Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
IIC trip report:

UAC/10-ML Hunchback is decent

4SRM6-A Hunchback is terrifying

Laservomit Hunchback is p. good with 2 LPL and 2 ML -- might could be better with 4 ERLL

Small pulse Jenner is very good but squishy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Pattonesque posted:

IIC trip report:

UAC/10-ML Hunchback is decent

4SRM6-A Hunchback is terrifying

Laservomit Hunchback is p. good with 2 LPL and 2 ML -- might could be better with 4 ERLL

Small pulse Jenner is very good but squishy

what engine and how much ammo are you packing on uac10 the hunchie? I am using max engine with 5 tons of ammo, dunno if I wanna kick it down to a 250 or 225, even with max engine the turn/twist speed feels sluggish

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Willfrey posted:

what engine and how much ammo are you packing on the hunchie? I am using max engine with 5 tons of ammo, dunno if I wanna kick it down to a 250 or 225, even with max engine the turn speed feels sluggish

Max on all of them, with five tons (I think) on both the UAC and SRM versions. I feel like it's not tanky enough to risk going slower

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Now that I have an Urbanmech it is beautiful. Nevermind that I spent like 5 times its actual cost on giving it DHS/Endo/Ferro, nevermind that I basically can only keep up with the mediums, nevermind that I only have 2 large lasers and 4 machine guns...

No one cares about me. I can just walk behind people, strip their back with lasers, and put them cherry red with MGs before they even realize what is happening.

The 2LL/4MG urbie is a beast. I'm pretty fond of the 3ML/1LPL urbie too, actually. That stupid little poo poo will do work.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
We got a drop going on right now in mumble if anyone wants to drop with us.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde

Anticheese posted:

The Clan Wolf skin, combined with Marik colours, is incredible for looking pink and fabulous on the battlefield.

I've been introducing myself loudly as Commander Anticheese of the Word of Lowtax, driving the pink whatever. It's great.

Ha! I Ran into you in a skirmish yesterday and several people did panic "AHH IT'S THE GOONS!" Then we died.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The IIC mechs are IS mechs for CW right?

Also, tier 3 pub drops are a steaming pile of poo poo. The amount of window licking t5s in the queue is staggering.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Also, tier 3 pub drops are a steaming pile of poo poo. The amount of window licking t5s in the queue is staggering.

They are clan mechs. They just aren't omnimechs.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Here's my amazing Shadow Cat build that has been wrecking everything for the past couple days:

I've googled Scat builds and poo poo but never found anything as powerful as this, and since the goons in Mumble are impressed by it, I thought it'd be good to share it here.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

just got into this game last week, and it's scratching some itches that I didn't even know I had. Already regretting that I never played any of the other mechwarriors back in their day

I'm starting to get the hang of piloting my mech and using some of the techniques in the OP. I can't say I'm any good yet, but I'm starting to win/survive more of my quickplay matches and I at least feel like I'm not fully useless anymore.
If anybody wants to throw me an invite to GIRL so I can start droppin with goons I'd appreciate it. My name in-game is powerbot5000 (powerman5000 was taken :smith:)
It's my day off and I'm planning on playing basically all fuckin day

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

crowbb posted:

Ha! I Ran into you in a skirmish yesterday and several people did panic "AHH IT'S THE GOONS!" Then we died.

gons ruin everything.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

veedubfreak posted:

tier 3 in general is just some lovely middle ground where you really don't know what type of match you'll be dropping in. why they decided to go with 5 tiers instead of say 10 or 20 is beyond me.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

teepo posted:

tier 3 in general is just some lovely middle ground where you really don't know what type of match you'll be dropping in. why they decided to go with 5 tiers instead of say 10 or 20 is beyond me.

Is that last bit internet sarcasm or are you serious. :v:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
i think they set it up this way intentionally, knowing that there would be an influx of new unskilled players. So all the regular players shot up to tier 1 and 2, keeping them from squaring off against the 4 and 5's. probably will be an adjustment after a while to bring middling players like me back down to 3

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
After yesterday's embarassing performance, today went much smoother. I still love my Cent :3:

Also, Atlas capping squad, AKA Steiner Scout Lance was a lot of fun, thanks guys for the games!

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Mindblast posted:

Is that last bit internet sarcasm or are you serious. :v:

do you not understand how having a wider range of tiers would improve the matchmaker? :v:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I think it might actually be impossible for me to not love this Griffin.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Game is still not good, but is good enough for me to play a couple rounds and rub my King Crab all over some mechs.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Wales Grey posted:

Game is still not good, but is good enough for me to play a couple rounds and rub my King Crab all over some mechs.

Goons and beer can make the worst games fun ime

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Bait and Swatch posted:

Goons and beer can make the worst games fun ime

Anyone who dropped with G1mmel (before he was banned for drunkenly threatening to bomb PGI) can confirm this.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Xenothral posted:

I think it might actually be impossible for me to not love this Griffin.

Drop 2 jj and 1 medium and put artemis on it.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

veedubfreak posted:

Drop 2 jj and 1 medium and put artemis on it.

I think you can squeeze artemis and all the weapons on: GRF-1N

Also, I fixed up that Shadowcat from earlier: SHC-B

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://mwomercs.com/archer

one of them has nine missile hardpoints

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 16, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

At least when you press / to open your Centurion's missile bays they don't make your mech 2 meters taller so you're that much easier to hit :lol:

(That Archer looks dope as hell, although if they're going to do a hero version they should have gone with Jaime Wolf's mech instead of some random 'Tempest' thing :ohdear:)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

WarLocke posted:

At least when you press / to open your Centurion's missile bays they don't make your mech 2 meters taller so you're that much easier to hit :lol:

(That Archer looks dope as hell, although if they're going to do a hero version they should have gone with Jaime Wolf's mech instead of some random 'Tempest' thing :ohdear:)

I think the ECM on the hero might be a nod to Morgan Kell?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That Archer looks gorgeous. March is going to be an LRM nightmare.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

https://mwomercs.com/archer

one of them has nine missile hardpoints

:hurr: PREORDER :hurr:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

That Archer looks gorgeous. March is going to be an LRM nightmare.

gently caress that, I wonder if you can fit SRM54 on one :unsmigghh:

(Probably 8xSRM4/6 would be more likely, gives you 4 launchers on each mouse button, coincidentally getting around Ghost Heat as long as you don't spaz out)

But yeah, if I had a game-capable internet connection right now I'd be sorely loving tempted because it's a loving Archer, and I love me some Unseen.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

WarLocke posted:

The hero variant has probably the best hardpoints, too. the all missile hardpoint one is going to be crippled by ammo issues, I think.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

WarLocke posted:

gently caress that, I wonder if you can fit SRM54 on one :unsmigghh:

(Probably 8xSRM4/6 would be more likely, gives you 4 launchers on each mouse button, coincidentally getting around Ghost Heat as long as you don't spaz out)

But yeah, if I had a game-capable internet connection right now I'd be sorely loving tempted because it's a loving Archer, and I love me some Unseen.

It is really tempting as hell. And I love me a good SRM boat. Buuuuut I got the other two Unseen already and I'm not sure about how many different builds you could really run on them yet. Also it's PGI, and even though they've improved it's still like setting money on fire.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Any thoughts on this? It's a Streakcrow but with dumbfire SRMs. I don't think I've ever seen one of these, but I think it looks like an amazing facewrecker.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=c4202ed97426c7b5cac94230a9cbcd9625eb1dd0

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
9 missile weapons means a ton of ammo...on a brawler that is not an Atlas. How big is an archer? Assault I guess? Or Heavy?

EDIT: 70 Tons.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vorenus posted:

Any thoughts on this? It's a Streakcrow but with dumbfire SRMs. I don't think I've ever seen one of these, but I think it looks like an amazing facewrecker.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=c4202ed97426c7b5cac94230a9cbcd9625eb1dd0

I've already built this. It's great. Just hide behind assaults and pop out/steal their kills.

EDIT: And if you can get behind the other team, which isn't hard with this boat you can shred butts.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 16, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

9 missile weapons means a ton of ammo...on a brawler that is not an Atlas. How big is an archer? Assault I guess? Or Heavy?

EDIT: 70 Tons.

If you compromise and do SRM4 instead of SRM6 (do 4s still fire in tighter groups than 6s?) then a single ton of ammo should give you 25 salvos for a single launcher. That's probably 'enough' for a match although you may run out if you somehow last until the end...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm going to buy that Archer pack and make a 9 SRM6 Archer. :getin:

(Under the assumption that quirks will support this playstyle.)

(So I'm going to get burnt.)

e; is there a gallery of the concept art for all of the 'mechs by model? The redesigns are really good and I want to be able to occasionally look at them and despair at the current state of tabletop Battletech minis.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 16, 2015

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Vorenus posted:

I was looking at something like that too for my streakcrow but putting one of the -c pod son it and an LPL for poking.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=8b2c40bc78981f672dbfe132af6bad8ce587db50

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
The Archer with 9 missile points has one in the chest. Chest points can only fit 2 slots so that one at best is SRM4 with Artemis or SRM6 without Artemis, and Artemis is all or nothing , probably only going to be fitting SRM4 on that slot :\

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

TVDinna posted:

The Archer with 9 missile points has one in the chest. Chest points can only fit 2 slots so that one at best is SRM4 with Artemis or SRM6 without Artemis, and Artemis is all or nothing , probably only going to be fitting SRM4 on that slot :\

9xSRM6 would probably be too heavy anyway, considering you also need armor, ammo, and an engine big enough to get around with.

8xSRM4 (and maybe Artemis) is probably going to be the go-to I bet.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Hows the grind for mechbays in CW?

Kinda wanna avoid CW all together but need those mechbays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

SoftNum posted:

I was looking at something like that too for my streakcrow but putting one of the -c pod son it and an LPL for poking.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=8b2c40bc78981f672dbfe132af6bad8ce587db50

This is almost the same as my -C from when I was playing back in the spring" http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=184&l=000cac21a0ec6f268f2525b870cc2ab4bdc4b753

Very hot, but you really don't use the LPL once you're in SRM range.

• Locked thread