Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I got four surveys in a row on whether I'd been to any of a list of five stores. And when I say 'four surveys in a row', I mean I answered the first, got told I had another waiting (which turned out to be identical), answered that, got told I had another waiting, and so on. If I'd actually been to any of those stores, it would have been a nice bit of funbucks, but even so, ten cents quadrupled isn't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Tagichatn posted:

Google surveys has been asking some really weird questions lately. I got:

Have you ever owned any exotic birds like egrets, pelicans or flamingos?

I wonder if this is actually related to Google side projects. Like, they want to build a truffle sniffing robot but instead of opening up a window to Google it, they just create a survey to try and find a truffle hunter.

This week someone at Google has a sick flamingo and doesn't want to pay for a vet.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I know some of the 'surveys' I've gotten were ads in disguise. Did any of the other questions ask you if you were aware of the products of [INSERT COMPANY HERE]?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Have you ever gotten really hungry taking a survey?

Do you like burritos or nachos more?

Describe the most delicious food you've had in the last 60 days.

Did you know Taco Bell is open 24/7 and just introduced the volcano quesurrito?

Thanks for taking our survey!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Guys did you know that this marketing initiative contains ads????

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well poo poo, they're paying me more than anyone else pays to advertise to me, if they wanna pimp some garbage I'm not gonna complain

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hell, I'm just glad you can use partial credit on purchases now. Makes my impatience suck a little less.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

FredMSloniker posted:

I got four surveys in a row on whether I'd been to any of a list of five stores. And when I say 'four surveys in a row', I mean I answered the first, got told I had another waiting (which turned out to be identical), answered that, got told I had another waiting, and so on. If I'd actually been to any of those stores, it would have been a nice bit of funbucks, but even so, ten cents quadrupled isn't bad.

FWIW I have also been getting multiples of these in a row and there were no follow up questions even when I had been to that store.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

I know some of the 'surveys' I've gotten were ads in disguise. Did any of the other questions ask you if you were aware of the products of [INSERT COMPANY HERE]?

I figured that those were more to find out how effective that company's advertising is. Like, if very few people have heard of them, even in the targeted demographic, then they need to step up their ad game.

Works for Google too because they can show the company the results and say, "looks like you should buy more ads from us :smug:"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I work at a mall kiosk to help a friend out during Christmas there is a Macy's and sprint store inside olive garden close by, sometimes I drive by lowes to get there..

I'M RICH BITCH.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FredMSloniker posted:

If I'd actually been to any of those stores, it would have been a nice bit of funbucks, but even so, ten cents quadrupled isn't bad.
I realised that the screen after "have you been to any of these recently" includes an option for "more than a month ago". So I've now decided that "recently" can be interpreted as "within the last few months". This interpretation is...profitable.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

tater_salad posted:

I work at a mall kiosk to help a friend out during Christmas there is a Macy's and sprint store inside olive garden close by, sometimes I drive by lowes to get there..

I'M RICH BITCH.

I work at a BCF. I know those feels.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of Scribblenauts Unlimited is out now for Android.

Also out today is the Android version of the 2014 remake of the classic Mac dungeon crawler Shadowgate.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 16, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

tater_salad posted:

I'M RICH BITCH.

I live right across the street from an Olive Garden. It is as profitable as you imagine it is.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kyrosiris posted:

I live right across the street from an Olive Garden. It is as profitable as you imagine it is.

why, do you have a stand selling barf bags in your front yard?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Soda dungeon question: Is there some trick to getting darkmages to use their single target spell? When I set autobattle they use their aoe any time there's 3 or more targets. I get much more longevity out of using thieves.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Gadzuko posted:

Soda dungeon question: Is there some trick to getting darkmages to use their single target spell? When I set autobattle they use their aoe any time there's 3 or more targets. I get much more longevity out of using thieves.

the autobattle is not smart. nearly all the characters will always prefer their AOE if there's 2+ enemies on the field. The AI is very simplistic, so autobattle is basically only for when you want your phone to farm gold while you ignore it and you're not concerned about optimal play. Knights do the same thing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Given how long runs can get, I cannot fathom wanting to play this game "optimally" by doing it manually. Does the game get to the point where manual play is required?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 16, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Marvel's got a new game out: Marvel's Avengers Alliance 2.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

MisterBibs posted:

Given how long runs can get, I cannot fathom wanting to play this game "optimally" by doing it manually. Does the game get to the point where manual play is required?

no, but some people are nitpickers. personally, i only play on manual when im playing on the toilet or waiting for poo poo to compile at work.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mrkillboy posted:

I see it's already off to a great start

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
More Soda Dungeon talk: I feel like whenever my people don't kill everything in the first turn, they hit significantly harder the second turn. For example, my thief might hit for ~500 the first turn, then ~700 the second. Is that intentional, or am I just not paying much attention?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Haven't been in the thread in a while, but I saw MinuteQuest got an actually good sequel in MinuteFrontier. It lost the cool ability combo system, but there's a lot of good changes, including weapons having different mechanics, weapon levelling, job abilities stacking. The pet system is simpler and dungeons don't really exist anymore either, which is kind of weak. Also there doesn't appear to be the fast travel caves? I'm not sure because I'm only closing on on 10.0k atm.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

hooah posted:

More Soda Dungeon talk: I feel like whenever my people don't kill everything in the first turn, they hit significantly harder the second turn. For example, my thief might hit for ~500 the first turn, then ~700 the second. Is that intentional, or am I just not paying much attention?

The monster in question might have turned around. There is a damage boost for attacking from behind.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Haven't been in the thread in a while, but I saw MinuteQuest got an actually good sequel in MinuteFrontier. It lost the cool ability combo system, but there's a lot of good changes, including weapons having different mechanics, weapon levelling, job abilities stacking. The pet system is simpler and dungeons don't really exist anymore either, which is kind of weak. Also there doesn't appear to be the fast travel caves? I'm not sure because I'm only closing on on 10.0k atm.

This looks much better than MinuteDungeon. I'll have to check it out

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I have made it to 3100 in soda dungeon on the warrior dimension, any point on going higher? Like are there better items or anything past this or have I finished all content

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Potsticker posted:

I'm a bit annoyed that I have to rapidly tap in order to get the most damage. That'll get old pretty fast.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

wall monitor posted:

I'm a bit annoyed that I have to rapidly tap in order to get the most damage. That'll get old pretty fast.

Actually-- unlike MinuteQuest some weapons will have an auto attack that does more damage per hit (but is slower) than quick tapping. And some jobs, like Girl, have auto movement, too, while equipped.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is healing in Soda Dungeons considered a 'magic attack' that is boosted by staves that boost said attacks?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

MisterBibs posted:

Is healing in Soda Dungeons considered a 'magic attack' that is boosted by staves that boost said attacks?

healers heal you for the amount of their maximum HP. if you want to boost healing power, put lots of +HP items on them.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Gadzuko posted:

No, your only option at this point is basically to keep grinding and pumping relics into darkmages, as well as the attack power, extra magic damage, and extra MP (because this also affects magic damage for some reason) relics. Eventually you get to the point where the AoE spell will one or two shot everything anyway, so it doesn't matter.

DoubleT2172 posted:

I have made it to 3100 in soda dungeon on the warrior dimension, any point on going higher? Like are there better items or anything past this or have I finished all content

Pretty much, for now, although there is still more content coming apparently. Once you get over like 1.5 billion gold you start getting 'mystic caps' instead of gold, which are going to be used for something else in future updates (although they're useless at the moment). So you can grind up a bunch of caps now, or just put it aside and come back later and grind them up when they actually have a use.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Actually-- unlike MinuteQuest some weapons will have an auto attack that does more damage per hit (but is slower) than quick tapping. And some jobs, like Girl, have auto movement, too, while equipped.

It turns out that, for the Hammer, anyway, if you start the attack, then tap as fast as you can while it's rising, then stop, it will do more damage.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

mrkillboy posted:

I guess this is a sequel to their Facebook game that is pretty popular with goons. Going to find out how different it is, thanks for the heads up

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

It turns out that, for the Hammer, anyway, if you start the attack, then tap as fast as you can while it's rising, then stop, it will do more damage.

Full disclosure, I've mostly used the sword, daggers and dice because it's the most mindless way to grind. I've tried out the others at least once, but it just seems that so far like they're more effort for not that gteat of a return.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

mrkillboy posted:

Doesn't seem to want to install on my Galaxy 5s am I getting outdated already?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
God dammit, I got asked about truffles again. I'm gonna have to go do it sometime now because I'm so loving curious about what it's all about.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

God dammit, I got asked about truffles again. I'm gonna have to go do it sometime now because I'm so loving curious about what it's all about.

Google's plan is finally working :smuggo:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I posted XCOM questions a few pages ago and it's apparently on sale from :10bux: to 5.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Am I correct in assuming that since I'm playing after the Fork was reduced from 100% chance, it's not worth keeping around or using in place of better base-damage stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

MisterBibs posted:

Am I correct in assuming that since I'm playing after the Fork was reduced from 100% chance, it's not worth keeping around or using in place of better base-damage stuff?

Nope. It's still really good with the 60% crit rate at 200% damage. Keep in mind that as you unlock more stuff that adds flat +attack (sodas/class specific stuff/accessories/armor/etc.), the fork's high crit chance and crit damage modifier make it better and better. I do usually swap out to the assassin daggers later on, especially once the thief ability comes online and they crit often enough anyway.