Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would also hope said jokes would also be unique and different and not the same joke repeated three times. We get it dude, you think people who don't like the new stuff are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's all in the delivery.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Jokes are supposed to be funny, dude.

If you've ever watched a bad movie such as The Room, Birdemic, or Pixels, you'd know that jokes can and often do, fail.

Baal posted:

I would also hope said jokes would also be unique and different and not the same joke repeated three times. We get it dude, you think people who don't like the new stuff are wrong.

I don't believe you. I think after I've badly made the joke four more times I'll be convinced.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do what you feel you must

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

El Burbo posted:

How did everyone forget that there is already a Tanktop Girl???

Whoa. Tanktop Girl is a babe!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

Do what you feel you must

mabels big day posted:

Whoa. Tanktop Girl is a babe!

It's mostly consistent with the rest of the female heroes.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Save us, Licenseless Saitama!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You know what's interesting about that comment? If people didn't loving insist on bringing it up, you wouldn't know this was "filler". Don't get hung up on where it came from and enjoy the ride.

I feel you're misunderstanding me here. I don't give a crap where it came from, I think it's fantastic but I also think it's a shame that we know more or less how it will turn out. I'm stoll loving the how it happens part but we all know sort of what will happen (Metal Bat and Garou will both get away more or less fine).

Not saying it's bad or anything because of this either, this is like the best part so far, Metal Bat rules.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Man with Hat posted:

I feel you're misunderstanding me here. I don't give a crap where it came from, I think it's fantastic but I also think it's a shame that we know more or less how it will turn out. I'm stoll loving the how it happens part but we all know sort of what will happen (Metal Bat and Garou will both get away more or less fine).

Not saying it's bad or anything because of this either, this is like the best part so far, Metal Bat rules.

Garou isn't going down until Saitama punches him. We know this because this manga is the essence of shonen, looking in the mirror. We don't know how we are going to get there, though--just like, ideally, we never know how we are going to get there--and watching that is fun. So I think lamenting that we know things because this is "filler" misses the point (we already know things), and further, the fact that we know this is "filler" in the first place is because people (not you) won't shut the gently caress up about poo poo that happens in ONE's version that we haven't gotten to yet.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 16, 2015

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Garou isn't going down until Saitama punches him. We know this because this manga is the essence of shonen, looking in the mirror. We don't know how we are going to get there, though--just like, ideally, we never know how we are going to get there--and watching that is fun. So I think lamenting that we know things because this is "filler" misses the point (we already know things), and further, the fact that we know this is "filler" in the first place is because people won't shut the gently caress up about poo poo that happens in ONE's version that we haven't gotten to yet.

To me there's a difference between "knowing because that's just what happens" and "knowing because I've practically been told", but I get that I'm probably a minority in that and if it bothered me really much I'd just stop reading this thread. And we wouldn't know that Metal Bat will make it out OK if it wasn't for the fact that, as you say, people won't shut the gently caress up about poo poo that happens in ONE's version that we haven't gotten to yet (ie if we didn't know this is new material). Also true for the Anime thread where people won't shut up about poo poo in here that hasn't happened in the anime this season.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People have read the One version and know how we get to Garo getting punched.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah I'd be completely oblivious otherwise. I'd actually argue that it's not, it's more like a director's cut with extra scenes.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Baal posted:

People have read the One version and know how we get to Garo getting punched.

Yes, I know. And I'd rather they kept that knowledge to themselves.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh no one's saying what happens, they're telling you this isn't in the original One stuff. It's one thing if they're posting blatant spoilers, it's another if you're seriously bitching about people bringing forth the knowledge this is unique to Murata's stuff, which you are.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
On a different topic, I really like Elder Centipede because he feels like a true Dragon class threat.

All other Dragon class threats have generally been defeated by Saitama in a single blow, so we don't really get a feel for their power.

The only other Dragon class we've seen, Melzalgald, didn't really get to do much. Yes, he killed the Sky King, who's supposed to be on the same tier as the Sea King, in a single blow, but he mostly just gets the poo poo beaten out of him because his regenerative abilities negate any need for defense, which means he gets punctured like paper from the blows of Pri Pri Prisoner, who could barely put a dent in the far weaker Sea King.

Meanwhile, Elder Centipede has proven to be impervious to the blows of Metal Bat, a dude who can end Demon-level threats in a single blow, and even the artillery of Metal Knight don't do much.

Plus, the sheer scale of the monster, combined with his shape, literally makes him appear more like a dragon than a centipede.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think Melzalgald was Dragon. Likely the only Dragon from the Boros arc was Boros himself(maybe the ship itself too).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to know what a God-Class level threat is if Sea King and Boros did not qualify

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Baal posted:

Uh no one's saying what happens, they're telling you this isn't in the original One stuff. It's one thing if they're posting blatant spoilers, it's another if you're seriously bitching about people bringing forth the knowledge this is unique to Murata's stuff, which you are.

People saying "naw x isn't gong to happen because this is filler" is pretty blatant, even if they're missing the point.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Baal posted:

I want to know what a God-Class level threat is if Sea King and Boros did not qualify

Specifically if Boros didn't classify. Wasn't his goal to basically blow up the planet in search of his prophecy?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

I don't think Melzalgald was Dragon. Likely the only Dragon from the Boros arc was Boros himself(maybe the ship itself too).

Ugh, the awkward part is that this comes from the Hero Guidebook.

Given that I don't fully know what's on it, i don't know if the book contains spoilers.

But given that the guidebook is illustrated by Murata, my personal belief is that it probably doesn't contain spoilers and is relevant to the Murata version and shouldn't count as a spoiler, especially when concerning characters who are already dead and won't show up again. Though if Mod Seafood believes they are without a doubt spoilers, then I'll stop mentioning the guidebook.

Anyways, the Guidebook states that all 3 of Boros's elites are Dragon-level.

Not that the guidebook is absolute, obviously.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baal posted:

Boros's ship would have been God if it didn't go down immediately, I imagine; the city was destroyed outright and it seemed to have plenty of ammo, and it was Saitama's punching everything inside that did the most damage to it so we don't really know if Tatsumaki could have brought it down herself. Heck, even the giant guy from early on was probably Dragon, since just falling over after getting punched was enough for him to wipe out an entire city.

The thing is, both of those things got ended before they could do much, with the most damage the latter accomplished being from his defeat. They were major threats, but Saitama just ended them before their pull power could be revealed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man with Hat posted:

To me there's a difference between "knowing because that's just what happens" and "knowing because I've practically been told", but I get that I'm probably a minority in that and if it bothered me really much I'd just stop reading this thread. And we wouldn't know that Metal Bat will make it out OK if it wasn't for the fact that, as you say, people won't shut the gently caress up about poo poo that happens in ONE's version that we haven't gotten to yet (ie if we didn't know this is new material). Also true for the Anime thread where people won't shut up about poo poo in here that hasn't happened in the anime this season.

Yo, not only are you overreacting, you're doing so in a way that explaining exactly how you're overreacting might require actually spoiling things to you. So chill.

Also every time a hero has fought a monster and lost the hero has survived, even when by all rights it looks like they shouldn't. Such as every single hero who fought Sea King before Saitama. So don't worry about a lack of permanent consequences for defeats.

Like, is that what you're complaining about when some nimrods started calling this filler? Because that was the wrong word from the start and I get the feeling people who insisted on calling this filler were deliberately trying to build the misconceptions you're operating under, however "technically" correct they were.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also, as I think people have mentioned, strength doesn't always literally equal rank.

Only two people tops could have probably stopped the meteor - Saitama, who actually did destroy it, and (possibly) Tatsumaki, who's powerful enough to bring down a meteor of her own and outclasses all other heroes, as shown when she saves them all from death at the cannon's of Boros's ship without any effort. But it's not God-level because it doesn't have a will of its own. It's a natural disaster, not a monster. It'l damage a number of cities... but it's damage can't really spread beyond that. It's limited in scope despite being nearly nigh-unstoppable.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Wait, so Garo himself isn't filler, but it's Metal Bat vs Garo that is? OK, now I understand why some people might be frustrated with it to some degree.

That said, though, you'd know how it ends whether it's filler or not, so just enjoy the cool-rear end Metal Bat story.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Garou is the next villain after Boros in ONE.
The current fight is not in ONE's version.

Sea King wasn't God level. Melzalgald is easily Dragon level. You don't take all of those S Class heroes on at once without being Dragon level. Boros would be a God level threat, if only for the fact that he has attacks that can destroy the planet even outside of the fact he would be able to beat any hero who isn't Saitama.

I'm gonna spoiler this bit because I'm not quite sure as to when exactly ONE is referring to when he said it in an interview, but it's not going to spoiler anything gane changing.
He said Metal Bat wasn't joking when he said he can solo a Dragon class threat. That shines favourably on Melzalgald.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

You'll know when the meteor's bigger brother comes to Earth.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

You'll know when the meteor's bigger brother comes to Earth.

I think I get this reference.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think I get this reference.

The meteor is also wearing a tank top.

Also the joke was Elder Centipede. I say this now because people are so jumpy about spoilers now that I don't want people snapping at me because of a joke.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't, but now I want a meteor with a pompadour shaped leading edge and perhaps a large metal pipe sticking out one side to come screaming down in the atmosphere demanding to speak to the guy who beat up his cute younger bro.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Wait, so Garo himself isn't filler, but it's Metal Bat vs Garo that is? OK, now I understand why some people might be frustrated with it to some degree.

That said, though, you'd know how it ends whether it's filler or not, so just enjoy the cool-rear end Metal Bat story.

Thank you for being cool about this.

Yeah, the Garo arc is the next major storyline following the Boros arc. From his introduction he was foreshadowed to be a major threat and that's why the story's been spending so much time on him. But the Metal Bat fight is cool in more than a few ways. It's not a spoiler to say that ONE's original draft, while very good, had some issues with pacing and plot holes. The new material he wrote for Murata's version is his way of fixing those problems.

As a ONE reader who absolutely loved the Garo arc, I'm digging the hell out of the Metal Bat fight because it's not just new content, it's content that, had it been in the ONE version, would've made it even better. And it's also why I'm curious about Saitama and the martial arts tournament.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

The meteor is also wearing a tank top.

Also the joke was Elder Centipede. I say this now because people are so jumpy about spoilers now that I don't want people snapping at me because of a joke.

Oh I thought you were making a DBZ joke.

Cooler coming to earth after Frieza got killed.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is how the Garou arc will end.

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/family/217/read?articleId=28162132&bbsId=G005&itemId=64

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE BOROS ARC.

It's in Korean but you don't actually need to know the language to understand the parody.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/family/217/read?articleId=28162132&bbsId=G005&itemId=64

It's in Korean but you don't actually need to know the language to understand the parody.

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

nice

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
If you think about it the whole comic is just filler till the sweet embrace of death

Thought this was ONE comic for a second

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RareAcumen posted:

It's mostly consistent with the rest of the female heroes.

If you check his twitter, Murata really likes drawing pretty women and the material of OPM makes it so he doesn't get the chance much. He probably takes what he can get.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

If you check his twitter, Murata really likes drawing pretty women and the material of OPM makes it so he doesn't get the chance much. He probably takes what he can get.

This is a way more informative response than I was expecting so I feel I need to clarify.

Fubuki and that one assistant of hers are both pretty and Tatsumaki is ONE drawn most of the time- also she knee-jerk looks like a kid at a glance so no judging her- and that's all I'm really basing Tank Top chick off of. She's pretty, like most of the female heroes.

And speaking of, it's weird that the only women we've seen so far seem to be the only ones with actual powers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RareAcumen posted:

This is a way more informative response than I was expecting so I feel I need to clarify.

Fubuki and that one assistant of hers are both pretty and Tatsumaki is ONE drawn most of the time- also she knee-jerk looks like a kid at a glance so no judging her- and that's all I'm really basing Tank Top chick off of. She's pretty, like most of the female heroes.

And speaking of, it's weird that the only women we've seen so far seem to be the only ones with actual powers.

There was a very pretty secretary at one of the Hero Association things. And when the sea people invaded, there was also an attractive woman in a bikini screaming. Probably more I'm forgetting. Point is Murata likes drawing pretty women

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So attractive, I'm fairly sure the anime crew just traced her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

As for how things will end:
We know that Saitama will eventually end things.

But like with the house of evolution, Sea King, Boros, its never about the punch, but about the wind up to it.