving real focus group he would allow his participants as much alcohol as they wished. Alcohol, after all, is the lubrication of inhibition and the revealor of truths.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

My Imaginary GF posted:

Are there any YouTube videos of this?

I would like to watch very much.

Also gently caress Frank Luntz, if he ever wanted to conduct a loving real focus group he would allow his participants as much alcohol as they wished. Alcohol, after all, is the lubrication of inhibition and the revealor of truths.

All the people on his "focus group" are staged.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

That Rand Paul and Jeb Bush are "candidates" for the Republican nomination to be President of the United States.

Immortan posted:

All the people on his "focus group" are staged.

Real america is not staged; it is uninhibited by alcohol.

Also guess real america's thoughts on WW2. Go on, I loving dare you.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Pick posted:

Maybe Fiorina claiming that she was tested on 9/11 because she had to implement emergency security measures for HP stores in 100+ countries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
CNN just declared the notion that the San Bernardino shooting could have been stopped if only the PC police let us monitor facebook... FALSE.

Not that anyone will care, and I'm not sure they should.

• Locked thread