Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Gail Wynand posted:

MIGF why didn't Preckwinkle run against Rahm

Toni's support is like that of Mugabe: Wide but not deep.

Rahm's in until he goes to DC. After Rahm, it's Madigan's turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

so, considering holding both house and senate, did they bungle these negotiations?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mulva posted:

Ask and ye shall receive, looks like ISIS "wins".

EDIT: LOL I just noticed the poor little Bush

give people Iraq

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I don't think Rahm's going to DC chances are very high right now, what with Hillary publicly rebuking him and all

Though it was quite funny to see how fast he climbed down on the DOJ investigation once Hillary said something

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

No I don't think I am going to be fair to Ted Cruz, who I heard has a small dick.

I also heard that Ted Cruz has a small penis. Can we discuss the manhoods of the Republicans contenders? Because I support a dick discussion derail in this thread.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gail Wynand posted:

So 36% of all "private hosts" (a subset of the total hosts on Airbnb) in NYC (not Airbnb's only market) are evil landlords who should be expropriated and sent down to the countryside. In other words, a small minority of hosts seem to abuse the platform, not something anyone (including Airbnb) disputes and in other contexts they have been cooperative in cracking down on this.

As far as sending host data to the authorities, they're exercising their right to protect the privacy of their users. If it was a company you liked you'd be cheering them on. The NY attorney general's office has a long tradition of prosecutorial overreach so I don't blame them.

Once again you're still wrong. It isn't some small fraction, its a huge part of the hosts.

quote:

Most Short-Term Rentals Booked in New York Violated the Law. State and local laws in New York—including the Multiple Dwelling Law and the New York City Administrative Code— prohibit certain short-term rentals. During the Review Period, 72 percent of units used as private short- term rentals on Airbnb appeared to violate these laws.

Commercial Users Accounted for a Disproportionate Share of Private Short- Term Rentals by Volume and Revenue. Ninety-four percent of Airbnb hosts offered at most two unique units during the Review Period. But the remaining six percent of hosts dominated the platform during that period, offering up to hundreds of unique units, accepting 36 percent of private short-term bookings, and receiving $168 million, 37 percent of all host revenue. This report refers to these hosts as “Commercial Users.”

Top Commercial Users Employed Rental Platforms to Run Multimillion-Dollar Short-Term Rental Businesses. Well over 100 Commercial Users each controlled 10 or more unique Airbnb units during the Review Period. Together, these hosts accepted 47,103 private short- term reservations and earned $59.4 million in revenue. The highest-earning operation administered 272 unique Airbnb listings, booked 3,024 reservations, and received $6.8 million in revenue during the Review Period. Each of the top 12 New York City operations on Airbnb during that period earned revenue exceeding $1 million.

(http://www.ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Airbnb%20report.pdf)

72% of all units used in NYC appear to be illegal and 6% of owners make up 30%+ of the revenue.

I wouldn't in fact be in favor of any company that's hiding tax evasion or allowing other businesses to avoid safety laws, even if I used their products. I am not as selfish as you I guess.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Gail Wynand posted:

I don't think Rahm's going to DC chances are very high right now, what with Hillary publicly rebuking him and all

Though it was quite funny to see how fast he climbed down on the DOJ investigation once Hillary said something

I think you will find that the DOJ investigation will reveal a "culture of corruption and racial bias" within CPD, enabled by the inactions of Anita Alvarez. It would only be the honorable thing for her to resign immediately for her crimes against black chicago.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Once again you're still wrong. It isn't some small fraction, its a huge part of the hosts.

72% of all units used in NYC appear to be illegal and 6% of owners make up 30%+ of the revenue.

I wouldn't in fact be in favor of any company that's hiding tax evasion or allowing other businesses to avoid safety laws, even if I used their products. I am not as selfish as you I guess.

Turns out a good cost savings measure is to ignore all applicable local, state and federal regulations. Disrupt the market, until legislation catches up with you!

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Fox Ironic posted:

I also heard that Ted Cruz has a small penis. Can we discuss the manhoods of the Republicans contenders? Because I support a dick discussion derail in this thread.

I heard that even Fiorina has a penis, but alas, it is a small one as well.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fox Ironic posted:

Rubio would like you to think that it's size which matters. Cruz knows that it isn't the size of your forces, its how you use them.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

Rubio would like you to think that it's size which matters. Cruz knows that it isn't the size of your forces, its how you use them.

Yet he seems all too willing to start a full scale war.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Ugh, now I'm thinking about Sexy Time Cruz and I don't want to be.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

karlor posted:

I heard that even Fiorina has a penis, but alas, it is a small one as well.

Still bigger than Cruz's. How about the pecker of our glorious frontrunner? What's the over-under on Trump's Stump?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
now I'm not saying I support thoughtcrime, but I'd be okay with expressing these thoughts being a crime

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

zoux posted:

Turns out a good cost savings measure is to ignore all applicable local, state and federal regulations. Disrupt the market, until legislation catches up with you!
Seriously. This, as well as their complete disavowal of their employees anytime something goes wrong, is why people in the thread are against Uber/Lyft/AirBNB/whatever other dumbass "disruptive" startup becomes prominent.

Now can we stop having this autistic back-and-forth every page? It actually made me look forward to MIGF making GBS threads up the thread instead.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Yes and Airbnb kicked most of those hosts off the site once the situation was brought to their attention, that didn't stop the NYCAG from including them in their report though.

quote:

If I do business with a company I expect that they wouldn't just hand over my info to law enforcement at their beck and call if they think there is something wrong with the request.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

Ugh, now I'm thinking about Sexy Time Cruz and I don't want to be.

I can't stop imagining his melty, grunting face.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AmiYumi posted:

Seriously. This, as well as their complete disavowal of their employees anytime something goes wrong, is why people in the thread are against Uber/Lyft/AirBNB/whatever other dumbass "disruptive" startup becomes prominent.

Now can we stop having this autistic back-and-forth every page? It actually made me look forward to MIGF making GBS threads up the thread instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZyQ9g2WTy8

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

joeburz posted:

so, considering holding both house and senate, did they bungle these negotiations?

So is this bill looking to get signed by Obama or not? It sounds like there is a lot of bad crap in here, including CISPA.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

zoux posted:

And now most cities have expanded their regulations to cover such services in a way most people are happy with. I live in Chicago, nobody cares about Airbnb here, maybe because we have a functional housing market.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

GlitchThief posted:

I feel bad for the poor sucker who is going to have to read all of Senator Cruz's personal e-mails now.

"Ugh! Why is even his email moist?"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

So is this bill looking to get signed by Obama or not? It sounds like there is a lot of bad crap in here, including CISPA.

Does this bill even make it to his desk?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hannity would fail the Voight-Kampff test in seconds.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fox Ironic posted:

Still bigger than Cruz's. How about the pecker of our glorious frontrunner? What's the over-under on Trump's Stump?

I'd bet Trump has a pretty generous hog. Maybe it's his cocksure attitude, inasmuch as that he's sure his cock would stand up favorably to scrutiny.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fox Ironic posted:

Entirely scientific survey

http://www.cardsagainsthumanity.com/survey/

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Feldegast42 posted:

You talk like the bad things in CISA weren't pushed by the White House in the first place. I'd easily say that this bill will probably be signed by Obama (EDIT: assuming it hits his desk)

I mean, these things can change, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ReidRansom posted:

I'd bet Trump has a pretty generous hog. Maybe it's his cocksure attitude, inasmuch as that he's sure his cock would stand up favorably to scrutiny.

Putting lipstick on the pig makes a surprising return for another election cycle.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama will sign it because of 9/11 responders and Jon Stewart.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fox Ironic posted:

Press Release From The Desk Of Donald Trump

Donald Trump would like to respond to aspersions that have been cast on the size and girth of his tumescence. Donald Trump would like everyone to know that not only is his manhood above average, but it has been certified by his family doctor to be "the largest of any patient he has ever had".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Donald Trump would like to respond to aspersions that have been cast on the size and girth of his tumescence. Donald Trump would like everyone to know that not only is his manhood above average, but it has been certified by his family doctor to be "the largest of any patient he has ever had".

"It's yuge. You're gonna love it. It's great."

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

In the words of Trump's personal physician, Trump is "yoooogeeee"

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

See, I always figured he was overcompensating with the skyscrapers and putting his name is on everything. I think Trump's tool may be even smaller than Cruz's cock, but I am not quite as sure as I am about Ted Cruz having a small penis.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Donald Trump probably does have a huge dick but that's because the world is poo poo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gail Wynand posted:

If I do business with a company I expect that they wouldn't just hand over my info to law enforcement at their beck and call if they think there is something wrong with the request.

So you actually think companies shouldn't have to obey laws if they don't like them?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hey guys, have you ever stopped to consider the possibility that Donald Trump actually is the ubermensch: healthy as a track athlete teenager, has never been sick or suffered major injury, genius-level intellect, eidedic memory, 14 inch cock

Have you ever thought that maybe that's actually true, huh, huh???

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

So you actually think companies shouldn't have to obey laws if they don't like them?

Companies are free to disobey the law, just as government is free to catch and prosecute them.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

They followed the law by disputing the subpoena in court and reaching a settlement where they released a smaller set of data. That's why we have these things called "courts," to resolve legal disagreements.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gail Wynand posted:

They followed the law by disputing the subpoena in court and reaching a settlement where they released a smaller set of data. That's why we have these things called "courts," to resolve legal disagreements.

that's also why we have these things called "regulations", to provide appropriate guidelines for what behavior might end you up in one of these so called "courts"

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hmm. Maybe perhaps because it has more in common with workplace violence than extremist jihadism?

Liberals need this to be true so their worldview isn't proven wrong.

It's as much workplace violence as 9/11 or OK City, in that it was violence that happened at a place of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Gail Wynand posted:

My Imaginary GF posted:

Companies are free to disobey the law, just as government is free to catch and prosecute them.

I too, feel that society functions better when we don't enforce the law and accept a settlement (bribe) in exchange for doing the less then the bare minimum. Look how well that's working out for police precincts in St. Louis, Chicago, and the Carolinas.

• Locked thread