Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
*in klompus voice* he sold HIMSELF to bayer leverkusen!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Jack Klompus played for United?

You can feel Greg smiling from the grave

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Someone who is better and not as lazy at Photoshop should make a very fitting image :rubs thighs vigorously:.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

T Bowl posted:

Someone who is better and not as lazy at Photoshop should make a very fitting image :rubs thighs vigorously:.

Do us a personal favor!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

T Bowl posted:

What would repeating it in an image possibly add to the joke?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

fat gay nonce posted:

What would repeating it in an image possibly add to the joke?

It doesn't have to be as stale and boring as you make it out to be, that's why I said someone with skill, derp.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

T Bowl posted:

The ideal situation is they sack Jose, a new guy comes in, they dont gel right away and lose once again.. and then it's in full meltdown mode and the new guy is already losing the faith as well.

Actually, the ideal situation is that they keep Mourinho on for the Sunderland game, so that Big Sam can make a face and do an hour-long press conference about how he got him the sack, then they hire someone who the fans hate from the get-go and where they literally boo the introduction of the new manager, bring A4 banners demanding he go, and chant for Mourinho regardless of results

Again

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Byolante posted:

That probably is the reason partially but its loving unfair considering he was thrust into playing with cahill when they already knew zlatan had turned on cheat codes, it was setting him up to fail. I really don't think anyone in the prem has form close to shawcross this season, again, who else can say that a goal hasn't been scored by the opposition while they have been on the pitch this season.

I would have Shawcross in my team, I'd also have Cattermole as my DM, and Vardy, Walcott and Sterling as my front 3. No I'm not giving you any code tags.

Cattermole isn't amazing but England are shocking when you consider our DM options, but if Cattermole was suddenly signed by a big club...

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
we should definitely pick the defensive midfielder currently doing his best to keep his team in 19th

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sunderland just don't give him enough quality service.

Of course my tactics would be getting right up these foreigners and then launching a long ball to one of our pacey lads up top. It would work too.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 16, 2015

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I would have Shawcross in my team, I'd also have Cattermole as my DM, and Vardy, Walcott and Sterling as my front 3. No I'm not giving you any code tags.

Cattermole isn't amazing but England are shocking when you consider our DM options, but if Cattermole was suddenly signed by a big club...

I think you'll find that Eric Dier is now Englands first choice DM.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I haven't really watched Spurs this season but I did hear he's become their new DM. I'm down with giving the lad a shot just don't loving expect Shelvey or whoever to do that role in an actual tournament, jfc Hodgson.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bringing in Shelvey to do the job Cork does at Swansea was mental.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I haven't really watched Spurs this season but I did hear he's become their new DM. I'm down with giving the lad a shot just don't loving expect Shelvey or whoever to do that role in an actual tournament, jfc Hodgson.

yeah, Bentaleb died so Poch shoved Dier into midfield and after some initial grumblings about wanting to play centre back, Dier realised he was actually pretty good that whole DM business so now he's happy,.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Actually, the ideal situation is that they keep Mourinho on for the Sunderland game, so that Big Sam can make a face and do an hour-long press conference about how he got him the sack, then they hire someone who the fans hate from the get-go and where they literally boo the introduction of the new manager, bring A4 banners demanding he go, and chant for Mourinho regardless of results

Again

I hate Allardyce but love how he winds Mourinho up.

Would love to see Sunderland completely park the bus and nick a point or three. The meltdown would be perfect.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I hope Jose stays and Chelsea get relegated

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fart simpson posted:

same

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Hazard and Costa in the Championship would be extremely my poo poo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri is on course to receive a huge bonus after being promised an extra £100,000 for every place above 17th that City finish in the Premier League table. The Foxes are two points clear at the top.

Bet his royal highness King Power is regretting that contract clause although really probably not as they get over a million in prize money for every place anyway

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Blue Star Error posted:

Bet his royal highness King Power is regretting that contract clause although really probably not as they get over a million in prize money for every place anyway

Apparently the team didn't negotiate a top four clause either

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope Chelsea do well enough to keep Jose in a job but bad enough for us to laugh. According to some rough maths that equates to 7th in the table

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

In fairness, that's only a maximum of £1.6m for winning the league, which is significantly less than Mourinho will get while sat on gardening leave for the rest of the season

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Byolante posted:

I really don't think anyone in the prem has form close to shawcross this season, again, who else can say that a goal hasn't been scored by the opposition while they have been on the pitch this season.

I don't think being sent off and then the team conceding a couple of goals should count in his favour

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

fart simpson posted:

Then Abramovich leaves and Chelsea go bankrupt and start the next season with -69 points.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Carlo should tell us to gently caress off after the way we treated him in all honesty.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I hope Pep fucks off and Ancelotti takes over

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Really hope these rumours of Mourinho getting the sack are untrue just so I can enjoy his meltdown for as long as possible.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

I don't

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ephex posted:

I'm not a massive Pep lover but he's done pretty well for you guys no?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I don't think being sent off and then the team conceding a couple of goals should count in his favour

I think you should probably consider that nobody thought either yellow was even a foul, just a ref wanting to get on tv.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm not a massive Pep lover but he's done pretty well for you guys no?

Doing pretty well isn't good enough for the team that's supposed to win their league year after year with almost no challenge and always be close in UCL every single year... perfect, or the gas chamber.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

T Bowl posted:

The ideal situation is they sack Jose, a new guy comes in, they dont gel right away and lose once again.. and then it's in full meltdown mode and the new guy is already losing the faith as well.

Ah, keep going I'm close.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jose out Rodgers in as interim manager mmm yes

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
If Pep is coming to the prem, he will go to Man City for sure they probably offered him acres and acres of oil fields. I would poo poo my pants if he came to Arsenal (we can't afford him and Wegner won't walk), I don't think he'd go for Chelsea because lol Chelsea, and the only other team with a chance to sign him is United but again, $$$$$ and he'd probably like to manage a team that can make it out of Champions League group stages.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Guardiola was so easily persuaded by money then he wouldn't have gone to Bayern in the first place. Chelsea and City were both offering him far more than they were, and were far more aggressive in their pursuit of him, and yet he still preferred to go to Germany.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

quiet enjoyment posted:

If Pep is coming to the prem, he will go to Man City for sure they probably offered him acres and acres of oil fields. I would poo poo my pants if he came to Arsenal (we can't afford him and Wegner won't walk), I don't think he'd go for Chelsea because lol Chelsea, and the only other team with a chance to sign him is United but again, $$$$$ and he'd probably like to manage a team that can make it out of Champions League group stages.

I think City has the best chance because it seems like they have been building up to support his model, plus they have unlimited funding. The only other place he could go is Arsenal and that's not as farfetched as you might think. Arsenal can definitely afford him and his transfer strategies (short of signing Messi), and would probably be open to restructuring personnel in the club to support him, plus they already play a short passing game with technical players. The reason he won't come is solely because Wenger is still in power.

I also don't want him to go to Arsenal because I still think he's only semiproven because he had a golden generation at Barcelona and an already strong squad at Bayern, yet he still hasn't delivered the CL there. I'm not sold on whether he'll do as well in the Prem.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euroboy posted:

Jose out Rodgers in as interim manager mmm yes

I'd be ok with finishing no higher than 5th

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Pep to Arsenal is rapidly becoming my favourite fanfic. Keep going. Don't stop.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If guardiola goes to an English team it will be the only time in his career where he has to worry about more than 0 or 1 other teams fighting for a title and I wonder if he'd be up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Gorn Myson posted:

If Guardiola was so easily persuaded by money then he wouldn't have gone to Bayern in the first place. Chelsea and City were both offering him far more than they were, and were far more aggressive in their pursuit of him, and yet he still preferred to go to Germany.

He wanted to actually win things so he could continue to make money.

• Locked thread