Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This can't be real, but I'm all over it either way :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
It's totally real.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

(This dazes him and then he chases a criminal to the edge of a cliff where a brick breaks, sending the criminal tumbling down onto him and knocking him out so he misses his wedding.)

If I didn't know better I'd bet that Quesada was somehow hoping this would catch on in a "omg he referenced the brick panel" way.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm just frankly amazed at how far-reaching the fact that bricks are spider-sense proof apparently is.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

I have no idea how to search for the drat things, but my favorite of the cracked doctored spider-man comic strips is the one where Mysterio is gay for Spider-Man, just because it gets exponentially funnier if you read it out loud with proper inflection and timing.

"Spider-Man...I'm gay...FOR YOU!" "NO!"

"What if half-Spider-Man half-Asian asked you?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

This can't be real

Deadpool Meme variant month.

Eew.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Deadpool Meme variant month.

Eew.

Every word in that sentence makes me want to never read a comic again.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ImpAtom posted:

(This dazes him and then he chases a criminal to the edge of a cliff where a brick breaks, sending the criminal tumbling down onto him and knocking him out so he misses his wedding.)

No matter how much I look at it, it looks like the brick is piercing Spidey's head/mask, not like the corner is breaking off.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I can't help but see one of the bits that broke off as a pupil and I can't stop giggling at the expression he's making now.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Metalshark posted:

This is pretty great.

:allears: this is the closest I've ever come to declaring I'll for sure buy a variant. Like, I'll never actually make the effort to get one, but if I just happen to find this one 50% off months after the issue comes out, I'd definitely consider getting it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metalshark posted:

This is pretty great.

This is the best.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I can absolutely see Bart Simpson laughing on the other end of a phone.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Just realized that Savage Dragon reminds me of handsome Hulk from that Avengers anime thing

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Looks like not only did Trump get his campaign slogan from that Spider-Man comic I wrote, but also his gimmick of "crypto-fascist super-villain president."

Sorry, America :(

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 16, 2015

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It's ok. The Spider Punks are ready to put on a show. Still my favorite story from Spiderverse.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Looks like not only did Trump get his campaign slogan from that Spider-Man comic I wrote, but also his gimmick of "crypto-fascist super-villain president."

My god Trump's love of bad trucker hats finally makes sense

e: also I can't read the line "make America great again" in any context ever without thinking of Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising

VVV : poo poo you're right

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 16, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He was a senator! Get your armstrong facts straight.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TwoPair posted:

My god Trump's love of bad trucker hats finally makes sense

e: also I can't read the line "make America great again" in any context ever without thinking of Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising

VVV : poo poo you're right

That Venom was always great in the doofiest way. Just mainly due to the stilted animation of the show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Guess who's running for president again?

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

prefect posted:

Where could I acquire this lovely campaign button?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wyntyr posted:

Where could I acquire this lovely campaign button?

The 2016 button, alas, is just from a comic-book cover: http://freshcomics.us/issue/FEB150775/howard-the-duck-2-vote-howard-cover

The 1976 button would probably cost a few bucks to get nowadays, but they did really exist.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Not to sound like a Hatcher, but how is he a natural-born citizen when he's from another reality?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Not to sound like a Hatcher, but how is he a natural-born citizen when he's from another reality?
Alternate universe USA is still the USA, right?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Squizzle posted:

I suppose nothing in the Constitution says you have to be a natural-born citizen of the United States in this reality.

E:F,B

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

prefect posted:

The 2016 button, alas, is just from a comic-book cover: http://freshcomics.us/issue/FEB150775/howard-the-duck-2-vote-howard-cover

The 1976 button would probably cost a few bucks to get nowadays, but they did really exist.

Chip said he didn't want to retread stories from the original series, but if he did Howard's running mate would probably be She Hulk.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
How good is the new Howard? I have a collection of the original run, and it's pretty good. The new art style of Howard throws me off a bit as well.
Looks more like a miffed cockatiel than a pissed duck.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

So Far. This is nerd collectibles we're talking here, give it a few months and Marvel will probably press it out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Johnny Aztec posted:

How good is the new Howard? I have a collection of the original run, and it's pretty good. The new art style of Howard throws me off a bit as well.
Looks more like a miffed cockatiel than a pissed duck.

I love it. It's a mix of satire of the real world and comedy in the Marvel universe.

HtD v1 (2015) #3

HtD v1 (2015) #4

HtD v2 (2015) #1

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 17, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

prefect posted:

I still have this lying around:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Saoshyant posted:

HtD v2 (2015) #1

Oh crap, it's Soos from gravity Falls!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really need to read Howard the Duck.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

I really need to read Howard the Duck.

First volume is in trade and is pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole hat thing is because she's a Skrull and Howard pointed out that shapeshifting a hat out of her flesh doesn't really protect from the sun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Weirdworld #1

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Squirrel Girl v2 #3 has some good Doom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah Doom seems like he'd be right in Ryan North's wheelhouse.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Considering that Doom did in fact invent time travel in the Marvel Universe so he could steal Blackbeard's magic pirate treasure, he can define subjective time frames however he drat well pleases.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Darth Vader continues to be the best.

Darth Vader Annual #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I admit I can't remotely read that in JEJ's voice. It's too... snarky?