Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megane
Jun 20, 2008

Dee Ehm posted:

Edit: also, how do you use Sublimation of Blood without nearly killing yourself?

If it feels like it's hurting a lot you probably need more power; spellpower affects how efficient the conversion is. In any case it's kind of weird spell because it's "emergency MP" that you can't safely use in an emergency, so you have to plan ahead and use it early. It also helps to have a backup plan in cases where you can't Sub yourself, like pots of magic or an energy staff or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Dee Ehm posted:

I got to Orc with the axe murdering deep elf Necromanxer, and I've realized that I'm completely clueless when it comes to Necromancy spells that aren't animate skeleton / animate dead / bolt of draining, I don't know how to play deep elf casters, and I have no idea what I'm doing. So I'm asking for legitimate help before I kill myself.

Dump is here

Basically, I have a dozen different directions tugging at me now and no idea which way to take this character.

Do I break Laceration? And when? I'm holding onto it, but I have a randart weapon with similar intrinsics [+5 trident of Piemecw {pierce, rElec rPois rN+ Dex+4}] a manual of short blades, an electrocution dagger, and a staff of death, but I'm nervous about regretting losing the deathaxe.

I'm carrying a library around and have no idea what to go for in it. Necronomicon, Book of the Sky, Book of the Warp are the main attractions. Should I dip into summoning (lightning spire, forest, Haunt) or maybe air (airstrike, deflect missiles, ball lighting, poison cloud, tornado) and what Necromancy spells are worth using (Death Channel, Necronomicon spells)

Basically this is an area of casting I've never done. I don't even know how much impact a staff of death has, is it comparable to a pain weapon in melee?

Edit: also, how do you use Sublimation of Blood without nearly killing yourself?

It's not the ideal build for a deep elf, but I'd go the death knight route. Keep laceration for the whole game; unless you want to subject yourself to extended, you won't find a better weapon. Train axes and use animate dead and death channel to make a big army. Use corpse drop for ablative zombie armor when you run into nasty things. Simulacrum would be a great find for you, especially if you can find a book of frost to give yourself better defenses. Simulacra are frail but will mess poo poo up. You'll want to focus on buffs for yourself and might consider getting some summons. A good necro-warrior can roll through the whole game pretty much unopposed until zot: 5, at which point you'll need a plan for orbs of fire. I don't find necromancy very reliable against them because they rip through your minions so quickly. OoD or malign gateway should both be acceptable in that regard.

The staff route would be better if you want to be a more "pure" necromancer, but I find that to be super fiddly and annoying. It can be effective, but it will take forever to kill things and require three times as much work as if you just chopped them with the axe. Haunt will be a good spell for you in this case (I hate haunt, don't do this and don't learn it) because it's good for clogging up the whole screen with trash that will pick away at your enemies very slowly. A short blade is a good backup weapon for spooky haunters, too, because it's easy to get distraction stabs, so that manual would prove useful.

You could go for air magic, but that won't mix well with your minions at all. CBL, chain lightning and tornado are the big air spells and your undead will just get in the way or get blown up. Poisonous cloud, on the other hand, would be perfect for you if you could swing the XP.

Tony Montana posted:

Ok I lost another like 4 loving Wizards yesterday in the early levels. Please can someone write me a super brief 'How to be a starter Wizard' guide or a couple of dot points.

I currently go High Elf coz they seem cool and Wiz because I want to access all or most of the magic tree eventually.

I have been:
Turning off everything but Spellcasting and Conjurations so I can get Magic Dart up to useful quickly
Going slowly and when getting to level 2, taking Summon Imp, Blink and Slow.
Then keep using Magic Dart, keep going slowly and when in trouble, poo poo out Imps, slow the enemy and blink away if I need to.

I keep getting killed doing this, Grinder totally hosed my rear end in a top hat. A worm or rat can bite off half my HP in one turn. I'm grabbing a short blade if I see one to help me if I get bum rushed, but should I be wearing the leather I routinely see? Will it impact my spells much? I could really use the AC.

People have already given a lot of good advice, but I'll add that HEWz is more a melee or ranged character in disguise. You should turn off magic and start training defenses or a weapon by D:4 unless you've found another background's starter spell book. You can eventually cast all kinds of stuff as a HEWz, but you need to develop ways to kill things right away, and a sword or bow supported by your magic is the best way to do that early on in most cases. If you want to play a generalist caster, deep elf conjuror is a good bet, though they're frail as hell. It doesn't get better than deep elves, though, if you want to cast all the magic.

Heithinn Grasida fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 15, 2015

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
All that mental gymnastics frying to figure out how to best design my character and I die not four encounters later from underestimating how much self-damage Sublimation would do. I didn't want to to go to 6 health, thanks.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Don't use sublimation without also running regeneration unless you're desperate. It's an incredibly powerful spell but you can't treat it lightly. If you do have both you can go wild though, just spitting out spells constantly.

The thing about sublimation is that it can easily take off 40~ hp in order to fully restore your mana, or it can do 1 damage and restore 1 mana. Even though higher results are more likely with high power you can never tell just how strong the effect will be. It's obviously a lot safer if you are beefy (Naga casters are really good!) but you can get away with it as a squishy elf if nobody is going to snipe you at range, and the upside is immense. It's effectively the strongest mana recovery in the game in terms of mana/turns with decent necro skill, and unlike CBoE or channeling (or Sif channeling) you're putting xp into a skill that helps you cast other amazing spells as well.

The end cap necromancy spell is deaths door by the way, necromut is a trap. Lichform isn't useless but it's also real dangerous, while deaths door is crazy good. The only place I would feel happy using lichform is Tomb, simply because removing torment & mummy curses removes 90% of the challenge. Though, I haven't tried this since they added dispel undead dogs and holy-branded executioners, so it might be a trap waiting to happen even there.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
I've been rolling a Demon Spawn Fighter who was following Qazlal. However I kept getting banished when trying to clear elves because my option were getting thin without MR. After abyss trip number three I had exhausted my options and had to Lugonu altar at like 20hp. How long is Qazlal gonna try and take me out? The rest of the game? His elemental aren't too bad unless I am in the middle of fighting things. Elves got me TONS of great loot to make the rest of the game easier. This game has been carried by pearl dragon armor on D:3. It is almost finally maximally enchanted. I could even start building some caster hybrid at this point now that I'm rocking a Wiz mR++ int+3 ring.

all the ladies say I fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 15, 2015

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Dee Ehm posted:

Do I break Laceration? And when? I'm holding onto it, but I have a randart weapon with similar intrinsics [+5 trident of Piemecw {pierce, rElec rPois rN+ Dex+4}] a manual of short blades, an electrocution dagger, and a staff of death, but I'm nervous about regretting losing the deathaxe.

I'm carrying a library around and have no idea what to go for in it. Necronomicon, Book of the Sky, Book of the Warp are the main attractions. Should I dip into summoning (lightning spire, forest, Haunt) or maybe air (airstrike, deflect missiles, ball lighting, poison cloud, tornado) and what Necromancy spells are worth using (Death Channel, Necronomicon spells)

Basically this is an area of casting I've never done. I don't even know how much impact a staff of death has, is it comparable to a pain weapon in melee?

You're looking good, I'd get the axe skill next. Death Channel would be a fine spell - it's like animate dead but they come in faster (whether or not they leave a corpse) and still leave the corpses. Agony and Dispel Undead are usually worth learning too.

Staff of death has a slightly better pain brand in exchange for being a +0 staff, a much worse weapon. If you want the enhancer that could be worth using but it's less cool than your axe and completely useless when pain doesn't work (instead of being a +10 battleaxe that gives +5 EV).

Sublimation gets more efficient with more spellpower, you really want to have regeneration going at the same time too. You can use the pair to recover from combat faster (anybody that comes by will be met with your MP bar) even if you aren't needing it during combat.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Inquisitive Banana posted:

I've been rolling a Demon Spawn Fighter who was following Qazlal. However I kept getting banished when trying to clear elves because my option were getting thin without MR. After abyss trip number three I had exhausted my options and had to Lugonu altar at like 20hp. How long is Qazlal gonna try and take me out? The rest of the game? His elemental aren't too bad unless I am in the middle of fighting things. Elves got me TONS of great loot to make the rest of the game easier. This game has been carried by pearl dragon armor on D:3. It is almost finally maximally enchanted. I could even start building some caster hybrid at this point now that I'm rocking a Wiz mR++ int+3 ring.

He will calm down eventually. Abyss is badtimes with Qazlal and Lugonu is good with Demonspawn too, you probably made the right call. He will act against you about 25 times, usually summoning elementals or giving you temporary weakness to fire / cold / elec, that wears off after XP gain. Also making it really loud. Hjs elementals are much stronger than normal elementals.

By the way, I haven't tried death's door / revivification yet, but I have had one lichform MfIE^Ash. I usually thought of lichform as mediocre, but for that character, I didn't have anything to deal with negative energy / torment / mutation much, and I was limited in jewellery swaps from Ash curses, so it really filled in the gaps in my character. Plus, I had amazing tmut aptitude and the Necromancy enhancer gave dispel undead max spellpower.

I do imagine that Death's Door is the more all-around superior spell, since invulnerability is kinda a huge deal, but I haven't tried it yet. Revivification scares me, I don't wanna lose permanent max HP.

Dee Ehm fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 15, 2015

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
Welp he surrounded me with elementals that gang banged me within about four turns right after lowering my fire resist. Had I lugonu blinked first. I think I could have gotten out of there but hind sight is always 20/20 in crawl. I tried to might then swing on an elemental to clear a path to stairs, instantly chunked hard. So hasted my self and then blinked. Dead upon landing. Underestimating my foes always gets me

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This game is pretty fun and the tiles are really nice. I'e been enjoying my lovely hill orc necromancer even though I rarely make it past a few levels. I like that the game gives you the freedom to inscribe the word penis on all your stuff.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
I ascended that DsGl^Qaz I posted about that other day for a super easy 3 rune win. I still had all 9 blink scrolls I'd hoarded. I did Abyssal for my third rune since I had a free trip to the third floor.. I was expecting Qaz to make it a pain, but with 3 regen items and the regen spell castable, it really wasn't an issue at all. The only time I got below 3/4 health was the time or two that torment wasn't blocked by my mutation.

First win since I've been back, so that's kinda cool I guess.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

ZeeToo posted:

I believe the eventual goal is to make Orc and Elf a single branch.

ZeeToo posted:

Not sure. When I went looking for sources, I couldn't find what I was thinking I'd seen, so maybe I'm just going crazy.

You're going crazy, sorry.

Darox posted:

Don't use sublimation without also running regeneration unless you're desperate. It's an incredibly powerful spell but you can't treat it lightly. If you do have both you can go wild though, just spitting out spells constantly.

The thing about sublimation is that it can easily take off 40~ hp in order to fully restore your mana, or it can do 1 damage and restore 1 mana. Even though higher results are more likely with high power you can never tell just how strong the effect will be. It's obviously a lot safer if you are beefy (Naga casters are really good!) but you can get away with it as a squishy elf if nobody is going to snipe you at range, and the upside is immense. It's effectively the strongest mana recovery in the game in terms of mana/turns with decent necro skill, and unlike CBoE or channeling (or Sif channeling) you're putting xp into a skill that helps you cast other amazing spells as well.

The end cap necromancy spell is deaths door by the way, necromut is a trap. Lichform isn't useless but it's also real dangerous, while deaths door is crazy good. The only place I would feel happy using lichform is Tomb, simply because removing torment & mummy curses removes 90% of the challenge. Though, I haven't tried this since they added dispel undead dogs and holy-branded executioners, so it might be a trap waiting to happen even there.

All of this is true, but I'd also note that borg's is secretly really strong

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Necromutation is only a trap if you play stupid*. Losing potions isn't much of a downside because you can buff yourself and then necromutate. The only thing you lose is curing and heal wounds, but a wand of heal wounds will make up for the latter. If you have high MR then you don't have to worry about anything confusing you aside from hell effects but you can wear an amulet of clar-

WELL if you have innate clarity or its provided by some artifact gear, you can still use it safely in Hell. Regardless, I don't see how its anymore of a trap than death's door which puts you in position to die from a single burst of hellfire or high damage smite once it ends. It really only carries extreme danger in specific situations. The thing that holds me back from using it more often is how high of an exp investment it takes to cast it reliably.

*"Hmm yeah I'll wear guardian spirit when my only escape options are magic and I have no wand of heal wounds how could this possibly go wrong :downs:"

Dee Ehm posted:

Revivification scares me, I don't wanna lose permanent max HP.

Losing max HP sucks but look at it this way; you lose all your HP when you die because you didn't cast Borg's.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 16, 2015

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

You can also get confused via CBoE/Wucad but the big reason I dislike Lichform as an all-the-time thing is because you lose the other really good necromancy spells. No sublimation or regeneration can be a big deal, and not being able to DDoor or Borgs at will can get you killed. It's made worse by the fact that choosing to end a form early has a big time penalty.

And yeah, the xp investment is pretty bad. Borgs is single school, and DDoor is charms which means haste & a bunch of other useful stuff, while necromut needs transmut which gives you... nothing. Even a transmuter would be hesitant because using lichform means they are missing the huge damage increase from Dragon/Blades/Statue form.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Necromutation + sustain attributes is still the best way to blast tomb-themed ziggurat floors into oblivion tbh, but without amulets of clarity I don't think irresistible confusion should be a thing. That said, maybe the lack of amulet of clarity can be an excuse to lower the spell's level by 1 :getin:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is necromancer a decent enough class to learn the game with? The skills seem pretty varied and fun so far, though animate skeleton is a bit underwhelming. Are there any good tips or general strategies to keep in mind as a necromancer?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Is necromancer a decent enough class to learn the game with? The skills seem pretty varied and fun so far, though animate skeleton is a bit underwhelming. Are there any good tips or general strategies to keep in mind as a necromancer?

Learn how to think animate skeleton isn't underwhelming! Being able to buy a space by running through your skeleton makes you invincible vs a lot of foes, and attacking alongside the skeleton gives you great offense.

My favourite necromancers are melee races like Ogre or HO, often taking Ashenzari. If you take Kiku you will be going very heavy into necromancy (so better with a different race), and request corpses to animate whenever a foe isn't dying easily. Most other gods are reasonable (especially when found before the temple) but those two and Ru are what I would seek most often.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Are there any good tips or general strategies to keep in mind as a necromancer?

Some Stuff You Just Can't (or Shouldn't) Kill. Specifically, anything with rN, which early on means Grinder, Menkaure, undead, and imps. You can melee them to death if you put your mind to it, but generally you should just avoid them or park them on the floor above.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Or you just maul them to death with a horde of undead you animate on the level. That's kind of the necromancer's entire early game game up until extended, and even there you can keep doing it if you worship Kiku for corpse delivery.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Necromancers are now summoners but more finicky ever since skeletons and zombies started timing out. Just take any other start and grab Kiku if you want to be a necromancer.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I looked up kiku in the ingame guide to the gods and holy poo poo that sounds fun. What's a better race than hill orc to go with if I feel like going all in with the necromancy?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I looked up kiku in the ingame guide to the gods and holy poo poo that sounds fun. What's a better race than hill orc to go with if I feel like going all in with the necromancy?

I like Demonspawn personally, since I love the random good mutations. Deep Dwarf is another good one, since their gimmick is mitigated a bit by Vampiric Draining.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Vampiric draining is absolutely nowhere near enough to mitigate their lovely gimmick. If you play a DD of Kiku you're gonna have a bad time, especially as a new player.

Source: I tried this once and ended up abandoning Kiku at the end of Lair to pick up Makhleb since I was so infuriated by how lovely the character was to play. Though it ended up working out well since I got a necronomicon out of it.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, vampiric draining is good enough to make DDNe a decent start but not enough to replace other healing and definitely not good enough to justify Kiku worship for DDs.

My favourite Kiku worshiping combo is deep elf enchanters. You've got the apts for it and Kikus gifts give you tools for dealing with things that don't hex easily, plus the end cap of a pain branded short blade can hugely up your damage output. Kiku is less useful after you get your 6* gift but his wrath is also really tame compared to most other gods, so you can ditch him and keep your necromancy toys.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Mummy! :D

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Sorry but who the gently caress thought it would be a good idea for kobolds in D2 to have a short sword of draining? I don't have any loving skills to lose this early in the game. One hit and my DEFE has turned into a doddering fool with the ability to do gently caress all about saving his life. That's just shithouse.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Same reason the first enemy you encounter can be a goblin that stabs you with an electric dagger for an OHKO; RNG.

Be wary of anything with a dangerous brand, especially early on, and remember you can see if an enemy has a branded weapon.

VVV I agree that its tedious, but if enemies show up as individuals the game will announce what brand they are carrying in a message without you having to examine them. Also even a lovely kobold can indirectly kill a level 10 character with one swing of a distortion dagger. You really have to play careful to get past the first few levels, especially as a squishy character. Or if you don't care about win rates/streaking you can play quickly and just accept that these kind of deaths will happen.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 16, 2015

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Same reason the first enemy you encounter can be a goblin that stabs you with an electric dagger for an OHKO; RNG.

Be wary of anything with a dangerous brand, especially early on, and remember you can see if an enemy has a branded weapon.

Yeah, but I don't usually view every enemy with a branded weapon because I can almost always afford to get hit once by a bloody kobold and they usually die quick to throw flame. But draining is a bastard especially when your skills are so low in the first place. I guess I can't complain when I technically have the option to view every enemy and see what the brand is, but that would be tedious as gently caress.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FR: a visual indicator of brands on weapons. Like a little red circle on the weapon if its fire or something

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is there a button to rest until healed? The ? menu lists it as numpad 5 but that just waits a single turn for me.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Is there a button to rest until healed? The ? menu lists it as numpad 5 but that just waits a single turn for me.

Push Numlock and try again.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Prism posted:

Push Numlock and try again.

Still only doing a single turn with it both disabled and enabled.

E:I got it, it was shift+numpad 5, not just numpad 5

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 16, 2015

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Hill orc is still a good choice. Even if you're following Kiku, necromancy works best as a powerful support skill set that enhances your ability to attack and defend as well as giving your more ways to approach an encounter. You will still be stronger if you develop a standard way to kill things (melee with a polearm is probably ideal) and supplement it with necromancy. You can make a pure necromancer work, but to my mind it's a very unnatural way to play the game.

Other than hill orcs, tengu and demonspawn make nice necromancers. Vampires can be good too, but vampires are weird and not friendly to new players. Someone suggested deep elf enchanter, which is an off-beat but interesting choice, especially if you really want to focus hard on magic. Any caster background is okay, but those that support a hybrid playstyle like wizard and ice elementalist are probably best. Necromancer itself is a good hybrid start, but is redundant with kiku; it's better if you're going for another god that's helpful to hybrids like Ashenzari. My first win was a demonspawn ice elementalist of kiku, which is a fun, versatile and powerful combination, though it can be complicated to play.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

It's certainly not bad to take Kiku with many non-Ne combos, but I think Necromancer of Kiku is underrated in general. Having decent necromancy powers by the time you find Kiku will make your character very straightforwardly strong, rather than faffing about trying to fix defenses + Necro + say ice (+ conj) + melee. You can diversify later with your finds. In addition, there is no guarantee that Kiku will offer Animate Dead. That spell makes your game so much easier. If you get stuck with Simulacrum as your only animation spell .. well it's really really strong but will take a very long time to make useful, especially if you started as a DsFE or something.

Darox posted:

Kiku is less useful after you get your 6* gift but his wrath is also really tame compared to most other gods, so you can ditch him and keep your necromancy toys.

I don't generally recommend abandoning gods until you have multiple wins, but Kiku is indeed a pretty easy switch - especially since Control Undead is guaranteed and most of the wrath summons undead! I played a DsFi who tried to use a hammer of pain, swapping Kiku -> Chei during mid-Lair (wanted massive Str for making hammer less bad), wrath was not much trouble - just watch for miasma, torment, and increased miscasts.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I like the subtle graphics updates as well as Pakellas as an offline god since I don't play online. I don't know much about the new amulet situation but I've gotten amulet of harm as first ID amulet on 3 characters so far (got a HONe of Ash, a GrWz of Veh and a DS [xl3; no god yet]

gonna start a character w aims of pakellas. not DD, maybe kobold? or a super strong race like mino or merfolk.

any suggestions?

edit: I prefer hybrid characters, but I assume w Pak's mana regen quirk I shouldn't bank on anything past support spells. I love vinestalkers, I haven't searched for info regarding Vs bite and Pak.

anybody know?

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

If you want the necromancer feel but a way easier game, just play a fighter of some kind and worship Yredelemnul. You get a very easy to use animate dead, and his drain life is pretty cool. Probably don't use Pain Mirror much though, it costs a boatload of piety. You also eventually get mega strong permanent undead like bone dragons and profane servitors. Sure, he sucks in extended, but until then he's pretty cool.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Unimpressed posted:

Sorry but who the gently caress thought it would be a good idea for kobolds in D2 to have a short sword of draining? I don't have any loving skills to lose this early in the game. One hit and my DEFE has turned into a doddering fool with the ability to do gently caress all about saving his life. That's just shithouse.

I always find that killer bees are the worst thing to find early, just because you can't run from them and they will kick your rear end even if you have rPois. D:3 killer bee pack is basically Crawl saying gently caress you if you didn't manage to get lucky with blind using all your consumables in a panicky hope that one will save you.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

PleasingFungus posted:

You're going crazy, sorry.

Oh, good, it's a relief to get independent confirmation. :v:

I am Otis posted:

edit: I prefer hybrid characters, but I assume w Pak's mana regen quirk I shouldn't bank on anything past support spells. I love vinestalkers, I haven't searched for info regarding Vs bite and Pak.

anybody know?

I don't, but I'd be really interested in someone sharing and finding out. Don't demonspawn have a possible mutation that affects mana regen, too? Curious on that one as well.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I think there's too many nutty changes going on right now, I hope this doesn't mean enemies like death cobs are silently going to solidify their position as the ultimate shitlords (or maybe devs agreed that they're fine and that's why there's all the amulet stuff going on :shrug: )

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Someone knows any good LP for beginners? This game is kicking my rear end like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Someone knows any good LP for beginners? This game is kicking my rear end like crazy.

Yup, thats how it works.

481 games before my first win. That's apparently around average.

• Locked thread