Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Man X
Aug 18, 2004

Boxing Champion
During one of the season 2 promotion tour interviews, Justin Roiland mentioned a Subway ad deal and Justin pitching them ads with Morty going mad about being the new Jared and Rick trying to calm him down. This was right before the time Jared got arrested, so Subway shelved the project soon thereafter. I forget which interview that was (but if anyone remembers, could you link it?).

Loved this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

J-Man X posted:

During one of the season 2 promotion tour interviews, Justin Roiland mentioned a Subway ad deal and Justin pitching them ads with Morty going mad about being the new Jared and Rick trying to calm him down. This was right before the time Jared got arrested, so Subway shelved the project soon thereafter. I forget which interview that was (but if anyone remembers, could you link it?).

Loved this one.

"M-Morty, it's okay, calm down, you are appropriately aged for Subway groupies! It's fine! Just *urrp* just think-imagine, Morty, Jessica might think footlongs are cool! Eh? Morty? You get that reference? You following me?"

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Welp, I just intentionally watched a commercial more than once.

Capitalism has won.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What's El Diablo burger saying when he comes in?

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Dr_Amazing posted:

What's El Diablo burger saying when he comes in?

"I don't make jokes"

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My friends and I all agreed that the commercial was both disgusting and that we really wanted Carl's Jr after it.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

They're stealing Morty's plumbus!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

I have no idea about this franchise but man I hate over sauced drippy burgers. They really managed to nail how unappealing and gross burgers can be.

same. let the burg speak fer itself i say!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Rick Sanchez is Rintaro Okabe.

That's why he doesn't do time travel poo poo anymore.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I saw this in a store today: A cheap and lazy knock-off of the universally beloved Plumbus.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/all-open-8-in-1-multi-purpose-can-opener-kitchen-tool/1044533236

Just buy the real deal and don't support the fakes.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Zartosht posted:

Welp, I just intentionally watched a commercial more than once.

Capitalism has won.

I think it did that with the first Star Wars action figure. No, wait, movie-themed fast food kid's meal.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I saw this in a store today: A cheap and lazy knock-off of the universally beloved Plumbus.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/all-open-8-in-1-multi-purpose-can-opener-kitchen-tool/1044533236

Just buy the real deal and don't support the fakes.

Literally the only time it is ever okay to be in a Bed Bath and Beyond is when you know someone who is getting married and they registered there.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Literally the only time it is ever okay to be in a Bed Bath and Beyond is when you know someone who is getting married and they registered there.

Then where do you buy your artisanal beer glasses :colbert:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kesper North posted:

I think it did that with the first Star Wars action figure. No, wait, movie-themed fast food kid's meal.

Star Wars action figure, no no no Star Trek action figure! And cartoon film-themed kids' meal on half.

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 16, 2015

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Propaganda Machine posted:

Then where do you buy your artisanal beer glasses :colbert:

If you're attracted to hipsters when you're drunk, does that mean you have artisanal beer goggles?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Sadly, that's where Tammy and Birdperson were registered, so I have no control over that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Sadly, that's where Tammy and Birdperson were registered, so I have no control over that.

This is the worst thing Tammy has ever done on the show.

Still. :colbert:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

counterfeitsaint posted:

What about Bloodbath and Beyond

They've got an Xmas sale on White Phos rounds coming up, I can't miss that

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

JediTalentAgent posted:

But you can't get a quality plumbus there.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

JediTalentAgent posted:

I thought they were registered at Birdbath and Beyond?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/677032154941939713

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The mix of cartoon eyes and hair with photorealistic face is some serious nightmare fuel.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zaphod42 posted:

The mix of cartoon eyes and hair with photorealistic face is some serious nightmare fuel.

They should have used those weird splotchy pupils that people have in R&M.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

prefect posted:

They should have used those weird splotchy pupils that people have in R&M.

Asterisk Eyes *_*

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Non squiggley eyes. 1/10

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Kesper North posted:

If you're attracted to hipsters when you're drunk, does that mean you have artisanal beer goggles?

Steampunk isn't hipster yet.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

George posted:

Steampunk isn't hipster yet.

I dunno if I agree with that... I've definitely seen some specimens.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Kesper North posted:

I dunno if I agree with that... I've definitely seen some specimens.

He's just probably never heard of it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh what the gently caress, I was going to watch one episode to see what all the hype was about. I'm halfway through my seventh. This show is amazing.

And loving weird.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

McDragon posted:

Oh what the gently caress, I was going to watch one episode to see what all the hype was about. I'm halfway through my seventh. This show is amazing.

And loving weird.

Yeah, once you discover how genius it is, its pretty easy to binge through it all. I sure did.

But then you're here

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Rick and Morty remains the first and only show I binged through every single episode within a few days the episodes are so short but so good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Then I guess Michael Cera is going to play Morty in the live action film.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Say Nothing posted:

Then I guess Michael Cera is going to play Morty in the live action film.

We're not having a live action Rick and Morty film before the Archer one.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Please don't encourage any possible way to get Michael Cera work. gently caress that guy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do you hate him besides being the Millenial Matthew Broderick?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Servaetes is Jesse Eisenberg.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Servaetes posted:

Please don't encourage any possible way to get Michael Cera work. gently caress that guy

the gently caress?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Michael Cera hosed Servaetes's prom date.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

rydiafan posted:

Michael Cera hosed Servaetes's prom date.

To be fair, I would also be mad if he banged my mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair, I would also be mad if he banged my mom.

hahahahah nice

• Locked thread