Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I shift into neutral a full half mile before the stop and put both my feet down at the same time and scrape my feet on the ground all the way to the stop. I do this while [at most] one finger braking. I also use AMSOIL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
That's what I was thinking of.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

well duh, if you don't keep both feet near the ground below 20mph the bike might just suddenly fall over!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I shift into neutral a full half mile before the stop and put both my feet down at the same time and scrape my feet on the ground all the way to the stop. I do this while [at most] one finger braking. I also use AMSOIL.

Fred flintstone stops are cost effective too. Sketchers are a hell of a lot cheaper than new brakepads.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I yank my keys out of the ignition and throw them into the intersection while laying my bike down and jumping on top of it, surfing it to a stop at the line.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Sometimes at the start of really long lights I put in neutral, kickstand down, and just chill with my feet on the pegs.

El Jebus posted:

Some states have a no coasting on a downgrade law somewhere but not all and nothing about neutral at or before stop lights.

I put both feet down.

I too, sit when I pee.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Sometimes when I'm pulling up to a light I rev the bike to 7k with the bars fully turned to the left so I can immediately speed away if it even looks like I might get rear ended.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Sometimes at the start of really long lights I put in neutral, kickstand down, and just chill with my feet on the pegs.

I should really get a picture of how I ride my V-Strom on long stretches of highway... No hands!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Tactical Lesbian posted:

I should really get a picture of how I ride my V-Strom on long stretches of highway... No hands!

Sitting on the pillion seat on the duke was more comfortable than the actual saddle when it came to highway riding.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Aww poo poo another Brisgoon rider. We should chill.

And by chill I mean do ill-advisedly fast things on bikes.

You can add my on Facebook if you want and we can organise something.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

SaNChEzZ posted:

Sitting on the pillion seat on the duke was more comfortable than the actual saddle when it came to highway riding.

I've got a Corbin seat on the Vee, and a Kaoko throttle lock. I slung a rifle sling between the handlebars, linked around the bar/mirror posts and when riding long distances I'll just lean back on my like 40L dry bag like it's a couch cushion, put my feet up with my toes to the left/right of the instrument cluster and hold zero/steer slightly with just one hand on the sling. :911:

Some kind of poo poo you'd see in India or Taiwan.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Sometimes when I'm pulling up to a light I rev the bike to 7k with the bars fully turned to the left so I can immediately speed away if it even looks like I might get rear ended.

I spin the rear tire constantly at every stoplight to generate a defensive smokescreen.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I have a problem judging the distance to objects in the rear view mirror so I tend suspect I'm being rearended, launch out into the intersection on red and take a more comfortable sideways hit instead.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I come to a stop all wobbly, then slooowly teeter over onto my other foot, miss shift six times, finally get it into neutral, slooowly teeter over to the other side so I can step on the rear brake. Then I sloooooowly teeter back to the right, curse violently as I have to buck the bike forward on my tiptoes with all my teensy weensy might so it can go into first, almost fall over twice, then lug and chug my rear end across the intersection half blind due to a fogged visor from my exertions. *

* you think I'm joking, don't you.

M42 fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 16, 2015

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

M42 posted:

I come to a stop all wobbly, then slooowly teeter over onto my other foot, miss shift six times, finally get it into neutral, slooowly teeter over to the other side so I can step on the rear brake. Then I sloooooowly teeter back to the right, curse violently as I have to buck the bike forward on my tiptoes with all my teensy weensy might so it can go into first, almost fall over twice, then lug and chug my rear end across the intersection half blind due to a fogged visor from my exertions. *

* you think I'm joking, don't you.

Same.

Also texting at the same time

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That and the fact that most red lights here last less than 30 seconds is why I just hold the clutch in :goleft:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

That and the fact that most red lights here last less than 30 seconds is why I just hold the clutch in :goleft:

Fewer

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

No one says fewer seconds.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I do a pop shove-it and and a handlebar grind to 720 maradona whenever I feel like it. :rad: Bandits are surprisingly nimble.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I keep it in 6th and take my hands off the bars making a walking motion with my arms. Then, at the last second, drop down to all the way to 1st.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Shadowlz posted:

I keep it in 6th and take my hands off the bars making a walking motion with my arms. Then, at the last second, drop down to all the way to 1st.

The amount of times I see people do this (especially on 125's) is staggering. They'll come to a stop at a light and then just bang it down until they're in first.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ah, those people will never know the joy of splitting between a long lane of stopped cars, engine braking, popping the bike down one gear at a time with a perfect rev-match on each one.

paVRMMMMMMmmmm po pop pop pop VRAMMMMMM pop pop pop rrrmmmm VRAAAMMMMmmmm pop op opp pop ppop thrum brub brub burb brm brm

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Some kind of poo poo you'd see in India or Taiwan.

When I'm chugging along on my 50cc scooter that's belching smoke and hasn't passed a smog check in 15 years; coming up to a stop light, I first take the cigarette out of my mouth, then pull out my cellphone to make sure nobody has Line'd me (leaving the straps on my hard hat loose and unattached makes it easy to call someone), then take a plug of betel nut and bite down on that poo poo, take another drag of the cigarette and spit out the old betel nut, by this time I've made it through the intersection so I lay back on the throttle to bring 'er back up to 30km/hr as the cop waves a knowing wave and I'm off to deliver the two canisters of gas that aren't even strapped down, because I'm 老人 and your young rear end better respect your elders!

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

When I'm chugging along on my 50cc scooter that's belching smoke and hasn't passed a smog check in 15 years; coming up to a stop light, I first take the cigarette out of my mouth, then pull out my cellphone to make sure nobody has Line'd me (leaving the straps on my hard hat loose and unattached makes it easy to call someone), then take a plug of betel nut and bite down on that poo poo, take another drag of the cigarette and spit out the old betel nut, by this time I've made it through the intersection so I lay back on the throttle to bring 'er back up to 30km/hr as the cop waves a knowing wave and I'm off to deliver the two canisters of gas that aren't even strapped down, because I'm 老人 and your young rear end better respect your elders!

yo this dude has seen a Thing or two.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

50ccs is where "stand your ground" and "moving violation" merge.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayEXg3xbuw&t=30s

Whoops. I came up about 30 seconds after this crash, the scooter rider was pretty hosed up - probably a broken wrist, and a possible neck injury. What irritated me was the two car drivers were arguing over who's fault it was and nobody had called an ambulance until I pulled up (another biker was calling - he was a first aider so there wasn't much else I could do to help, so I pulled off feeling a bit guilty)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Lol at the white van man two clips after that one not merely using his phone while driving, but using it to have a wank :ughh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

British slang is wonderful :allears:

"He's got 'is ol' boy out!! Phooowoaaaaaaaarrrrr"

e: the one right after that is a good example of why proper lane positioning is important. Also doing blind spot checks before merging. You can see the car in the right mirror creeping up and trying to share the lane for a good four or five seconds before the hit.

e2: aaaand there go the shoes

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 20, 2015

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I never thought I would see Honda's Akira bike in person. Its a really comfy bike to sit on and it has some pretty neat storage compartments. However I think it needs something like the engine from the Superduke to pull off those looks. Still made me giggle though.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Sweet jesus it's ugly.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I saw an NM4 in town a few months back with the rider decked out in all high-viz and the bike had a hard topbox on the back.

I didn't think I would ever see one in the flesh either.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Sat on one at the NY motorcycle show, was pretty comfy but super weird, and the side cases were so incredibly small they bordered on useless. Strange bike, was a DCT auto too.

I'll dump all my photos from the show shortly...

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Did they bring the CB4 too? I want that to be made sooo bad

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LINK

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hawtttt

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I groaned and drooled just slightly out the corner of my mouth.

FWIW there's several bikes similar to that which routinely get raced here, there's a whole post-classic series dedicated to that sort of thing. First gen gixxers, katanas, z1, original H2 etc. None of them are manufacturer-built though obv.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I loved the color (colour?) scheme from that era. I had an '83 GS550 that had the same design on the fuel tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Saw a guy in traffic last night with a mint RD500 (RZ500?) in his truck. He also had a late model gxsr in there, and they both had their lights taped up, so I assume he had it at the track :hellyeah:

I didn't want to bug him to pull over so this is the best I got