Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Emanuel Collective posted:

Turns out the detective pushing for the "medically-induced teen boner" warrant may not have been on the level!

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-362452411.html

But...but...his training and experience...officer safety....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

nm posted:

He never said he wouldn't work for the polluters.

Polluters don't want to pay attorneys either.

They wouldn't be dumping poo poo in rivers and making mutant babies to save $.01 per ton of chemical disposal if they liked paying money.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Have 1.5 more days of work until a two week vacation. Since I was supposed to be in trial all week, my schedule was already cleared. Per slyfrog's suggestion, my refractory period is down considerably, but what else should I do all day? I already ate my lunch.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I play hearthstone on my phone and also I have my DS with me.

Government admin appeal offices own.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SlyFrog posted:

They wouldn't be dumping poo poo in rivers and making mutant babies to save $.01 per ton of chemical disposal if they liked paying money.

they don't want to, but they have the money to

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

SlyFrog posted:

They only have to pay the attorneys once they get caught and might have to pay lots more.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
that affluenza kid skipped probation and is on the lam looool

hoocouldanode?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I have a bright idea to print out book chapters/articles etc to look like deposition transcripts, but no one really cares if you're mucking around on your phone.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I just slept on a couch for three hours in a study room because I was up until 330am FB chatting a girl in my study group, and I forgot we were all meeting this afternoon and not this morning.

Go to law school.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

that affluenza kid skipped probation and is on the lam looool

hoocouldanode?

Woah, sounds like probation was too harsh for him. Shouldn't have been so rough on the poor kid.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Have 1.5 more days of work until a two week vacation. Since I was supposed to be in trial all week, my schedule was already cleared. Per slyfrog's suggestion, my refractory period is down considerably, but what else should I do all day? I already ate my lunch.

I've often made the mistake of eating my lunch at like 10 am and I always, always regret it. Just call it second breakfast and go get a real lunch at noon.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Toona the Cat posted:

I just slept on a couch for three hours in a study room because I was up until 330am FB chatting a girl in my study group, and I forgot we were all meeting this afternoon and not this morning.

Go to law school.

Getting a head start on the dying alone thing ehh

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Adar posted:

Getting a head start on the dying alone thing ehh

Sounds like he's getting a head start on meeting his second ex-wife.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

sullat posted:

Sounds like he's getting a head start on meeting his second ex-wife.

Third, actually. I am bad at making decisions.

Toona the Cat fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 16, 2015

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Toona the Cat posted:

Third, actually. I am bad at making decisions.

Love of God. This exchange needs to be the first thing you see on the first post of the thread.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I've often made the mistake of eating my lunch at like 10 am and I always, always regret it. Just call it second breakfast and go get a real lunch at noon.

Went for coffee for an hour. Now going to lunch for an hour.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Pook Good Mook posted:

Love of God. This exchange needs to be the first thing you see on the first post of the thread.

The truth is a lot worse. I got married when I was 21 to my high school girlfriend's college best friend, went to college after getting out of the Air Force at 30 at a predominantly women's university, met someone 9 years younger, realized my marriage was awful, started dating the day I moved out of my old house, got re-married 2 years later.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 13, 2021

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Toona the Cat posted:

Go to law school.

All this study effort for the inevitable Bs.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Look Sir Droids posted:

All this study effort for the inevitable Bs.

there is literally no study effort in that post so it sounds pretty typical

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
He was chatting with someone in his study group until 3:30 AM and slept on a nasty study room couch instead of his own bed. I call that effort.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

Toona the Cat posted:

at a predominantly women's university

Isn't every university predominantly women? To clarify, the women you remarried to, she was 9 years older?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

calvus posted:

Isn't every university predominantly women? To clarify, the women you remarried to, she was 9 years older?

I'm 9 years older. And this university was 93% women.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Does the newest one have daddy issues too?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toona the Cat posted:

met someone 9 years younger

That explains the Penn State avatar.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Also, why do I remember Oakland Raiders and Carolina Panthers Kerry Collins, but not NYG Kerry Collins?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

Toona the Cat posted:

I'm 9 years older. And this university was 93% women.

I am now asking myself why I didn't go to a school like that

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Do you remember Titans/Colts old man Kerry Collins?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Tokelau All Star posted:

Do you remember Titans/Colts old man Kerry Collins?

Oh yea; I was rooting hard against VY.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

mastershakeman posted:

lol if you ever have the time to eat between 8am and 4pm

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I try my best to take a hard hour for lunch. I think its good for the mind.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Toona the Cat posted:

met someone 9 years younger

blarzgh posted:

That explains the Penn State avatar.

:laffo:

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
One semester in the bag. Feel really good about my memo, and all of my finals except torts which I probably did average.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Prediction:

Torts A-
Everything else: B

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 13, 2021

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Discendo Vox posted:

Prediction: this is the last post anyone will ever see from Toona.

Don't forget the 'alimony on future earnings?' query in the legal questions thread next spring.

And the 'verify age of consent in Alabama if you're married' question six years from now

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Prediction:

Torts A-
Everything else: B

That.

I just got an e-mail that my final memo was graded. Guess I'll be getting one B+ for Christmas after all. (Picking it up before my final tomorrow, ugh.)

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I honestly just don't look at the feedback from papers anymore, I know the flaws in the drat thing because I wrote it.

I just eat the grade and move on, content knowing the time I could've spent nitpicking over the grade was better spent (studying for exams / drinking).

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Do grades come out before or after he starts the next semester? High comedy potential either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Surprise Witness: Your mom.

Yup. That happened.