Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Bought a ton of Rubio right as it closed. C'mon CNN, show the RNC just how much you love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Bought a ton of Rubio right as it closed. C'mon CNN, show the RNC just how much you love them.

Me too. Bet big on Rubio yes and Trump no.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hahaha apparently Rubio said the debate was in front of 15 millions people during one of his answers and the CNN Nielsen rating poll is going insane

Ugh I wish I had more money to put on this, I'm basically betting all my BIDENNO winnings on 20+ million viewers.

tinstaach has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Dec 16, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trump went down somewhat against a third party run just now.

edit haha goddamn, that was fast. a dead cat bounce is likely if someone is into that

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Dec 16, 2015

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Holy crap, Trump just said he wouldn't run third party and the No shares for a Trump 3rd party run hit 99c in about a minute flat.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Nows the time to get some cheap yes because lol if you don't think he'll reverse- I'm sorry- 'clarify' that position tomorrow

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I lost my rear end on the debate speaking time market.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

I lost my rear end on the debate speaking time market.

Same, yuuuuuge losses. Seemed like Cruz was the only one who actually wanted to talk at length (other than the lower-tier candidates that no one wanted to hear). Jeb and Trump seemed content to mostly sit it out when they weren't slapfighting, and Rubio just gave his canned statements.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I couldn't bet in the speaking time market because all my money is still tied up in the "Will You Support Trump" contract. I got greedy and didn't want to get out at less than 99, but it was so weird to see it keep fluctuating between 93 and 96, even when it was over.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

thethreeman posted:

:psyduck: this CNN debate speaking market is blowing my mind. How is trump YES going for 60c? He's obviously the favorite, and he dominated the last CNN debate, but he was upper-middle of the pack in both of the two most recent ones. I know FBN had said they were going to try to even out speaking time, but even if CNN doesn't do that, these prices are still crazy. I'll hold until kasich interrupts a couple times early or something, then try to sell them all.

:homebrew: the prices were insane to start, YESes added up to like 150

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Vox Nihili posted:

Same, yuuuuuge losses. Seemed like Cruz was the only one who actually wanted to talk at length (other than the lower-tier candidates that no one wanted to hear). Jeb and Trump seemed content to mostly sit it out when they weren't slapfighting, and Rubio just gave his canned statements.

Alright for some reason they make it difficult to search closed markets and I'm on my phone. Who ended up speaking the most? I'm almost certain Carson spoke the least.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Where were the speaking times? Usually they've been released by now. I have no dog in that fight, though, since it's too random

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aliquid posted:

Where were the speaking times? Usually they've been released by now. I have no dog in that fight, though, since it's too random

Cruz: 15:58

Rubio: 13:33

Trump: 13:25

Christie: 10:45

Carson: 10:27

Bush: 10:13

Paul: 9:46

Fiorina: 9:32

Kasich: 9:00

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That's pretty even, I'd expect Cruzmentum to continue the next week or two.

I was in a slightly profitable position on all my Rubio shares across all markets, and I liquidated him tonight. I may be on the Trump/Cruz crazy train, ugh

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Platystemon posted:

Cruz: 15:58

Rubio: 13:33

Trump: 13:25

Christie: 10:45

Carson: 10:27

Bush: 10:13

Paul: 9:46

Fiorina: 9:32

Kasich: 9:00

I wanted to but Trump.No as well. AND YOU ALL CALLED ME CRAZY AFTER THAT FIRST DEBATE :mad:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The previous two time winners have been Cruz and Kasich, have they not? Maybe I missed one in-between.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
New market: "Will Ben Carson become a third party presidential candidate?"

If you're thinking it's simply not in the cards for this guy, you're among the majority. Currently at 2 cents.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jim Webb's got that independent vote on lock

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aliquid posted:

The previous two time winners have been Cruz and Kasich, have they not? Maybe I missed one in-between.

Trump twice, Cruz once (now twice), Fiorina once.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

The Sanders polling at 30% market is overreacting to a weak poll that shows him at 26%. People always put so much weight into the latest poll. He's been above 30% continuously since Biden ceased to be a polling factor and it seems like a safe bet in the low 80's.

http://politickernj.com/2015/12/monmouth-national-poll-clinton-holds-59-26-lead-over-sanders/

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1555/Will-primary-polling-give-Sanders-at-least-30-on-December-31#data

Yeah, I know, don't bet on polls, but we all do.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like 18 million people watched the debate, and I'm almost bust now because of it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Looks like 18 million people watched the debate, and I'm almost bust now because of it

I was considering putting a no bet on that inflated top number (22+ million, was it?), but instead decided to go with the "predictable" speaking market. gently caress.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

poo poo

good thing those dumbos were giving me NOs on less than 16 million for .65 yesterday

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

I was considering putting a no bet on that inflated top number (22+ million, was it?), but instead decided to go with the "predictable" speaking market. gently caress.

I lost a few bucks there, too. Considering going the George Costanza route with the rest of my money and betting against what I think will happen

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Did Jeb! just drop out? He just shot up to 85 in the next to drop out market, but drop out before Iowa hasn't moved

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The medical tax thing hosed me pretty good, luckily I made a chunk back with predictit's wording error on the supporting trump question last night. I miss the BIDENNO days.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Did Jeb! just drop out? He just shot up to 85 in the next to drop out market, but drop out before Iowa hasn't moved
Pretty clear it's artificial movement. You can still buy YES at 13 cents which is on par with his before Iowa market.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm trying to sell shares and I get a warning say I have insufficient funds to make the trade. The deal goes through, I lose shares, and money doesn't show up in my "available" area. What's going on?

Am I just not understanding linked markets? Here:

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Dec 16, 2015

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Sounds like that trade increased your amount at risk in a linked market.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yep. Looks like I need funds available to sell out. Each sale of shares at a pretty good profit increases my gain/loss tab and decreases my available funds. I'm still bad at linked markets.

edit in other news i was sick of looking at that distorted dropout market so i bought exactly one share of Jeb YES to swing it back to reality

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Dec 16, 2015

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Those Carson Iowa shares are down to 1-2c. I'm averaging down.

I ought to dip into Carson runner-up to hedge tho.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Shear Modulus posted:

Anyone know if his camp ever bought back those cancelled Iowa media orders (television/radio) set for January?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

That's because he's in free fall. He is just like one of those 2012 flashes in the pan. With the exception of Gingrich they never came back once they went into free fall.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Ugh, I got killed on the Medical Device Tax market. I didn't read the language close enough, but I also didn't think they'd get that poo poo into the CR-spending bill.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
e: wrong thread

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zeta Taskforce posted:

That's because he's in free fall. He is just like one of those 2012 flashes in the pan. With the exception of Gingrich they never came back once they went into free fall.

It's a lottery ticket but I think there are nonzero odds for even the slightest of dead-cat bounces. If I'm wrong I'm out like 2 bucks.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm enjoying the post-debate polling markets. YESes aren't actually terrible deals in either of them - you can buy them all for <110 before you get to the low volume/sub-5c contracts. I'm doing some momentum betting on Trump NOs for 60c in the "decline most" market and some Cruz YESes for 38c in the "increase most" market, assuming we'll get another poll or two before the debate even factors in...

Also - it's hard to compare, since IA was a month earlier in 2012, but does anyone who paid attention back then remember what happened to the # of polls released around the holidays? I assume pollsters take vacations too, and that more respondents would ignore the calls. So the last 2-3 polls and any polls we get in the next week should be much more predictive of the month-end numbers than in most months?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trump YES on biggest decline is a good buy imo since he'd been putting up stellar numbers recently and polls may just regress to the mean regardless of debate performance.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Aliquid posted:

Trump YES on biggest decline is a good buy imo since he'd been putting up stellar numbers recently and polls may just regress to the mean regardless of debate performance.

the decline will begin any day now

For more substance, I think if we add up Trump + Carson + Cruz + Rand's polling numbers (or non-establishment candidates) over the past three or four months has been 60%. Trump now has 33 which is over half, but Carson is on the way down and is about to be as irrelevant as anyone but Trump/Cruz/Jeb/Rubio. Therefore, if we divide that 60% only between Trump and Cruz, Cruz still needs to overtake Trump and poll up toward 35 before Trump loses more than Carson is going to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Also is PredictIt really going to send me a 1099 even though I haven't cashed out? That's loving dumb especially since they take a fee for withdrawals.

• Locked thread